PDA

View Full Version : Weaon rarity damage bonus formula?

Whippersnapper
10-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Thanks to the new weapon system, rarer weapons do more damage.

Is there a formula so we can work out how much more dmg a weapon does at every rarity level (excluding unpredictable bonuses of course)?

I saw a Mazu Rifle and I used to ignore them due to their low dmg (even though each shot was supposed to count for 3), but now I can reconsider Mazu's. Epics and Legendaries that is. I can't work out their stats w/o seeing them (or being told) unless I have the formula though.

Sidenote: Did they ever fix that? Mazu shots are supposed to count for 3, but I was told they didn't, and I never noticed them counting for 3. Because you know, you have these 40dmg Mazu's and these 142dmg Mazu's which SUCK if it's just 1 shot, but if it's x3 then it's 120dmg & 426dmg respectably, and that's a different story.

Deunan
10-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Weapon Damage Related to Rarity

After Patch 1.105, all weapons in the game, new ones and existing, recieve a Damage increase based on their rarity. Higher the rarity, higher the Damage.

Green weapons - 3% Damage increase
Blue weapons - 6% Damage increase
Purple weapons - 10% Damage increase
Orange weapons - 15% Damage increase

* - BMGs do not get a Damage increase with rarity

The displayed damage for Mass Cannon, Swarm Cannon, and Ground Pounders don't show an increase in damage from rarity but this may be a display bug as the displayed damage also doesn't increase whan a damage barrel is added to them.

BarrySciFi
10-23-2013, 01:37 PM
Even so, compare an orange or purple Mazu Blast Rifle and Blast Rifle to any old Pulser of any color. The Pulser beats them in every category. Those weapons are fun to use, but there is no reason to use them....

Whippersnapper
10-23-2013, 02:05 PM
Pulser?

NVM I found one. Ok I see now.

Although I don't see how damage in the high 100s can be more dmg than an AR.

Deunan
10-23-2013, 02:30 PM
Pulser?

NVM I found one. Ok I see now.

Although I don't see how damage in the high 100s can be more dmg than an AR.I think he means the VOT Tachmag Pulser. It has higher DOT with the faster fire rate, reloads faster and offers a better chance to land crits with the smaller bloom. I don't recall what the recoil was like with the Mazu but the recoil on the Tachmag is as close to non-existent as I've ever encountered on any fully automatic weapon in the game. I do recall that I found the Mazu underwhelming when compared to the Tachmag though.