PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Live stream 10/25/13

Shadow Andreas
10-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Here it is Ark Hunters...this weeks question thread for the live stream this Friday.

I will start off with a question from Punisher Illinois from a different thread.....per their request:

"I have questions to ask them. The biggest one being can we in the future be able to up grade our weapons from one level to another? Like blue too purple or purple too orange."

Lightningman
10-23-2013, 02:46 PM
My questions:

When will you be able to level clans up?

When will arenas let you gain weapon exp?

And what`s the next patch going to be about?

Chevota
10-23-2013, 02:59 PM
A bit along with Lightning^... I know this is kind of long and on multiple topics.

~Patch 1.106 - I assume it will include the North Point Siege round 5 "fix #2"... Can we get a taste of what else may come with 1.106? (possibly any mod changes/fixes?)

(Understandable if these 2 are not talked about)
~DLC "Arkbreaker" - So it appears the player-called Arks are part of the basic game, anyone can join... When do we find out what the PAID version may include? Possibly start teasing the benefits of purchasing it, because so far it appears to all be Free... (Yes, im sure there will be paid-content, but can we get that TEASE to make us want to buy it)

~Grenades - Can Overload show off some day EXACTLY how they will work via Alpha?... What i mean is, be at a Vendor with a Purple/Orange equipped. Chuck em till he's out of nades, then show how we refill via the Vendor... Also how it refills (without swapping) in the field, during battle?... I think alot of people are giving y'all heat because we dont know how EXACTLY it works.

Lightningman
10-23-2013, 03:43 PM
I believe the paid content is that(Hopefully) were(season pass holders) the only people that will get to call down Arkfalls but anyone can join. Idk about the stims and spikes but trion might just give us another starter pack

wow so dev
10-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Someone should ask about Shiba Inus.

Shadow Andreas
10-23-2013, 03:54 PM

Very cute puppy!!

Bonehead
10-23-2013, 04:02 PM
I would like to know if Volge Emergencies will ever start dropping loot again.
Not just a white every seven or eight tries.

Holy Bahamut3
10-23-2013, 04:08 PM

^I'm With this guy.

Also My questions will be.

1. Will we see the DLC by Christmas? If the dreaded "Soon" is the only answer you are allowed to give, then how far off is it from the alpha test servers?

2.I know it's been done to death, but when will the next rewind weekend happen? When it does could the devs not spam Topnotch with the infected. If I have to hear "MY BRAIN IS ON FIRE!" again then my brain will spontaneously combust.

3. Have the devs gone over these suggestions? What did they think? Are any of them do-able?
Fortress: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...light=Fortress
Synergy: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...cket-launchers.
Crafting: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...-Into-Petrohol

4. What are their Ideas on perfecting the Salvage matrix? Will we be able to change attachments on our weapons w/o destroying all of the attachments?

5. I know their has been an outcry, and you have already said all you want to on the matter, but I thought this was a good Idea. Just wondering if it is do-able? If not why not? http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?137911-Hey-Trion-Wanna-Retain-Players-End-the-Kerfuffle-amp-Earn-Some-Scratch

6.I was wondering if we would see any Higher tier attachments for weapons later in any DLC or Patch? It would give us another two levels of perfection to strive for. :-) and while we are on the subject of attachments, could you lower the prices of T3 mods? Ever since the increase I have been strapped for scrip. Maybe just lower the price 30-40%. It would help tremendously.

7. When will we see another Loot,scrip,or xp boost weekend? Perhaps a combo of the three. As stated above I have been strapped for scrip. lol

Sanguinesun
10-23-2013, 07:56 PM

This applies:

http://youtu.be/nGoWAM0jhT0

Elastik Spastik
10-23-2013, 08:00 PM
When will the raider/99er/mutant/volge arkfalls come.

And can we have a mega arkfall where every faction turns up with thier arkfall bosses all in one area. Biggest arkfall battle ever. Could start with minors being one of each faction then have the major which would be all out mayhem.

Overtkill21
10-23-2013, 08:10 PM
Other than my thread - that crasher already mentioned - I'd like to know what's up with the Nanos? Why do so many of the new weapons have no nano??!??

If they're aware of the issue are they working to fix it?

N3gativeCr33p
10-23-2013, 08:15 PM
Any plans to add more vehicle types into the game? Specifically, motorcycles. Could even have a motorcycle model with a sidecar and three people can ride across Paradise together. (Sounds like fun! And fun is good.)

Ever given any thought to having in-game outfits and/or titles drop from certain "higher leveled" NPCs? Varied drops along those lines make the grind seem like less of a grind, I believe.

Kaiselius
10-23-2013, 08:20 PM

Second and adding "Are there any plans to increase the reward for doing emergencies in general? At the moment there is no real incentive to do them."
One more, are there any plans to make converter mods for the other nanos available?

Holy Bahamut3
10-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Second and adding "Are there any plans to increase the reward for doing emergencies in general? At the moment there is no real incentive to do them."

I agree, at least throw us a Keycode. Id do nothing but emergencies in between arkfalls, instead of hoping to sell one of my now worthless pre patched oranges for Synergy mod money. :-/

WhiteF8ng
10-23-2013, 09:41 PM
Answered

1. When will the shotgun mag bonus be addressed? 1.05 does nothing, and 1.10 does some strange things to the burst fire fraggers.

This will be addressed. Answered 9/27

9. Von Bach rep vendor items did not receive the same buff as the other rep vendors. Was this intended?

Answered 10/4/2013. Von Bach rep vendor items have received the same bonus (10%) as the others. Case in point the EMC Assault rifle at the VBI rep vendor has a DMG of 242. The same rifle at the Hermit's Hideaway (with the sick snow camo) has a DMG of 220. The Epic rarity items in this vendor still don't have the bonus. This info will be pm'd to avoid a wasted question. This has been fixed with patch 1.105

4. The 200% melee on self revive bonus didn't always exist. Mind REminding me (see wut I did there?) what that bonus roll was before? Removed on weapons generated after patch 1.105. Yay!

3. somebody.. Tell me what exactly does the Private chat invite option do? At least on PS3 because it ain't doing shtako right now... This supposed to be a tell/whisper invite but it doesn't work all the time if any. AKA it's broke... 10/18/2013

5. Any plans to bring the other elements as converter mods? Short answer: Yes. Don't get your hopes up for syphon converters though. 10/18/2013

6. After you unlock all perks, you stop getting XP. Along with the XP, you no longer receive the kill confirmations like critical, multi, or power kills. Tbh I miss seeing that. It was addressed months ago (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?113467-Ego-5000-Questions&p=1090935&viewfull=1#post1090935) as being in the bug database. When will it return? It will be looked into. To make sure it's still on track to being remedied. As of 10/18/13.

7. Rewards given for instanced events i.e. North Point Mine, Kinship Plaza, Dark Matter Base and Minor Arkfalls are sporadic at best when doing them alone or with a group. Will keycode rewards be adjusted so that everyone participating gets their just rewards? A definitive Yes was given. 10/18/2013

8. Apparently, Weapons gotten out of the Claims section will no longer receive a mastery bonus upon being mastered. Fix in place for this yet? Dev testing did not find any evidence that weapons received from the claims section would remove the weapon's mastery or make it come up blank. i believe they have found another reason for this happening. Claims section and blank mastery weapons could be just a coincidence. 10/18/2013

11. What the hell is wrong with that area around the Crater? The lag surrounding that area is ridiculous. Even walking from Iron Demon to The Crater about 30 secs after initially logging in and the road was completely gone. I felt like I was Criss Angel for a while there... Fast traveling to The Crater usually results in an instant timeout. There was an issue before of preloaded cutscenes being loaded and triggered (without actually triggering) unnecessarily. This was thought to be turned off and could possibly be the reason for latency issues in this area. 10/18/2013

12. I laugh whenever I read or hear people say "You have to do this to get this roll!" I say random is random. How much do actions that are performed while mastering a weapon contribute to its mastery bonus? None what-so-ever. Mastery bonus is already determined upon looting a weapon and it's up to you to find out what it is. 10/18/2013

13. I've always wondered why a dev never came in and clarified some of the player discussions since some weapon info and such is so vague on the weapon cards. Throw some mechanics numbers at me/us. Shield nano resistance does what? The Spanner Protector reduces damage by what? How much more damage to vehicles does a Breaker Cannon do? Things of that nature... I was asked to PM for these type of questions. As some may require getting some data and double checking for the correct answers. I will send a PM today 10/21/2013. the answers I get I'll share...

14. How is it possible that the "stock" melee animation on the Charge Blade does MORE damage than the "slash" melee? Some bad number coding. Charge blade slash vs charge slash will also be looked at. Currently, the same amount of damage can be done using quick slashes in the same time it takes to charge a slash. A re-balance is necessary. 10/18/2013

15. 0.0 Det grenades have issues to say the least. i.e. Exploding in the users face no matter how far it's thrown. Is there a fix for these issues? Why does this happen? Unsure as to why this happens at all. Will be looked into. 10/18/2013. Devs were unaware of said problem. Here are 2 threads discussing nade problems that may be linked to the same source. This one (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?133633-Grenades-are-bugged&highlight=grenade+problem) and that one (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?133632-Its-just-me-or-grenades-are-broken&highlight=grenade+problem).

16. The Particle Ultimag charge pistol never comes with mod slots unlocked. Ever. Why is that? It does come with mod slots except any after EGO 1625 (such a weird number). Will be fixed. 10/18/2013

Unanswered

2. Co-op grouping channels. What is up with the chat channels? How is it that 90% of the time ONE person gets locked out of the group and stuck in clan chat unable to communicate with the others in the co-op? Why not just have one single channel for co-op?

10. Charge Blade range is either unbalanced or broken in PvP. Why is it that on my screen I'm in front of players cutting them down but on their screen I'm about 10-15 ft. away still doing damage? Is this a peer-to-peer latency issue?

17. The VBI CS-X Cluster Shot is a combat shotgun that shoots grenades. Why doesn't the grenades register as explosives? i.e. It doesn't benefit from any explosive perks, bonuses, etc... The Courier a sawed off shotgun that does the same thing counts as an explosive.

18. The Volge LMG has the bonus roll of accuracy. While it's classified as a LMG, the fact that it shoots an explosive and has no bloom makes accuracy basically a useless roll. How is this useful?

19. The old Tactical AR scope (AKA the red A-frame one see here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?24405-Guide-Scopes-Sights&highlight=guide)and see here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?98927-Upcoming-Sight-Mods-Changes)that this wasn't intended...hopefully) was not only removed from the game but the mod was swapped with the Assault scope. Leaving us with a "no scope" and my favorite scope gone from the game. This scope was also on the Pistols as the advanced scope at the time. We also campaigned for this not to happen (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?123175-Dear-Trion-Please-Don-t-Remove-the-Red-Scopes) and it still did. If it's not coming back at least can we have an explanation of why it was removed?

20. The RNG is reeking havok on the synergy mods. Specifically the Rep vendor mod synergies. The EGO Precision, Prepared, and Scavenger synergies are showing up on weapon mods of weapons that don't come with that synergy. (i.e. a rocket launcher with Prepared synergy) Can the RNG parameters be changed to remedy this?

Mr666
10-23-2013, 11:02 PM
1.Will we ever be able to do co-op maps by yourself or start one by yourself and have others join in later?

2.In Sieges you can spend a good amount of time trying to kill something only to have the stage end and your enemy disappear with not reward for the effort (aka damage) for what you have done. Can anything be done about this?

3.This a sword glitch in which you can speed up the rate of attack and kill a arkfall within seconds. Do the Devs know about this and is it being worked on?( I believe its is done by jumping in and out of your car with a sword in hand)

4. This game has a lot of story but most of it is in data recorders or on the websites I was wonder if you can tell me why this is and if you plan to put more story into the game as missions or cutscenes to give the player more of working knowledge of whats going on in the world without digging for info.

5. Weston Marx is a important character in Defiance but he is not in the game a character. Why? (he is the reason Cass came to Mount Tam)

6.When opening your map your pointer/cursor sometime moves at different speeds or at least it do on Xbox. I was wondering one do you know about this and are there plans to fix this. Also this maybe linked to the fact that sometimes it feel like I have poo-shoes(bio) on but one is hitting me or around me but I run at about half speed.

7.The mod vender at Bug N' Chug is a shotgun but the special sales are always snipers&pistols only, is this bug or how you want that vender to work?

8.This a glitch like the one for scrapworks co-op where you can use decoy to go through a wall jump down to the boss fight and kill him in like 5 or so mins. Do you guys know about this glitch?

9.The cerberus still glitchs in pvp will this be fixed by or on the DLC?

10. This a few questions in one about EGO powers.
10.1 EGO powers BLUR and CLOAK can be stop stopped but pick up ammo but Decoy and Overcharged are not...... WHY!?!
10.2 CLOAK can be stopped at anytime to start cooldown quicker or when no longer needed. Why can't the other powers do this?
10.3 Decoy is looked over by most in pvp, so do you have any plans to make it more desirable?( I do like the switch out tho)

11. The Nano electric is not as desirable than others in pvp due to it's effect on other players. Even though it works well bullet weapons it does nothing to explosive type weapons. Do you have anything plans to change this? (I would say it should also stop EGO powers too because the electric disrupt EGO inside you body causing a temperately shutdown/reboot where EGO can't operate right.)

12. When will the full clan list be back?

13.When will clan boost be back?

rebtattoo
10-24-2013, 01:28 AM
When will Faction Vendor weapons be updated so as not to have the previous BS rolls? Or are they considered "Pre-Patch" weapons, and are not going to be revised?

Holy Bahamut3
10-24-2013, 07:55 AM
When will Faction Vendor weapons be updated so as not to have the previous BS rolls? Or are they considered "Pre-Patch" weapons, and are not going to be revised?

^I was wondering this as well.

crasher
10-24-2013, 09:40 AM
When will Faction Vendor weapons be updated so as not to have the previous BS rolls? Or are they considered "Pre-Patch" weapons, and are not going to be revised?** Purple ballistic projectile weapons at Echelon and TNTW have Elemental Nano and blue rolls. Purple ballistic projectile weapons at Paradise, Soleptor and VBI have Elemental Nano and NO blue rolls. Why?
(Hint: We dont want the Elemental Nano removed. We want the blue bonus rolls added.)

** Some people can see Elemental Nano on faction weapons at E-1250. Some people don't see them until later in the game, several people claim not to see them at all. Why?
1.a) For weapons WITH Elemental Nano: Is it intended that Elemental Nano on these weapons is not available on the next purchase of same weapon from same faction vendor before 'XXX Days', or 'ZZZ Ego advancement' has elapsed?

** Weapons name on left of screen at faction vendors in green/blue/purple text is really difficult to read at all factions but VBI. The text color is really indistinct and muddy on the background color. Can somebody look at it and confirm and/or figure it out?

** Frontier shotgun at TNTW faction vendor still has 1.05 mag bonus on a 6 shot weapon = 6.3 rounds. Seriously?
1.a) Many new weapons, such as shotguns with a '6-shot magazine', still have '1.03' or '1.05' bonus rolls under the new system after the patch. Why?

** When is the bonus data given for weapons such as the BMG Damage Charge going to coincide with what actually happens when one correctly adds an appropriate mod? The data on weapons data cards can frequently subtract bonus or negatively stack. The info is not intuitive, and it isn't explained anywhere. It just seems completely random and the results tend to be the opposite of the bonus and mod combination.

** In patch 1.025 you fixed an ammo pools bug (3rd line of patch notes).

"- Fixed a bug where you would lose ammo swapping weapons in the current loadout when the ammo pool was full."
The bug is back, again, and was back before this patch. This occurs with all weapons. This will occur after a complete resupply at an ammo cache.
It can and frequently does happen when swapping weapons, swapping loadouts, changing locations via jump points, porting to a friend in a different phase or logging in.

The total ammo available will be the 'Ammo in Weapon + Ammo in Reserve = Total Available #'

Example using a Wolfhound with a +12 shot extended mag: Pistol ammo is supposed to be:
"Loaded Weapon + Reserve = Total Available". --> 24 + 250 = 274.
The bug will result in:
"Loaded Wolfhound (24) + Reserve (226) = Total Available (250)

** There are times (during a siege is most critical and most noticed) when one is low or out of ammo, and will access an ammo cache, get a complete resupply of ammo for the primary weapon of the equipped loadout, and ZERO ammo for the secondary weapon. On occasion if one has swapped loadouts during a siege and expended all ammo for different weapons pools, those weapons pool ammo quantities will not be replenished either, or at best PARTIALLY replenished.
NOTE: I've also gotten '198' as an ammo replenishment for a wolfhound or flaregun as primary weapon in my active loadout during a siege. Thats just nuts... It's not like I left some of the ammo on the counter at the depot when I ran out.

** As WhiteF8ng posted above:
Dev testing did not find any evidence that weapons received from the claims section would remove the weapon's mastery or make it come up blank. i believe they have found another reason for this happening. Claims section and blank mastery weapons could be just a coincidence. 10/18/2013

What do I do to get my Mastery bonus rolls restored?

** Really small detail, but when driving an ATV/Duni/Truck - WHY do the brake lights come on when you let OFF the boost (when it should NOT occur) but not while braking (when it should occur)?

Holy Bahamut3
10-24-2013, 09:52 AM
** Purple ballistic projectile weapons at Echelon and TNTW have Elemental Nano and blue rolls. Purple ballistic projectile weapons at Paradise, Soleptor and VBI have Elemental Nano and NO blue rolls. Why?

** Some people can see elemental nano on faction weapons at E-1250. Some people don't see them until later in the game, several people claim not to see them at all. Why?
1.a) For weapons WITH Elemental Nano: Is it intended that Elemental Nano on these weapons is not available on the next purchase of same weapon from same faction vendor before 'XXX Days', or 'ZZZ Ego advancement' has elapsed?

** Weapons name on left of screen at faction vendors in green/blue/purple text is really difficult to read at all factions but VBI. Can somebody look at it and confirm and/or figure it out?

** Frontier shotgun at TNTW faction vendor still has 1.05 mag bonus on a 6 shot weapon = 6.3 rounds. Seriously?
1.a) Many new weapons, such as shotguns with a '6-shot magazine', still have '1.03' or '1.05' bonus rolls under the new system after the patch. Why?

** When is the bonus data given for weapons such as the BMG Damage Charge going to coincide with what actually happens when one correctly adds an appropriate mod? The data on weapons data cards can frequently subtract bonus or negatively stack. The info is not intuitive, and it isn't explained anywhere. It just seems completely random and the results tend to be the opposite of the bonus and mod combination.

"- Fixed a bug where you would lose ammo swapping weapons in the current loadout when the ammo pool was full."
The bug is back, again, and was back before this patch. This occurs with all weapons. This will occur after a complete resupply at an ammo cache.
It can and frequently does happen when swapping weapons, swapping loadouts, changing locations via jump points, porting to a friend in a different phase or logging in.

The total ammo available will be the 'ammo in weapon+ammo in reserve = total reserve #'

Example using a Wolfhound with a +12 extended mag: Pistol ammo is supposed to be:
"Loaded Weapon + Reserve = Total Supply". --> 24 + 250 = 274.
The bug will result in:
"Loaded Wolfhound (24) + Reserve (226) = Total Supply (250)

** There are times (during a siege is most critical and most noticed) when one is low or out of ammo, and will access an ammo cache, get a complete resupply of ammo for the primary weapon of the equipped loadout, and ZERO ammo for the secondary weapon. On occasion if one has swapped loadouts during a siege and expended all ammo for different weapons pools, those weapons pool ammo quantities will not be replenished either, or at best PARTIALLY replenished.
NOTE: I've also gotten '198' as an ammo replenishment for a wolfhound or flaregun as primary weapon in my active loadout during a siege. Thats just nuts... It's not like I left some of the ammo on the counter at the depot when I ran out.

** Really small detail, but when driving an ATV/Duni/Truck - WHY do the brake lights come on when you let OFF the boost (when it should NOT occur) but not while braking (when it should occur)?

^Dont forget the Top Notch vendor's Frontier saw still has a 200%melee damage for an epic roll. I think they need to repair all of the Vendor weapons. Perhaps add Legendary Specials for the Reputation Vendors like with the Thorn Liro.

Moogletime
10-24-2013, 10:20 AM
-DLC, we needed it months ago. We crave it, and for those that spent money already for it, we have a right to ask: WHAT IS THE HOLDUP???

-New map area, or a fast travel via plane or boat to a new island/area? If you could make it snowy, or foresty, that would be beyond amazing.

-The vets who spent months gathering legendary weapons that are now under par....anything for us? because the current situation is very unfair

Arenas I could care less about....they were always lackluster, making them co-op wont change that now (unless a horde mode was added, with unlimited or very high enemy numbers)

I had a million more things, but I hit the back button and lost it all....damn everything.

crasher
10-24-2013, 11:59 AM
I also want to add:

** How about adding the ability for individual bonus's's to light up as we add syn mods instead of all/nothing as it is now.

Since the devs don't seem to be able to make the 'view mod syn on weapon' viewer work, and it's possible that in spite of all the discussion about it being cosmetic it either is or isn't 'cosmetic'. It'd be useful to know whether 1, 2, or 3 of the mods already installed are correct syn or not. It'd be nice to know if we're throwing named mods onto a weapon with generic mods there already.

Considering the fact that the mods broke the 'installed syn' accounting and verification system, possibly making many of us lose *HUNDREDS* of named syn mods installed on weapons if those mods are indeed now without verifiable syn... I think that a lot of the people with time/effort in this game will tell you to pound sand if you do that to us now, too.

Find a way to show us the damned mods.
It's not trivial.
It is NOT trivial.

CRIXDA
10-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Wow!
There is a WHOLE LOT to chew on here!
I have a question, hopefully it isn't too difficult:
We can duel as individuals now.
Can we turn up the juice on that concept and "Clan V Clan" duel?
Just a notion.
How cool would that be, though. Naturally, both clans would agree and then duke it out. Set the number of combatants and scrap away.
Whaddayathink?
Sound cool?

maverick07
10-24-2013, 01:04 PM

The total ammo available will be the 'Ammo in Weapon + Ammo in Reserve = Total Available #'

Example using a Wolfhound with a +12 shot extended mag: Pistol ammo is supposed to be:
"Loaded Weapon + Reserve = Total Available". --> 24 + 250 = 274.
The bug will result in:
"Loaded Wolfhound (24) + Reserve (226) = Total Available (250)

Yes. This has been bugging me for so long, I remember saying something about it when the patch came out, but it was just ignored. I know that the pistol ammo cap and refilling at ammo caches got screwed up when they buffed ammo for pistols from 150 to 250. And ammo drops won't ever fill your reserves to max unless your Total ammo is under what should be the maximum for reserves.

Also wanted to mention another issue...

Since the first DLC came out, and charge blades were introduced, the Melee motion for everything got messed up for female characters only it seems. When you melee an enemy, it locks you in place, and you slide forward and can't move for a short period of time afterward. Makes meleeing with anything but a sword, and using perks to support this playstyle, less useful now. Intended or broken?

Male characters do not seem to have this issue. I admit that I only have a Human female (main) and Irath female (Alt) myself. But a good friend of mine who has a Human male and Casti female noticed the difference between the two and the male's melee motion is much quicker and doesn't lock you up like the female's. Again this only appears to be a post DLC one issue.

Oh yeah also. Pistol common mag bonus.

The new 1.02 Mag bonus for Pistols is basically useless for every pistol it can spawn on. The only way it might do anything is with Rolling Thunder, or mag bonus on mastery, and it might round up by 1 :D. Shouldn't it be something like +2 mag instead? It would fit with all the other Pistol mag bonuses or other mag mods for pistols, for example, +4 for a green bonus roll.

tD Showdown
10-24-2013, 01:11 PM
My question: When will they fix PvP..? Phase out glitches are getting stupid

chilipino
10-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Trick mentioned in the past that they are re-balancing weapons. Is that still going to happen or was he referring to the new stat roll system? The reason I ask is because Trick mentioned giving love to some weapons that were under-performing and specifically called out semi-auto sniper rifles, rocket launchers, and the FRC Magnum pistol. If the re-balancing is still happening, can we get a heads up as to what specifically is being looked at so can adjust what we keep vs. salvage? Thanks.

sigma659
10-24-2013, 04:25 PM
Since winter is approaching, will we see some winter themed items/ environments/ snow/ Canada?! Also will we see some more outfits from the show like a Black Jonah outfit ( I'm cosplaying as him for Halloween) or an E-Rep Ambassador/ Diplomat outfit?

Thanks!

Magickats242
10-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Has there been any thoughts on lowering the price on outfits in the Defiance store?
It's a shame that people spend real money for these outfits, only for a couple of people to see.

Bonehead
10-24-2013, 05:39 PM
What's up with all mod slots getting closed up on weapons @ lvl 1400?
I'll spend the salvage but why did you change that up?

crasher
10-24-2013, 06:33 PM
What's up with all mod slots getting closed up on weapons @ lvl 1400?
I'll spend the salvage but why did you change that up?
Not a change, you hit the threshold to start your way up again.

Bonehead
10-24-2013, 06:40 PM
Not a change, you hit the threshold to start your way up again.

Well crap.
I thought that wasn't untill 2500 or so.
Oooooooooo Kaaaaaaaaaayy.

InfamousBrad
10-24-2013, 09:16 PM
A while back, Trick mentioned that he had a team rebalancing all of the weapons.* Was Patch 1.05 the whole balance patch, or are there numerical tweaks to less-used weapons still on the table? If so, how is that going?

* Footnote: For simplicity's sake, I omit the fact that he admitted that the BMG will be handled separately, because of its complexity.

ShawnyBee
10-24-2013, 10:05 PM
I am super pumped about 'Spikes' and 'Stims'

Will, we see additions, or changes to perks and rolls to incorporate stims and spikes.

Sorry if its already been asked and/or answered.

piedlpiper
10-25-2013, 03:14 AM
What's being done with the suggestions?

Elastik Spastik
10-25-2013, 05:02 AM
I am super pumped about 'Spikes' and 'Stims'

Will, we see additions, or changes to perks and rolls to incorporate stims and spikes.

Sorry if its already been asked and/or answered.

I wish they weren't putting them in. It is content that is so not needed. I think its wasted content.

crasher
10-25-2013, 07:19 AM
I wish they weren't putting them in. It is content that is so not needed. I think its wasted content.
Same here.
Looks to be more gimmick than content.

Moogletime
10-25-2013, 07:30 AM

Agreed...

Stims and Spikes....last thing this game needs.

Im all for cool ideas and new stuff....but those seem boring, stale, old and useless.....

I would take ONE, yes ONE, new co-op map over these "game changing items"

Overtkill21
10-25-2013, 08:59 AM
Agreed...

Stims and Spikes....last thing this game needs.

Im all for cool ideas and new stuff....but those seem boring, stale, old and useless.....

This Spikes & Stims idea is right up there on the list: Stupid Crap This Game Did Not Need But We're Adding Instead of Actual Content; with the grenade mechanic change.

ShawnyBee
10-25-2013, 09:04 AM

I agree new co-op maps would be awesome, and story missions. Particularly bio-men based story, a good bio-men.

But when I do get to play through new content, I would very much enjoy, playing it with new game play elements.

Any new co-op or story content will most likely not differ to much from the current formula, so I welcome these.

Not to mention, they add something I felt was missing from an MMO style game, group buffs. It will make playing in a group more fun, as you can organize who takes what spikes.

Additional Question

Will spikes all be the same colour, as we have only seen white.

I feel different colours, would make quick identification during hectic gun fights easier.

kasaitenma
10-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Firstly, Trick, as creative director, i think you did a really good job with creating unique weapons.
three questions
1. does the volge Battle Rifle count for explosive kills? i have a friend that has a rifle with 25% speed boost on explosive kill which got me thinking about the shock trooper perk (chance for +30% of clip reloaded instantly on explosive kill)?
2. can you bring back plague sieges for Halloween?
3. can you change grenade recharge on kill to increased chance for grenade drop for x second on kill when the grenade changes come, and how will the consumable system work in pvp

WhiteF8ng
10-25-2013, 10:59 AM
Just shedding some light on some of the questions that were touched on in previous streams:

My questions:

When will arenas let you gain weapon exp?

And what`s the next patch going to be about?

1. Trick said he feels we should be gaining weapon xp in the arenas and they're looking into ways to make this happen.

2. See "Next development steps (http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=111)" section in the transcript.

4. What are their Ideas on perfecting the Salvage matrix? Will we be able to change attachments on our weapons w/o destroying all of the attachments?

They said players should be able to replace and remove single mods and are looking into it. So let's not confuse 'should' with 'will' and we should especially be persistent about getting this feature.

10.1 EGO powers BLUR and CLOAK can be stop stopped but pick up ammo but Decoy and Overcharged are not...... WHY!?!

When Greg (OverloadUT) is playing on the dev test server, he interacts with objects and I noticed the last time he played on it that he did not break Blur while interacting with a device. Hopefully this was intended and is coming soon!

Faction vendors are going to be changed to have rolls in line with everything else. This is just me being observant but, the vendor weapons have their own data strings so they aren't governed by the RNG like "dropped" weapons. When they do change the vendor items I'd expect this to be a global (pre-patch and post-patch) change.

I also want to add:

** How about adding the ability for individual bonus's's to light up as we add syn mods instead of all/nothing as it is now.

Since the devs don't seem to be able to make the 'view mod syn on weapon' viewer work, and it's possible that in spite of all the discussion about it being cosmetic it either is or isn't 'cosmetic'. It'd be useful to know whether 1, 2, or 3 of the mods already installed are correct syn or not. It'd be nice to know if we're throwing named mods onto a weapon with generic mods there already.

Considering the fact that the mods broke the 'installed syn' accounting and verification system, possibly making many of us lose *HUNDREDS* of named syn mods installed on weapons if those mods are indeed now without verifiable syn... I think that a lot of the people with time/effort in this game will tell you to pound sand if you do that to us now, too.

Find a way to show us the damned mods.
It's not trivial.
It is NOT trivial.

Once again that should word came up again. They said players should be able to see the advancement within the synergy and are working towards getting that for us. Also, a few streams back Trick said the synergy issue ended up NOT being just a cosmetic fix. And in some cases, these mods may be actually losing the synergy.

This a scary situation to say the least. Especially for players like you that use other weapons as mod storage.

1. does the volge Battle Rifle count for explosive kills? i have a friend that has a rifle with 25% speed boost on explosive kill which got me thinking about the shock trooper perk (chance for +30% of clip reloaded instantly on explosive kill)?

Why not just test it? You have the tools to do so...

Elastik Spastik
10-25-2013, 11:27 AM
What time is the livestream?

Shadow Andreas
10-25-2013, 11:39 AM
What time is the livestream?

Defiance is 2:30 PST

crasher
10-25-2013, 11:46 AM
( I think you added the PST notation after I started my post, so I got caught here trying to clarify. If I misread, sorry to step on your toes - Shadow.)

There's a 'Community Blog' link at the top of the page, it covers a multitude of details quicker for you than waiting for an answer.

Best of luck to you.

Elastik Spastik
10-25-2013, 11:50 AM

So if im correct in GMT it's 2230 hrs? I always get confused.

crasher
10-25-2013, 11:54 AM
So if im correct in GMT it's 2230 hrs? I always get confused.
World clock link in the blog link at top of page.

Shadow Andreas
10-25-2013, 11:56 AM
( I think you added the PST notation after I started my post, so I got caught here trying to clarify. If I misread, sorry to step on your toes - Shadow.)

There's a 'Community Blog' link at the top of the page, it covers a multitude of details quicker for you than waiting for an answer.

Best of luck to you.

The PST was there the whole time (I always put it because it's my time zone and I know there are people all over the world that read these posts).....no worries crasher.....I honestly am not easily offended and if I do miss something I don't mind others stepping in and fixing or correcting me. (I am human after all and prone to mistakes :) )

Elastik Spastik
10-25-2013, 12:00 PM
World clock link in the blog link at top of page.

Thanks thought I was giong a bit loopy for a bit. Until I realized "community blog" instead I was looking in the chat bit thinking someone posted it here. Having too many brain farts today.

Zugo
10-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Hmm, twitch live chat isn't connecting for me ATM.

CRIXDA
10-25-2013, 06:55 PM
I would like to thank everyone for submitting questions for the Livestream today!
Get ready for the re-emergence of the PLAGUE SEIGES on Wednesday and the Marathon gameday on next Saturday!
Also, no Livestream next Friday 11/1 but Livestream gaming all 25 hours!

GET INVOLVED, so Defiance can EVOLVE