PDA

View Full Version : So close, and any DLC news??

Moogletime
10-24-2013, 08:47 AM
I was SO CLOSE to putting the game in again yesterday to play with a buddy, but just couldn't do it....

What the hell should I do with all my useless legendarys now? My boy said new purples is where its at...

Should I just scrap all 50 of them? try and sell them? I dunno....I hate holding weapons I know are not the best they can be....

Question, is I have the following gun:

Assault Carbine - Radiation nano
Rolling thunder
x90 reload
x1.15 melee
x.10 fire rate
15% grenade
x75 recoil XP roll

Will this gun no longer be on par with new legendarys? or should I not worry?

This gun = why I played for so long, I pulled it myself, loved it, and was like "my gun"

Also, I think I need some more content before I play I think....is there ANY news on when the new DLC is coming? its sooooo needed....I would be on now if we had some more stuff goin on.

Im EGO 4700, everything done except my sniper stuff and a few other random stuff (all PvP done except shadow wars...)

Zugo
10-24-2013, 08:51 AM
I still use my old legendary weapon regularly. The damage increase from orange to purple is noticeable.

...and that is a great gun

Valentine
10-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Can I has your stuff? =ppp jk lol

bigguy
10-24-2013, 09:09 AM
that is a nice gun even still after patch dont get rid of it you can sell it if you wish and people still trade for and buy old oranges , and some of us are petitioning for an in game vendor where you can reroll your old weapons for some cost please visit and support these threads

Moogletime
10-24-2013, 09:16 AM
that is a nice gun even still after patch dont get rid of it you can sell it if you wish and people still trade for and buy old oranges , and some of us are petitioning for an in game vendor where you can reroll your old weapons for some cost please visit and support these threads

Link right now and im there, with constant bumping.......

Holy Bahamut3
10-24-2013, 09:20 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?137911-Hey-Trion-Wanna-Retain-Players-End-the-Kerfuffle-amp-Earn-Some-Scratch

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?138362-Weapon-Resets-for-the-Old-Dogs&p=1305632#post1305632

There are more, but these are two of the more recent.

Deunan
10-24-2013, 09:21 AM
An assault rifle with the old EGO bonus roll and good bonus rolls in general is still a good weapon IMO. You're only missing an uncommon white roll since the old EGO white bonus roll is the equivalent of the current blue roll.

I'm not sure about the value of your assault rifle because of the grenade bonus role. Is Trion still going forward with the changes in grenade mechanics? If so has it said anything about what will happen to the current grenade bonuses that are a based on grenades being sell-replenishing over time?

Bentu
10-24-2013, 10:52 AM
I was SO CLOSE to putting the game in again yesterday to play with a buddy, but just couldn't do it....

What the hell should I do with all my useless legendarys now? My boy said new purples is where its at...

Should I just scrap all 50 of them? try and sell them? I dunno....I hate holding weapons I know are not the best they can be....

Rolling thunder
x90 reload
x1.15 melee
x.10 fire rate
15% grenade
x75 recoil XP roll

This gun = why I played for so long, I pulled it myself, loved it, and was like "my gun"

Also, I think I need some more content before I play I think....is there ANY news on when the new DLC is coming? its sooooo needed....I would be on now if we had some more stuff goin on.

Im EGO 4700, everything done except my sniper stuff and a few other random stuff (all PvP done except shadow wars...)

If you are on xbox I'll take all or some of them off your hands. I've had terrible luck getting some.

Zugo
10-24-2013, 11:09 AM
If you are on xbox I'll take all or some of them off your hands. I've had terrible luck getting some.

You have my very first orange sniper. I call her CrackerJack because of the sound it makes.

N3gativeCr33p
10-24-2013, 12:10 PM
You have my very first orange sniper. I call her CrackerJack because of the sound it makes.

It's going to take a lot for me to get rid of my first OJ bolt action sniper rifle... that thing pops heads as efficiently as teenagers pop their zits.

Zugo
10-24-2013, 12:15 PM
It's going to take a lot for me to get rid of my first OJ bolt action sniper rifle... that thing pops heads as efficiently as teenagers pop their zits.

I gave it a second or third thought, but I figure the Great and powerful RNG would grant me favor for being a nice guy. It was the only orange I had that was at his EGO level.

N3gativeCr33p
10-24-2013, 01:17 PM
I gave it a second or third thought, but I figure the Great and powerful RNG would grant me favor for being a nice guy. It was the only orange I had that was at his EGO level.

Yeah, I got my OJ weapon just after I crossed the 1000 EGO mark. It still has sentimental value to me. LOL

Chevota
10-24-2013, 01:31 PM

Rolling thunder
x90 reload
x1.15 melee
x.10 fire rate
15% grenade
x75 recoil XP roll

Its tough showing exactly what a NEW FRC AC would be if it were exactly the same, but i think i can give you a peek...

Your gun will be missing out on 1 of these stats:
0.95 Reload, -0.10 Accuracy, 1.05 Mag.

And x1.15 Melee would be replaced, i think by one of these:
-0.30 Accuracy, -0.10 Recoil, 1.15 Crit Multi, 1.10 Mag, 0.90 Reload, 1.03 Fire Rate

Until Grenade bonuses are removed/changed, you'd still have that roll, regardless.

So NO... your gun is NOT USELESS. It is still extremely potent. You MIGHT be able to find a new Purple that is better, but it'd damn near the best it can be at that point... When Grenades are changed, that Grenade roll will change, leaving the only real problem with your Assault Carbine as the Melee roll...

Its still a great gun because of the Rarity Damage increase.

Bentu
10-24-2013, 03:10 PM

Yes I know and it was very much appreciated. :)

Milkandcookies
10-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Sell it for a average-high price then get oranges for a lower price that you KNOW that you can sell in 1day-1.2weeks. If you keep doing this you should have an average 8-15mil in a matter of 2 months. Make sure your getting lockboxes yourself, so you can get more oranges to sell/keep. I don't know for sure how much people still play the game that'll sell you oranges for a cheap price nowadays. Before September was over, there was still a few new people that was willing to sell oranges for a cheap price, but not sure anymore since I don't play very often anymore, which might lead to my strategy for earning money being totally useless now.

Or keep it because it's actually a pretty good weapon you have there.

By the way Chevota, how do you know that grenade rolls will change? To me it looks like Trion has WAY too much to handle at the time to do that. Until Trion has time to fix the Cerberus ghost glitch, the chances of Trion changing the roll is very slim, but still possible.

Moogletime
10-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Awesome, thanks for all the info/help guys.

Made me want a new gun anyway tho lol. sigh, time for the grind again maybe, if I can muster the desire to play again.

Zugo
10-25-2013, 08:33 AM
Awesome, thanks for all the info/help guys.

Made me want a new gun anyway tho lol. sigh, time for the grind again maybe, if I can muster the desire to play again.

I hate to put this down in text because I fear how it would be interpreted by the dev team...but

I have had a lot better luck with my Tier4 boxes. I'm not saying oranges all day, but I do see way more purples than before.

Chevota
10-25-2013, 09:01 AM
ive swapped back to T3's... Ive been getting more purples there then T4's.

Granted its 9:4 comparison on keys, but even on the Livestream, Overload bought like, 10 T4's, got 5 purples lol.

Kibblehouse
10-25-2013, 09:52 AM
One thing thats bothered me since they made these changes, all they guys talking about "scrapping their obsolete legendaries" really???

The "formerly excellent" Legendary in your hands will ALWAYS be better than the hypothetical legendary with the new rolls you don't actually have yet. As alawys, that weapon will be the best you have... untill you find something better.

That is the end of my rant, continue with your day.

N3gativeCr33p
10-25-2013, 10:21 AM
ive swapped back to T3's... Ive been getting more purples there then T4's.

Good to know, I'll most likely never waste any time with T4 boxes. Last week's live stream was enough for me to see almost zero value to the T4 boxes.

ColeJones
10-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Yeah, I got my OJ weapon just after I crossed the 1000 EGO mark. It still has sentimental value to me. LOL

I got my first at 452, Sold it for 15 grand not 6 minuites later. Some sucker bought a ****e roll low stat weapon for 3x it's card value.

Atticus Batman
10-25-2013, 02:15 PM
I got my first at 452, Sold it for 15 grand not 6 minuites later. Some sucker bought a ****e roll low stat weapon for 3x it's card value.

If you are on Xbox, then he was no sucker just a better entrepeneur. He turned around and sold it for atleast 60k. All oranges go for over 40k-50k on 360. But I am glad you are happy with the sale.