PDA

View Full Version : New players tips.

Killuquick
10-25-2013, 06:17 AM
Post them here.

Ok mine, if you die at a seige extract once you have used your self revive. Its quicker than waiting for someone to raise you and they will more than likely die trying to raise you. When you extract in sieges you will be near a ammo crate in siege area so reload, your ego power will be fully restored and you will also be close to the action again.

Chevota
10-25-2013, 06:22 AM
Ground Pounders are your friend vs Hellbug Warriors + Monarchs... Pretty much anything else can be dispatched via Assault Rifles.

Dont bother with Time Trials until lvl 20 Runners. Its the easiest way to grab Gold in every trial without having to replay and be perfect on every one of them.

When healing at an Arkfall for Full-Reward, you only have to heal 1-2 people to full health. You DONT HAVE TO CONSTANTLY HEAL EVERYONE, its annoying.

Dont use the Charge Blade exploit... It makes you look like a total tool.

Its SCRIP, not script. There is no writing of a characters line going on here.

Deunan
10-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Arkfall Etiquette 101

1. At Arkfalls, when the Ark Crystal is red the ultimate goal is to destroy the Arkfall. Listen to your EGO AI. She'll drop hints as to the fastest way to accomplish that (which does NOT entail running around like an idiot spam firing a Ground Pounder detonator wiping out all the small Hellbug Skitterlings at a Hellbug Arkfall before they can make weak spots on the Ark Crystal, or wiping out all the Scrapper Mongrels the same way at Scrapper Arkfalls before they can connect to the Arkfall Crystal). If the Arkfall Crystal is blue the object is to defeat each wave of mobs that comes so don't waste your ammo trying to destroy it.

2. At Dark Matter Arkfalls don't activate any EGO spike panels unless there are actual Dark Matter enemies around to kill, and don't activate them when there are Dark Matter enemies standing by them (they'll get the damage and speed boosts as well). At Major Dark Matter Arkfalls don't activate them until the Dark Matter Monolith Boss lands from the sky. You don't need them for the few Dark Matter Troopers that drop from ships between Monolith landings. The damage and speed boost is totally unnecessary to kill them off since they'll be zerg killed by swarms of player characters at the Arkfall.

3. Try not to train in a bunch of mobs when running/driving to a minor Arkfall. The other players there may or may not be able to handle the additional hostiles (sometimes there may only be a single player soloing the Arkfall) but it's griefing whether it's intentional or not. Pay attention to your radar and if you have a swarm of red dots following you try making a minor detour to shake them off and then circle back to the Arkfall (or just stop and kill them all before proceeding to the Arkfall).

Lillith Valerian
10-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Arkfall Etiquette 101

1. At Arkfalls, when the Ark Crystal is red the ultimate goal is to destroy the Arkfall. Listen to your EGO AI. She'll drop hints as to the fastest way to accomplish that (which does NOT entail running around like an idiot spam firing a Ground Pounder detonator wiping out all the small Hellbug Skitterlings at a Hellbug Arkfall before they can make weak spots on the Ark Crystal, or wiping out all the Scrapper Mongrels the same way at Scrapper Arkfalls before they can connect to the Arkfall Crystal). If the Arkfall Crystal is blue the object is to defeat each wave of mobs that comes so don't waste your ammo trying to destroy it.

2. At Dark Matter Arkfalls don't activate any EGO spike panels unless there are actual Dark Matter enemies around to kill, and don't activate them when there are Dark Matter enemies standing by them (they'll get the damage and speed boosts as well). At Major Dark Matter Arkfalls don't activate them until the Dark Matter Monolith Boss lands from the sky. You don't need them for the few Dark Matter Troopers that drop from ships between Monolith landings. The damage and speed boost is totally unnecessary to kill them off since they'll be zerg killed by swarms of player characters at the Arkfall.

3. Try not to train in a bunch of mobs when running/driving to a minor Arkfall. The other players there may or may not be able to handle the additional hostiles (sometimes there may only be a single player soloing the Arkfall) but it's griefing whether it's intentional or not. Pay attention to your radar and if you have a swarm of red dots following you try making a minor detour to shake them off and then circle back to the Arkfall (or just stop and kill them all before proceeding to the Arkfall).

The skitterlings don't chew weak spots anymore. The weak spots show up regardless. They changed it with a patch due to the common complaint of new players killing them. It's in the patch notes if you scroll back far enough.

Good luck getting people to leave the charge stations alone so that it doesn't take forever to kill the Monolith. We can always dream, I guess.

Atticus Batman
10-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Use what works best for you and don't fall into this Dps versus Health crap. If you prefer to snipe from the edge of a seige/arfall do so. If you prefer healing, go for it. If you want to go Rambo or Chuck Norris on their *****, by all means, feel free.

Atticus Batman
10-25-2013, 02:48 PM
The skitterlings don't chew weak spots anymore. The weak spots show up regardless. They changed it with a patch due to the common complaint of new players killing them. It's in the patch notes if you scroll back far enough.

Good luck getting people to leave the charge stations alone so that it doesn't take forever to kill the Monolith. We can always dream, I guess.

They changed it back in June or July for those newer people who don't realize that, since the ego still jibberjabbers about skitterlings and weakspots.

vizibledog
10-25-2013, 03:02 PM
My tip....

Enjoy the game. Do what you wanna do. Play it your way. Have fun, its only a game.

Milkandcookies
10-25-2013, 03:10 PM
1. Use whatever weapons you feel good with and join pvp world.

2. Buy items for cheap and sell them for the average-high to gain scrip fast in 2 months (10+mil scrip)

3. Having the ego perk regeneration will actually increase your hp regen. faster than what it says (I think it says 3% per second max, but when I tested it out, it looks more like 8% hp per sec.

4. Use a mass cannon for your runner up if you don't like ground pounders because mass cannons are actually very strong if you don't use it like everyone else and aim very high towards the sky. Your suppose to aim it as close above the enemy as possible not very high up or else only a max of 2-3 rockets will hit the target. Follow the tip for the mass cannon and you will eventually hit a skittering with all four shots. Sure a swarm cannon has more damage, BUT you got to understand that 95% of the time, you won't get all 5 shots using a swarm cannon because of the small radius the rockets have.

5. Go to a clan as quick as you can so you can make connections with other people throughout this game (have many friends as well for trades and such).

6. Watch out for those people that sell bundles to you. It might sound good that you are getting lots of oranges with a certain amount, but check to see what the oranges are and how much they are before giving the scrip.

7. If your merching, buying things for a cheap price then selling them for the right price, make sure you know that you can sell the item fast like around 2days-2weeks. Don't want to get your hands on cheap oranges that no one will ever need.

8. If you only want to get keycodes, use the blade exploit glitch to kill the arkfalls faster. This is by far the fastest way to get keycodes so far. If the arkfall is not breakable, then damage a few enemies and heal 1 or 2 people then leave to a breakable arkfall. If there's no arkfall you haven't gotten to yet nor is breakable, then I suggest you do something to past the time.

9. The world is actually a cube. While the game was laggy, I was able to swim to the edge of the map without drowning and what I found there is that whatever land you see in the world map that cant be accessible, like the black areas on the edges of the world map, there's nothing there until you hit a wall and what looks to be the world being a cube. I even saw the other faces of the cube which proves this game to be on a cube face. Of course, once the game wasn't lagging anymore, I had to respawn over 100+ times for the amount of time I spent in the water.

10. Hulkers and Scapper Forges are the key to getting your weapon xp fast.

11. Don't worry about dying. It's only a max of 180 scrip that you'll lose.

12. Have a great time in Defiance

Maixx
10-25-2013, 03:26 PM
Don't be the jack***** having a drawn out conversation in Zone chat, your just spamming everyone, if your talking to an individual use the /whisper function.

Bonehead
10-25-2013, 03:27 PM
My tip....

Enjoy the game. Do what you wanna do. Play it your way. Have fun, its only a game.

^^This.It's an open world mmo shooter baby! Surf the chaos!^^

Deunan
10-25-2013, 03:42 PM
The skitterlings don't chew weak spots anymore. The weak spots show up regardless. They changed it with a patch due to the common complaint of new players killing them. It's in the patch notes if you scroll back far enough.The patch added in self spawning weak spots. The Skitterlings still create additional weak spots. The frequency of self spawning weak spots is much less than if you allow several Skitterlings to feed on the Ark Crystal. If you allow two or three of them to gnaw away the spawn rate for weak spots is literally 2 to 3 times faster. Killing them all with a Ground Pounder only slows down completing the Arkfall significantly.

We have changed the Hellbug Destroy Arkfalls to spawn weak spots without the need of the Skitterlings. Allowing the Skitterlings to feed on the crystal will make the weak spots spawn faster.

WhiteF8ng
10-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Don't be the jack***** having a drawn out conversation in Zone chat, your just spamming everyone, if your talking to an individual use the /whisper function.

So much this...

So many muted people...

Maixx
10-25-2013, 03:47 PM
The patch added in self spawning weak spots. The Skitterlings still create additional weak spots. The frequency of self spawning weak spots is much less than if you allow several Skitterlings to feed on the Ark Crystal. If you allow two or three of them to gnaw away the spawn rate for weak spots is literally 2 to 3 times faster. Killing them all with a Ground Pounder only slows down completing the Arkfall significantly.
This battle has been fought since day 1, this is not going to change......

Deunan
10-25-2013, 03:50 PM
So much this...

So many muted people...I can't really say chat spam is bothersome to me currently given how dysfunctional and useless the chat system is right now. I suppose it's still better not to develop the bad habit for when/if they fix it to make it workable though.

I also read that the whisper function doesn't always work but maybe that's outdated information and it's been fixed.

Lillith Valerian
10-25-2013, 03:53 PM
The patch added in self spawning weak spots. The Skitterlings still create additional weak spots. The frequency of self spawning weak spots is much less than if you allow several Skitterlings to feed on the Ark Crystal. If you allow two or three of them to gnaw away the spawn rate for weak spots is literally 2 to 3 times faster. Killing them all with a Ground Pounder only slows down completing the Arkfall significantly.

I stopped caring about it. If you stop caring, the stress magically disappears.

There are still other irritants I haven't let go of yet, though. Call it an artistic work of apathy in progress.

Deunan
10-25-2013, 03:55 PM
This battle has been fought since day 1, this is not going to change......One can only let players make an informed decision. If they want to be self-absorbed @$$hats that's always their prerogative but at least they'll know why they might be upsetting other players.

gulc
10-25-2013, 04:09 PM
least they'll know why they might be upsetting other players.

They wont. They are not reading forums, after all.

WhiteF8ng
10-25-2013, 04:29 PM
I can't really say chat spam is bothersome to me currently given how dysfunctional and useless the chat system is right now. I suppose it's still better not to develop the bad habit for when/if they fix it to make it workable though.

I also read that the whisper function doesn't always work but maybe that's outdated information and it's been fixed.

I have never had it fail me...ever... In fact with the last chat change it gives you the option to whisper whoever's active in a chat channel so you don't have to type "/whisper" or anything...