PDA

View Full Version : Grenadier synergy got changed

Valentine
10-26-2013, 02:55 PM
to +5% and +10% damage on grenades after a kill. Same with the purple bonus.

I just got a ton of guns from playing today and noticed this. Thoughts?

Personally, I'm fine with it, I just wish they didn't change grenades to having an ammo thing soon =C

jay ellis
10-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Knew this was coming sooner or later. This sux. Why would you want nade dmg AFTER a kill. It should be extra wep dmg after a nade. Throw a nade, it doesn't kill the thing you threw it at, finish it with your gun. Now its, kill something then throw a nade at a dead guy, extra dmg on the dead guy. Sweet. Should've left it alone and changed the perk that refreshes nades if it was too op. Ruining more awesome guns, nice job.

Edit. Also looking forward to hearing from overt on this one. LOL

Nilxain
10-26-2013, 03:02 PM
My purple bonuses have changed too; 15% damage on next nade after a kill (10sec)

Lillith Valerian
10-26-2013, 03:13 PM
Knew this was coming sooner or later. This sux. Why would you want nade dmg AFTER a kill. It should be extra wep dmg after a nade. Throw a nade, it doesn't kill the thing you threw it at, finish it with your gun. Now its, kill something then throw a nade at a dead guy, extra dmg on the dead guy. Sweet. Should've left it alone and changed the perk that refreshes nades if it was too op. Ruining more awesome guns, nice job.

This. Maybe if enough attention is pointed to it, they'll change it to your suggestion.

alienstookmybeer
10-26-2013, 03:17 PM
It's pretty useless for those of us using bio grenades too.

jay ellis
10-26-2013, 03:18 PM
This will get plenty of attention. Doubt it will matter. I'm guessing this post explodes in about in an hour.
Btw, they kinda snuck this one in, huh? Or maybe I missed this in the patch notes.

Nilxain
10-26-2013, 04:01 PM

What about: "Grenades do 5/10% more damage to targets below 50% HP." or something to that effect would be better also.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
10-26-2013, 04:03 PM
out of curiousity, what did the shields change to? is it nade damage on shield break now? did any of the grenade refresh perks change?

WhiteF8ng
10-26-2013, 04:03 PM
This change is just fine. that's what I'd assumed it would get changed to. Valentine could you check to see if they got around to changing the perks as well?

Nilxain
10-26-2013, 04:04 PM
out of curiousity, what did the shields change to? is it nade damage on shield break now? did any of the grenade refresh perks change?

my shield still says refresh on break.

alienstookmybeer
10-26-2013, 04:07 PM
IIRC, Mad Bomber had the grenade refresh and doesn't anymore.

Nilxain
10-26-2013, 04:07 PM
This change is just fine. that's what I'd assumed it would get changed to. Valentine could you check to see if they got around to changing the perks as well?

IDK man, after a kill is kind of silly IMO. Ideally you want to throw nades against as many targets as possible, so why would the bonuese/synergys give you bonuses for after your targets are dead? This isn't completely useless, but since they are looking at it, they may want to make something better.

Overtkill21
10-26-2013, 04:14 PM
This...I...but...logic...

Screw it.

Bonehead
10-26-2013, 04:40 PM

Screw it.

^^Took the words right out of my mouth.^^

rebtattoo
10-26-2013, 04:46 PM

Screw it.Didn't we pretty much predict this the other night?

WhiteF8ng
10-26-2013, 04:57 PM
IDK man, after a kill is kind of silly IMO. Ideally you want to throw nades against as many targets as possible, so why would the bonuese/synergys give you bonuses for after your targets are dead? This isn't completely useless, but since they are looking at it, they may want to make something better.

But we'll also be able to throw a nade every 3 secs. Even in the worst in-game situations I'll probably kill at least one enemy before tossing one. Not really many options they had when you look at the incoming stims and spikes. Although I was hoping that they'd change it to EGO on explosive kill but that was entirely wishful thinking...

Overtkill21
10-26-2013, 05:07 PM
Didn't we pretty much predict this the other night?

Yep, just was hoping for better. :( Grenade Capacity would've been cool.

Nilxain
10-26-2013, 05:08 PM
But we'll also be able to throw a nade every 3 secs. Even in the worst in-game situations I'll probably kill at least one enemy before tossing one. Not really many options they had when you look at the incoming stims and spikes. Although I was hoping that they'd change it to EGO on explosive kill but that was entirely wishful thinking...

Doesn't really matter how often you can throw them if your targets have to be dead before you can benefit from the synergy. They have several better options, some of which players have listed here in the short time this thread has been open. I think they just got caught over extending a current bonus type which was already over extended as it is... example: 8% damage on your next shot after a kill (10sec) on an SMG/LMG/AR.

EGO would have also been a better idea.

Nefarious
10-26-2013, 05:09 PM
It was bound to happen. With grenade recharge on kill with Explosive Weapons stacked with Mad Bomber was insane on top of the other perks that benefit explosives.

I would go to that Hellbug spawn area by Bug n Chug, round them all up and then turn around destroy them all within 3 seconds like a gaze of death. Just a fire wall of explosions.

It probably has to do with the up coming grenade change. Might not make sense now but with other changes coming along I assume it will.

Not bad if you shoot and kill someone with a gun with Grenader Synergy then the grenade you throw is 15% Stronger? I rather have that on my grenade when I throw it then have it charge faster.

crasher
10-26-2013, 05:17 PM
IIRC, Mad Bomber had the grenade refresh and doesn't anymore.

"On an explosive kill, recharge your grenade and instantly reload part of your weapons clip."

Is what DefianceData says.

Same source:
Grenadier:

[1]: -10% Recoil
[2]: -20% Recoil
[3]: +5% Grenade Refresh on kill
[4]: +10% Grenade Refresh on kill

Chevota
10-26-2013, 05:41 PM
GUYS.... DLC 2!... big announcement Monday, Grenade changes the Saturday before....

Think about it. Im not saying its coming Monday, but clearly the changes are in-game for it.

Arsenic_Touch
10-26-2013, 05:58 PM
So they screwed up the perk and slipped in the synergy change without announcing it. Oh gee, more ninja changes. Not that I'm surprised at all.

So much for changing the way their patch notes work. Keep up the great work... oops.

jay ellis
10-26-2013, 06:28 PM
After thinking about this while I can't play the game because the patch that broke grenadier also broke the PS3 servers, I have decided not to pass judgement until the patch that breaks grenades is released. Maybe after the new grenade system is in place this will be ok.

WhiteF8ng
10-26-2013, 06:41 PM
Doesn't really matter how often you can throw them if your targets have to be dead before you can benefit from the synergy. They have several better options, some of which players have listed here in the short time this thread has been open. I think they just got caught over extending a current bonus type which was already over extended as it is... example: 8% damage on your next shot after a kill (10sec) on an SMG/LMG/AR.

EGO would have also been a better idea.

That argument could be said for every kill bonus. I think this bonus is actually better than the last. There's so many more situations where I'll use the extra damage instead of the refresh. Tbh, the only time I ever used the nade refresh was is arenas. And anything I have with "double" grenadier just got better... Now enemies that would have that sliver of life after that frag will die. I'm not completely satisfied with it but it damn sure is better than before...

It was bound to happen. With grenade recharge on kill with Explosive Weapons stacked with Mad Bomber was insane on top of the other perks that benefit explosives.

I would go to that Hellbug spawn area by Bug n Chug, round them all up and then turn around destroy them all within 3 seconds like a gaze of death. Just a fire wall of explosions.

It probably has to do with the up coming grenade change. Might not make sense now but with other changes coming along I assume it will.

Not bad if you shoot and kill someone with a gun with Grenader Synergy then the grenade you throw is 15% Stronger? I rather have that on my grenade when I throw it then have it charge faster.

Exactly...

So they screwed up the perk and slipped in the synergy change without announcing it. Oh gee, more ninja changes. Not that I'm surprised at all.

So much for changing the way their patch notes work. Keep up the great work... oops.

I wasn't gonna say anything until Dahanese got back but yep, I was thinking the same thing. We were told patches wouldn't be vague anymore and we wouldn't have to play the guessing game but here we are again. I just don't get why they don't put everything in there. It would actually make them look better when all that is compiled into a list of patch notes. I'm at a loss...

Just so I'm reading this right; What exactly does Mad Bomber say now?

Nilxain
10-26-2013, 07:03 PM
That argument could be said for every kill bonus.

Exactly my point - though not "every", because some of the kill bonuses/synergies function different. Example: extend EGO on kill - make sense because you are likely single targeting with your weapon; refresh EGO on kill - makes sense because there is no CD that you have to use it within (and if you are killing a bunch of little things you can bring your EGO back up super fast to get at the big one); but grenade after kill doesn't make sense, because by nature grenades are multi-target weapons, so a "grenadier" anything should be made enhance that instead of making you wait until stuff is dead already... Can it be used? yes, could they easily do better? yes.

This is an over extended bonus/synergy type. There are only a few guns were this (kill to gain a singly hit damage effect) is a good synergy for the weapon's function and play style (IE: these make good sense on a sniper rifle). Like I said before: "This isn't completely useless, but since they are looking at it, they may want to make something better." If this wasn't a synergy that they are currently working on, then I would certainly say "...bigger fish..." But they opened this can of worms when they decided to change grenades, the least they can do is not do it half ***.

alienstookmybeer
10-26-2013, 07:05 PM
Just so I'm reading this right; What exactly does Mad Bomber say now?

On an explosive kill immediately reload part of your weapon's clip.

The first level of the perk is for 5%

Chevota
10-26-2013, 09:30 PM
Mad Bomber still has the 30% Grenade Recharge... as of 4-5 hours ago.

I had noticed the wording changed, + clanmate mentioned a new gun had 15% dmg to next grenade after kill....

Youll need to check yourself, but Like Plagues, Although the changes are in-game, they arent active quite yet i dont think.

Arsenic_Touch
10-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Mad Bomber still has the 30% Grenade Recharge... as of 4-5 hours ago.

I had noticed the wording changed, + clanmate mentioned a new gun had 15% dmg to next grenade after kill....

Youll need to check yourself, but Like Plagues, Although the changes are in-game, they arent active quite yet i dont think.

The mad bomber perk does not have the recharge.

http://i.imgur.com/mxgyaKB.jpg

kendillin
10-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Just picked up an Ironclad grenadier shield.
Still has + grenade recharge.
Apparently nothing's set in stone yet.