PDA

View Full Version : Level 4 Scavenger Sniper mods? Really?

Lillith Valerian
10-26-2013, 05:27 PM
Really? Seriously? Is this deliberate trolling by developers?

Come on, Trion....

Arsenic_Touch
10-26-2013, 05:29 PM
Did they actually add the purple mods for scavenger sniper rifles?

kendillin
10-26-2013, 05:32 PM
Why the hell wouldn't there be new scavenger sniper mods. Actually makes perfect sense to me.
Where have y'all been?

Bonehead
10-26-2013, 05:33 PM

Lets see...
nope not april first...

Lillith Valerian
10-26-2013, 05:38 PM

Yes. Yes they did. Hence my post.

WhiteF8ng
10-26-2013, 05:38 PM

It's not that they added them, more like they didn't take them out...

jerdan
11-03-2013, 03:21 PM
I am confused here...were they supposed to be removed from the game, cause I just purchased an SMG with scavenger from the soleptor enterprise and was told after asking to see if anyone had another one or type available, they did not exist. WTH? So, of course I am wondering how they can not exist yet I own one. What's going on here?

3rdpig
11-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Because Sniper rifles with the Scavenger synergy don't exist.

Nathan Foxbane
11-03-2013, 03:32 PM
I am confused here...were they supposed to be removed from the game, cause I just purchased an SMG with scavenger from the soleptor enterprise and was told after asking to see if anyone had another one or type available, they did not exist. WTH? So, of course I am wondering how they can not exist yet I own one. What's going on here?

The thing here is that Sniper Rifles with the scavenger synergy do not exist in game. So the scavenger mods for sniper rifles are worthless synergy wise. Think of them as mods without a matching weapon.

Bentu
11-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Maybe the Scavenger will come out with the dlc?

kendillin
11-03-2013, 05:03 PM

I thought that before the last DLC. Back when I was carrying around a full set.

We'll all know if they get put in the game. The mods won't be specials anymore.

Zugo
11-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Really? Seriously? Is this deliberate trolling by developers?

Come on, Trion....

HaHa! (points finger)

These mods are the first I use in epic weapons. I don't feel bad throwing them into purple guns where as the "good" mods are sitting there waiting for guns I don't own yet. Will my "good" mods ever find a weapon/home? Maybe never, but the mods like the one you just got sure do.

Arsenic_Touch
11-04-2013, 08:51 AM

Right... because they haven't even acknowledged that it's missing and when prompted about it, they said it was in game and nothing was out of the ordinary.

Nilxain
11-04-2013, 09:04 AM
Right... because they haven't even acknowledged that it's missing and when prompted about it, they said it was in game and nothing was out of the ordinary.

That's what they said about the Volge LMG. What they (Trick) said for the scavenger sniper was that they have yet to determine if the rifle is in the game and for some reason not dropping, or if it is just not in the game. Which, in my opinion, is worse - considering the length of time they have known about this. Given the already insane odds (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?136343-The-Probability-of-Getting-Your-Dream-Weapon) in their loot system; any extra "fat" (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?136340-Why-Do-We-Have-Blue-Mods-with-no-Synergies) in the mod system is really making the problem worse.

crasher
11-04-2013, 10:20 AM
I'm less optimistic than you are: (Flash! Water is wet!)
I'm expecting the DLC to be more bug fixes and a chat interface from 1998 era IRC, augmented with new game-breaking content consisting of 75% stuff nobody asked for and 25% the inside of a hull fragment that we've wanted since about 6 minutes after the first A-fall occurred.

Whippersnapper
11-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Now I'm confused.
Where there ever scavenger sniper rifles?
If so, are they still ingame or where they deleted?

Arsenic_Touch
11-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Now I'm confused.
Where there ever scavenger sniper rifles?
If so, are they still ingame or where they deleted?

When the game first came out, scavenger sniper mods were one of the only synergies you could actually find outside of brutal and yes sniper rifles spawned with scavenger synergy. Then out of no where, all the guns that currently existed in game switched to a different synergy (prepared I think it was) and never dropped again. I couldn't tell you what update screwed them up, but I know that the one time Trion actually said anything about it, they said that nothing was out of the ordinary.... and we know how that goes.

Whippersnapper
11-04-2013, 10:36 AM
aww crap. I have a blue scavenger sniper mod in my inventory :(

Is there a scavenger weapon vendor out there? If so, which? Id like to try out one of them weapons on a loot perk based loadout.

crasher
11-04-2013, 10:43 AM
aww crap. I have a blue scavenger sniper mod in my inventory :(

Is there a scavenger weapon vendor out there? If so, which? Id like to try out one of them weapons on a loot perk based loadout.

Some of us have many scavenger sniper mods, because we get/got them faster than we could use them on generic weapons. I know I got some on purpose waiting for the weapon, then I got them from mod horde boxes and lottery boxes.

Soleptor is the one that sells scav weapons... TNTW and VBI/EgoPrecision are almost as bad at mods with no weapons.

Takao
11-04-2013, 12:20 PM
I have 9 lovely purple mods for snipers that are all luckily scavenger

Lillith Valerian
11-04-2013, 02:40 PM
It's particularly irritating for me because snipers are my most fav fuzzy-love weapons. As a result, I'm always looking for sniper mods, and it seems that I'm *constantly* running into Scav mods for them. Every time that happens is another wasted opportunity when something you can actually use could have spawned.

Take them out or add Scavenger snipers back into the game. Can't they spare a few minutes from developing, playing, and fawning over RIFTS to do it? And while they're at it, fix the disappearing sniper ammo?

I'm so fussy I could plotz.