PDA

View Full Version : honest opinon on the state of play

sly wolf
10-27-2013, 08:42 AM
Hi all im from the uk BUT work for a usa based company and love the states and infact going back for work reasons in december so sorry that the money terms are in uk pounds not dollars but the shop i quote is both in the states and the uk so you can check my points if you wish.

I bought defiance when it 1st came out lost interest and traded it in at cex for 18 bought tomb traider and was happy then a few months after i decided to buy this again and it cost me 13 AGAIN decided not enough had been done with the game traded it in got 7 and put it towards gta 5 which is so arwsome and the online is great now and reading the news letter they have so much planned for it, I was in cex today buying diablo and saw defiance is now 5 so i have bought it for the 3rd time hoping that it can only go up from here on in but as it is battling with gta 5 for my time im very interested to see the out come.

Worldviewsinc
10-27-2013, 01:45 PM
Things really haven't changed much wolf.

We've had the first DLC which was a good addition, if a little short but the game still suffers from the same old issues, lack of new content, disconnection issues with lots of promises of 'we're working on it' or 'soon' which never seem to come to fruition.

You'll find some changes to weapons which you may or may not like but apart from that, not much else has changed here.

I'm truly hoping for good things over the next few months but I'm not holding my breath...

Good luck in the USA, I hope things go well for you.

sly wolf
10-28-2013, 11:50 AM
@sinc cheers mate hope it goes well too in the states, on the topic of the game I also think the next few months are make and break but also I believe a strong 2nd series of the show is needed as well,I had a little play yesterday and I'm surprise how little they have done with this game

Spinesnap
10-28-2013, 12:34 PM
@sinc cheers mate hope it goes well too in the states, on the topic of the game I also think the next few months are make and break but also I believe a strong 2nd series of the show is needed as well,I had a little play yesterday and I'm surprise how little they have done with this game

They actually did alot, they completely redesigned how weapons work.

hardy83
10-28-2013, 12:41 PM
I think the state of the game stated a lot. They laid out the direction their going.
They've already done the weapons, they still have shields, social, UI and inventory, some of those have been confirmed to be dealt with in the next patches and/or DLC2.

I also think the first DLC was a good addition, but they really need to add more story quests, and DLC1 was hindered a bit due to the lack of co-op for arenas, which would've made them a ton more replayable.

WolvesThirteen
10-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I came back from a long hiatus. A long patch later, I still see some old issues that made me stop playing in the first place. I guess the lag and bugs are part of the game and you can't really avoid it. Especially when so many people having different types of connections. What they should have done is create worlds or servers based on regions. Instead of having one world for everyone to pile in.

Beck
10-28-2013, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I came back from a long hiatus. A long patch later, I still see some old issues that made me stop playing in the first place. I guess the lag and bugs are part of the game and you can't really avoid it. Especially when so many people having different types of connections. What they should have done is create worlds or servers based on regions. Instead of having one world for everyone to pile in.

They already do that in a sense. The issues is they are not able to make each separate. All 3 platforms must run the same version of the game, with minor exceptions that make the 3 platforms unique from each other, but the PC for example can't have a U.I. feature that the others do not.

DLC 1 for all of it's content was more patch than content. DLC2 looks like it has some actual content to it, but still no fleshing out of the game, just more of what I think was intended for launch. Basically the time line in the game has been frozen since the defeat of Nim, there has been no advancement of story and related content. We are just getting this week the return of OLD content being presented as new. A gift, well more like a re-gift. But we will take what we can get and Defiance will leave it up to the Clans and K-TAM to make actual content out of it.

Good news though rumor has it that DLC3 will be the first content to forward progress the story. In what way is yet to be seen. Will it be a Defiance TV themed story progression? Something to tell us what is happening in the TV world between seasons or will it be Defiance the game progression?

Wait and see.

sly wolf
10-29-2013, 01:06 AM
@beck: i hope your right because i do like this game and it could be really good but 7 months after it came out theres still loads to do and the price is almost "giveaway" which means no one wants it i just hope they can turn it around and the next few dlc's are something that turns peoples heads