PDA

View Full Version : DLC2 "Arkbreaker" is coming in December

OverloadUT
10-29-2013, 10:03 AM
http://community.defiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/DLCBlogImg-560x322.jpg

Hey guys,

We just made the official announcement over on the blog that Defiance's second DLC, "Arkbreaker", is coming in December.

We don't have a more exact release date quite yet, but we wanted to give you guys a window the moment we were confident that we can hit it!

In the coming weeks we'll be talking more about what the DLC will contain.

Shadow Andreas
10-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Woohoo! Finally got some info! Can't wait for December!!! Nice artwork too.

royal
10-29-2013, 10:10 AM
One the one hand: Hip, hip, hooray! Finally.

On the other: well, you know.

ArkGuardian_MichaelDial
10-29-2013, 10:13 AM
Sweet :)
Thanks OverloadUT

Donnyrides
10-29-2013, 10:14 AM
Good to know. please don't be December 31st though.

Zugo
10-29-2013, 10:17 AM
Looking forward to it, and really looking forward to the info leading up to it.

When do you guys think you will start showing some DLC2 footage again on Twitch?

maverick07
10-29-2013, 10:18 AM
Still have a decent wait ahead of us then. But as long as we continue to get updates like the ones we've been getting the last couple weeks I'll be fine with the wait.

Excited for it though :). Wonder when we'll finally get to see that major arkfall interior we've been getting teased with...

Overtkill21
10-29-2013, 10:20 AM
December? Really?

A game launches in April with the promise of 5 DLCs in a year, we get one in August, and number two in December?

So with that as a guide - DLC 3 in April 2014, DLC 4 in August 2014, and DLC 5 in December 2014...

LOL, oh Trion.

OverloadUT
10-29-2013, 10:23 AM
Looking forward to it, and really looking forward to the info leading up to it.

When do you guys think you will start showing some DLC2 footage again on Twitch?

I haven't planned the exact livestreaming schedule yet, but we will probably dedicate Nov 8 to playing Plague Sieges on the live servers. After that, it's probably safe to bet that we'll be showing more DLC2 stuff!

Codex
10-29-2013, 10:26 AM
Yessss. Glad that I have finished my degree by December. It will be nice to have some headspace to play games again and be able to actually think about this DLC a little more than the last.

Littleweasel
10-29-2013, 10:26 AM
December? Really?

A game launches in April with the promise of 5 DLCs in a year, we get one in August, and number two in December?

So with that as a guide - DLC 3 in April 2014, DLC 4 in August 2014, and DLC 5 in December 2014...

LOL, oh Trion.

needless to say with the chances of all 5 dlc's being out by april of next years i would say that it would be a breach of contract since people that bought the season pass where told they would get the 5 dlc's within the year.

on a side note i highly doubts that even if they are able to get the 5 dlc's out within the promised year that they will even have much of a fan base left by the time the 3rd one even comes out with it taking 5 months for the 1st one and 4 months for the 2nd one. 9 months already gone from the year with only 3 left to go.

Chevota
10-29-2013, 10:29 AM
Well, that was underwhelming...

Deunan
10-29-2013, 10:42 AM
needless to say with the chances of all 5 dlc's being out by april of next years i would say that it would be a breach of contract since people that bought the season pass where told they would get the 5 dlc's within the year.You can say it but it isn't so. The only representation is that you get 5 DLCs for the price of 4.

hey u
10-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Well I'm going to take a break then from Defiance. Arkfalls are going way to fast. Round 1 on them is a joke and when round 2 and 3 come they are finished way to fast. I have many hopes for when DLC hits but until then I'm done with this game just ever so simple and nothing really challenging and repetitive it's getting.

Be back when DLC 2 drops.

skepticck
10-29-2013, 10:52 AM
Couldn't help it but my first reaction was

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/2715/kwio.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/kwio.jpg/)

So "somewhere" in December and more details about content "in the next weeks", really what else is new ? that's it ? what a waste of a big announcement.
So 4 months to get the first and another 4 months for the second, i seem to remember them saying that the DLCs would be coming at a faster pace after the first one.
When are we gonna learn... what's the definition of insanity again ...

Etaew
10-29-2013, 11:06 AM
- Nice artwork
- Good for some progress with DLC
- Pretty disappointed with the release date

Dar Katan
10-29-2013, 11:13 AM
- Nice artwork
- Good for some progress with DLC
- Pretty disappointed with the release date

This is my reaction as well.

This announcement should have more details. Like a roadmap of upcoming updates leading up to the DLC, or even paid vs. free, promo video, alpha server availability, etc.

I have little confidence considering even this post was a day late.

Critical Errors
10-29-2013, 11:25 AM
At this point, I've stopped getting excited over the DLC. It will come eventually. As long as my Season pass actually gets me 5 DLC's, I'll be ok with it. Though it would be nice for Season pass holders to get something extra for the long wait....

I would love to hear when other changes/fixes in game will take place.
Will old weapons ever get rolls added?
Will we be able to remove/replace one mod at a time?
Do we have a time frame for the new GUI changes?

and the list could go on....

squidgod2000
10-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Gullanite monsters? Ugh.

Fancypants
10-29-2013, 11:54 AM
The DLC pic.. hmm. Seen that somewhere before...

Is that..

https://static.squarespace.com/static/51b3dc8ee4b051b96ceb10de/51ce6099e4b0d911b4489b79/51ce61d8e4b0d911b44a3466/1277163103997/1000w/OriginalStarWarsPosterArt-thumb-550x680-41518.jpg

:eek:

Really Trion?

Zugo
10-29-2013, 11:58 AM
The DLC pic.. hmm. Seen that somewhere before...

Is that..

https://static.squarespace.com/static/51b3dc8ee4b051b96ceb10de/51ce6099e4b0d911b4489b79/51ce61d8e4b0d911b44a3466/1277163103997/1000w/OriginalStarWarsPosterArt-thumb-550x680-41518.jpg

:eek:

Really Trion?

LOL, similar isn't it. Hey I design things all day that I'm sure are original.

http://www.korsgaardscommentary.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/CONAN-THE-BARBARIAN-1982.jpg

Fancypants
10-29-2013, 12:01 PM
LOL, similar isn't it. Hey I design things all day that I'm sure are original.

Just sayin'...

if the artwork is an indication of what the DLC will be as far as 'original ideas' for content... meh.

skepticck
10-29-2013, 12:03 PM
So, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, besides if we go by how underwhelming DLC 1 was, that nice promo pic will probably be the best part of DLC 2.

Raquine
10-29-2013, 12:07 PM
First I seen the art work, First thought that came to mind... STAR WARS. HMMm might want to redue the art work cause I think that is copyrighted......

But then again Defiance already has the clones in game.. whats a little art work stolen from something else

N3gativeCr33p
10-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Just as I predicted weeks ago... there will be snow on the ground before we get to play anything from a DLC2.

#justsaying

Zugo
10-29-2013, 12:13 PM
Just as I predicted weeks ago... there will be snow on the ground before we get to play anything from a DLC2.

#justsaying

What's snow? I live in San Diego.

Shadow Andreas
10-29-2013, 12:15 PM

Isn't that the stuff that Big Bear makes with machines for those people with sticks on their feet????

N3gativeCr33p
10-29-2013, 12:15 PM

What are palm trees? I live in Chicago.

Angeleus09
10-29-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm pretty sure this is 100% intentionally supposed to be a nod to Star Wars. I highly doubt the artists at Trion are trying to pass this off as completely original. This particular piece of art has been spoofed or satirized umpteen times since its original release, Trion is far from the first company to release a tribute piece like this.

On topic: I'm definitely looking forward to this DLC more than the first. 24 person instanced Arkfalls, the Warmaster boss fight at the end and the many updates that are coming alongside the DLC such as the story campaign going full co-op.

Fancypants
10-29-2013, 12:47 PM
I'm pretty sure this is 100% intentionally supposed to be a nod to Star Wars. I highly doubt the artists at Trion are trying to pass this off as completely original. This particular piece of art has been spoofed or satirized umpteen times since its original release, Trion is far from the first company to release a tribute piece like this.

On topic: I'm definitely looking forward to this DLC more than the first. 24 person instanced Arkfalls, the Warmaster boss fight at the end and the many updates that are coming alongside the DLC such as the story campaign going full co-op.

No. It's not a 'spoof' or nod to Star Wars. It's a straight lazy ripoff. And there aren't any gaming companies doing this 'spoofing' with Star Wars images, lol. WoW? Everquest? EvE even? Who?

You don't want to put ideas into your own advertising that would make someone think of another game they could be playing instead... like SWTOR, if it's a competitor to your company.

Rift (a Trion game) already is in direct competition to Star Wars so why would they be giving a 'nod' to Star Wars?

Zugo
10-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Isn't that the stuff that Big Bear makes with machines for those people with sticks on their feet????

I know right!?

Why would it just be laying around on the ground? They have to spend a lot of money to suck the water out of Big Bear lake to make that stuff.

OverloadUT
10-29-2013, 01:01 PM
This announcement should have more details. Like a roadmap of upcoming updates leading up to the DLC, or even paid vs. free, promo video, alpha server availability, etc.

Aw man, we just can't win! ;)

The intention here is to give you this information the moment we were sure of it. We could wait until we have all of the things you're asking for as well, but that would have meant giving the release window even later!

Announcing stuff like this is always a balancing act: if we do it too soon, it won't have enough information or (even worse) could end up changing before release. If we do it too late, then you rightfully feel that we're not communicating enough.

While there is no perfect solution that will make everyone happy, we like to err on the side of early announcements. For example, that's why we showed DLC2 on livestream the moment we had a build that was reasonably stable :)

OverloadUT
10-29-2013, 01:04 PM
No. It's not a 'spoof' or nod to Star Wars.

It is, in fact, intended to be an homage to the classic poster.

As someone who spent his entire life in a house with that poster framed in the living room, it made me very happy!

hardy83
10-29-2013, 01:11 PM
Well my guess of mid November at the latest was way off. lol
I'm going to assume this is EARLY December, but then again, I was wrong before. lol
Nice to know though!

Though it's release date does bring into question actually getting all 5 DLCs before the end of April 2014..
Unless of course you change April 2014 to June 2014, the month when season 2 starts.
If you made it to June 2014, that would give you roughly two and a bit months each for the 3 remaining DLC.
About 1.5 months each if you still think you'll make April.

Though I AM aware that the first two DLCs were probably held back because of the stupid amount of fixes you had to put into the game after launch.

Zugo
10-29-2013, 01:12 PM

The intention here is to give you this information the moment we were sure of it. We could wait until we have all of the things you're asking for as well, but that would have meant giving the release window even later!

Announcing stuff like this is always a balancing act: if we do it too soon, it won't have enough information or (even worse) could end up changing before release. If we do it too late, then you rightfully feel that we're not communicating enough.

While there is no perfect solution that will make everyone happy, we like to err on the side of early announcements. For example, that's why we showed DLC2 on livestream the moment we had a build that was reasonably stable :)

Maybe had you listed the hundreds of posts asking for DLC2 information in your announcement. That way they would have been reminded that they want this information.

I swear it's like my son. "I'm thirsty, I'm thirsty" ok here's some water, "no, I'm thirsty but I don't want that".

Nilxain
10-29-2013, 01:17 PM

As someone who spent his entire life in a house with that poster framed in the living room, it made me very happy!

When I was a kid we had a total of 5 movies in the house for the longest time: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, Return of the Jedi, Emperor Strikes Back, and Star Wars (now: a new hope). Our copy of Star Wars had that cover, and I always loved it! The homage indeed made me happy too :-)

OverloadUT
10-29-2013, 01:59 PM
When I was a kid we had a total of 5 movies in the house for the longest time: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, Return of the Jedi, Emperor Strikes Back, and Star Wars (now: a new hope). Our copy of Star Wars had that cover, and I always loved it! The homage indeed made me happy too :-)

In my house it was Star Wars, Back to the Future, Terminator 2, Die Hard, Star Trek VI, The Abyss, and a couple others that are shamefully skipping my mind. We were definitely a big movie house :)

Edit: and ALIENS! How could I forget that one??

Lillith Valerian
10-29-2013, 02:05 PM
That pic made me super excited, because the charge blade flared a blazing hope in me that they will be getting revamped with things like more skins, the ability to mod and master them, and have the 'rapid damage' glitch fixed that idiots are using to ruin so many ark falls.

Then I realized it was just a funny 'en homage', and a bucket of cold water was dumped on my hopes.

As a life-long real-life sword fighter, please consider fixing/improving the charge blades. I even made a post with a wide variety of neat ideas for mods that weren't stupid or overpowered, and working within the parameters of the game as is (no new 'moves' or modes of combat). Please?

spawn2985
10-29-2013, 02:11 PM
question are those two bugs that are above the picture

Clarity Page
10-29-2013, 02:14 PM
Im intrigued about this new dlc just hoping fingers crossed that its more than just the arkfalls, either way they already sound cooler than the arenas.
Please give us more details soon

now bring on the zom...sorry afflicted, my favourite thing in the game so far. ohh just had a thought zombies vs charge blade

Shadow Andreas
10-29-2013, 02:17 PM
That pic made me super excited, because the charge blade flared a blazing hope in me that they will be getting revamped with things like more skins, the ability to mod and master them, and have the 'rapid damage' glitch fixed that idiots are using to ruin so many ark falls.

Then I realized it was just a funny 'en homage', and a bucket of cold water was dumped on my hopes.

As a life-long real-life sword fighter, please consider fixing/improving the charge blades. I even made a post with a wide variety of neat ideas for mods that weren't stupid or overpowered, and working within the parameters of the game as is (no new 'moves' or modes of combat). Please?

Lillith....link to your post please :)

hardy83
10-29-2013, 02:18 PM
Im intrigued about this new dlc just hoping fingers crossed that its more than just the arkfalls, either way they already sound cooler than the arenas.
Please give us more details soon

now bring on the zom...sorry afflicted, my favourite thing in the game so far. ohh just had a thought zombies vs charge blade

We already know we're getting some major UI changes. Possibly PCs getting optional high resolution textures.....That's all I can remember of the top of my head.
...A pass on shield balance?

Chevota
10-29-2013, 02:24 PM
thought zombies vs charge blade

This will be cool for about 5 minutes, until the Blade exploiters wipe out Afflicted near/on the points, racking up points like they do on Arks.

Its always funny when an Exploiter thumps their chest, then gets called out on it and teleport away like children running to their rooms when adults scold them.

Dar Katan
10-29-2013, 02:26 PM

I am sorry for being a hard *** on you OUT. You are right when you say you are showing us gameplay and certain details about upcoming changes. What is not being communicated is how it all fits together. I think that is what most of us were hoping for in a DL2 announcement.

How do Arkfall call downs, grenade changes, UI changes, outfits, social changes, and more, fit together in the DLC?

It is like all the Apple rumours before an Apple event. Little tidbits of info here and there and we are left connecting the dots. Then when the announcement hits, Apple brings all those tidbits together with some super secret extra special stuff that makes us all go, "EPIC!"

I appreciate all the little nuggets of info, but how does it all fit together to make DLC2 worth purchasing? That is my main point.

Off topic: From one bearded man to another, I like the beard growth I saw on Fridays lifestream, keep it going!

Obnautikus
10-29-2013, 02:35 PM
December? Oh man thats a bummer. I'll be on xbox1 by then.

Clarity Page
10-29-2013, 02:40 PM
This will be cool for about 5 minutes, until the Blade exploiters wipe out Afflicted near/on the points, racking up points like they do on Arks.

By exploiters do you mean that glitch where you use an ammo cache to rapid fire your swords swings? I tried that once just to check out the glitch, very very cheaty makes mince meat of the arkcore and gives you major finger cramp.
when i get bored of the saw, wolfhound and sniping I like to run about with the charge blade but i don't use the glitch

Zugo
10-29-2013, 02:46 PM
By exploiters do you mean that glitch where you use an ammo cache to rapid fire your swords swings? I tried that once just to check out the glitch, very very cheaty makes mince meat of the arkcore and gives you major finger cramp.
when i get bored of the saw, wolfhound and sniping I like to run about with the charge blade but i don't use the glitch

It's catching on like a plague. It's a serious issue for those of us that are trying to get keys from minor arkfalls.

Most of the time you can't get credit for the arkfall because the level surging kills the enemies, and nobody is getting damaged so BMG doesn't tag it for you either.

Elastik Spastik
10-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Yey. But still so far away.

Fancypants
10-29-2013, 03:23 PM

If this is indeed true, it's a nutshell of why your company is doing so horribly, sir.

Trion is like an inside joke, but only you guys there seem to get it and everyone else just goes and plays something else where they don't do these kinds of idiotic things.

You guys really should bear down and focus on improving the game, instead of inside jokes that maybe a few get.

I remember another company that liked to have fun, realized too late that maybe they should pay attention and get serious about fixing things, but now Mythic is no longer with us.

Nilxain
10-29-2013, 03:28 PM
I remember another company that liked to have fun, realized too late that maybe they should pay attention and get serious about fixing things, but now Mythic is no longer with us.

I also remember a company that likes to have fun, and references stuff all the time, hum WOW I can't remember the name now, maybe it was Blizzard?

Not mutually exclusive, comes to mind.

Mudturtle Jones
10-29-2013, 03:41 PM
question are those two bugs that are above the picture

I'm assuming that big thing in the middle with the red eyes is a Volge Warmaster.

Etaew
10-29-2013, 03:43 PM

Well they are a mobile studio now, was the only thing which saved them. RIP WAR.

Maixx
10-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Most of the time you can't get credit for the arkfall because the level surging kills the enemies, and nobody is getting damaged so BMG doesn't tag it for you either.

The boss fight provides more then enough damage to get your heals in, and is not affected by the sword glitch.

Etaew
10-29-2013, 03:47 PM

Potentially true. From a personal side I understand what the community team is trying to do, however I also hope that you can understand the reasons behind negative reactions from the players as well.

After the mishandling of the first DLC you guys are being cautious. Let's hope this release goes smoothly so it can make the process better for the final 3 DLC.

Arsenic_Touch
10-29-2013, 04:08 PM
How on earth do you actually plan to get 5 DLCS out by the first year at this rate? December for DLC 2? it's not like these DLCs are deeply story intensive, you bumbled your way through the first one and tried to play the story out as more than it really was, at least this time you admitted up front that there isn't much story with this one. You said we weren't getting substantial story content until DLC 3, in which I'll believe it when I see it. How are you going to make this scheduel? There's 4 more DLC. Season 1 episode content to tie into Season 2. There's Season 2 episode content and then if the season 1 pursuits is any representation on how season 2 is going to go there's going to be base season 2 content which is most likely a continuation of the main storyline? I just don't see it happening.

Shadow Andreas
10-29-2013, 04:15 PM
How on earth do you actually plan to get 5 DLCS out by the first year at this rate? December for DLC 2? it's not like these DLCs are deeply story intensive, you bumbled your way through the first one and tried to play the story out as more than it really was, at least this time you admitted up front that there isn't much story with this one. You said we weren't getting substantial story content until DLC 3, in which I'll believe it when I see it. How are you going to make this scheduel? There's 4 more DLC. Season 1 episode content to tie into Season 2. There's Season 2 episode content and then if the season 1 pursuits is any representation on how season 2 is going to go there's going to be base season 1 content which is most likely a continuation of the main storyline?

You pose VERY good points Arsenic....wish we could get a response or estimated schedule of the plan. One that shall not be named said, at E3, that they would have all 5 DLC out before season 2 aired. He said they had an "aggressive schedule"! Now I know that it is all out the window since that person is no longer there....but still, I think giving us something would help.

I asked during a live stream about being on track for all 5 DLC before Season 2....and the response was that they never gave a time frame for all the DLC. SO.....I guess we will see what happens.

Bakku
10-29-2013, 04:19 PM
Lol, I see someone already made the Star Wars connection... Was about to post this:

http://caltechgirlsworld.mu.nu/archives/images/originalSWposter.jpg

Anyway, I'm glad it's on it's way and that we know when to expect it.

Arsenic_Touch
10-29-2013, 04:22 PM
I asked during a live stream about being on track for all 5 DLC before Season 2....and the response was that they never gave a time frame for all the DLC. SO.....I guess we will see what happens.

Which is BS, because both previous EP's had said it. Even though they haven't announced a new one since Chris. If by now they haven't mentioned anything about him, it's safe to assume that he is no longer the EP and they've been pushing Trick to the front, so he's either acting as the EP or they're still trying to find someone to replace Chris. I also could've sworn the CEO reiterated what the previous EP's said about it as well.

Shadow Andreas
10-29-2013, 04:36 PM
Even though they haven't announced a new one since Chris. If by now they haven't mentioned anything about him, it's safe to assume that he is no longer the EP and they've been pushing Trick to the front, so he's either acting as the EP or they're still trying to find someone to replace Chris.

I was gonna make a post about this today....then decided against it because we probably would not have gotten an answer. It would be nice to know who the EP is....so we know who is at the helm of the ship.

3rdpig
10-29-2013, 04:49 PM
This makes me happy, thanks for announcing it!

Deunan
10-29-2013, 04:56 PM
If this is indeed true, it's a nutshell of why your company is doing so horribly, sir.It's not a "nutshell" of anything. The resources that go into a concept art poster have nothing to do with the resources that go into the actual game content development. There are plenty of games that actually do ingame nods to pop culture as well. Borderlands 2 has over a hundred of them. This game has plenty of issues but the promotional artwork is completely irrelevant to them and Easter eggs and nods to pop culture have no relationship whatsoever to creativity toward game development.

XTORT
10-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Won't have cash to spend on new games in Dec. due to the holidays,

so this is good news for me.

Maixx
10-29-2013, 05:00 PM
I read somewhere that the season pass was from launch day until Dec 2014, and with that date would include both seasons of the show.
If this is the case, I'd guess DLC3 in April as a prelude to season 2 of the show, with nothing but episode content while the show airs, and DLC4 next fall, 5 next Dec.
But just a guess at the timeline, but it fits the current trickling DLC launches.

Skandrannon
10-29-2013, 05:17 PM
No more story on this one either?

For Real?

Do you honestly expect people to just keep grinding away at the same daily's and arkfalls?

This game is gorgeous, I love the feel of the game, but I'm bored.

New lockboxes? Great! Another way to randomly not get what I need or want. Where are the zombies the patch notes said would be here? Yeah, they're zombies, IDC what you call them.

To the folks cheating at arkfalls.. WHAT THE **** FOR?! There is no endgame, are you rushing to... well nothing? No, you're ****ing everyone else at the arkfall out of keys.

Jerks.

I have been playing other games, since I've kinda done it all here, but when I patched it the other day, I saw zombies.. where are they?

Oh, and if the DLC doesn't come out on schedule.. I'm done, and I'll be needing my money back. If you don't deliver what I paid for when I bought the season pass, you don't get to keep my money. I don't give a **** that it wasn't all that expensive, it's a principal thing.

-Skan

Shadow Andreas
10-29-2013, 05:25 PM

For Real?

I have been playing other games, since I've kinda done it all here, but when I patched it the other day, I saw zombies.. where are they?

Trick said on a live stream that more story content is due with DLC 3.....DLC 2 will have a minor story (about the whole Ark Breaker" thing....but that DLC 2 would not be the story we are looking for (to put it simply in my own words)

Inflicted will be in game tomorrow (yes they are zombies)

Skandrannon
10-29-2013, 05:30 PM
Trick said on a live stream that more story content is due with DLC 3.....DLC 2 will have a minor story (about the whole Ark Breaker" thing....but that DLC 2 would not be the story we are looking for (to put it simply in my own words)

Inflicted will be in game tomorrow (yes they are zombies)

That's kinda what I meant... They tried to ******** us with "Content" and more "Story" with DLC 1. Now the 2nd one is going to be a letdown too?

Sorry, but an arena with waves of monsters that rarely drop loot, with some cobbled together story about how everyone fights to prove ... something vague.. blah.... that's not story line, that's lame, and quite frankly, boring.

At least the zombies will be back... that might keep me busy some this weekend...

Honestly, I see how big the map is, and want to go explore. Like I said before, it's a beautiful game, but I'm real sick of of the same tiny bit of " World " we have.

--
Also, I have to watch the livestream to get updates that should be in the patch notes? Is that the only place that the zombie news was announced?

-Skan

Umfafa
10-29-2013, 05:33 PM

For Real?

Do you honestly expect people to just keep grinding away at the same daily's and arkfalls?

New lockboxes? Great! Another way to randomly not get what I need or want. Where are the zombies the patch notes said would be here? Yeah, they're zombies, IDC what you call them.

To the folks cheating at arkfalls.. WHAT THE **** FOR?! There is no endgame, are you rushing to... well nothing? No, you're ****ing everyone else at the arkfall out of keys.

Jerks.

Oh, and if the DLC doesn't come out on schedule.. I'm done, and I'll be needing my money back. If you don't deliver what I paid for when I bought the season pass, you don't get to keep my money. I don't give a **** that it wasn't all that expensive, it's a principal thing.

-Skan

Remember when the first sieges came out? I can remember doing those with CORE Legion over and over again to get our best scores. The new sieges, exactly twice. I can't imagine this is going to keep people playing....so disappointing, every time.

These "new" arkfalls are just another iteration of the same thing we've all been doing for far too long. I seriously doubt they'll be entertaining much past day after release.

*sigh*......so much potential. Wasted.

Shadow Andreas
10-29-2013, 05:35 PM
That's kinda what I meant... They tried to ******** us with "Content" and more "Story" with DLC 1. Now the 2nd one is going to be a letdown too?

Sorry, but an arena with waves of monsters that rarely drop loot, with some cobbled together story about how everyone fights to prove ... something vague.. blah.... that's not story line, that's lame, and quite frankly, boring.

At least the zombies will be back... that might keep me busy some this weekend...

Honestly, I see how big the map is, and want to go explore. Like I said before, it's a beautiful game, but I'm real sick of of the same tiny bit of " World " we have.

--
Also, I have to watch the livestream to get updates that should be in the patch notes? Is that the only place that the zombie news was announced?

-Skan

I hear ya. Luckily I have a good, fun loving clan that always has a good time no matter what.

Mention of the Plague Sieges was in the newest Patch Notes....here linked below

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?138553-Patch-1.106-(hotfix)-Patch-Notes

Blondin
10-29-2013, 05:40 PM

You mean like announcing coop arena and truck of doom !?

Skandrannon
10-29-2013, 05:46 PM
I hear ya. Luckily I have a good, fun loving clan that always has a good time no matter what.

Mention of the Plague Sieges was in the newest Patch Notes....here linked below

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?138553-Patch-1.106-(hotfix)-Patch-Notes

Yep... those are the same patch notes that are on the launcher... no date would indicate, to me at least, that they were in with the patch. It doesn't say anywhere that I have to watch a livestream to find out when.. Everyone I spoke to in game about it was confused as well, and TBH, they just thought it was another **** up by Trion, and that they didn't go in as expected.

-Skan

Sanguinesun
10-29-2013, 05:56 PM
Well, at least they're remaining consistent with 1 DLC ever 4 or so months. :rolleyes:

All I can say is that Im looking forward to the Steam winter sale instead :P

Atticus Batman
10-29-2013, 06:29 PM
needless to say with the chances of all 5 dlc's being out by april of next years i would say that it would be a breach of contract since people that bought the season pass where told they would get the 5 dlc's within the year.

on a side note i highly doubts that even if they are able to get the 5 dlc's out within the promised year that they will even have much of a fan base left by the time the 3rd one even comes out with it taking 5 months for the 1st one and 4 months for the 2nd one. 9 months already gone from the year with only 3 left to go.

You better read the fine print. At one point it said we'd get them all by December 2014.

ArkHunter Z
10-29-2013, 07:14 PM
Excited to say the least. Bring it on Trion! We got this.

Milkandcookies
10-29-2013, 07:37 PM
Well I'm going to take a break then from Defiance. Arkfalls are going way to fast. Round 1 on them is a joke and when round 2 and 3 come they are finished way to fast. I have many hopes for when DLC hits but until then I'm done with this game just ever so simple and nothing really challenging and repetitive it's getting.

Be back when DLC 2 drops.
What is a joke is the hulker. The hulker can throw rockets at you with great precision, but can't wield anything else. The hulker should have a smg so that if people just can't camp in high places, the hulker won't get mauled to easily. The hulker should only use the smg if it seems that the ark hunter is too far too reach by running. The hulker doesn't feel that much pain so it should be able to lose half it's hp to rip one of it's arms off and throw it at you for an instant 10,000+ damage. Then the hulker should take 10 damage a sec for the blood running down his shoulder.

Afflicted hulker should've been able to run 3x faster and able to yell at you to stun you for 3 seconds. I don't know, just wanted to pass the time with these bad-good ideas.

To be honest, all the rounds in arkfalls are pretty easy, except for the dark matter arkfall if dark matter is able to control the juice from the arkfall.

Also, like I said in a previous comment, there could be a possibility that Trion will only make 1-10 feet of new land and the only people who got the dlc will be able to walk the half a second worth of land. Maybe even a quest or 2 that'll require you to accept it which will also complete it as well. Hopefully, I say again, that what I said is a fantasy except for the hulker comment.

Lillith Valerian
10-29-2013, 09:12 PM
You better read the fine print. At one point it said we'd get them all by December 2014.

Don't go confusing the situation with facts!!

Elric1
10-29-2013, 09:24 PM
So, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, besides if we go by how underwhelming DLC 1 was, that nice promo pic will probably be the best part of DLC 2.

No kidding. Why is it I don't even care anymore if I get my dlc? it is coming so slow and the content is so worthless it's almost a fact I threw away my 40 dollars for piss poor code and wasting space on my hard drive. I mean I should have gotten a free sword ( I still can't finish the original quest line.) and that vehicle should have been something other than junk and I still want that mask I'll likely never get. Sorry but this trailer trash mentality doesn't impress me.

Elric1
10-29-2013, 09:26 PM

How about playing so real games so you guys have a clue how to do something right least once in the life of this game?

Elric1
10-29-2013, 09:30 PM
If this is indeed true, it's a nutshell of why your company is doing so horribly, sir.

Trion is like an inside joke, but only you guys there seem to get it and everyone else just goes and plays something else where they don't do these kinds of idiotic things.

You guys really should bear down and focus on improving the game, instead of inside jokes that maybe a few get.

I keep thinking of flagship studios and that wonderful Hellgate: London....

Elric1
10-29-2013, 09:33 PM
Which is BS, because both previous EP's had said it. Even though they haven't announced a new one since Chris. If by now they haven't mentioned anything about him, it's safe to assume that he is no longer the EP and they've been pushing Trick to the front, so he's either acting as the EP or they're still trying to find someone to replace Chris. I also could've sworn the CEO reiterated what the previous EP's said about it as well.

Well more than a few of us copies the original site's data and videos making such statements by then represenatives so regardless what they think we got the proof and it can be enforced by law. Looks like they are gonna lose a lot of money next year due to their laziness...

Thomas1975
10-29-2013, 09:54 PM
You can say it but it isn't so. The only representation is that you get 5 DLCs for the price of 4.
Sledgehammer70 was the community manager and voice of Defiance, when he was asked (just before launching the game) 3 questions. 1. How soon will DLC’s be rolled out after launch? 2. What actually do you consider a year? 3. Will this offer still be open if we wish to buy it after launch, when DLC’s start getting announced? Here is his response to the questions:
1.) We will have a constant roll out of paid and free DLC for Defiance. The dates are all unknown as they have to go through the submission and approval processes.

2.) Longer than 3 months... shorter than 12 months.

3.) The Season Pass will be available alongside all the DLC launch content. So if you buy it now or down the road it will be available to purchase. You will still have the option to buy individual DLC if you want to go that route, but understand the cost of each individual DLC will be greater than the bundle offer of all 5.

Now remember that while sledgehammer70 no longer works for Trion, at the time he did and this is what was being told to people when the game was launched.
If you like I will also post a photo of his post as proof I did not change his words.

Deunan
10-29-2013, 10:36 PM
Sledgehammer70 was the community manager and voice of Defiance
Which is completely irrelevant to any claim of breach of contract. The terms of purchase are what they are regardless of what anyone from Trion says about when the DLC comes out. You get 5 DLC for the price of 4. Period.

Clarity Page
10-30-2013, 03:22 AM
Just found this on youtube,
just a little peek at dlc 2,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXzbQrv0Txw

Thomas1975
10-30-2013, 05:51 AM
Which is completely irrelevant to any claim of breach of contract. The terms of purchase are what they are regardless of what anyone from Trion says about when the DLC comes out. You get 5 DLC for the price of 4. Period.

Sorry but I do remember them telling people at launch that it was in the first year as well. Also just so you know that Sledgehammer70 saying that and putting it in writing on this media makes it legal. But if you want to go on like a little know-it-all please do. Trion still needs fan boys like you.

rydda
10-30-2013, 06:01 AM
Whats going to happen with some of us that get kick off the server at arkfalls

Mr666
10-30-2013, 06:14 AM
Sorry but I do remember them telling people at launch that it was in the first year as well. Also just so you know that Sledgehammer70 saying that and putting it in writing on this media makes it legal. But if you want to go on like a little know-it-all please do. Trion still needs fan boys like you.Sledgehammer70 was fired or let go and I think in part because he said a lot of stuff without checking if it was ok or true. Also I believe you right it was said by about 2 or 3 people that all DLC would be out by next April(or nearly all out). You have to remember this game has a show linked with it so when they said the show is not coming back till June. You should known that the DLC for the game would match the time line as so to release story content for the start of the next season. What don't get about people like you is thinking some how you have been tricked out of money because as Deunan said for them not to give us the DLC is to lair and put themselves in a place no company want to be in unless they want to be sued.

squidgod2000
10-30-2013, 06:15 AM
If you all hate Trion and Defiance so much, wtf are you doing here?

You'll get the DLCs when you get the DLCs. It doesn't matter who said what about when they would be released. Shiat happens; things change. Plenty of people posted about the risk of buying the Season Pass when it was released (before the game was released, IIRC). If you dropped money on the promise of future releases for an MMO--the most unreliable genre of games ever made--you'll just have to live with it. Pop in a couple times a year when the DLC is released, enjoy yourself for a few days, then go back to whatever else you were doing. Or just go ahead and break out your Internet Law degrees and sue Trion for your $20, because the forums could use a little levity these days.

Yeah, it sucks that development is so slow. It sucks that bugs and exploits take months to get squashed (if ever). It sucks that nearly a year later we're still waiting on the chat window revamp. It sucks that the devs won't do exactly what you tell them to. There are good reasons for all of these issues--lack of people, lack of money, poor early development decisions, etc. You all just need to live with it or move on.

ColeJones
10-30-2013, 06:54 AM

For Real?

Jerks.

-Skan

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

You didn't read the TOS when you bought the Season pass did you? Cause it says in bold letters. This is non refundable.

N3gativeCr33p
10-30-2013, 06:58 AM
Sledgehammer70 was fired or let go and I think in part because he said a lot of stuff without checking if it was ok or true.

My favorite day in Defiance... nothing else really comes close. ;)

Arsenic_Touch
10-30-2013, 07:10 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

You didn't read the TOS when you bought the Season pass did you? Cause it says in bold letters. This is non refundable.

Except people have clearly gotten refunds for it. So you were saying?

ColeJones
10-30-2013, 07:14 AM
Except people have clearly gotten refunds for it. So you were saying?

Then Love, Trion broke their own TOS. And would technically be in the same boat as if you had somehow.

williamarmistace
10-30-2013, 08:22 AM

Dude, you guys already won when we gave you our money to buy the game, and you still are winning everytime we buy bits! smh Not Cool. Not. Cool. At. All.

Deunan
10-30-2013, 12:06 PM
Sorry but I do remember them telling people at launch that it was in the first year as well. Also just so you know that Sledgehammer70 saying that and putting it in writing on this media makes it legal. But if you want to go on like a little know-it-all please do. Trion still needs fan boys like you.I know more than you do about contract law. That's pretty clear from the ignorance pervading your posts. A mere promise outside of the original terms of sale isn't binding. To be binding it requires additional consideration, e.g. money, on top of the original purchase price from the party to whom the promise was made. As a matter of law there's no breach. You could try to argue fraudulent inducement instead but good luck with that. This is basic contracts 101 for anyone that actually knows the law but if you want to continue with your delusional tirade by spouting more ignorant statements accompanied by groundless feeble minded ad hominems don't let me stop you. :rolleyes:

Atticus Batman
10-30-2013, 01:33 PM
Then Love, Trion broke their own TOS. And would technically be in the same boat as if you had somehow.

Trion never gave any refunds. Ps3 and Xbox360 did, but that was BEFORE the first DLC came out.

bigguy
10-30-2013, 01:39 PM
they should call this next dlc patchbreaker (of consoles)

Bentu
10-30-2013, 01:48 PM
Merry Christmas

See what I did there?

Atticus Batman
10-30-2013, 01:59 PM
See what I did there?

Love Mr. Chargeblade's He-man "attack" pose! It is quite a common pose from the 80's though. It was also used in Thundercats, She-ra, Conan the Barbarian and several other shows/movies/cartoons.

http://www.frankshemanpage.net/garden09.JPG

Skandrannon
10-30-2013, 04:05 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I'm not going to get into what they did when, to who, and why. Point is, I paid for something, and I was supposed to get it all by a certain time. If I don't get what I paid for by said certain time, they will have not given me what I paid for, and I'll be needing my money back.

I don't care if you are a contract lawyer, turbo nerd, or professional forum troll. I said what I said, and if the time comes, and they haven't released all of the DLCs, I'll set whatever things in motion that need to happen, to make sure I get my money back.

That is... if they haven't went under by then. I've bought bits, hell I even paid for a car... but I'm not buying any more until they release a DLC pack that doesn't look like, and smell like something that fell outta the back end of a bull.

-Skan

PS. DLC 1 fell outta the back end of a bull. :)

Steel Fire
10-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Right... so, some actual discussion about DLC 2 here would be nice instead of the insipid whining and complaining about the rate at which DLC is being released.

Did anyone else notice the comment in the blog posting for the Plague Sieges that it mentioned upcoming spikes in DLC2? Can't say I'm pleased with that. My opinion, not that it counts for anything: Spike damage is extremely lame and negates player skill. If the devs feel spike damage is required because of player builds, then there's a balance problem that should be addressed, rather than adding a distinctly un-fun element like spike damage.

Skandrannon
10-30-2013, 06:52 PM
Instead of this spike mess, maybe they could fix weapon bonuses. Nothing like getting whichever spanner it is that doesn't link to other targets, with one of the bonuses being a + to link speed... Or an orange rocket launcher with Rolling Thunder as the synergy.

Atticus Batman
10-30-2013, 07:52 PM
I'm not going to get into what they did when, to who, and why. Point is, I paid for something, and I was supposed to get it all by a certain time. If I don't get what I paid for by said certain time, they will have not given me what I paid for, and I'll be needing my money back.

I don't care if you are a contract lawyer, turbo nerd, or professional forum troll. I said what I said, and if the time comes, and they haven't released all of the DLCs, I'll set whatever things in motion that need to happen, to make sure I get my money back.

That is... if they haven't went under by then. I've bought bits, hell I even paid for a car... but I'm not buying any more until they release a DLC pack that doesn't look like, and smell like something that fell outta the back end of a bull.

-Skan

PS. DLC 1 fell outta the back end of a bull. :)

So wait until December 31, 2014 because the fine print says they have until then to release all 5 DLC. They made sure their butts were covered and we can't do anything about it until after the final date listed in the tos for the DLC releases.

ten4
10-30-2013, 08:26 PM
Lol, BF 4 DLC 1 will be out before that and it just got released on Tuesday. It's also going to have unique new stuff, not recycled assets like here.

Better late than never, eh?

So what's the plan for the rest of the DLCs I paid 46 bucks for with the season pass? There is no way in heck you are going to get it all out by season 2 of the TV show. Uh uh. Speaking of which, I expect you to announce pre-orders for season 2 shortly. Yay!

Anyways, I look forward to chasing down those 3 data recorders that will take less than 10 minutes to find. Going to be awesome!

/goes back to bf 4, which has more persistence than this game will ever have and it's not even an MMO.

PseudoCool
10-30-2013, 08:36 PM
Well.. let's break this down:

DLC 1 - limited content consisting of less than an HOUR's worth of gameplay.

DLC 2 - NO new content other than the ability to call down arkfalls, VERY limited updates to GUI or PC functionality. In short, too little, way too late.

DLC 3 - 5 : No way in the WORLD are they going to get the next 3 DLC's out before the show airs, as promised for those who bought the season pack.

For now, this game finds a nice corner of my hard drive and I'll dust it off when I really get bored and have to shoot something, because otherwise, the lack of new content with any meaning has just turned this game into what we all feared back in Alpha Testing.. an un-ending repetitive grind. Pity, it has such promise.

skepticck
10-30-2013, 08:47 PM
It sucks for people who bought the season pass but forget the 5 DLCs and this is just my opinion but i thing that if they keep to this schedule (DLC every 4 months) then most people won't go past DLC 3 anyway, if even that far, have you seen the games coming down the pipe Q4 2013 and especially 2014, for consoles and PC, there is simply no way (imo) that most people will still be here by end 2014 or whatever the release date for DLC 5.

Ozoaken
10-30-2013, 10:40 PM
Merry Christmas to us.
Thanks

mutharex
10-31-2013, 01:39 AM
The Wrath of a nerd who has been 'robbed' of 30 bucks knows no limits...

Mooglestime
10-31-2013, 08:39 AM
Well.. let's break this down:

DLC 1 - limited content consisting of less than an HOUR's worth of gameplay.

DLC 2 - NO new content other than the ability to call down arkfalls, VERY limited updates to GUI or PC functionality. In short, too little, way too late.

DLC 3 - 5 : No way in the WORLD are they going to get the next 3 DLC's out before the show airs, as promised for those who bought the season pack.

For now, this game finds a nice corner of my hard drive and I'll dust it off when I really get bored and have to shoot something, because otherwise, the lack of new content with any meaning has just turned this game into what we all feared back in Alpha Testing.. an un-ending repetitive grind. Pity, it has such promise.

This exactly.....

Considering DLC was the LAMEST thing I have EVER paid for, im not excited.

DLC#2 better have some SERIOUS story additions, not just some fluff crap.....

Red Mephisto
11-12-2013, 10:19 AM
How on earth do you actually plan to get 5 DLCS out by the first year at this rate? December for DLC 2? it's not like these DLCs are deeply story intensive, you bumbled your way through the first one and tried to play the story out as more than it really was, at least this time you admitted up front that there isn't much story with this one. You said we weren't getting substantial story content until DLC 3, in which I'll believe it when I see it. How are you going to make this scheduel? There's 4 more DLC. Season 1 episode content to tie into Season 2. There's Season 2 episode content and then if the season 1 pursuits is any representation on how season 2 is going to go there's going to be base season 2 content which is most likely a continuation of the main storyline? I just don't see it happening.

Some form of an answer for this would be so amazing:(

Chevota
11-12-2013, 10:36 AM
So I think i know what has happened, and how Trion kinda did themselves in a bit...

Im a firm believer in that, games these days are fully made for the most part with DLC's IN THE GAME already. I think the developers go "Ok, this is our game... How much can we pull OUT and turn into DLC to make new content appear New, and not just pulled?, leaving us a quick DLC 1/2/3 push."

So basically i think Trion made the game and pushed it out, not removing stuff DLC release, but just leaving the 1 real cliff-hanger of Von Bach. Now, had they developed the game with the Von Bach returning story, and then pulled it from the game... BOOM! DLC 1, right there.

Take this for instance, do you really think COD ships with those 8 (however many) maps only? and from launch they work on 3 "DLC maps"? I dont... I think they are mostly there already. The basic setup and what they want for the maps. All they are really doing IMO post-launch is texturing out the maps, and adding bits and pieces ( a barrel here, a wrecked car there for cover purposes), and testing.

I realize COD isnt a great example since it literally has a 1-Year Lifetime before the next COD game kills it. It just seems illogical that a game can be fully updated with brand new content, like Skyrim's DLC's, in just 2/3 months... I think Defiance is more of what its really like, building DLC's from the ground up, even though they are recycling areas a bit (Nim fight room for "Arkbreaks" or w/e they call em now).

Maybe thats just me, idk. Sounds very plausible though, dont it?

I think its this way with Defiance since, Arenas arent something that there is in the game already, and the "Arkbreaker" is a brand new set of Arks i dont think they intended to be the way they are, until we all said "Wtf those arks are way different then the show!".

Red Mephisto
11-12-2013, 10:39 AM
So I think i know what has happened, and how Trion kinda did themselves in a bit...

Im a firm believer in that, games these days are fully made for the most part with DLC's IN THE GAME already. I think the developers go "Ok, this is our game... How much can we pull OUT and turn into DLC to make new content appear New, and not just pulled?, leaving us a quick DLC 1/2/3 push."

So basically i think Trion made the game and pushed it out, not removing stuff DLC release, but just leaving the 1 real cliff-hanger of Von Bach. Now, had they developed the game with the Von Bach returning story, and then pulled it from the game... BOOM! DLC 1, right there.

Take this for instance, do you really think COD ships with those 8 (however many) maps only? and from launch they work on 3 "DLC maps"? I dont... I think they are mostly there already. The basic setup and what they want for the maps. All they are really doing IMO post-launch is texturing out the maps, and adding bits and pieces ( a barrel here, a wrecked car there for cover purposes), and testing.

I agree fully.

I don't think any company would promise something not even made yet. Im sure all the DLC is tucked away somewhere, already made. changes will happen yes, but they were made with the game, at the same time.

Shadow Andreas
11-12-2013, 10:49 AM

I realize COD isnt a great example since it literally has a 1-Year Lifetime before the next COD game kills it.

I agree with you Chevota.....most games are probably made with the DLC already "mostly" done.

I think the hard part for Trion is the fact that there is a TV show that it should compliment...or vise versa. That changes the time frames drastically! My fiancÚ works in the industry doing costumes...and when I saw the start date for next season I asked her about it....she said that was typical (and when I think about it...she is correct). Most non-network shows do have a 6-8 month break once they are stabilized and have run for a couple seasons.....whereas a new show does not know if they are getting picked back up so they have a longer gestation period once they do know they are coming back. Also I think SyFy has a lot to do/say when it comes to the content for the game and when things are released....so that it does flow with the show and peek interest.

Thearl
11-12-2013, 11:48 AM
Kind of makes me think how long it took before the 'DLC fix' for the ME3 ending finally made it out.

crasher
11-12-2013, 12:08 PM
I agree with you Chevota.....most games are probably made with the DLC already "mostly" done.

I think the hard part for Trion is the fact that there is a TV show that it should compliment...or vise versa. That changes the time frames drastically! My fiancÚ works in the industry doing costumes...and when I saw the start date for next season I asked her about it....she said that was typical (and when I think about it...she is correct). Most non-network shows do have a 6-8 month break once they are stabilized and have run for a couple seasons.....whereas a new show does not know if they are getting picked back up so they have a longer gestation period once they do know they are coming back. Also I think SyFy has a lot to do/say when it comes to the content for the game and when things are released....so that it does flow with the show and peek interest.

Back in my day, when TV was sock-puppets in a picture frame we watched by whale oil lamp......

Network TV shows were 36 episodes/year.

A full year didn't give you all 52 weeks to watch, as many had a time slot that was preempted once/while.

50-36=14 weeks.

That 14 weeks was summer re-runs.
Note that they didn't run all 36 episodes.

Then they went to 24 new episodes per year.

Then The Sopranos took, what(?), 22 months between season 3-4?

Now shows like The Walking Dead, etc. give you 6 episodes, 4 months of waiting, and then 4-6 more episodes....

The world is going to hell, I tell ya.

tl;dr
Bottom Line:
I bet 60% of the people reading this wont see DLC-3, even if it rolls out.

Shadow Andreas
11-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Back in my day, when TV was sock-puppets in a picture frame we watched by whale oil lamp......

Network TV shows were 36 episodes/year.

A full year didn't give you all 52 weeks to watch, as many had a time slot that was preempted once/while.

50-36=14 weeks.

That 14 weeks was summer re-runs.
Note that they didn't run all 36 episodes.

Then they went to 24 new episodes per year.

Then The Sopranos took, what(?), 22 months between season 3-4?

Now shows like The Walking Dead, etc. give you 6 episodes, 4 months of waiting, and then 4-6 more episodes....

The world is going to hell, I tell ya.

tl;dr
Bottom Line:
I bet 60% of the people reading this wont see DLC-3, even if it rolls out.

All very true crasher....that's just the way the industry is now days. Nothing we can do...it's all in their contracts.

Atticus Batman
11-12-2013, 03:25 PM
All very true crasher....that's just the way the industry is now days. Nothing we can do...it's all in their contracts.

Remember this is Syfy. If Defiance ever becomes one of their BIG shows like Stargate, Sanctuary, Lost Girl, etc.. Then it will be only 6 weeks to 2 months between it's seasons. Until that happens it is only going to be one season a year for Defiance. Looks like it gets the summer season slot that Eureka had, since that show has ended.

Chevota
11-12-2013, 03:29 PM
Remember this is Syfy. If Defiance ever becomes one of their BIG shows like Stargate, Sanctuary, Lost Girl, etc.. Then it will be only 6 weeks to 2 months between it's seasons. Until that happens it is only going to be one season a year for Defiance. Looks like it gets the summer season slot that Eureka had, since that show has ended.

I think the biggest issue the show has, is it competes with Falling Skies during the week (for a couple weeks).

As Defiance was concluding, Falling Skies was beginning its season. Its looking like this season will have an even heavier competition as Defiance starts in Jun 2014, and Falling Skies is Summer 2014. Much more overlapping competition.

So they both suck in the Sci-Fi crowd, as eerily similar shows, and we know how people then LOVE their loyalties... It would be better IMO if they had a 2-3 week break between the 2 shows...

CRIXDA
11-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Fair points.
Skitters - skitterlings, Intelligent Alien Life-Forms, the Mechs and the Bulwarks, energy-based weapons, scavenged items and salvage.
I hate to hijack the thread back onto topic but I want to know more about what to expect from the package.
I was preparing a new thread for this friday's livestream but didn't have the chance to start it yet and I am actually going to do it now.
If we could have a conventional weapon, what would it be? What would You like?
A Barrett 50 cal?

crasher
11-13-2013, 12:27 AM
Fair points.
Skitters - skitterlings, Intelligent Alien Life-Forms, the Mechs and the Bulwarks, energy-based weapons, scavenged items and salvage.
I hate to hijack the thread back onto topic but I want to know more about what to expect from the package.
I was preparing a new thread for this friday's livestream but didn't have the chance to start it yet and I am actually going to do it now.
A Barrett 50 cal?
I believe Barrett stated they wouldn't sell those in Cali, to any Govt agency, after Cali made them illegal for sale to private individuals.
Yer gonna have to ask SantO/UT for something else.

Atticus Batman
11-13-2013, 04:52 PM
I believe Barrett stated they wouldn't sell those in Cali, to any Govt agency, after Cali made them illegal for sale to private individuals.
Yer gonna have to ask SantO/UT for something else.

Crix, I beleive Crasher is right. Try asking for a custom made 50 Cal by Red Jacket firearms instead. You would have a much better chance.

Bonehead
11-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Fair points.
A Barrett 50 cal?

I would pic a ma deuce.

Billy Guile
11-19-2013, 03:57 AM
holy crap, you guys are still bothering with this game?

Bentu
11-19-2013, 04:14 AM
holy crap, you guys are still bothering with this game?

http://i.imgur.com/4T0goPy.jpg?1

Laranja
11-19-2013, 05:21 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4T0goPy.jpg?1

That made me lol hehe. On topic I really am looking forward to DLC 2. Granted I have not been here as long as some of you guys but I love the game just the same.
It amazes me though how if a game doesn't live up to some folks expectations they set out on a one man defaming mission to try and turn people off the game in question. Kind of insulting really. You know, thinking that people can't think and make rational decisions for themselves.

Tekrunner
11-19-2013, 06:30 AM
It amazes me though how if a game doesn't live up to some folks expectations they set out on a one man defaming mission to try and turn people off the game in question. Kind of insulting really. You know, thinking that people can't think and make rational decisions for themselves.

The saddest part is that these people often paid a lot of money to pre-order the game (possibly the deluxe edition), before they had a chance to know what the actual product would be. Whereas people buying it now are paying a lot less, and have numerous reviews / gameplay videos / free trials to base their opinion on. So really, who is acting more rationally?

I personally paid full price for the game, but only a week after launch, after I'd read reviews, opinions, and watched gameplay videos. And hey, guess what, I wasn't disappointed by my purchase, I got pretty much what I expected.

hardy83
11-19-2013, 07:01 AM
That made me lol hehe. On topic I really am looking forward to DLC 2. Granted I have not been here as long as some of you guys but I love the game just the same.

Too bad people don't have the same passions they have for video games, sports and other stupid crap like musicians etc as they do for politics.
The ONE thing you should honestly have the most concern about (politics) and barely anyone cares. They'd rather spend their whole day online arguing about a video game or defending a musician being with prostitutes or something.
Who cares if peoples rights are being stripped away. I REALLY dislike this video game!

crasher
11-19-2013, 07:35 AM
The saddest part is that these people often paid a lot of money to pre-order the game (possibly the deluxe edition), before they had a chance to know what the actual product would be. Whereas people buying it now are paying a lot less, and have numerous reviews / gameplay videos / free trials to base their opinion on. So really, who is acting more rationally?

I personally paid full price for the game, but only a week after launch, after I'd read reviews, opinions, and watched gameplay videos. And hey, guess what, I wasn't disappointed by my purchase, I got pretty much what I expected.
Dude:
You've been nothing but helpful to me since I first started to read you in the forum back at the dawn of time.
I respect you more than you know.
I have to differ here, just a little.

I too, got what I expected from a game that had been out in the market for general sale for 2-3 days.

I can honestly say I got what I expected for the first several weeks to a month.

That's pretty much when it veered off into 'We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto...' territory.

I believe that the average game purchaser assumes with certainty that a developer of a game of such scope (It's a fairly bold, ambitious, certainly beautiful game with some seriously cool-factor stuff the original dev's did) released with as much fanfare and backed by a simultaneous T.V. show would zoom.

I further believe that the average game purchaser in the next 2 months as well assumed as much even as the lack of company support shown by Trion was starting to wane.

Since then, it does seem like many of the people b1tching about the state the game is in care more about the game and where it seems to be going than the entire cadre (several people seem to still be left at Trion working on some aspect of DEFI) than Trion has/is invested in the game at present and for some time since June.

I mean, they wont even admit to having an Executive Producer anymore. They certainly haven't been able to find someone willing to put on the E.P. hat and be seen in public wearing the jekkin' title. Is it that much of a stigma at this point?

I think the rationality of 'waiting til a game has been tanked by the company and buying it anyway' is more a show of walking into the Halloween haunted house goaded by friends to see who is tougher, than any sort of 'Geez!! I WANT to be here more than anything!!1!!' sort of thing by this point.

Love the game.
I've said it before: If they pulled it back, spent some verifiable time/money/effort/skilled-devs-brainpower to get it smoothed off and developed, and then re-released it looking like they had a 'plan', I'd buy this b1tch again.

I love this game.

I don't see it happening, and I don't see them acting like this is a crash landing they hope/expect players to survive and come back for more. Sure, they'll drop the price to $2 at the discount rack on the counter of the 24 hour gas station hoping to wring those last few players out of the rag, but they aren't in any way showing they care what happens after you plunk down the purchasebux and have that first 2-3 weeks of buying bits to grab inventory slots/outfits/truck.

They have hordes of $5 Arkhunters flooding the place from Steam, and during that 'limited time to make that First Impression' that new people are here for the one/only chance they get to wow them - WHAT does Trion show them?
** General Steve.
** A non-functional chat/communication system.
** A generally non-functional help system to pat their bottoms and send them into the world with little more than a wave.
** Lagging servers.
** The middle of a situation where weapons are disappointing, loot suxor, no house-warming-boosts, and video artifacts on screen where NPCs disappear or float in the air.
And:
** A twitch stream showcasing 'TROVE' that cuts 15 minutes equally from the end of RIFT and the beginning of DEFI. While O/UT is manning the show, 'alone', and reading a canned response to about 1% of the persistent questions that are being asked by people with more DEFI game time than the devs.
** A cheating scandal that involves at it's core the ability of the company to control stuff in PvP without looking the other way.

I hope every day they decide to hire back some of the people we saw in the original promo vids... The game they were showcasing was amazing. But I don't see it happening.
The game those guys were allowed to get to this unfinished state before they were escorted from the building is disappointing. And to some degree, I'll bet that the majority of the time the current dev team is trying to figure out how to make sense of what the creating team was doing when they were tossed, and how to tie it all together now that the guys who had the 'Big Picture and Process in their heads' aren't there to tie it together anymore.

The creating team most likely left many things in the middle, and they were the guys who knew which strings led where in the program. You don't just walk in the Monday after the Friday-massacre with the back-up team and start writing code like you owned the place with any degree of success.

Have you filed a bug/problem ticket in the weeks before the latest influx of $5 Arkhunters over-ran the place? I (many, many of us) have. The one from the EL weekend still hasn't been answered, and they have 72 hours to look at the replay tape to figure stuff out.
They have more work bailing the boat than they can handle, and there don't seem to be enough people left who know how to plug the holes.

We have to wait HOW long for bug fixes to existing code to be released in the upcoming DLC that may/may-not be delayed an indefinite period, all the while waiting to play existing broken stuff?

I just wish I was playing the game they sold me.

ETA: I dont want my money back.
I want the game that I was planning on playing and continuing to spend money on, back.

Etaew
11-19-2013, 07:41 AM
Really well written :)

N3gativeCr33p
11-19-2013, 09:05 AM
I want the game that I was planning on playing and continuing to spend money on, back.

Couldn't agree more!

CRIXDA
11-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Crasher,
I completely agree with You on very much of You last post. I don't want my money back either - I want Defiance to live up to It's great potential and most of The Dawn Patrol does as well.
As easy as We all think many of the improvements and "fixes" would be to implement, I am sure that they aren't and I am constantly at the forefront, stressing PATIENCE and echoing the hopes of "soon" and "It is coming".
I also remember the last of repairs to the game that are supposed to occur before "Arkbreaker" drops and I am waiting for them as well as everyone else.
I know that a lot of Dawn Patrol Members are known as "Trion Fan-Boys" or "Trion White Knights" because of Our belief in This Game/Product and It's Potential, as well as the positive influence that THIS COMMUNITY can have on This Game when We partner with and give positive input to the Creative Team.
Regardless of the "Fan-Boy" image, We also hold Trion to a very serious standard of accountability when It comes to Defiance.
Like Crasher stated so eloquently; I, and most of The Dawn Patrol LOVE this b1tch.
There is so much about this game that is great but there can be so much more, some fixes would drastically improve what We have now even before We have new things.

Each of us appreciate the lines of communication that We have with Elizabeth and Trick, Greg and the Livestream each week.
It makes a difference, It truly does. All that We as Arkhunters want is a better world and a better interface, and the best that Defiance can be. I believe in Defiance, Defiance kicks the dog-$h1t out of Rift in my opinion.
So I am going to end with my usual :
GET INVOLVED, so Defiance can EVOLVE

hardy83
11-19-2013, 10:07 AM
On a side note, since it's past the half way point in November it would be nice to get an actual firm release date.
December is nice and all, but WHEN in December would be nicer.

They must have the date by now. lol

bigguy
11-19-2013, 10:28 AM
its the last week in november and its not even on the alpha server yet so that must mean the last week in december

ironcladtrash
11-19-2013, 10:58 AM
The post just says December it doesn't state what year.

Shadow Andreas
11-19-2013, 10:59 AM
On a side note, since it's past the half way point in November it would be nice to get an actual firm release date.
December is nice and all, but WHEN in December would be nicer.

They must have the date by now. lol

I was hoping to get a date last week, when my boss told me I had to put in for my 7.5 days of vacation I had left to take before the end of the year. It would have been nice to have that time playing with the new ArkFalls and stuff that is "yet to be announced" as Trion keeps saying (would be nice to know what the "other" stuff is too).

Chevota
11-19-2013, 11:10 AM
its the last week in november and its not even on the alpha server yet so that must mean the last week in december

Just because it isnt on Alpha, doesnt mean it cant come out the 1st week of December (dont hold your breathe though)... Alpha test was only 1 week if i recall correctly for DLC 1 testing... Someone who played Alpha DLC 1 would have to comment on how good that even worked out with de-bugging.

kendillin
11-19-2013, 11:33 AM
Fair points.

A Barrett 50 cal?
Does a sniper rifle that fires tagging beacons for an artillery strike classify as "conventional"?
Anyway...
It'd be nice if it came early in December. But it won't.
If it's anything like DLC1, between the patch, the flood of players on the servers, and the inevitable new bugs. It'll be a week before it's playable anyway. (Fanboi THAT B1tches!)

Etaew
11-19-2013, 11:33 AM
Just because it isnt on Alpha, doesnt mean it cant come out the 1st week of December (dont hold your breathe though)... Alpha test was only 1 week if i recall correctly for DLC 1 testing... Someone who played Alpha DLC 1 would have to comment on how good that even worked out with de-bugging.

Yes sadly it seemed that Alpha test bugs weren't really fixed for release and the server was only available briefly for DLC 1.

Tekrunner
11-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Yes sadly it seemed that Alpha test bugs weren't really fixed for release and the server was only available briefly for DLC 1.

Well they fixed a few reported bugs before release, and I guess that they got a head-start on fixing others afterwards. But yeah, I gave quite a bit of feedback during DLC alpha test and I'm not entirely sure what that was for. And of course some of the issues that were reported day 1 should have been very easy and fast to fix, but still aren't (seriously, why is there still no ammo box at the Lighthouse?)

crasher, I'm sorry you took my post as targeting you. I didn't mean to say that people shouldn't complain, or that there isn't any reason to complain. But there's a clear difference between someone reporting issues in a constructive manner, someone frustrated at Trion's way of handling things, and someone just going out of their way to be disruptive (by trolling, insulting, trying to scare off new players...). Laranja's post and mine target the third kind of people, of which you aren't.

And yes, I too wish that Trion would fix some things (right now I'm trying to think of the best way to make them acknowledge the "sliding lunge" problem with melee attacks on female models, because apparently they think that there's nothing wrong there) and I too can be frustrated with the wasted potential in some areas of the game (arenas could have been so much better...). But given how Defiance has one of best gameplay time / money invested ratio in my game library, I find it hard to get all riled up and demand that Trion fix things right now, or else. If they do improve things, then yay, if they don't, I'll either deal with it or move on to something else.

N3gativeCr33p
11-19-2013, 12:59 PM
GET INVOLVED, so Defiance can EVOLVE

Trying really hard, but it honestly still feels like all of it is falling on deaf ears.

Red Mephisto
11-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Too bad people don't have the same passions they have for video games, sports and other stupid crap like musicians etc as they do for politics.
The ONE thing you should honestly have the most concern about (politics) and barely anyone cares. !

that made me lol.

wtf cares about politics man? A bunch of lying thief's that steal from the common man, and lie to the top?

yeesssssss lets all discuss THAT!

lol, go somewhere else if your concerned about that.....not a video game forum.

crasher
11-19-2013, 01:13 PM
[snip]

crasher, I'm sorry you took my post as targeting you. I didn't mean to say that people shouldn't complain, or that there isn't any reason to complain. But there's a clear difference between someone reporting issues in a constructive manner, someone frustrated at Trion's way of handling things, and someone just going out of their way to be disruptive (by trolling, insulting, trying to scare off new players...). Laranja's post and mine target the third kind of people, of which you aren't.

And yes, I too wish that Trion would fix some things (right now I'm trying to think of the best way to make them acknowledge the "sliding lunge" problem with melee attacks on female models, because apparently they think that there's nothing wrong there) and I too can be frustrated with the wasted potential in some areas of the game (arenas could have been so much better...). But given how Defiance has one of best gameplay time / money invested ratio in my game library, I find it hard to get all riled up and demand that Trion fix things right now, or else. If they do improve things, then yay, if they don't, I'll either deal with it or move on to something else.Sir: I took no offense, I felt no target.
I responded personally for myself as I feel (as I'm sure you do) unqualified to represent the masses in anything other than a general way.
I agree that there are better ways to call attention to issues at times, and there are times when you start to get in the mud if plan 'A' is repeatedly ignored.
I further agree that trying to drive away new players is foolish and hateful, and is never my intention. But I want (new) players to get a fair shake at a good game, and who wish to find a home here and settle in.
I'm a 'one game at a time' player, and when I'm gone I'm gone for good. I like it here, I want to stay, and I want TRION to give others a reason to stay, and not just an invite to pass thru.
If I get to the point in a tirade where it seems I'm more antisocial than normal, I can (ungracefully) accept a reigning in.
You continue to have my highest regards.

Red Mephisto
11-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Dude:
You've been nothing but helpful to me since I first started to read you in the forum back at the dawn of time.
I respect you more than you know.

I too, got what I expected from a game that had been out in the market for general sale for 2-3 days.

I can honestly say I got what I expected for the first several weeks to a month.

That's pretty much when it veered off into 'We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto...' territory.

I believe that the average game purchaser assumes with certainty that a developer of a game of such scope (It's a fairly bold, ambitious, certainly beautiful game with some seriously cool-factor stuff the original dev's did) released with as much fanfare and backed by a simultaneous T.V. show would zoom.

I further believe that the average game purchaser in the next 2 months as well assumed as much even as the lack of company support shown by Trion was starting to wane.

Since then, it does seem like many of the people b1tching about the state the game is in care more about the game and where it seems to be going than the entire cadre (several people seem to still be left at Trion working on some aspect of DEFI) than Trion has/is invested in the game at present and for some time since June.

I mean, they wont even admit to having an Executive Producer anymore. They certainly haven't been able to find someone willing to put on the E.P. hat and be seen in public wearing the jekkin' title. Is it that much of a stigma at this point?

I think the rationality of 'waiting til a game has been tanked by the company and buying it anyway' is more a show of walking into the Halloween haunted house goaded by friends to see who is tougher, than any sort of 'Geez!! I WANT to be here more than anything!!1!!' sort of thing by this point.

Love the game.
I've said it before: If they pulled it back, spent some verifiable time/money/effort/skilled-devs-brainpower to get it smoothed off and developed, and then re-released it looking like they had a 'plan', I'd buy this b1tch again.

I love this game.

I don't see it happening, and I don't see them acting like this is a crash landing they hope/expect players to survive and come back for more. Sure, they'll drop the price to $2 at the discount rack on the counter of the 24 hour gas station hoping to wring those last few players out of the rag, but they aren't in any way showing they care what happens after you plunk down the purchasebux and have that first 2-3 weeks of buying bits to grab inventory slots/outfits/truck.

They have hordes of $5 Arkhunters flooding the place from Steam, and during that 'limited time to make that First Impression' that new people are here for the one/only chance they get to wow them - WHAT does Trion show them?
** General Steve.
** A non-functional chat/communication system.
** A generally non-functional help system to pat their bottoms and send them into the world with little more than a wave.
** Lagging servers.
** The middle of a situation where weapons are disappointing, loot suxor, no house-warming-boosts, and video artifacts on screen where NPCs disappear or float in the air.
And:
** A twitch stream showcasing 'TROVE' that cuts 15 minutes equally from the end of RIFT and the beginning of DEFI. While O/UT is manning the show, 'alone', and reading a canned response to about 1% of the persistent questions that are being asked by people with more DEFI game time than the devs.
** A cheating scandal that involves at it's core the ability of the company to control stuff in PvP without looking the other way.

I hope every day they decide to hire back some of the people we saw in the original promo vids... The game they were showcasing was amazing. But I don't see it happening.
The game those guys were allowed to get to this unfinished state before they were escorted from the building is disappointing. And to some degree, I'll bet that the majority of the time the current dev team is trying to figure out how to make sense of what the creating team was doing when they were tossed, and how to tie it all together now that the guys who had the 'Big Picture and Process in their heads' aren't there to tie it together anymore.

The creating team most likely left many things in the middle, and they were the guys who knew which strings led where in the program. You don't just walk in the Monday after the Friday-massacre with the back-up team and start writing code like you owned the place with any degree of success.

Have you filed a bug/problem ticket in the weeks before the latest influx of $5 Arkhunters over-ran the place? I (many, many of us) have. The one from the EL weekend still hasn't been answered, and they have 72 hours to look at the replay tape to figure stuff out.
They have more work bailing the boat than they can handle, and there don't seem to be enough people left who know how to plug the holes.

We have to wait HOW long for bug fixes to existing code to be released in the upcoming DLC that may/may-not be delayed an indefinite period, all the while waiting to play existing broken stuff?

I just wish I was playing the game they sold me.

Amazing post man.

I actually wasn't even aware about DEFI time getting cut to show of Trove.....that's really sad...

Can they just not spend a frickin WEEK and fix this game?? its like watching a ship of gold sink to the depths of the ocean.....such a good thing wasted.....

kendillin
11-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Amazing post man.

I actually wasn't even aware about DEFI time getting cut to show of Trove.....that's really sad...

Can they just not spend a frickin WEEK and fix this game?? its like watching a ship of gold sink to the depths of the ocean.....such a good thing wasted.....

It's kinda tragic, in a way.
I'm rooting for season 2 to raise popularity. ( not to mention developer population)

rebtattoo
11-19-2013, 02:36 PM
It's kinda tragic, in a way.
I'm rooting for season 2 to raise popularity. ( not to mention developer population)Agreed. Hopefully, it will.

I'm still a huge fan of the game. Hoping things'll get fixed. Looking forward to DLC 2.

I haven't played in just over a week. Please excuse my withdrawal. Can't wait to log in tonight!

dahanese
11-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Amazing post man.

We actually trimmed 15 minutes off both RIFT and Defiance to show Trove and for the next couple weeks we're going to keep that same schedule. We don't want the live streams to become epic marathons but want to make sure that we give a good chunk of time to the games that need it.

And we're not just spending a week fixing the game - we're finalizing Arkbreaker in tandem with the continuous quality of life changes we've been rolling out! :)

Red Mephisto
11-19-2013, 03:09 PM
We actually trimmed 15 minutes off both RIFT and Defiance to show Trove and for the next couple weeks we're going to keep that same schedule. We don't want the live streams to become epic marathons but want to make sure that we give a good chunk of time to the games that need it.

And we're not just spending a week fixing the game - we're finalizing Arkbreaker in tandem with the continuous quality of life changes we've been rolling out! :)

I will suck a mean toe if that happens....and I have been known to suck a toe..

hahah but for real, that is awesome to hear, Confirmation from you that things are still on track/being worked on is a huge happy feeling for Defiance.

As I have always sad, we only care, because we love.

Zugo
11-19-2013, 03:14 PM
I will suck a mean toe if that happens....and I have been known to suck a toe..

hahah but for real, that is awesome to hear, Confirmation from you that things are still on track/being worked on is a huge happy feeling for Defiance.

As I have always sad, we only care, because we love.

Well you're lucky there's only one Angry toe, the other are indifferent.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-y8rCARbrTrE/Tm5k1CZfScI/AAAAAAAAAEo/gc4vf4N0aN8/s1600/angry_toes_by_palostable-d3ho4ea.jpg

Vasvyll
11-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Ehm, they said that they are taking more time before DLC relase because of player feedbacks that prefered the live game fixs. W8 and don't be so negative, in future you will se what they will do!

Red Mephisto
11-19-2013, 03:23 PM
Well you're lucky there's only one Angry toe, the other are indifferent.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-y8rCARbrTrE/Tm5k1CZfScI/AAAAAAAAAEo/gc4vf4N0aN8/s1600/angry_toes_by_palostable-d3ho4ea.jpg

omg that's the meanest toe I have seen to date....

I may regret my words after that sucking...lose half my face....

Atticus Batman
11-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Trying really hard, but it honestly still feels like all of it is falling on deaf ears.

Agreed with that Creep. Guess that is why I am a Dark Knight, and not a White Knight.

yue
11-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Wait a second ............. R u guys serious ............. Ur putting out another game ???????????????????? I know ima get a infraction for this but . Y the hell r u putting out another game while defiance is still in the beta stage ? Y the hell don't u actually fix this game before u try to make another game ?????? Makes no sense . I mean it's always been obvious that we r ur beta testers but I always thought that it would get fixed one day . Now ur time and lack of tallent is gonna b split again ? Not a very smart move . I can keep raging about this but what's the point obviously u guys don't give a dam so y should I

Maixx
11-19-2013, 04:32 PM
Ehm, they said that they are taking more time before DLC relase because of player feedbacks that prefered the live game fixs. W8 and don't be so negative, in future you will se what they will do!
W8? We have been waiting since launch for this game to get fixed.
You realize this mess has been out since April?
That majority of the fixes are partial and more often then not break other things?

Take 1.105 for example:
Partial: none of the rep vendor gear was fixed in the patch, none of the quest reward gear was fixed in the patch, none of the existing gear was fixed.
Things 1.105 broke: see 1.106, 1.107 and the things like mods in the matrix yet to be fixed.

And that's just the most recent patch.

Arsenic_Touch
11-19-2013, 04:33 PM

....no they didn't.

N3gativeCr33p
11-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Agreed with that Creep. Guess that is why I am a Dark Knight, and not a White Knight.

But... that's what makes you... you.

Overtkill21
11-19-2013, 05:43 PM
With Trion's history of breaking the game with each and every patch (and the one DLC) I'd say their choice of title for this DLC was less than fully reasoned...

hardy83
11-19-2013, 05:53 PM
With Trion's history of breaking the game with each and every patch (and the one DLC) I'd say their choice of title for this DLC was less than fully reasoned...

Pfffft, this game is miles better than the state it was in since launch. The game does not "break" after each patch.
Do you even remember launch? I was able to play the game but it had so many problems. lol

Overtkill21
11-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Pfffft, this game is miles better than the state it was in since launch. The game does not "break" after each patch.
Do you even remember launch? I was able to play the game but it had so many problems. lol

So, are you on PS3? No?

Then you don't remember the launch that I do, nor do you experience the game that I do.

As far as whether the game "breaks" after patches; if not please tell me then why I have been entirely unable to play after more than one of their "patches"? Y'know until the patch to fix the patch...LOL

Tigercml
11-19-2013, 06:14 PM
Hey Trion, do you think you can properly test the DLC on the PS3 this time so we can actually get it when everyone else does. I have a feeling PS3 players won't get it until January.

Bonehead
11-20-2013, 01:11 AM

I've been thinking that since they made the title public.

Bonehead
11-20-2013, 01:14 AM
So, are you on PS3? No?

Then you don't remember the launch that I do, nor do you experience the game that I do.

As far as whether the game "breaks" after patches; if not please tell me then why I have been entirely unable to play after more than one of their "patches"? Y'know until the patch to fix the patch...LOL

Seems like every time on every platform to one extent or another. It took them a couple of weeks to get the dlc goodies to every one that had them coming on pc/na for dlc1 and I do not know why anybody would still be playing this game on ps3.

Red Mephisto
11-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Seems like every time on every platform to one extent or another. It took them a couple of weeks to get the dlc goodies to every one that had them coming on pc/na for dlc1 and I do not know why anybody would still be playing this game on ps3.

As much as I love the game, I would have given up if I was on Ps3.

I feel for them, I do. The amount of posts about problems is INSANE.

And they wont delay DLC people, there was a reason they waited SOOO long to announce, and its because they wanted to make sure its ready.

Can you imagine, if it DID get delayed??? wow...............

hardy83
11-20-2013, 09:02 AM
So, are you on PS3? No?

Yeah, sorry, I should've stated what system I was using given this game.
I'm on PC. No I have no idea what 360 and PS3 users have to deal with, but the PS3 does seem to be the worst of them.

So my opinion is that the PC version has taken huge strides in improving.

Gomly
11-20-2013, 09:17 AM
....no they didn't.

Oh yes they did.

Disclaimer - I don't actually know if they did or not but felt a pantomime answer was needed in this thread.

And on that note ..... He's behind you.

Zugo
11-20-2013, 09:35 AM
He's right, I see it too.

N3gativeCr33p
11-21-2013, 01:14 PM
Haley Joel Osment sees it too... :)

http://randomoverload.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/74f7bfde6filight1.jpg1.jpg

Smitch
11-21-2013, 02:18 PM
December 10th release. :D
https://twitter.com/DefianceGame/status/403632779994214400