PDA

View Full Version : New races

Khendras
10-30-2013, 01:34 AM
Hi,

If you put a new content, and allow us to buy new races, then we need the option to free change our actual race to new pack's races. I don't like start one time an other time from begining of game.

Thanks !

Kaiselius
10-30-2013, 03:10 AM
Hi,

If you put a new content, and allow us to buy new races, then we need the option to free change our actual race to new pack's races. I don't like start one time an other time from begining of game.

Thanks !

The character creation redo is available in the shop last time I checked. You also get a free one with the castithan charge pack.

Escyos
10-30-2013, 03:22 AM
The only other races we could possibly get could be the Sensoth or Liberata, but then we'd have problems with height differences with game mechanics and so forth. We won't be getting Indogene, Gulanee or Volge.

Clarity Page
10-30-2013, 03:27 AM
The only other races we could possibly get could be the Sensoth or Liberata, but then we'd have problems with height differences with game mechanics and so forth. We won't be getting Indogene, Gulanee or Volge.
Indogene could work since they are humanoid shaped and similar in height (might need to plot tweak the intro to make more sense), Liberata would definitely have some animation/height problems

Beck
10-30-2013, 03:29 AM
Hi,

Thanks !

The only new race you are likely going to see is the Castithans. There are no plans to add additional races at this time and good reasons for it.

Lore: The only other race that is close in physical appearance is the Indogene, however there are not very may of the them and they are not warriors, they are mostly scientists, Doctors and Engineers. Many are still on board Arc Ships maintaining what systems are left in what ships were not completely destroyed in the creation of the Ark belt.

Gulanee are even more rare and are not not physical beings. They would be over powered compared to the other races.

Now for the Liberata and the Sensoths, they have some other issues. Sure there are a lot of them around, more Liberata than Sensoths, they live a long time so tend not to breed as much. Their unlikely to be in the game because of their size. Sensoths are nearly double the size of the other races. This means a larger hit box. Easier to target and to kill, they would have the advantage of being able to run faster and further and undetected for decades while hiding in forested mountain areas but there are no forests in Defiance.

Liberata are a lot smaller, smaller hit box, harder to hit. In PvP they would be the most popular class.

Now they could compensate for the differences in size with health and shield ratios and recharge rates. A Sensoth could be seen as a tank and a Liberata as DPS but since there are no classes in Defiance what would be the point? You can't even group to kill a boss anyway unless it is on a co-op map.

You will have a long time before you need to worry about rolling a new character and by then you likely will have forgotten the original content and will enjoy playing it again with a new race. Though at this rate I do think we will see a new race before we see any real new content.