PDA

View Full Version : HOTSHOT: Desperate Times, impossible score?

DaveyBoy
10-30-2013, 06:44 AM
Hi,

I have just noticed that the first place score on Hotshot: Desperate times is 55 Million+.
Can someone shed some light on how a player can score such a high score with limited ammo?

Thanks.
DavyBoy

Arsenic_Touch
10-30-2013, 07:04 AM
They glitched it. Happens with a lot of the rampages.

N3gativeCr33p
10-30-2013, 07:08 AM
When it comes to rampages, I just concern myself with notching a silver or gold. Those inflated scores that are posted by other people are pretty much meaningless to me.

bigguy
10-30-2013, 07:35 AM
what do you mean they glitched it

Arsenic_Touch
10-30-2013, 07:40 AM
A lot of the rampages glitch and allow you to use your own weapons and ego abilities and you can get very high scores this way.

Deunan
10-30-2013, 12:22 PM
A lot of the rampages glitch and allow you to use your own weapons and ego abilities and you can get very high scores this way.I thought they patched those several months ago. It's also possible they're using a third party program.

Gale Klarnm
10-30-2013, 12:43 PM
It might be harder but you can still glitch them. I finally got around to grinding out all the get a silver or gold on such n such pursuits and had one where I wasn't even trying to glitch get messed up and I had access to my own guns and abilities. So I'm not sure exactly how I did it but I'd wager someone who was looking to glitch wouldn't have a hard time finding another work around to whatever patch they did put in.

Kaiselius
10-30-2013, 01:13 PM
I thought they patched those several months ago. It's also possible they're using a third party program.

can still happen, just can't be done on demand anymore. getting switched to my SAW was the only way I could beat that chicken one...

Atticus Batman
10-30-2013, 01:15 PM
It might be harder but you can still glitch them. I finally got around to grinding out all the get a silver or gold on such n such pursuits and had one where I wasn't even trying to glitch get messed up and I had access to my own guns and abilities. So I'm not sure exactly how I did it but I'd wager someone who was looking to glitch wouldn't have a hard time finding another work around to whatever patch they did put in.

It sometimes still happens. SOmetimes if I am reloading as the time ends/mission fails, it allows me to continue doing it with my own ammo and powers. Personally, I find it annoying and just start it over and don't purposely use the glitch. But Resevoir Chickens is REALLY starting to piss me off! How can people do it without glitching?!

Steel Fire
10-30-2013, 06:01 PM
It sometimes still happens. SOmetimes if I am reloading as the time ends/mission fails, it allows me to continue doing it with my own ammo and powers. Personally, I find it annoying and just start it over and don't purposely use the glitch. But Resevoir Chickens is REALLY starting to piss me off! How can people do it without glitching?!
I didn't find reservoir Chickens difficult at all. Once I did it a couple times and figured out hitting the farmers with bullets was a bad thing (reduced your score), I went from no trophy straight to gold.

N3gativeCr33p
10-31-2013, 05:20 AM
But Resevoir Chickens is REALLY starting to piss me off! How can people do it without glitching?!

There's a pattern to the chicken's spawning where you can just sit crouched in the middle of the area, and pick them off with a handgun. Easy gold medal.

ColeJones
10-31-2013, 05:39 AM
I didn't find reservoir Chickens difficult at all. Once I did it a couple times and figured out hitting the farmers with bullets was a bad thing (reduced your score), I went from no trophy straight to gold.

To bad it requires a Silver medle to get. What idiot thought that was a good idea? It should be silver or better

Shogo_Yahagi
10-31-2013, 08:52 AM
To bad it requires a Silver medle to get. What idiot thought that was a good idea? It should be silver or better
It's been a long time, but I think I completed it by getting gold. If the pursuit doesn't complete for you by getting a gold, just do the same thing again, but watch the trophies below your score and when you get to silver, fire into the air until you run out of ammo.

Steel Fire
10-31-2013, 09:41 AM
It's been a long time, but I think I completed it by getting gold. If the pursuit doesn't complete for you by getting a gold, just do the same thing again, but watch the trophies below your score and when you get to silver, fire into the air until you run out of ammo.
Was thinking the exact same thing. Pretty sure that box is checked and if not, it's not like getting silver would be hard if you can get gold. :P

Milkandcookies
10-31-2013, 03:15 PM
They glitched it. Happens with a lot of the rampages.
What I don't get is why do people waste there time glitching rampages when there is no use to it. Like seriously, what's the point in getting that high of a score if not that many people will see and if people see it, 98% of the people won't give 2 [please insert censored word here] about it. To me that's just wasting 1+hours on a pointless achievement of getting 55million in a rampage.

Arsenic_Touch
10-31-2013, 03:43 PM
What I don't get is why do people waste there time glitching rampages when there is no use to it. Like seriously, what's the point in getting that high of a score if not that many people will see and if people see it, 98% of the people won't give 2 [please insert censored word here] about it. To me that's just wasting 1+hours on a pointless achievement of getting 55million in a rampage.

Not all of the glitches were intentionally caused. There have been quite a few times where I was doing a rampage and didn't even realize I swapped to my own gun.

Milkandcookies
10-31-2013, 06:09 PM
Not all of the glitches were intentionally caused. There have been quite a few times where I was doing a rampage and didn't even realize I swapped to my own gun.
That's not what I meant. What I meant was spending a hour+ just to get 1st place in that rampage. What's the point of it if no one will care about it (maybe just 1-10 people but that still seems like nobody). No reason to waste a hour+ of your life on getting 55million points on a rampage. You could be doing something more productive with that amount of time. Even I could do something else than talk in the forums, but at least my comments are affecting how people play this game and how they reflect from it and am doing this for more than 10 people; am doing this for everyone that reads the forums.