PDA

View Full Version : dear trion:questions about extralife

bigguy
10-31-2013, 08:36 AM
im very happy to be involved in extralife raising money for charity , i will not be able to access the livestream while im participating in the gaming marathon and from what i have heard the special vendor will be available during the livestream can you please tell me where? , and also i was wondering is there another way you can give us the multi use codes besides through the livestream? , any help would be greatly apreciated thanks

bigguy
10-31-2013, 09:32 AM
a little help please

bigguy
10-31-2013, 11:09 AM
i dont suppose someone from trion could give me some kind of info , or direct me to the right place for some info

bigguy
11-01-2013, 06:48 AM
seriously noone can at least tell me anything really any response please

SSlarg
11-01-2013, 06:55 AM
all I can tell you is it's starting on Nov 2nd from what I have read.
but I'd like to have more info too!! keep up the good work Bigguy!

N3gativeCr33p
11-01-2013, 07:08 AM
I'll say one thing... I wish I knew that we would have to play an hour of Rift just to qualify for some in-game rewards before I signed up and gathered more than $200 in donations from friends and family.

I'm not a big fan of all the Rift shtako they keep trying to cram down my proverbial throat. I'm just sick of it, and if I want to play a game like that I already have a copy of Skyrim.

bigguy
11-01-2013, 07:12 AM
hey creep what in game rewards are you talking about

N3gativeCr33p
11-01-2013, 07:13 AM
hey creep what in game rewards are you talking about

The marathon themed in-game titles, and stuff like that. Read the stickied thread and see it with your own eyes.

Shadow Andreas
11-01-2013, 08:04 AM
The marathon themed in-game titles, and stuff like that. Read the stickied thread and see it with your own eyes.

Cr33p....this is from Dahanese's first post in there

Unique Titles

Everyone who participates will receive the title “The Charitable”, and players who clock 25 hours of game time in Defiance and/or RIFT over the weekend will receive an additional unique in-game title.

First time at Extra Life? You’ll become “The Insomniac”
Joining us for a second time? You can rock the “Sleepless” prefix.
This your third year gaming with Trion? “The Committed” is our new suffix title for 2013.

N3gativeCr33p
11-01-2013, 08:22 AM
Cr33p....this is from Dahanese's first post in there

Unique Titles

Everyone who participates will receive the title “The Charitable”, and players who clock 25 hours of game time in Defiance and/or RIFT over the weekend will receive an additional unique in-game title.

First time at Extra Life? You’ll become “The Insomniac”
Joining us for a second time? You can rock the “Sleepless” prefix.
This your third year gaming with Trion? “The Committed” is our new suffix title for 2013.

So then, I need this post deciphered because it doesn't sound so cut and dry, in my opinion...

To clarify as well for everyone:
On one of the past livestreams, Dahanese indicated that to get the marathon awards this weekend, you need to play at least 1 hour from each game (Rift and Defiance), then 24 hours of either game (or whatever combination of time works for you) - but the key is that you need to put in 1 hour of Rift and 1 hour of Defiance each during the weekend.

i.e. - you play 1 hour of Rift and 24 hours of Defiance = Qualify
i.e. - you play 1 hour of Defiance and 24 hours of Rift = Qualify
i.e. - you play 12 hours of Rift and 13 hours of Defiance = Qualify
i.e. - you play 25 hours of Rift = does not Qualify
i.e. - you play 25 hours of Defiance = does not Qualify

If this post is accurate, all 25 hours spent with Defiance will be for nothing. And if that's really the truth, that might as well be the death nail for me after the weekend is up.

BJWyler
11-01-2013, 08:36 AM
I'm going to go back an rewatch the last couple of streams just to make sure what I heard was correct. If I did misinterpret what they were talking about, I will be sure to update the sticky. If I don't find the relevant parts before today's livestream, I will be sure to ask for clarification just so we all are on the same page with what's going on for the weekend.

In the mean time, if Greg or Trick can give us a confirmation (or denial), that would be helpful!

Shadow Andreas
11-01-2013, 08:43 AM
I'm going to go back an rewatch the last couple of streams just to make sure what I heard was correct. If I did misinterpret what they were talking about, I will be sure to update the sticky. If I don't find the relevant parts before today's livestream, I will be sure to ask for clarification just so we all are on the same page with what's going on for the weekend.

In the mean time, if Greg or Trick can give us a confirmation (or denial), that would be helpful!

I don't think there is a live stream today....I believe they are busy setting up for Extra Life and Dahanese doesn't get back from her vacation until tomorrow morning I believe.

If someone at Trion could respond to the concerns about time in game that would be really great.

bigguy
11-01-2013, 09:14 AM
this would be really messed up if they are trying to force us to play rift to get the title , we are doing a good thing for children they should give us the title just for raising the money no requirements

Shadow Andreas
11-01-2013, 09:29 AM
this would be really messed up if they are trying to force us to play rift to get the title , we are doing a good thing for children they should give us the title just for raising the money no requirements

What I posted above to Cr33p is in the main thread and the blogs. I believe what was said is that if you want the titles in both games (if you play both).....you would have to play at least an hour in each one. It wouldn't make any sense to have the Rift community play Defiance to get their titles in Rift....and visa versa for the Defiance community.

Kaiselius
11-01-2013, 09:36 AM
So then, I need this post deciphered because it doesn't sound so cut and dry, in my opinion...

If this post is accurate, all 25 hours spent with Defiance will be for nothing. And if that's really the truth, that might as well be the death nail for me after the weekend is up.

I think the person you are quoting missunderstood her. What she ment was, if you want the title in both games, That while you don't need to pull 25 hours in both games during the weekend('cus, baring multiple systems running at the same time, that would be impossible), you can go ahead and do 25 hours in one game. You just need to put in a minimum of one hour to get the title in the other game.
So if you spend 25 hours in Defiance, you get your title. If you then want the title in Rift, you only need to pull a single hour in it rather than the full 25 to get the title in that game as well. You aren't required to play the other game if you want the title in just one.

N3gativeCr33p
11-01-2013, 10:39 AM
You aren't required to play the other game if you want the title in just one.

I certainly hope you're correct, because it makes the most sense out of all that I've heard so far today.

Bentu
11-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Well I can't play rift as I don't have a computer so one would assume that what Shadow said is the case.

Sliverbaer
11-01-2013, 11:38 AM
If this post is accurate

I'm finding this to be very amusing for some reason.

BJWyler
11-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Yes, indeed. I went back to last week's live stream to confirm or deny what I thought dahanese said:

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/473442747

The conversation takes place right around 1 hour 50 minutes.

Kaiselius is correct, I had misunderstood what dahanese was saying, and it makes sense now that I listened to it again.

If we want the rewards in BOTH games, 1 hour minimum is necessary in both, with a total combined 25 hours. If you only care about the Defiance rewards (or vice versa for Rift), you need only put the full 25 hours in Defiance (or Rift as the case may be). Sorry for the confusion guys - I should have gone back over the livestream first, but was pretty sure I understood correctly, and wanted to get the info out for those who may not have known about it. My bad :{.

N3gativeCr33p
11-01-2013, 12:21 PM
I'm finding this to be very amusing for some reason.

How so, champ?