PDA

View Full Version : Extra Life Event, Little Love for Defiance

OverDoneOne
11-04-2013, 07:02 AM
Yeah I was there from the start and sat thru the minor snafu's. Such as them blowing a fuse which surprised me since the one that setup all the equipment actually knew what a volt/ohm meter was, but didn't have the foresight to realize that much equipment could and would blow a fuse.

Anyways when they did get going they all played the heck out of rift, which is understandable since rift had boosts and buffs running for the event and none of them were lvl 60. So yeah I probelly would have done the same thing to get all I could while the getting was good.

What was bad thou was after some of us complained about them not playing Defiance they finally had one player go and play Defiance while the other 3 played rift and that's how it went thru out the event. Now you would think to be fair to Defiance and rift that they would have had two players per game playing at all times and switched the back and forth between Defiance and rift just so they could all get the benefit of the boosts and buffs.

I even told them that if they all played Defiance I would donate more money even thou I have already reached my goal of $150.00 but not even that would sway them from rift.

I really don't care about it all Because it was a charity event and what was important was that the kids got the money. I am just concerned that Defiance got slighted that way.

N3gativeCr33p
11-04-2013, 07:05 AM
Yeah, I heard about this... can't really say that I'm overly surprised, though. Makes me wish that one of us could've live streamed the Dawn Patrol death march, it was 15:15:15's worth of hilarity.

Kaiselius
11-04-2013, 07:19 AM
They did livestream the deathmarch. And, at least for awhile Trick was playing Defiance with them. But yea, wish they had shown more of it. Especially since most of the stuff they showed on rift was just a static camera angle with a ton of people jumping/dancing in a single spot rather than actually doing anything.

N3gativeCr33p
11-04-2013, 07:22 AM
They did livestream the deathmarch. And, at least for awhile Trick was playing Defiance with them. But yea, wish they had shown more of it.

Oh, then I was there for some of that. Sexy time!

What I really meant was for one of us in the Dawn Patrol clan to have been live streaming all 15 hours of our march across Paradise. (I got lazy and never got around to setting up a stream.)

Sliverbaer
11-04-2013, 07:35 AM
Um, they streamed 'a' Deathmarch, on PC. They were going to join Dawn Patrol, but finally realized that you guys were on XBOX 360 and not PC. So Dahanese started her own. We only did a small loop. (Props for going over 15 hours of a Deathmarch!)

They did have someone playing Defiance at one time, but nothing organized. You did see Dahanese try to fight Blackleg Joe right? Right??? hahahahaha.

(Streaming on console requires a PVR connected somehow to a PC or a webcam pointed at the TV, been meaning to buy a PVR...but they aren't cheap.)

I had a good time, even if in Rift I couldn't join in pretty much anything they were doing.

EDIT: Oh and I think Trick was only playing on XBOX 360 not on PC....I think...

N3gativeCr33p
11-04-2013, 08:10 AM
They did have someone playing Defiance at one time, but nothing organized. You did see Dahanese try to fight Blackleg Joe right? Right??? hahahahaha.

Yeah, that was the one part of their webcast that I was able to see over the course of the marathon... it kept me laughing just long enough to help keep me awake for a few more hours. It was cute watching dahanese fight him.

(Streaming on console requires a PVR connected somehow to a PC or a webcam pointed at the TV, been meaning to buy a PVR...but they aren't cheap.)

Good to know... I already own a PVR, just didn't have it all set up before the weekend. :(

Ed_Hazard
11-04-2013, 08:34 AM
Um, they streamed 'a' Deathmarch, on PC. They were going to join Dawn Patrol, but finally realized that you guys were on XBOX 360 and not PC. So Dahanese started her own. We only did a small loop. (Props for going over 15 hours of a Deathmarch!)

I had a good time, even if in Rift I couldn't join in pretty much anything they were doing.

EDIT: Oh and I think Trick was only playing on XBOX 360 not on PC....I think...

Yeah and it was painfully obvious t was her first time ever in that fight. Did not know one thing about how to approach the fight at all. At another time during her brief foray into defiance, she needed to be told that the way to get rid of Poop shoes was to roll.:rolleyes:

3rdpig
11-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Rift is their baby, their first child who's an absolute angel. Defiance is the red headed step son who does nothing but cause them trouble.

Chevota
11-04-2013, 09:46 AM
I think its more of the fact they can do things on Rift Pc they just cant do on Defiance Consoles... Like PvP, and play, and Co-op, and Play, and get Loot, and play, and join groups, and play.... See what im getting at?

Z0mb1E
11-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Yeah I was there from the start and sat thru the minor snafu's. Such as them blowing a fuse which surprised me since the one that setup all the equipment actually knew what a volt/ohm meter was, but didn't have the foresight to realize that much equipment could and would blow a fuse.

Anyways when they did get going they all played the heck out of rift, which is understandable since rift had boosts and buffs running for the event and none of them were lvl 60. So yeah I probelly would have done the same thing to get all I could while the getting was good.

What was bad thou was after some of us complained about them not playing Defiance they finally had one player go and play Defiance while the other 3 played rift and that's how it went thru out the event. Now you would think to be fair to Defiance and rift that they would have had two players per game playing at all times and switched the back and forth between Defiance and rift just so they could all get the benefit of the boosts and buffs.

I even told them that if they all played Defiance I would donate more money even thou I have already reached my goal of $150.00 but not even that would sway them from rift.

I really don't care about it all Because it was a charity event and what was important was that the kids got the money. I am just concerned that Defiance got slighted that way.

I echo all of this sentiment.
Plenty of defiance players were rolling out at 9am, they didn't even seem to be quite awake by then. They weren't really set up.

There was not much emphasis put on defiance, we didn't even get a hint the event was going on for us until 3PM (when we got our first vendor roll out). I think we got our first code around 8pm. I felt the defiance community was vastly overlooked.

That speaks volumes to me about where there priorities are.

Z0mb1E
11-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Honestly what was up with the server reboots around 3AM? Ultimately that's what stopped my evening. After being plugged into defiance for 20 hours straight they wanted to bring the servers down (on an event day like today for WHAT??!?!?!?!?).

OverDoneOne
11-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Rift is their baby, their first child who's an absolute angle. Defiance is the red headed step son who does nothing but cause them trouble.

Yeah you got that right, the only thing that saved me for the event was that a couple friends called and said that Bliz was doing a Diablo extra life event and so I went there and played with them since I have a lvl 60/84 there and Bliz was there in force with all kinds of surprizes and goodies and since I knew that before the event was over that I was going to donate $500.00 total. I gave one friend $150.00 to meet his goal and each of my other two friends $100.00 a piece.

Yeah all together I donated $550.00 $150.00 thru trion and $350.00 thru Bliz, I told trion I would donate more to them if they all just played Defiance together for a bit, but that never happened. But it was a happy ending for Extra Life anyways since they did get the my extra donations thru Bliz

BTW Every so often all thru the twitch stream I was tellin the trion people that their viewer rating was dropping (an dropin it was, started at well over 2k and hit about 1k when I left for Diablo) and that perhaps they should all play Defiance and that didn't even phase them.

dahanese
11-04-2013, 10:11 AM
Yeah and it was painfully obvious t was her first time ever in that fight. Did not know one thing about how to approach the fight at all. At another time during her brief foray into defiance, she needed to be told that the way to get rid of Poop shoes was to roll.:rolleyes:

I wanted to KILL Greg during that situation.

I don't know if you could see it during the stream but I bind my left ring and pinkie finger together. I have nerve damage in my hand and can't use specific keys. I sometimes rebind keys but usually I have the really bad habit of just playing without some of them. You might notice I almost never crouch, too - it's because it's pretty difficult for me to hit those keys. I'm kind of embarrassed by this so I was trying not to say it. Greg was making me feel really stupid. :P

I'm sorry I was so awful with that fight. If you watched the late night RIFT dungeon run, I was a terrible tank there, too. I would never recommend you put me on your pro team, but I also shouldn't play those kinds of games when I'm pushing no sleep for 30 hours.

I hope some of you enjoyed it. :P

dahanese
11-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Yeah you got that right, the only thing that saved me for the event was that a couple friends called and said that Bliz was doing a Diablo extra life event and so I went there and played with them since I have a lvl 60/84 there and Bliz was there in force with all kinds of surprizes and goodies and since I knew that before the event was over that I was going to donate $500.00 total. I gave one friend $150.00 to meet his goal and each of my other two friends $100.00 a piece.

Yeah all together I donated $550.00 $150.00 thru trion and $350.00 thru Bliz, I told trion I would donate more to them if they all just played Defiance together for a bit, but that never happened. But it was a happy ending for Extra Life anyways since they did get the my extra donations thru Bliz

BTW Every so often all thru the twitch stream I was tellin the trion people that their viewer rating was dropping (an dropin it was, started at well over 2k and hit about 1k when I left for Diablo) and that perhaps they should all play Defiance and that didn't even phase them.

Sorry if we missed any of your comments. None of us were reading chat super reliably.

I think Deb and I played the most Defiance far and away - we didn't play together a ton because we were all doing a lot of things (Greg had a ton of fan-created RIFT events to host which took way more time than he anticipated - a great thing to remember for next year).

I'd love to get feedback from you guys on what you'd like to see more of next year because we're going to start planning and I'd love to know what you liked the most and what you wished you'd seen. Playing dungeons together seems a must. Same with a longer death march! (I also want to apologize to DP for missing theirs!)

OverDoneOne
11-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Sorry if we missed any of your comments. None of us were reading chat super reliably.

I think Deb and I played the most Defiance far and away - we didn't play together a ton because we were all doing a lot of things (Greg had a ton of fan-created RIFT events to host which took way more time than he anticipated - a great thing to remember for next year).

I'd love to get feedback from you guys on what you'd like to see more of next year because we're going to start planning and I'd love to know what you liked the most and what you wished you'd seen. Playing dungeons together seems a must. Same with a longer death march! (I also want to apologize to DP for missing theirs!)

You were all fine but playing duties between Defiance and rift should have been split with 2 playing each game at all times.

BTW Greg owes me a roll of paper towels and some windex because when you first dropped live stream and came back and he said he blew a fuse I spat coffee all over my monitor because of laughing so hard LOL

dahanese
11-04-2013, 10:24 AM
You were all fine but playing duties between Defiance and rift should have been split with 2 playing each game at all times.

BTW Greg owes me a roll of paper towels and some windex because when you first dropped live stream and came back and he said he blew a fuse I spat coffee all over my monitor because of laughing so hard LOL

Oh! So, just so you understand - only 3 people were "on duty" - that third person was Greg's wife. I don't get to tell her what to do. It was her house, that's why she was there. :)

And sorry about the fuse thing, too. He was so pissed. I think he calculated wrong and he was so embarrassed when we were down. I had to tell him that we were running way more smoothly than the year before when he had an IT team to help him set up, so he shouldn't beat himself up so bad.

Z0mb1E
11-04-2013, 10:25 AM

In reference to this
"(Greg had a ton of fan-created RIFT events to host which took way more time than he anticipated - a great thing to remember for next year). "

I think this is great, but was there a thread sent out prior to the extra life event asking your own Defiance community to come up with some things of our own?

Zugo
11-04-2013, 10:25 AM

I missed a good deal of it also due to inlaw wedding plans, but Trick did show up and was there all the way to Iron Demon.

As I mentioned in the DP Death March thread, it would be great to coordinate with groups on the other platforms so that we have a unified event.

dahanese
11-04-2013, 10:26 AM
In reference to this
"(Greg had a ton of fan-created RIFT events to host which took way more time than he anticipated - a great thing to remember for next year). "

I think this is great, but was there a thread sent out prior to the extra life event asking your own Defiance community to come up with some things of our own?

No, I don't think so! I have to confirm but I believe Greg was contacted by those people - I actually didn't even know about the events till I showed up. I'm taking applications for next year. :)

Amack
11-04-2013, 10:29 AM
No need for any embarrassment Daha, the fight with jackleg joe had almost everyone I've talked to smiling. We were not laughing at you, we were laughing with you, even if you were not laughing.

Shadow Andreas
11-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Same with a longer death march! (I also want to apologize to DP for missing theirs!)

Thanks for the mention during your live stream and trying to meet up with us!!!! Next year have an Xbox set up and you guys can run and gun with us for a few. :)

OverDoneOne
11-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Oh! So, just so you understand - only 3 people were "on duty" - that third person was Greg's wife. I don't get to tell her what to do. It was her house, that's why she was there. :)

And sorry about the fuse thing, too. He was so pissed. I think he calculated wrong and he was so embarrassed when we were down. I had to tell him that we were running way more smoothly than the year before when he had an IT team to help him set up, so he shouldn't beat himself up so bad.

There ya go Greg's wife was playing rift and Greg was locked into rift because of his events. So those two are playing rift and you and the other person play Defiance and then the game playing is balanced.

But an interesting point you brought up is that Greg setup events for rift but none were setup for Defiance and that's just another way Defiance was short changed in the event. Whats done is done and hopefully next year you will have it planed out better for all those involved.

dahanese
11-04-2013, 11:56 AM
There ya go Greg's wife was playing rift and Greg was locked into rift because of his events. So those two are playing rift and you and the other person play Defiance and then the game playing is balanced.

But an interesting point you brought up is that Greg setup events for rift but none were setup for Defiance and that's just another way Defiance was short changed in the event. Whats done is done and hopefully next year you will have it planed out better for all those involved.

If you'd written Greg with an idea, he'd have included it. That's how all the RIFT events happened. :) Totally going to have that happen next year, I'm sure!

dahanese
11-04-2013, 11:57 AM
No need for any embarrassment Daha, the fight with jackleg joe had almost everyone I've talked to smiling. We were not laughing at you, we were laughing with you, even if you were not laughing.

I totally would have laughed if I hadn't been so damned tired. :P Also I talked to Trick about that encounter this morning and we both agree he's a bugger.

Z0mb1E
11-04-2013, 12:06 PM
If you'd written Greg with an idea, he'd have included it. That's how all the RIFT events happened. :) Totally going to have that happen next year, I'm sure!

Make note of this next year defiance players......come up with some EVENTS!!!!

Also one thing that could be done, during events like these, since the server count is probably high and staying awake after hour 14 becomes increasingly difficult. Please for the next event duration increase the spawn rate for Major Arkfalls/Sieges. If I'm playing all day I don't ever want to open up my map and not have a major event going on.

InfamousBrad
11-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Rift is their baby, their first child who's an absolute angel. Defiance is the red headed step son who does nothing but cause them trouble.

To be fair, Defiance doesn't have a whole lot of large-group content other than arkfalls and sieges, and you can't schedule or trigger either one of those. And if more than 4 people show up for any other content, they get shunted off into their own shard for it. If they could have gotten four devs at once into Defiance, they could have run co-ops together, and that would have been nice to show off -- Defiance has awesome co-ops, more people should see them.

I assume that next year they'll be streaming at least some instanced major arkfalls, since those are designed to be large-group scalable content that just anybody can show up for -- assuming that they work, of course.

But the thing that really jumped out at me, the few times I did catch them streaming Defiance, is that they have to be lying when they claim that anybody on the community team plays Defiance very much. So much noobiness, it was painful. I grant that I have a holy heck of a lot of hours in game, but they can't shoot, can't pick guns, can't dodge, can't roll, can't use cover, can't drive -- they act like people with fewer than a hundred hours of game experience. I kept tuning out when they were streaming Rift, because the more Rift I see the less interesting it is to me, but I have to tell you, they didn't seem to be playing it any better.

Let me make a strong suggestion: It was too little, too late, but when Matt Miller took over the City of Heroes team, one of the first things he did was set aside one hour during each work-day when every employee had to play City of Heroes, at work, together. This was brilliant. It paid huge dividends:
QA could suddenly see bugs that players had been complaining about.
Devs were actually seeing bugs that only experienced players would notice.
Minor annoyances that only get more annoying over time suddenly started getting fixed.
The Community Team's public interactions with customers, which were already good, climbed to a whole new level of quality, because of the increased understanding they had for their customers.There's a slogan they teach in business school: "Eat your own dog food." Seriously, people: play your own game. It will result in a better game development team and a better, more profitable product.

Musashi
11-04-2013, 02:06 PM
But the thing that really jumped out at me, the few times I did catch them streaming Defiance, is that they have to be lying when they claim that anybody on the community team plays Defiance very much. So much noobiness, it was painful. I grant that I have a holy heck of a lot of hours in game, but they can't shoot, can't pick guns, can't dodge, can't roll, can't use cover, can't drive -- they act like people with fewer than a hundred hours of game experience. I kept tuning out when they were streaming Rift, because the more Rift I see the less interesting it is to me, but I have to tell you, they didn't seem to be playing it any better.

Let me make a strong suggestion: It was too little, too late, but when Matt Miller took over the City of Heroes team, one of the first things he did was set aside one hour during each work-day when every employee had to play City of Heroes, at work, together. This was brilliant. It paid huge dividends:
Minor annoyances that only get more annoying over time suddenly started getting fixed.
The Community Team's public interactions with customers, which were already good, climbed to a whole new level of quality, because of the increased understanding they had for their customers.There's a slogan they teach in business school: "Eat your own dog food." Seriously, people: play your own game. It will result in a better game development team and a better, more profitable product.

Great suggestion....

I would love to have a Trion employee play the game. They would pick up SO MUCH of what we are saying!

Lillith Valerian
11-04-2013, 02:18 PM
But the thing that really jumped out at me, the few times I did catch them streaming Defiance, is that they have to be lying when they claim that anybody on the community team plays Defiance very much. So much noobiness, it was painful. I grant that I have a holy heck of a lot of hours in game, but they can't shoot, can't pick guns, can't dodge, can't roll, can't use cover, can't drive -- they act like people with fewer than a hundred hours of game experience.

THIS. So much THIS. For the love of all things good and decent, THIS.

I feel twice the irritation and frustration over their lack of dedicated playing, as I do lack of acknowledgement over the bugs & poor development choices, because one is responsible for the other.

dahanese
11-04-2013, 02:19 PM
I love times when devs all play together - we do that with all our games. Internal testing is key and when we're all on together, it's a ton of fun. It's not always a forward-facing thing, though, and that's an interesting suggestion. Sometimes that's hard to do: if you are in there looking to test something, having fans know you are there can sometimes divert your focus.

N3gativeCr33p
11-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Honestly what was up with the server reboots around 3AM? Ultimately that's what stopped my evening. After being plugged into defiance for 20 hours straight they wanted to bring the servers down (on an event day like today for WHAT??!?!?!?!?).

Yeah... that whole 5-10 minutes the servers were down for a reset Sunday morning... what a huuuuuuuuge deal breaker that was. :rolleyes:

Z0mb1E
11-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Yeah... that whole 5-10 minutes the servers were down for a reset Sunday morning... what a huuuuuuuuge deal breaker that was. :rolleyes:

There is a real problem with being wired into a game for 18 hours and then having the plug pulled. I would STRONGLY suggest next year avoiding server reboots during events such as this.

N3gativeCr33p
11-04-2013, 03:01 PM
There is a real problem with being wired into a game for 18 hours and then having the plug pulled. I would STRONGLY suggest next year avoiding server reboots during events such as this.

In order to avoid a permanent ban, I'm not even going to bother responding to this comment... as tempting as it is, I won't.

Z0mb1E
11-04-2013, 03:05 PM
In order to avoid a permanent ban, I'm not even going to bother responding to this comment... as tempting as it is, I won't.

Thanks for your support.......

squidgod2000
11-04-2013, 03:16 PM
I've never gamed in the same room as someone else, much less for an extended period like you guys did during the LS. It looks awesome, but I'm pretty sure I would be plotting to kill everyone by hour 15 or so.

Bakku
11-04-2013, 04:37 PM

I don't know if you could see it during the stream but I bind my left ring and pinkie finger together. I have nerve damage in my hand and can't use specific keys. I sometimes rebind keys but usually I have the really bad habit of just playing without some of them. You might notice I almost never crouch, too - it's because it's pretty difficult for me to hit those keys. I'm kind of embarrassed by this so I was trying not to say it. Greg was making me feel really stupid. :P

I'm sorry I was so awful with that fight. If you watched the late night RIFT dungeon run, I was a terrible tank there, too. I would never recommend you put me on your pro team, but I also shouldn't play those kinds of games when I'm pushing no sleep for 30 hours.

Don't feel bad about the Jackleg Joe fight Daha, you nailed it once Greg read off my advice to jump on the box and shoot their packs from above. Everyone else was saying to "get behind them" and melee them, like that's so easy a thing to do. :P

It was kind of fun watching you play that, but one piece of advice I have: Stay in the open-world more often if you're livestreaming, people like me wanted to play with you and a lot of the time I was just trying to get into the same phase as you. I had sent you a friend request, so that I'd be able to "Teleport to Friend" but I think your box was full of requests so you just kept playing. Basically I ended up watching your screen intently waiting for a name of someone near you to be displayed long enough, then I'd friend them and teleport to them. xP Sucks being in the wrong phase. One way to get around this would be to have someone with you, so you only need one person on your friend list, and they'd basically be in charge of accepting friend requests / being the bridge between phases.

Another thing... I was asking what your guys' favorite races in Defiance were, and why you liked them. I don't know, I just thought it would be cool if you had talked about the game and the world while playing it. Things you like about it, episodes of the show you remember. It did seem like Rift got more attention than Defiance. It would also be nice if we could get some more interesting rewards for Defiance players. Rift has all of these things like Hellbug mounts (luuucky), squirrels, helms, etc. and Defiance give-aways are basically lockboxes or the occasional DLC / game code. Maybe if we could get some outfits, helmets, etc. we'd feel a little more equal to the Rift crowd.

Other than that it was nice playing with you guys all that time, and congrats on raising so much money for the kids. ( I assume you won top raised for Team Trion? Grats on that too. :] )

InfamousBrad
11-04-2013, 05:35 PM
I love times when devs all play together - we do that with all our games. Internal testing is key and when we're all on together, it's a ton of fun. It's not always a forward-facing thing, though, and that's an interesting suggestion. Sometimes that's hard to do: if you are in there looking to test something, having fans know you are there can sometimes divert your focus.

Oh, I absolutely agree 100% and should have included that in my suggestion: when the CoH devs, QA, customer support, accounting department, clerical staff, and all were playing, they were playing under personal or otherwise anonymized accounts. As the game was shutting down, one of the devs, I think it was "Doc Aeon," admitted that it was a constant struggle, when in pick-up groups, not to defend the devs using inside information, and I think I remember Miller himself saying that he learned a lot just from seeing what the players complained about during downtime on raids.

If you ever get voice chat working right in Defiance, anonymous play may not be as possible, especially if you join random-queue teams or whatever, but there's no reason you can't have everybody in the company on each others' friend lists and play together and still achieve 90% of the same goal.

dahanese
11-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Oh, I absolutely agree 100% and should have included that in my suggestion: when the CoH devs, QA, customer support, accounting department, clerical staff, and all were playing, they were playing under personal or otherwise anonymized accounts. As the game was shutting down, one of the devs, I think it was "Doc Aeon," admitted that it was a constant struggle, when in pick-up groups, not to defend the devs using inside information, and I think I remember Miller himself saying that he learned a lot just from seeing what the players complained about during downtime on raids.

If you ever get voice chat working right in Defiance, anonymous play may not be as possible, especially if you join random-queue teams or whatever, but there's no reason you can't have everybody in the company on each others' friend lists and play together and still achieve 90% of the same goal.

We'll be the ones conspicuously never talking. Or I'll get my husband to speak for me. :P

crasher
11-05-2013, 12:02 PM
I've never gamed in the same room as someone else, much less for an extended period like you guys did during the LS. It looks awesome, but I'm pretty sure I would be plotting to kill everyone by hour 15 or so.
Compared to me, you have the patience of a saint.

Was that not, by definition, a 'response'?

You ARE a tricksey one, you are....

:)

Blastiey
11-05-2013, 12:15 PM
We'll be the ones conspicuously never talking. Or I'll get my husband to speak for me. :P

That made me LOL. :cool:

N3gativeCr33p
11-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Was that not, by definition, a 'response'?

You ARE a tricksey one, you are....

:)

Kind of. I wanted to get into more detail in that post, but that would've landed me right in the sin bin. So I cut things short and got the hell out of Dodge.

Skeptic
11-05-2013, 03:20 PM

I am disabled and to over come the limited mobility of my left hand I purchased a naga mouse and use the side buttons for most of my combat moves such as crouch, reload, sprit, grenade etc... for me it works out really well.

dahanese
11-05-2013, 03:49 PM
I am disabled and to over come the limited mobility of my left hand I purchased a naga mouse and use the side buttons for most of my combat moves such as crouch, reload, sprit, grenade etc... for me it works out really well.

I need to do this! I have both the Logitech and Razr gaming mice (I use the Naga for my laptop) and I've never bound the keys in Defiance. I think it's a holdover bad habit from when I played on the Wednesday streams - I never rebound there. Bad me. :P

Deunan
11-05-2013, 03:55 PM
I need to do this! I have both the Logitech and Razr gaming mice (I use the Naga for my laptop) and I've never bound the keys in Defiance. I think it's a holdover bad habit from when I played on the Wednesday streams - I never rebound there. Bad me. :PI guess we're mutually lazy when it comes to Defiance and gaming mice. I have a Logitech and Defiance is the only game where I haven't bound the side buttons. I did rebind the roll to the middle mouse button/scroll wheel using the game options though and it makes it much easier to incorporate rolling into my combat movements. Occasionally I end up switching weapons because of it but it's not that often and easy enough to switch back.

Z0mb1E
11-05-2013, 04:01 PM
I think pancake should have his own Mic next year!!

InfamousBrad
11-05-2013, 05:38 PM

*grin* Fair enough. Or you could just lie and claim that you don't have a microphone.

Holy Bahamut3
11-05-2013, 11:03 PM
I enjoyed the 11 hours of the 25 I watched. Having to work I swapped between my computer and phone. I was dissapointed that only 2 of those hours featured defiance. Also wanted to bring up that you should have advised people against exploiting the vendors. I haven't played much today but judging from the fallout I've seen on the forums, I'm worried. I sold quite a bit of my arsenal, but I'm worried that my scrip is now gone.

BJWyler
11-06-2013, 08:45 AM

Really? First off, it's probably an automatic thing and most likely done to maintain the health of the servers. I would much rather have a 2 minute downtime (that's all it took - 2 minutes at the most, and I never had to log out - the game DC'd and then came back up to the character screen and I logged back in), then deal with problems caused by flaky servers afterwards. That being said, it probably shouldn't be an issue to postpone the reboot for 24 hours without having too many problems.

However, for this to be a dealbreaker or anything of the kind is pretty ludicrous. It's not like we were getting error 037 throughout the entire livestream. Really people, take a chill pill and get some perspective on stuff. This did nothing to adversely or negatively affect the full 25 hours of gaming and fun.

I enjoyed the 11 hours of the 25 I watched. Having to work I swapped between my computer and phone. I was dissapointed that only 2 of those hours featured defiance. Also wanted to bring up that you should have advised people against exploiting the vendors. I haven't played much today but judging from the fallout I've seen on the forums, I'm worried. I sold quite a bit of my arsenal, but I'm worried that my scrip is now gone.

It was pretty much an unknown factor. I watched the entire livestream while streaming my own gameplay and knew nothing of the exploit until after the fact. The only known issue with the vendor was with the spawn times, which they had the dev team work on during the event.

It will be kinda tough to plan for next year at this point because of all the stuff that may (or may not) be in game next year. I personally didn't have a problem with the split between Defi and Rift, but can understand that more people here would have preferred more Defi gameplay.

I'm just glad to have been there to provide a rez on the docks during one of the missions later in the night when we were taking on the Raiders!

If I had one suggestion, it would be to organize friend invites and such (similar to organizing the guild invites to Rift at the beginning of the stream), that way players can more easily get to you guys in game during events like this. I am glad to have been able to gotten my invite early so that I could follow you around when you got in game, but wasn't able to do so with Greg.

Shogo_Yahagi
11-06-2013, 08:54 AM
Don't feel bad about the Jackleg Joe fight Daha, you nailed it once Greg read off my advice to jump on the box and shoot their packs from above. Everyone else was saying to "get behind them" and melee them, like that's so easy a thing to do. :P

That's a good idea, I didn't think of that. The first time through I used a low-damage shotgun with fire element to light them up without killing them and it worked pretty well. When I played the fight again with an alt, I used a flaregun with a +mag mod and they were easy mode. The pistols show up fairly often at the hidden vendor near Muir.

Shogo_Yahagi
11-06-2013, 08:56 AM

Play on a PS3. You'll get a break every hour or so and you won't even notice the reboot.

dahanese
11-06-2013, 11:02 AM

Hey there!

I'm not sure what hours you watched but I'm sorry about that - we weren't all synced on what games we were playing and I think we did a fairly even split of Defiance and RIFT (although there were times when folks were coming to my channel as Greg was showing off RIFT on the Trion channel due to some fan contests).

The exploit issue is a trickier bit: no decision was made during Extra Life about what would be done and we wanted to complete the action before making the announcement. If you want to chat with me about your scrip, feel free - no one will be cleaned out of all their scrip, though.

Bentu
11-06-2013, 11:42 AM
I spent 30 odd hours playing Defiance at the weekend so was unable to see any of the live stream.
Is there a edited version to view on YouTube. etc?

BJWyler
11-06-2013, 01:38 PM
I spent 30 odd hours playing Defiance at the weekend so was unable to see any of the live stream.
Is there a edited version to view on YouTube. etc?

Don't know about YouTube, but the recording is available on their twitch page:

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/profile/pastBroadcasts

There are four separate vids - most likely (as happened with me), there was a glitch in the recording which causes twitch to save to up to that point and begin a new recording. And well, there was that whole bringing down of the Interwebz thing that Greg did towards the beginning.

Bentu
11-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Don't know about YouTube, but the recording is available on their twitch page:

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/profile/pastBroadcasts

There are four separate vids - most likely (as happened with me), there was a glitch in the recording which causes twitch to save to up to that point and begin a new recording. And well, there was that whole bringing down of the Interwebz thing that Greg did towards the beginning.

Cheers. That's exactly what I was after, bookmark to watch later. :cool:

Edit. Post 666