PDA

View Full Version : 2 newbie question abou game

Mankindvm
11-04-2013, 09:35 AM
Hi. I'm playing free trial on PC.
1. What is the difference between a trial and a full version? Only more quests? I can not find any real detail info about difference
2. Is possible on trial account(and on full account) PC version game create alt? Please do not tell me the alt not needed, just answer. When I start the game, no such option there see it. One account=one character only?

Thanks for answer.

Musashi
11-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Hi. I'm playing free trial on PC.
1. What is the difference between a trial and a full version? Only more quests? I can not find any real detail info about difference
2. Is possible on trial account(and on full account) PC version game create alt? Please do not tell me the alt not needed, just answer. When I start the game, no such option there see it. One account=one character only?

Thanks for answer.

just buy the game! its great!

crasher
11-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Not having played the trial version, myself:

** I can create 4 'toons on my full account.
** If you can't create more than one 'toon on your trial account - I'd say that's a difference.

I's a decent game. A few bugs (he said with a knowing smile) that prolly wont bother you the first few days/weeks of casual play. They don't tend to be deal-breakers on pc, but if you're on Play-dough or Xbone you may have disconnect issues because apparently many devs don't know how to port stuff cross platform well.

The bugs tend to be story-line related (limited story enhancement beyond the first few days/weeks of play so far) and stuff that the devs (sometimes MASSIVELY) screw up because they're devs and not gamers.

** They MIGHT know code, they DON'T know gaming.

In the interest of fair play, MicroSquish broke ours with updates on several occasions, so they're trying to make it all average out....

Whippersnapper
11-04-2013, 10:09 AM
I will answer #2: Yes. You can make 2 characters per server I believe.

Dont know about #1 because I've never played the trial so I have no basis for comparison.

hardy83
11-04-2013, 10:12 AM
There's an EGO level cap isn't there?
Also I think you're only able to do the quests within the Mount Tam area or something. Right? lol

Mankindvm
11-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Thanks all for responses.
Now I just wonder- is for me better Steam version (and therefore re-download :( ) or nonsteam version.

hardy83
11-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Thanks all for responses.
Now I just wonder- is for me better Steam version (and therefore re-download :( ) or nonsteam version.

Even if you get the steam version, you can still play the game without Steam.
You get a key-code you register with your Trion account.
You can then play the game with the Steam client, or download the game from Trions website.

The same goes with any of their DLCs. Most MMOs on steam work this way.

Mankindvm
11-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Next question:
How I can take a droped gun/shield... without autoequiping? Is it possible? Because it is terribly annoying.

Bonehead
11-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Next question:
How I can take a droped gun/shield... without autoequiping? Is it possible? Because it is terribly annoying.

Just tap e. If you hold it down you auto equip.

Mankindvm
11-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Just tap e. If you hold it down you auto equip.
Oh! Thanks :p

Mankindvm
11-16-2013, 05:57 AM
I want buy any Bits,but :
"We are unable to complete your purchase.
Please try again later."
I use Paypal and I tried it several times. Any advice?

Atticus Batman
11-16-2013, 04:48 PM
I want buy any Bits,but :
"We are unable to complete your purchase.
Please try again later."
I use Paypal and I tried it several times. Any advice?

If you are still playing the trial, then you can not buy bits. If you now have the full version, I have no idea what the problem is, since I am on Xbox 360.

Mankindvm
11-16-2013, 11:36 PM
If you are still playing the trial, then you can not buy bits. If you now have the full version, I have no idea what the problem is, since I am on Xbox 360.
No. I have full game+dlc. Live support tell me, that it is the fault of the Paypal(I use it commonly).
I bought the game on Steam,but playing on nonSteam client. Now I'm trying instal Steam client(terrible update speed!) and I'll try to buy through him. It should work.

Bonehead
11-16-2013, 11:48 PM
When I buy bits I pay through steam and it works every time for me.
I had the same problem trying to buy from trion through the in game store.

crasher
11-17-2013, 02:28 AM
When I buy bits I pay through steam and it works every time for me.
I had the same problem trying to buy from trion through the in game store.
The 3 times I was tempted to buy the DLC - I recall the TRION authorization page kept telling me to try again later.

Well, it's not later enough, yet.

Mankindvm
11-17-2013, 09:04 AM
Steam client works for me. I have Bits now. Thanks