PDA

View Full Version : I miss pvp maps(pc).

Bigtk
11-05-2013, 09:14 AM
I miss being able to que for pvp maps and actually getting a game. Sure you get WF going at times but you usually have to wait. Forget about playing freight yard unless you want to wait half a day. I appreciate that shadow wars pops fast and I do participate in that at times but I'd really like to play the other maps more.

squidgod2000
11-05-2013, 09:59 AM
I was watching the livestream during ExtraLife and found it amusing that choosing Quick Match apparently puts people into random map queues instead of pooling people and picking a map once there are enough people to run one.

Additionally, some people will go to chat to try and fill queues, but I noticed that oftentimes it only shows up on that little two-line chat window on the character page and not in the full chat box (let's not even talk about the standard HUD chat box--since I came back I can't get text to appear in there for more than half a second).

BJWyler
11-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Trick indicated on a couple of Friday livestreams that the Quick match is not really working as intended - they are currently fixing it so that you can choose a QM of either C&H or DM and the Q will put you in the first match that pops.

As for the general pops, it is clear that PvP isn't popping nearly as much as it was a couple of months ago. As indicated, SW pop more often thanks to a change in the required number of players for the matches to start, and that has been part of the issue with the other maps.

Unfortunately, Military Academy is still bugged with the graphical glitches as far as I know, so that gets little play time. As for the others, the popularity will vary depending on the daily and weekly contracts that are up. Generally speaking, I have noticed that Q's pop fairly quickly from 4-5 PM Eastern time, then slow down until after 7 or 8 PM Eastern time, when they pick up again. Of course, as I have just mentioned, the maps that pop are dependent on the contract that is running that evening.

I have also noticed that if I announce a map Q in the general chat, there will be people who Q up for it, and you can get it to pop a little quicker that way as well.

DC Zero
11-05-2013, 10:38 AM
How are the queue pops for competitive maps on xbox-NA? I play on pc-NA and shadow wars are always popping but I would like to play some competitive maps also. So I've been thinking about picking up a copy of the xbox version.