PDA

View Full Version : Why IS my LifeSteal Rifle and Machine Gun flame nano and not syphon?

crasher
11-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Seems pretty self explanatory that syphon steals life while flame just erases it.

Steel Fire
11-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Where were you all weekend when this discussion was had several times?

It was determined that the EL vendor items were following the same EGO based nano pattern as every other vendor.

There's your why. The truly pertinent question is: Was that the intended behavior or were they all supposed to be syphon nano regardless of EGO?

bigguy
11-05-2013, 12:09 PM
yeah im very high ego and had the same problem

kendillin
11-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Yeah I heard about this.
It's like they actively dissuade veteran players.
Then y'all get mad at players like me.
It's a vicious cycle.
And it puts a rift in the community.
Pun intended.

bigguy
11-05-2013, 12:18 PM
whos mad thats your assumption im not mad i didnt even like the weapons that much i have much better oranges

Nefarious
11-05-2013, 12:19 PM
I myself would rather have had fire nano on all guns except the Life Steal Machine Gun. Syphon on a Thunder is the coolest thing in the game. But fire nano on the pistol, shotgun, and sniper all the way.

3rdpig
11-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Both my toons got fire, both my GF's toons got fire and he Father's toon got fire. These toons run from 1500 ego to 4600.

crasher
11-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Where were you all weekend when this discussion was had several times?

It was determined that the EL vendor items were following the same EGO based nano pattern as every other vendor.

There's your why. The truly pertinent question is: Was that the intended behavior or were they all supposed to be syphon nano regardless of EGO?
Yes, I was here.
But the only way to keep a thread/concept in front of the CMs is by keeping it in front of them.
And keeping it in front of them with other ppl adding to the discussion shows solidarity Vs an ignored lone voice in the wilderness.
A thread not on their radar does not get in front of Trick or any dev to be addressed.

My point was mostly that as a 'Lifesteal' weapon it should have been stipulated to be a syphon.
Makes no sense to be anything else, as anything else just makes it a named weapon.
The point of the EL/Lifesteal was that it was a special medical-type weapon in keeping with the EL theme.

The weekend wasn't promoting 'Smokey The Bear', and forest fire awareness, or 'Support your local VFD' campaign.
That makes 'Flame' inappropriate to the theme.

Nefarious
11-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Syphon LaZers ftw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9YU0hQEZ5M&feature=youtu.be&t=33s

kendillin
11-05-2013, 12:37 PM
whos mad thats your assumption im not mad i didnt even like the weapons that much i have much better oranges

I just meant in general and meant no real offense...just venting.(cig break at work)

The weapons were a neat novelty for the weekend.
Besides, how does shotgun+ fire+ zombies NOT equal fun ?

crasher
11-05-2013, 12:51 PM
I just meant in general and meant no real offense...just venting.(cig break at work)

The weapons were a neat novelty for the weekend.
Besides, how does shotgun+ fire+ zombies NOT equal fun ?
Since Shotgun + syphon + Volge keeps me alive longer?
:)

Chevota
11-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Here i was, thinking when i 1st got one of the Lifesteal LMG, that it was Fire + Syphon...

My dreams were quickly dashed on a Duel :( would be quite interesting though, double nano burn em and vamp em.

Umfafa
11-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Because, Trion?

http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/photo_galleries/regular_galleries/1675-kristen-wiig-best-saturday-night-live-characters-and-impressions/photos/1337539330_kristen-wiig-snl-gilly_1.jpg

kendillin
11-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Since Shotgun + syphon + Volge keeps me alive longer?

Of course it does.
I prefer a better defensive strategy than "syphon gives me life back" myself.
Nothing personal, just sick of the syphon trend.

crasher
11-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Of course it does.
I prefer a better defensive strategy than "syphon gives me life back" myself.
Nothing personal, just sick of the syphon trend.

Been playing since early April on multiple 'toons.
Me and a lot of other people were here before the trends.
They moved on, I'm here as one of the people the newbs have to teach stuff to.

Done all the easy stuff.
Done most of the hard stuff up to where I quit the storyline and now I sandbox.

I play all night long until server reboot.

There are few people around to coop missions with besides PUGs, and I'd rather eat my shoes than trust a guy I dont know to watch my back.
That means I do a lot of stuff like sieges with 3 ppl.

Defensive strategies don't take down Viscera at sieges.
Defensive strategies are by definition piss-poor attack mode methods.

I'll chase Volge with a syphon rather than hide behind a rock with a pointy stick....
And I don't see how it affects anyone else's game when I'm the one logged in and they're in bed or having a life.

Had a life, once, it didn't work out the way I wanted it to, so I retired.
And I don't get as annoyed when 'toons get dismembered.

Atticus Batman
11-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Yeah I heard about this.
It's a vicious cycle.
Pun intended.

Aw Ken that is NOT why I was mad at you! Next time, KILL the Volge before going to revive me so you DON'T end up needing a revive as well! (J/K) Do you ever actually give us vets a reason to be mad? You are always being nice and helpful. Hmm.. maybe it's the niceness?!

Anyway all I got was fire nano as well. I'd say it is a problem, because evven the gun's name SAYS, they ARE syphon/life leech guns, when in truth if you are over like ego 1200 you get stuck with yet another fire nano gun. THat is the problem. Once you get to a certain ego you no longer see anything EXCEPT FIRE! ALL my guns after 2400 with nanos ONLY GET FIRE! Give me a different nano, BY CROM!

Bonehead
11-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Yeah I heard about this.
It's a vicious cycle.
Pun intended.

he he, I get it.

kendillin
11-05-2013, 08:38 PM
@Crasher. I apologize. I certainly didn't mean to criticize your play style.(I'm also aware I did exactly that)
I just feel nanos that aren't syphon tend to get a "raw deal".
Personally, I like poo shoes.( when they do less dmg you tend to live longer too.)
I also tend to forget other platforms don't have the population we do. So there's no one to draw ANY fire.
@Batman. Krom, nice name drop.
@Everyone. Please don't take me seriously, I'm usually joking around.
P.S. Flaming zombies, C'MON!

Chump Norris
11-05-2013, 08:43 PM
At 34?? EGO mine were syphon each time. I really wanted to get one of each without having to use a convertor but I shouldnt complain if others couldnt even get syphon. The guns are life steal they never should have had a chance at fire so hopefully Trion changes them for you guys.

Bonehead
11-06-2013, 03:01 AM
Yes, I was here.
But the only way to keep a thread/concept in front of the CMs is by keeping it in front of them.
And keeping it in front of them with other ppl adding to the discussion shows solidarity Vs an ignored lone voice in the wilderness.
A thread not on their radar does not get in front of Trick or any dev to be addressed.

My point was mostly that as a 'Lifesteal' weapon it should have been stipulated to be a syphon.
Makes no sense to be anything else, as anything else just makes it a named weapon.
The point of the EL/Lifesteal was that it was a special medical-type weapon in keeping with the EL theme.

The weekend wasn't promoting 'Smokey The Bear', and forest fire awareness, or 'Support your local VFD' campaign.
That makes 'Flame' inappropriate to the theme.

Not to be overly negative but these days it seems like a thread right in front of their faces for a month gets about the same love as one on page 2043.