PDA

View Full Version : Here is what possibly happened to you extra life scrip.....

Mistersuperior1
11-06-2013, 09:23 AM
As most know there was an exploit of buying an item and reselling it back to the extralife vendor. In response the powers that be took back an amount of scrip. My theory as to what really happened to your scrip. EXAMPLE if you had a base of 5mil pre extra life vender and you made 5mil off the exploit total of 10mil right. But if you spent lets say 6mil on a hign end vbi 10mil-6mil equal 4mil. Now post vendor they reclaim the 5mil you made off exploit leaving you at neg 1mil 0 scrip. So basically if you made any major purchases for a total more than what you legitimately made from the extra life vendor more than your base prevendor scrip you are left with either 0 or what your base scrip was minus what you spent on items. Also they kept the scrip you paid for the items you recycled back to the vendor aprox 4600 scrip per item. So if you did the exploit alot factor that in when trying to figure out why you have your current amount.

alienstookmybeer
11-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Too hard to makes sense of that paragraph.

But if you're saying they just went back and recalculated how much scrip you would have lost with each purchase and resale if the vendor had been buying it back at the properly reduced price, then that makes sense.

BJWyler
11-06-2013, 09:56 AM
This might help explain it better:

The problem is that people were spending scrip they didn't have.

Scenario:

Player has 500,000 scrip
Player spends 50,000 scrip to purchase 10 shields at EL vendor. (shields = 5000ea)
Player sells 10 shields back to vendor and makes 100,000 scrip.
Player now has 600,000 scrip

note:Player should have a total of 460,000 scrip at end of transaction.

Player now has 600,000 scrip
Player spends 50,000 scrip to purchase another 10 shields at EL vendor. (shields = 5000ea)
Player sells 10 shields back to vendor and makes 100,000 scrip.
Player now has 700,000 scrip

note:Player should have a total of 410,000 scrip at end of transaction.

Repeat this a few times and you will end up with 0 scrip, or a deficit.

Chevota
11-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Oh please tell me people are going into Negative Scrip... would make my YEAR...

Zugo
11-06-2013, 10:03 AM

In reality I believe they did. They had spent most if not all of their money buying these EL shields for phantom profit.

If you take the phantom profit away they would be some where in the negative depending on how many shields they bought and sold.

Maybe that's the deciding factor when it comes to who gets slapped with the ban penalty.

Chevota
11-06-2013, 10:06 AM
good point. I like it. Accountability for one's actions seem to be lost these days in gaming, nice to see someone forcing it on the community.

Really would like to see someone with -1,750,245 Scrip... would be quite funny... until those people started scamming to get back to 0, so the Ban is by far a better reaction.

And for god sakes its only 1 day.

N3gativeCr33p
11-06-2013, 10:11 AM

You rang? Oh... my bad... you're looking for my cousin, Negative Scrip. My bad... ;)

Zugo
11-06-2013, 10:28 AM
You rang? Oh... my bad... you're looking for my cousin, Negative Scrip. My bad... ;)

LOL, you got my first laugh of the day.

Mistersuperior1
11-06-2013, 10:40 AM
Too hard to makes sense of that paragraph.

But if you're saying they just went back and recalculated how much scrip you would have lost with each purchase and resale if the vendor had been buying it back at the properly reduced price, then that makes sense. sorry typed that at lunch with 5min left lol

Bentu
11-06-2013, 11:10 AM

Bloody hilarious :D keep em coming.