PDA

View Full Version : Why should I reset the weapon's mastery points?

Dreizehn
11-06-2013, 12:45 PM
I cannot find the sense. When I do it and I master the weapon again 1I get the same weapon mastery skill as before.

Is there any other reason for doing this?

BJWyler
11-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Supposedly, you are supposed to get a different mastery roll, but that isn't something I have seen confirmed by the devs, and like you, haven't experienced that happening.

Other than that, it's only other use (that I can see), is to continue to be able to use that weapon and get leveling credit for the weapon type skill - if you don't have it maxed out.

Personally, I have only done it on a couple of white weapons just for the very reason of skill leveling, but now, I only have a handful of skills left to max out and get more than enough drops to not need to reset the mastery XP.

Nefarious
11-06-2013, 12:51 PM
If you like the weapon then you can reset the mastery points to continue to use it to level up that particular weapon skill.

So for instance you have a Epic VBI Assault Rifle with all corresponding synergy mods to go with it. You spent a lot of effort to build this gun. When you master it you can re-master so you are able to fill its XP bar up so you can continue leveling up your characters Assault Rifle Skill with that gun.

Critical Errors
11-06-2013, 12:52 PM
Resetting the Mastery simply allows you to gain weapon skills xp from that weapon again. It will not change the XP roll (Although this has been suggested). I do this for weapons that I really love to use, like my syphon VBI.

squidgod2000
11-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Supposedly, you are supposed to get a different mastery roll, but that isn't something I have seen confirmed by the devs, and like you, haven't experienced that happening.

Pretty sure that was a Sledgehammerism that was eventually corrected.

Bentu
11-06-2013, 01:19 PM
I cannot find the sense. When I do it and I master the weapon again 1I get the same weapon mastery skill as before.

Is there any other reason for doing this?

One good reason is so it saves on backpack space. I usually have say 3 AR's on the go. One to use while the other is being remastered and the 3rd I'm building.

Dreizehn
11-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Oh... I didn't know I only get weapon skill points if the weapon is not mastered yet.
So I guess I will have to reset it more often.
Thanks a lot for that!

N3gativeCr33p
11-06-2013, 01:33 PM
One good reason is so it saves on backpack space. I usually have say 3 AR's on the go. One to use while the other is being remastered and the 3rd I'm building.

This... but for me, I keep two of each weapon type that I'm trying to level up. When one becomes mastered, I reset its mastery and use the one that isn't mastered while I wait for the 20 minute salvage matrix job to finish.

Rinse, lather, repeat. ;)

Bentu
11-06-2013, 01:36 PM
Oh... I didn't know I only get weapon skill points if the weapon is not mastered yet.
So I guess I will have to reset it more often.
Thanks a lot for that!

Once the bar is full on the weapon it will say mastered. You then remaster it so that you can fill the bar again.
All this xp goes to fill your weapon skill. :cool:

SydSynister
11-06-2013, 01:40 PM
I keep resetting the mastery on a couple of spare blue weapons to (cheaply) continue to gain the weapon xp. I've never gotten a new mastery roll on any of them, though.

crasher
11-06-2013, 01:56 PM
This... but for me, I keep two of each weapon type that I'm trying to level up. When one becomes mastered, I reset its mastery and use the one that isn't mastered while I wait for the 20 minute salvage matrix job to finish.

Rinse, lather, repeat. ;)
I did notice on a few occasions that I lost connect while in a reset job that the weapon is done when I immediately log back in.

otoh, I'd hate to lose a weapon because it was in the salvage matrix when I disco'd.

Whippersnapper
11-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Pretty sure that was a Sledgehammerism that was eventually corrected.
So the mastery roll stays the same then yes?

Z0mb1E
11-06-2013, 02:01 PM
I did notice on a few occasions that I lost connect while in a reset job that the weapon is done when I immediately log back in.

otoh, I'd hate to lose a weapon because it was in the salvage matrix when I disco'd.

I'd love to see you disco crasher!!!!

Bentu
11-06-2013, 02:03 PM

I've never lost a weapon due to a disconnect, infact before I turn it off I always see if there are any weapons that need remastering or mod slots.

Bentu
11-06-2013, 02:05 PM

Yes............ :cool:

Steel Fire
11-06-2013, 03:16 PM
The mastery roll doesn't go away when you reset the weapon mastery, it just resets the mastery xp for that weapon. The mastery roll you already got is still there and still active. The description for the reset is pretty self explanatory in the salvage matrix.

N3gativeCr33p
11-07-2013, 07:02 AM

I've never disconnected from the game during a reset job in the matrix, so I'll have to take your word on this.

Whippersnapper
11-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Yes they ought to let the mastery reset as well. It would definitely spur salvage use as people vie for that ideal mastery.
Another grind if you will.

Steel Fire
11-07-2013, 09:10 AM
I'd be cool with an additional matrix option for resetting the mastery roll ona weapon that has had the mastery XP reset and is still at 0.

Mankindvm
11-07-2013, 10:07 AM
How reset weapon? I have 2 mastered,but i cant find how reset it.

Steel Fire
11-07-2013, 10:16 AM
How reset weapon? I have 2 mastered,but i cant find how reset it.

In the salvage matrix, select the weapon you want to reset and the bottom option should be to reset the mastery. The weapon has to be unequipped.

Mankindvm
11-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Working on really all weapons? Because i havent this options(2 purple).

Zugo
11-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Working on really all weapons? Because i havent this options(2 purple).

You can't have the weapon equipped in any of your load outs. Go through your load outs and make sure it isn't on any of them.

N3gativeCr33p
11-07-2013, 01:11 PM
You can't have the weapon equipped in any of your load outs. Go through your load outs and make sure it isn't on any of them.

Words of wisdom. ;)

Atticus Batman
11-07-2013, 03:15 PM

Deja VU ZU! Didn't we have to tell you that once or twice?