PDA

View Full Version : Why ban people from already dying game?

East Astros
11-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Im not crying about losing my precious in game toys due to the fact that newer games are coming and losing something that has no real value in real life doesnt affect me that much, but what im wondering is why ban people from a game thats slowly dying and could use the extra gamer? I understand that exploiting the game is not right but i didn't care because of the fact its just a game. Then theres the fact that there was such an influx of trade that I actually started to enjoy the game and more of the aspects of it.

I feel for the people that love this game and play it daily and invest a lot of time only to find out that since they exploited the game the newly aqquired scrip was taken with their original amount. it sucks, but hey I think we all learned an important lesson for when we play future MMO's.

For instance I will never try this on destiny when it comes out lol, and to all the people on their high horses saying "heres a tissue" or "suck it up" dont act like youve never exploited the game before because chances are you have. So to all the people that are banned and there scrip taken don't get too upset, rememmber its just a game.....And Destiny comes out next year!:D

squidgod2000
11-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Because toxic players poison communities and drive away legitimate players.

As for all the people hyping how the exploit stimulated the economy, yeah, it did--for the exploiters.

Overtkill21
11-06-2013, 05:17 PM
My theory?

When Defiance drops to X number of players Trion is released from contractual agreements with SyFy and will no longer have to support this game. This would save them tons of cash in development time, resources, etc.

Trion can be all "Hey SyFy well we tried to hold up our end on this Defiance thing, but there are no players left...See?"

East Astros
11-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Then theres the poor players who bought a season pass for the DLC and are probably never going to get everything they payed for.

wyatt schex
11-06-2013, 05:23 PM
It make me mad cause they mess up and we raised them 60k and this is how they think up.You know what trion can go to hell.

ironcladtrash
11-06-2013, 05:23 PM
My theory?

When Defiance drops to X number of players Trion is released from contractual agreements with SyFy and will no longer have to support this game. This would save them tons of cash in development time, resources, etc.

Trion can be all "Hey SyFy well we tried to hold up our end on this Defiance thing, but there are no players left...See?"

I have had the exact same thought. It looks like Trion is only doing barely enough to fulfill whatever contractual obligations they have. I am sure there is some clause that gives them an out and they are only avoiding being sued until they can excise it.

Overtkill21
11-06-2013, 05:26 PM
I have had the exact same thought. It looks like Trion is only doing barely enough to fulfill whatever contractual obligations they have. I am sure there is some clause that gives them an out and they are only avoiding being sued until they can excise it.

Yep, yep - I wanna be that last dude they try to evict...I'll be all "Get off my lawn with those bulldozers or I'll hit ya'll with my cane."

East Astros
11-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Its sad though because this game had soooooo much potential. If they could have added a player hub where players could eastablish a market and have all the things the average MMO has on the PC this would have easily attracted more players thus the population sky rocketing. Sadly it feels as though Trion has been getting increasingly lazy with their constant push backs of the DLC release dates, but what are we gonna do about it?

SHADOWBROKER
11-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Because toxic players poison communities and drive away legitimate players.

As for all the people hyping how the exploit stimulated the economy, yeah, it did--for the exploiters.trust me this did not do anything to the "legitimate players" trion all ready did that to us 7 months ago. but i am happy to see the lames get banned. its all good news to me, makes me very happy

SHADOWBROKER
11-06-2013, 05:43 PM
It make me mad cause they mess up and we raised them 60k and this is how they think up.You know what trion can go to hell.i dont play this crappy game much at all so i must have missed that you guys helped trion get money for i dont know what but i have to say ARE you people crazy? why on gods green earth would you help these people do anything. as a pass holder and all i feel we already gave trion enough with still no real return. if you get ****ed by trion its your fault. you still trust and support them so injoy what they give a good hard **** over

rebtattoo
11-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Yep, yep - I wanna be that last dude they try to evict...I'll be all "Get off my lawn with those bulldozers or I'll hit ya'll with my cane."Actually, man, I'll be in the lawn next to ya. As I have stated several times, I'm in til the servers shut down.

Shadow Andreas
11-06-2013, 05:50 PM
10 char.....

Shadow Andreas
11-06-2013, 05:55 PM
Actually, man, I'll be in the lawn next to ya. As I have stated several times, I'm in til the servers shut down.

Me too...and at least a few members of DAWN PATROL

East Astros
11-06-2013, 05:55 PM
Please try to keep the comments constructive and not as negative, and next time please make sure your facts are in order before making a statement.

SHADOWBROKER
11-06-2013, 05:57 PM
It was to benefit Children's Hospitals....that's why it was done and why I supported it 100%! I have a daughter with a chronic illness and spent 15 days in CHLA when she was 13 months old...so I am just a little offended at your comments!!!!! Figure out what you are talking about before you open your ****** mouth!!!!!! The money wasn't for Trion....they were supporting a charity @$$hole!!!!i dont give a **** what you got or your kid

East Astros
11-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Shadow leave this thread please your being incredibly crude.

Shadow Andreas
11-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Shadow leave this thread please your being incredibly crude.

Sorry East Astros...I'm gone.

crystal030405
11-06-2013, 05:59 PM
My theory?

even if they are 2 players left as well as if they do not deliver 5 dlc packages that would be a class action lawsuit and i dont think tey can afford that

East Astros
11-06-2013, 06:00 PM
I meant shadowbroker hahaha dont play with me.

Overtkill21
11-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Sorry East Astros...I'm gone.

I think he meant the Shadowbroker guy, not you.

Shadow Andreas
11-06-2013, 06:02 PM
I think he meant the Shadowbroker guy, not you.

It's cool....I deleted my post....sorry guys....didn't mean to digress.

Escyos
11-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Why bother putting people in prison for killing someone when that person was going to die anyway?

See how insane that sounds.

East Astros
11-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Dude chill. I meant SHADOWBROKER. not you

Overtkill21
11-06-2013, 06:04 PM
even if they are 2 players left as well as if they do not deliver 5 dlc packages that would be a class action lawsuit and i dont think tey can afford that

Class Action Lawsuits only work when they can get a class together - hard to do if no one even cares, tons of players have bought the season pass never expecting to see any more of this game. I would imagine there has to be a clause in the contract that allows for Trion to cease support with limited liability, even in regards to their Season Pass.

Oh, and all they'd have to do is release 3 new weapons and call each of them DLC 3, DLC 4, & DLC 5 - ta daaa Season Pass problem solved.

Shadow Andreas
11-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Dude chill. I meant SHADOWBROKER. not you

Yeah...I see that now. Didn't mean to derail your post though.

East Astros
11-06-2013, 06:07 PM
Yeah...I see that now. Didn't mean to derail your post though.
Its cool man sorry to hear about your kid.

Milkandcookies
11-06-2013, 07:02 PM
This extra life exploit is starting to become more of a real life lesson...Think about it, we as people are greedy; most of us will do anything to get out hands on money as long as it's easy and not embarrassing. We are basically stealing money/scrip from a vendor. Of course there's going to be a punishment for it. For stealing the money you go to jail (ban) for a certain amount of time and all the money you stole will be taken along with money to pay for your crime. The only reason why other exploits aren't punishable is because they don't exist in real life.

Money corrupts people, it really does (if not it's the power that comes from the money or scrip). The more money you have, the higher the chance that the money will corrupt you and make you change who you are. Look am not going to preach to you about how money will corrupt people, but it does and already happened in this game because history will 92% of the time repeat itself.

I know a lot of you won't agree with most of my statements, but at least agree that this is a real life lesson.

Bane_Of_Legends
11-06-2013, 07:16 PM
It's cool....I deleted my post....sorry guys....didn't mean to digress.

Don't beat yourself up for snapping. My lil sister was in a children's hospital for awhile after she was born, so I understand. I'd hate to think what I would've done to the guy, if he'd said it to my face.

Nefarious
11-06-2013, 07:24 PM
If Trion didn't care about the game then they wouldn't of bothered banning and/or penalizing the Extra Life Exploiters. But since they do care they took action.

They showed care by doing so. If they didn't take action then that would show that they don't care about their game or the community. But they do. lol @ ppl who did wrong and got caught and because of so say Trion doesn't care about Defiance. Its the exact opposite actually. They care about Defiance so much they are willing to protect it from this kind of stuff from happing.

Now we know. If you break the rules and blatantly exploit that action will be taking. And you are not going to like the results. But in the end its all ones choice to play with fire or not. If you want to exploit then fine, but you might get caught. When you do don't come onto the forums whining about it. If you take the chance then deal with the consequences.

Lightningman
11-06-2013, 08:35 PM
If Trion didn't care about the game then they wouldn't of bothered banning and/or penalizing the Extra Life Exploiters. But since they do care they took action.

They showed care by doing so. If they didn't take action then that would show that they don't care about their game or the community. But they do. lol @ ppl who did wrong and got caught and because of so say Trion doesn't care about Defiance. Its the exact opposite actually. They care about Defiance so much they are willing to protect it from this kind of stuff from happing.

Now we know. If you break the rules and blatantly exploit that action will be taking. And you are not going to like the results. But in the end its all ones choice to play with fire or not. If you want to exploit then fine, but you might get caught. When you do don't come onto the forums whining about it. If you take the chance then deal with the consequences.

Sorry but if they CARED they would ban people from the sword and shield glitch. Did you see them take action in it? I didn`t. They said it was legit.

Bonehead
11-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Sorry but if they CARED they would ban people from the sword and shield glitch. Did you see them take action in it? I didn`t. They said it was legit.

I'm thinking they are the ones to make the call as to what's legit and what's not.
I'm not saying it's not arbitrary and sometimes seems to make no sense but it's their call.

Draogn
11-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Why ban people? Because rules are rules, people broke them, got caught, and now get to see that their actions have a consequence. Rules are important, it is equally important to enforce those rules.

Chump Norris
11-06-2013, 09:16 PM

I agree with this post. The fact they did something to the exploiters gives me hope they still care.

Nefarious
11-06-2013, 10:22 PM

They never said the sword glitch was a legit thing to do. They know its wrong. Trust me. As far as players becoming invincible through use of exploits using perks or what not they made a statement on how they were going to fix it. But do to some kind of problems it didn't show up in the patch it was supposed to. But its going to.

And for hack shields. Yeah Trion doesn't like those and does ban players accounts when it is brought to their attention.

Whippersnapper
11-07-2013, 12:14 AM
Those that cheated need to be punished. Perma ban is too harsh, but temp bans and/or loss of Scrip + 1 strike on the account, is fine. Perma bans for those that reached their 3rd strike is of course, also fine.

This is a great opportunity to send a strong message that they have a 0 tolerance policy towards cheating/exploiting. They may lose some players, but gain the confidence of all those that are always complaining about how Trion doesn't do anything about cheaters.

mutharex
11-07-2013, 05:50 AM
In all online games (on PC or console) when a glitch/bug gets exploited over and over, the user gets either banned or rolled back to before the glitch (depending on how much he/she exploited the bug).
If peopel don't get such a basic notion, they shouldn't really play online games with an EULA