PDA

View Full Version : I want a new grenade type....

Elastik Spastik
11-07-2013, 09:28 AM
.....like the one in Thor The Dark World that the Dark Elves used. I watched it last night (in IMAX 3D of course, awesome film) and when I saw the grenades they used my first thought was "F**k they would be awesome in Defiance". Please devs can we have one like it or similar? Anyone who has watched it will know what I mean.

Zugo
11-07-2013, 09:44 AM
.....like the one in Thor The Dark World that the Dark Elves used. I watched it last night (in IMAX 3D of course, awesome film) and when I saw the grenades they used my first thought was "F**k they would be awesome in Defiance". Please devs can we have one like it or similar? Anyone who has watched it will know what I mean.

I have no clue what you're talking about, please tell us what those grenades did.

Chevota
11-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Youll get a new grenade type in DLC... well, kinda... Infector Grenades get rarity types added.

bigguy
11-07-2013, 10:20 AM
really rarity types for infector grenades? , and i thought they were going to quietly remove grenades altogether , i wish they would just come out and tell us what they are planning although i dont watch the livestream so maybe they did and i missed it

Steel Fire
11-07-2013, 10:25 AM
That's the first time I've seen it go as far afield as grenades being completely removed. What has been said, from what I've gathered, is that grenades won't be infinite anymore. They'll be ammo based, I.e. you can run out of them like weapon ammo until you pick up more. Apparently that's the apocalypse to some.

Chevota
11-07-2013, 10:33 AM
The cooldown system on nades is gone as we know it in DLC 2's Launch.

It is going to be an Ammo-type drop/Vendor refill for scrip... So basically youll either pick up and chuck different nades (like a boss, if done properly), or youll use your favorite type specifically from time to time.

Nades wont be removed. Thats just ridiculous.

They said they were bringing higher-tiered Infector nades in with DLC 2, but we'll have to wait if it goes the full range of Green -> Orange.

Grenade Rolls and Perks have already been changed to accompany these changes... Mad Bomber no longer has a 30% refresh chance on kill (The writing has been removed, but on my last check <over a week ago> it still had the 30% refresh on kill), and some Rolls are now coming out as "+15% DMG on next Grenade after a kill".

Elastik Spastik
11-07-2013, 11:22 AM
I have no clue what you're talking about, please tell us what those grenades did.

After being thrown they create a kind of thing that sucks in anything it touches but you see whatever getting sucked in crushed and destroyed and people snapped and crunched up until it it sucked itself into nothing. You have to see it to know.
Pretty awesome

Would love to see something like a monarch get crushed and compact into nothing.

Zugo
11-07-2013, 11:39 AM
After being thrown they create a kind of thing that sucks in anything it touches but you see whatever getting sucked in crushed and destroyed and people snapped and crunched up until it it sucked itself into nothing. You have to see it to know.
Pretty awesome

Would love to see something like a monarch get crushed and compact into nothing.

There is another game with this kind of grenade. Pulls everything in and then detonates. They are fun, but would have the PvPers up in arms.

Steel Fire
11-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Pretty awesome

Singularity grenade. Interesting concept, wouldn't be fun for very long even in PvE. Definitely wouldn't be fun for PvP as it takes away the player's skill in such that it creates an inescapable snare.

hardy83
11-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Infector grenades get rarity types in DLC2, and I'm sure they could add the grenades that Dark Matter and Volge use, which I assume is some coldfire type grenade.

Atticus Batman
11-07-2013, 03:22 PM

I've suggested several different grenade AND melee type weapons on the google suggestion thing. Most people hate the idea of more grenade types or melee weapons, apparently.

THey ALL got more bad votes than positive ones.

Chevota
11-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Singularity grenade. Interesting concept, wouldn't be fun for very long even in PvE.

Fantastic in PvE, what are you on about??... BL2, Toss Axton's Turret, then toss 2nd turret on wall, throw "black hole" grenade (i forget the names)in between the 2 (or throw the nade then the Nuke Turret(s) next to the nade)... Watch the devastation... Its called tactics lol, and they some FUN stuff.

Mess7739
11-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Those grenades remind me of the Dark Matter Cubes from Turok.

http://turok.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Matter_Cube

Steel Fire
11-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Fantastic in PvE, what are you on about??... BL2, Toss Axton's Turret, then toss 2nd turret on wall, throw "black hole" grenade (i forget the names)in between the 2 (or throw the nade then the Nuke Turret(s) next to the nade)... Watch the devastation... Its called tactics lol, and they some FUN stuff.
Fun when used sparingly. Not fun when you go to an arkfall or siege and folks can't kill anything because these are being tossed around so much.

maverick07
11-07-2013, 05:22 PM
I would like to see Cluster grenades like the ones the Elite Volge Troopers launch at you :). Of course they'd have to be a little different than the Clusters now for variety but I think they would be cool to use.

Infector grenades get rarity types in DLC2, and I'm sure they could add the grenades that Dark Matter and Volge use, which I assume is some coldfire type grenade.

Aww yeah. Forgot about the Dark Matter Grenades! Though I can already hear people in PvP complaining :D. If they would send you flying like they do from the Dark Matter guys anyway.

Punisher Illinois Blue
11-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Pretty awesome

Theirs a couple grenades like that in other syfys. 40K has the vortex grenade & 5 Blackhole Blackhole/Whitehole nova cannon shells, the XT 70 Korillian from M.I.B., the cleaning ball grenade from Arival, technically the Thermal detnator from Star Wars and Ion grenades from Halo 4.

I would love to have have lightning grenades like from Aliens Colonial Marines.