PDA

View Full Version : I demand a Bank or Storage system for storing items?

dreamcast87
11-07-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm tired of holding onto mods that I want to save until I get a gun that matches up with it but keep running out of space in my inventory. Is there some reason why we do not have a banking or storage system in this game? It's infuriating dammit.:mad:

hardy83
11-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Buy more space? lol
Yeah, I wish there was some form of housing (trailers at the crater?) that would have a, say 25-50 slot storage that you could dump mods and weapons in. Obviously being able to expand it's size from the shop.

I eventually just sold all my mobs. I tend to just use the cheap white/green ones. I'm not a min/max kind of player, but I can imagine it's really annoying for people who have dozens and dozens of blue and epic mods waiting for good weapons.

I'm also starting to see the need for an AH. After having some oranges and feeling that breaking them down or vendoring them is a complete waste.

crasher
11-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Good luck with that.

You have the support of hordes of disgruntled gamers including me. I'm pretty sure the whole 'buy more space' thing as mentioned by Hardy83 is part of the income stream Trion counts on.

In retrospect, I'm not sure if I've ever been gruntled, but that's an entirely separate issue.

Critical Errors
11-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Does no one else find it humorous that his DEMAND is a question?

rebtattoo
11-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Does no one else find it humorous that his DEMAND is a question?I was curious about that myself. Was going to respond, "Okay."

N3gativeCr33p
11-07-2013, 01:15 PM

The question mark being at the end of the thread title just sounds like a backhanded demand, in my opinion.

Humorous? Yes. Something to take seriously? No.

Zugo
11-07-2013, 01:16 PM

That is funny.

I know if they added some kind of separate storage system with one of the DLCs I would purchase it.

hint hint Trion

5T4LK3R
11-07-2013, 02:39 PM
I'd pbly buy moar if they have bank and sell extra slots for bank in item shop. Having 100+ Slots is a lot better than 100+ Inventory. And we don't even have Categories in our inventory. Putting Tabs for each weapon type and mod would make life a lot easier too.

BJWyler
11-07-2013, 02:41 PM
I'm tired of holding onto mods that I want to save until I get a gun that matches up with it but keep running out of space in my inventory. Is there some reason why we do not have a banking or storage system in this game? It's infuriating dammit.:mad:

PiA - agreed. Gonna happen? Not likely, Trick spoke on this specifically on a livestream and it sounded like it was something considered, then tossed aside, at least partially because that's what the inventory slots in the store are for.

Katkon
11-07-2013, 06:45 PM

I did - that's the only reason I opened/read the post. Was going to comment to that effect, but you beat me to it.

Market
11-07-2013, 06:48 PM

I read it and laughed loud enough to scare the wife and a cat... gotta say, this really made my night... true comedic genius!

hardy83
11-07-2013, 07:52 PM
PiA - agreed. Gonna happen? Not likely, Trick spoke on this specifically on a livestream and it sounded like it was something considered, then tossed aside, at least partially because that's what the inventory slots in the store are for.

I believe it's on their list of stuff to do, but it's not at the top, thus, who knows if we do see a bank or AH feature, if at all.

Maixx
11-07-2013, 08:30 PM
I doubt we will ever see one, for the same reason inventory slots are only available on 1 character, and that is it makes people spend cash on bits to buy extra inventory slots.
Inventory slots are a major source of revenue, and they're not going to fix that.

Arsenic_Touch
11-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Funniest thing about bank storage is that they said it wasn't a priority despite people asking for it since before launch.

We all know why though, it would cut into their precious inventory purchases.

Magickats242
11-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Even if they do provide some kind of storage, they can still have you purchase additional storage slots for your locker, or box, or whatever. They still stand to make some profit.

Arran
11-08-2013, 04:54 AM
We already have a storage bank if we use our heads. I have 4 dif chars. 2 I play on & 2 for storage. Not to mention u can fill up ur buy back from the vendor on each char so thats an extra 40 slots alone. Then u have ur claimed items. I have over 200 mods & schtako guns in there jus waiting for when I need them.
Shame I figured this out after buyin 200 slots on my main char.

hardy83
11-08-2013, 05:23 AM
Funniest thing about bank storage is that they said it wasn't a priority despite people asking for it since before launch.

We all know why though, it would cut into their precious inventory purchases.

Not if you had to pay bits to expand the bank storage. That's how most MMOs work, and it's usually the biggest seller.

I'm sure Trion won't tell us, but I imagine the increased inventory slots is the biggest seller in the shop, and bank slots would probably be right up there.

I just imagine it's a time issue when they have so many other things they want to do/fix.

crasher
11-08-2013, 06:24 AM
We already have a storage bank if we use our heads. I have 4 dif chars. 2 I play on & 2 for storage. Not to mention u can fill up ur buy back from the vendor on each char so thats an extra 40 slots alone. Then u have ur claimed items. I have over 200 mods & schtako guns in there jus waiting for when I need them.
Shame I figured this out after buyin 200 slots on my main char.
All true.

** But when you consider the time investment in leveling the storage 'toon up to an arbitrary level for additional slots just to make the 'toon worth while...

** And that cuts into time invested in primary 'toon.

** And then you have to find a friend with enough time to stand there while you sort through the non-specific inventory that randomly resorts itself whenever you click on something, repeating the process to get stuff back from friend, it's a major pita you don't want o repeat too often.

** AND you get to log in/out/in over and over again with alt's while your friends are standing there and not hitting that series of AFalls or sieges....

** You can take stuff out of claims, but not put in, and you stand a decent chance of not being able to get the mastery bonus on a weapon you let go to claims.

** And weapons only go to claims if your inventory is already full, which precludes you from looting new stuff unless you want to stop and crush an item every time you want to pick up/loot a new item, while in a coop with friends, or a loot bonus is running, and you might be getting shot at. Which puts you in the position of being in a hurry, and mistakenly crushing that valuable orange you were modding with purples, by mistake....

** AND you get to buy back all the items from storage so the one you want to actually sell for scrap doesn't bump keepers off the list, (and you need empty slots to buy them back) unless you want to spend time tracking the clinkers/savers in the vendor inventory as they work their way thru the system.

** And while you're doing all that - you're not looting...

But letting purple mods drop into claims was a good idea, as long as you took the time to fill the inventory first before hitting the lottery box.

Just sayin'.....

:)

Z0mb1E
11-08-2013, 12:50 PM

This is called your inventory, and can be expanded with BITS