PDA

View Full Version : Epics I collected before the patch doesn't have stats like new epics?

MattN
11-08-2013, 04:16 PM
The new epic guns has white, green, blue and purple bonus stats. While a bunch of epics that I hoarded before the patch only has green and purple bonus. After the patch, still the same?

Steel Fire
11-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Your old, pre-patch guns stay the same, yes. They don't get new rolls. Only new stuff after the patch gets the extra rolls.

rebtattoo
11-08-2013, 05:19 PM
They do, however, get the Dmg. buff.

crasher
11-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Trion decided to introduce the concept of:

Legendary Version 2.0

Alexri
11-09-2013, 05:07 AM
Some bonuses have changed (as in, the same bonus has changed, not new similar bonuses) and then old guns will get the new version of the bonus. I just came back to the game and found that my legendary VOT Blaster now has a bonus of +24 mag, used to be 12 or something like that

Etaew
11-09-2013, 05:08 AM
Trion decided to introduce the concept of:

Legendary Version 2.0

Wonder if it was sneakily intentional. To keep the guys busy that already had weapons they were happy with making them chase new gear.

- That's content right?

Sanguinesun
11-09-2013, 05:39 AM
Wonder if it was sneakily intentional. To keep the guys busy that already had weapons they were happy with making them chase new gear.

- That's content right?

Welcome to the desert of the real, Neo. :P

Liquidacid
11-09-2013, 06:15 AM

- That's content right?

eh it kind of is... pretty much every MMO, and some SP games, do it... they release updates with better/new stuff to start you gear chasing all over again and call it content... tho with Defiance there is so little straight vertical progression I suppose they have to do it a little different than just slapping in a new tier that's one higher every few months because it wouldn't balance out with the rest of the game

Planetside 2 kind of does it the same way since it's mostly horizontal progression... they release weapons then go and tone down/change the older ones (calling it a balance pass... lol) thus making the new ones they just added desirable... you can still use the older ones but they are no longer as good as they were in as many situations

it's kind of a hitch with horizontal progression... you have to keep cramming things into tighter and tighter niches to make them all equal in power but still different enough to justify having them

I don't think this game could even support more actual vertical progression unless we get some harder content... any better gear than we have and you could just roll your face on the keyboard and win (you can already do it now sometimes)

Bane_Of_Legends
11-09-2013, 06:27 AM
you could just roll your face on the keyboard and win (you can already do it now sometimes)

Don't forget the console players that can play with their toes while eating strawberry cheesecake. :D

Falandarin
11-09-2013, 06:45 AM
Don't forget the console players that can play with their toes while eating strawberry cheesecake. :D

I love strawberry cheesecake.

bigguy
11-09-2013, 07:32 AM
have you ever been to cheesecake factory that cheesecake is insane , any flavor you can think of

Taz13
11-09-2013, 04:41 PM
The Cheese Cake Factory rocks!!!!!!!!:D