PDA

View Full Version : terrible start not a good sign at all

gonzo
04-02-2013, 08:37 AM
Well I got tell ya not a good sign. First off one of my game top pre order codes work gives code invalid error. Plus all of the bonuses for entering the ark codes during beta don't show up . Then to top it off 5 minutes into gae have to do hard restart on ps3 do to freezing. If this is an example of what's to come I suggest anyone who hasn't picked up should definitely wait and watch boards.

Pale
04-02-2013, 08:40 AM
or buy on PC, launch was great all my stuff was in claim items and never crashed, and no lag even with the hored of newbies running around.

Synder
04-02-2013, 08:42 AM
Well I got tell ya not a good sign. First off one of my game top pre order codes work gives code invalid error. Plus all of the bonuses for entering the ark codes during beta don't show up . Then to top it off 5 minutes into gae have to do hard restart on ps3 do to freezing. If this is an example of what's to come I suggest anyone who hasn't picked up should definitely wait and watch boards.

New to MMO's? Becasue this happens EVERYTIME at lauch, granted not to everyone, but it DOES happen. It will be fixed. If you think this is bad, if 1/8 of the Problems DCUO had a launch happens to this game, you are gopnna flip out! Things like chat not working for weeks, friends list self removing, servers taken offline with no warning, CONSTANT crashing, items vanishing, etc etc.

Exeter
04-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Had a similar issue getting the last 3 of my ark code bonus working. I was able to fix it by entering one more additional code on top of the 120. Worth a shot. Chat does need to be redone especially for pc, needs to be able to change size, make the fade stop, change font etc.

gonzo
04-02-2013, 09:33 AM
or buy on PC, launch was great all my stuff was in claim items and never crashed, and no lag even with the hored of newbies running around.

Glad it worked for u but not gonna buy a PC copy cause ps3 isn't worth it

gonzo
04-02-2013, 09:35 AM
New to MMO's? Becasue this happens EVERYTIME at lauch, granted not to everyone, but it DOES happen. It will be fixed. If you think this is bad, if 1/8 of the Problems DCUO had a launch happens to this game, you are gopnna flip out! Things like chat not working for weeks, friends list self removing, servers taken offline with no warning, CONSTANT crashing, items vanishing, etc etc.

I hear hat your saying but if I pay 65 bucks for something I expect it to work

Darkane
04-02-2013, 09:37 AM
I'd suggest giving them a few days to sort things out. They've already made patches and are working on the servers today. This game will be incredible once everything is up and running as it should be.

Trog
04-02-2013, 09:39 AM
https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/478/session/L3RpbWUvMTM2NDkxOTYwOC9zaWQvRmoyZjZKbWw%3D

Synder
04-02-2013, 09:40 AM

I understand, I paid $150+ for my Ultimate edition. And CANT get my content( armor, season pass, etc etc), as it says the code is invalid! WTF? If this "not working" perfect upsets you, id avoid all future mmo's, as that WONT happen at launch.

Vitesse
04-02-2013, 09:45 AM

Then you might consider never ever buying an MMO in the future because a flawless launch with so many players is impossible.

You should start to worry about a MMO when there are no problems at all during the launch because it'd mean the game already is dead

Pang
04-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Yeah I think MMO Devs should put a warning label on their games saying that if you have low patience, and expect perfection on launch day that you should wait a few days before playing the game.

Cheven
04-02-2013, 10:00 AM
The game is not a great start because your console doesn't work properly. It all make sense, not

Serev
04-02-2013, 10:10 AM
What amazes me is how amazing the Rift launch was. There were very few problems and they were quickly addressed.

I bought Defiance directly from Trion and I can't even patch the game because it hasn't been applied to my account.

Game purchase shows in my transaction history.
I've been charged for the game.
Can't log in b/c I'm "not entitled to play Defiance".

It amazes me that if I had bought it through Steam, I'd have been able to download the patch no problem, but because I decided to go directly to the makers of the game, I'm getting the shaft.

Yes, I've tried changing my password. It doesn't work.

Woo.

greatdividers
04-02-2013, 10:13 AM
What amazes me is how amazing the Rift launch was. There were very few problems and they were quickly addressed.

I bought Defiance directly from Trion and I can't even patch the game because it hasn't been applied to my account.

Game purchase shows in my transaction history.
I've been charged for the game.
Can't log in b/c I'm "not entitled to play Defiance".

It amazes me that if I had bought it through Steam, I'd have been able to download the patch no problem, but because I decided to go directly to the makers of the game, I'm getting the shaft.

Yes, I've tried changing my password. It doesn't work.

Woo.

it amazes me that people are to stupid to read 1 of the other 200 threads regarding this issue and how to fix it. there are more things to do than just change your password FYI.

Tenbears
04-02-2013, 10:16 AM
LMAO. yet another ZOMG LAUNCH FAIL! thread...

ironhands
04-02-2013, 10:18 AM
it amazes me that people are to stupid to read 1 of the other 200 threads regarding this issue and how to fix it. there are more things to do than just change your password FYI.

he says he's tried the password fix

try subbing to the newsletter, verifying your email, and that you've put in any codes. though since you purchased from Trion directly (i'm assuming from your post), you shouldn't have an issue. submit a ticket and they'll have you up "soon"

greatdividers
04-02-2013, 10:21 AM
he says he's tried the password fix

try subbing to the newsletter, verifying your email, and that you've put in any codes. though since you purchased from Trion directly (i'm assuming from your post), you shouldn't have an issue. submit a ticket and they'll have you up "soon"

i'm not sure if my post wasn't clear........ but the last sentence was "there are more things to do than just change your password FYI."

Radz
04-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Question: Where are you getting told your code is invalid?

kajun mulisha
04-02-2013, 10:54 AM

your misfortune as well as a few others should not influence others to wait and buy. im having no hang ups. my experience has been great. hopefully yours changes for the better but remember, day 1 on all games have issues wether big or small. be patient

zapfrog
04-02-2013, 11:00 AM
Well after the server update/patch this afternoon all my preorder and link account bonuses showed up so thats one problem fixed. Maybe the mics are next :)

gonzo
04-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Well after the server update/patch this afternoon all my preorder and link account bonuses showed up so thats one problem fixed. Maybe the mics are next :)
They did patch it where you get bonuses but mic still major problem. I know of 20 friends who canceled preorders and are now waiting until certain things are working. It would be as bad if the beta forums administrator "Sledgehammer" didn't go on every pse beta forum post that mentioned miss or voice chat and say it was fixed in game. The fact that he blatantly lied is why I told friends to hold off.