PDA

View Full Version : Code on the back of my book [invalid!!]

Ryeknox
04-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Just picked up the game an hour ago and finally installed and passed the tutorial. I Followed the instructions on the back of my book, and the code came up invalid or no longer exists!. Go check for all my claimed items Ark hunter rewards and my Gamestop sporeshot gun. NOTHING!, Anyone know where I can claim my pre-order bonuses!. I've followed all these instructions and still nothing!

hellrazare
04-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Same thing with me. My code is not working, says its either invalid or entered incorrectly, ive checked 3-4 times.

Sludge
04-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Gamestop

There's your problem right there.

nathanpbutler
04-02-2013, 09:09 AM
I am having the same problem (and not getting one of the two lock boxes I was supposed to get via Preorder and Arkfall codes). I've submitted a support ticket.

lundwooder
04-02-2013, 09:15 AM
I'm having the same problem but after a few times it said a transaction is pending so now I just play the waiting game

hellrazare
04-02-2013, 09:17 AM
i linked my console, had all 120 codes entered and pre ordered the ultimate edition. it didnt give me jack yet :(

Ryeknox
04-02-2013, 09:23 AM
I see a few people driving around with the challenger. That's another thing I'm unsure about. My game with a card taped to the front for my sporeshot. Another on the back. I haven't seen anything about the challenger yet. Is their something else gamestop should of given me or is included in with my sporeshot card.

nathanpbutler
04-02-2013, 09:35 AM
I ran into this myself with Arkfall code and Preorder bonuses. I logged out, shut down the game, then restarted the game. Once I was in, all of the gear (except one missing lock box) from those two bonuses were present to be claimed in the store. Still no redemption yet for the Ultimate Edition code, but the other stuff came up fine after restart.

CeissaDesiste
04-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Same thing happening to me can't redeem my code from the back of the book, but rumor is that we will get our stuff when the PSN store updates later today.

zapfrog
04-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Same here. Linked account bonuses and preorder bonuses not working. Tried restarting the game and...nothing. Never had a game debut go so badly for me before.

Colts87
04-02-2013, 10:09 AM
I don't understand the whole wait for the PSN store to update rumor. Why was this not an issue with other preorder codes? I had no issues with BF3, BO2, or any other game I have preordered in the past. These were all from GameStop, so i'm not going to blame them. (As of right now) Now if those Publishers/Devs paid to have those items immediately available I can understand that, but I don't if that was the case.

Strigol
04-02-2013, 10:27 AM
question for those that bought from gamestop.

was your pre order bonus on the reciept or was it on a card you got w/ the game?

thedoorsdk
04-02-2013, 10:30 AM
I ran into this myself with Arkfall code and Preorder bonuses. I logged out, shut down the game, then restarted the game. Once I was in, all of the gear (except one missing lock box) from those two bonuses were present to be claimed in the store. Still no redemption yet for the Ultimate Edition code, but the other stuff came up fine after restart.

Ditto for me. If nothing is there, sign out and back in. This worked for my arkhunter/pre-order bonuses, but apparently we have to wait for the PSN store to update to redeem the code on the back of the manual.

Ryeknox
04-02-2013, 10:34 AM
My pre-order came taped in front it was the sporeshot gun. I also received my pre-orders after the 12:30est patch. Check The defiance store. Start>Hold R2> analog down to defiance store> and check claim items. Though the back of my book still said invalid. Not sure what it was or if I am missing anything. So far everything is accounted for Ark fall codes, challenger, and sporeshot.
Though I can't seem to find the setting to turn on the numeric damage. Anyone else having this problem or know where it's located.

nitroz76
04-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Yeah, I got invalid code, too.

pHaDeXoNeR801
04-02-2013, 10:36 AM

I did the same and it worked. I live chatted with a Sony rep. They said the PSN store updates on Tuesdays, try again later since the game was released today. Where are you missing your lockbox from? Ultimate edition, preorder or ark codes?

DirtyFeast
04-02-2013, 10:47 AM
We should wait until PS Store updates. If you still have problems then contact Sony as really this forum can not do anything about it. I am waiting because I purchased digital download and have no choice but to wait.

smokiebr
04-02-2013, 10:52 AM
none of the codes will work till psn updates and adds all the extra content to be able to be downloaded =]

zapfrog
04-02-2013, 10:58 AM
none of the codes will work till psn updates and adds all the extra content to be able to be downloaded =]

Actually not true. After I waited for the Defiance servers to get patched I restarted my ps3 all my stuff showed up; preorder bonuses, linked account bonuses, etc.

While not in the "Claim Items" section of the Defiance store before the patch they showed up to claim after the patch. Yay!

chapel
04-02-2013, 11:01 AM
The code came out on the reciept from gamestop for mine...link your acct, and then restart your game. Claim your items from the store

SumMischief
04-02-2013, 11:07 AM
As many games go when their is a offer if they don't work it has something to do with PSN. . Most times they not valid till the store is updated, allowing you to redeem the codes.

Deadpool
04-02-2013, 11:09 AM
the code came out on the reciept from gamestop for mine...link your acct, and then restart your game. Claim your items from the store

yeah this +10 char

Zandiya
04-02-2013, 11:27 AM
News Feed on character select screen when starting up the game states:

"Welcome to Defiance! All product vouchers will be available with the Playstation Network update the evening of April 2nd. Thank you for your patience."

Myst
04-02-2013, 11:31 AM

"Welcome to Defiance! All product vouchers will be available with the Playstation Network update the evening of April 2nd. Thank you for your patience."

Yeah most of us didn't see that I was one of them and stupidly kept trying to enter it hoping it would work. It's what happens when you are so enthusiastic for the game that you don't bother reading everything :p

WhiskeyCrazy
04-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Enter the code through the "Redeem Code" area under Account Management (outside of the game)

You're welcome

Zandiya
04-02-2013, 12:02 PM
The 12 digit code on the back of the manual cannot be entered there.
It can only be done inside the game store and not until after the PSN update this evening.

WhiskeyCrazy
04-02-2013, 12:09 PM
The 12 digit code on the back of the manual cannot be entered there.
It can only be done inside the game store and not until after the PSN update this evening.

Funny since I put my UE code in that way and it worked (and since when you try to do it in game it takes you to a PSn storefront.... And since ALL PSn codes are 12 character)

But what do I know?

Zandiya
04-02-2013, 12:27 PM
'Apply Code' page is 20 digit...

-_-

WhiskeyCrazy

Here's the proof - but again, what do I know? ;)

WhiskeyCrazy
'Redeem Code' page is 20 digit...

-_-

it's ALWAYS been 12

TRAP
04-02-2013, 01:03 PM

If thats the case how come people already have the car? also I already got the 1200 bits...