PDA

View Full Version : Bought game sight unseen

scruffyhobbit
04-02-2013, 08:48 AM
I had 0 knowledge of the game outside of the commercial, and the steam ad i saw the other day. Seeing the game was an open world futuristic shooter, I was intrigued. Having just gotten my tax refund, there was a hole being burned in my pocket.

I have experience with TRION and Rift. I was there at Rifts beginning with my CE and my turtle mount, and that was a very good MMO release, I was surprised. So, when I saw they made a shooter, my interest was piqued. I see the typical amount of crying (for lack of a better term) about the game being a port, no graphic options, buggy, etc.

I look at it like this, if it's not a SimCity-like release, it's a success! Simplistic, I know. But hey Maxis & EA really set the bar high with that travesty.

I totally understood that this was / is multiplatform, so I'm sure the PC version has a lot of little things that carry over (like the apparent inability to change graphic settings).

I don't think TRION is the kind of company that would let a PC game be restricted by its console counterparts...at least I hope.

I look forward to getting home and playing this before the Knicks / Heat game.

ironhands
04-02-2013, 08:54 AM
I hope you enjoy it, it's a great game so far!

Tex Longhorn
04-02-2013, 09:01 AM
I also had no prior knowledge of this game/show before this last Sunday. I won't be picking it up until Thursday (waiting out the Launch rush) but I am totally stoked.

I took part in the launches of Rift, Aion, DC Universe and WoW: Lich King and Cataclysm, so when I saw this was a multi-platform MMO, I knew there'd be days of bugs and patches and got in no big hurry. That said, aside from the technical hang-ups that are to be expected, it looks like things are going far smoother than some launches but less perfect than players would like - again, to be expected.

That said, I've watch ten+ hours of video, read up on the lore and beta results and generally done my homework in the last couple of days - and I am really ready to get rolling out there!