PDA

View Full Version : Trion Give Players a reason to play freight yard

MordecaiHunter
11-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Not sure what its like on other servers but on the ps3 eu freight yard is dead which iam sure its been said before but you guys dont seem to be doing anything about it,

This week its echelon weekly and todays daily to play freight yard, and yet since yesterday there has been just 2 matches,:mad: Adding contracts is not getting players playing it regular,

Why not increase the keycodes and scrip rewards for playing it ? - that might pull a few arkfall hunters away

it just seems to me that you are not doing the right things to sort out the state pvp is in atm.

Worldviewsinc
11-12-2013, 02:15 PM
Not sure what its like on other servers but on the ps3 eu freight yard is dead which iam sure its been said before but you guys dont seem to be doing anything about it,

This week its echelon weekly and todays daily to play freight yard, and yet since yesterday there has been just 2 matches,:mad: Adding contracts is not getting players playing it regular,

Why not increase the keycodes and scrip rewards for playing it ? - that might pull a few arkfall hunters away

it just seems to me that you are not doing the right things to sort out the state pvp is in atm.

Please change the thread title to:

"Trion, give players a reason to play at all!!!

MordecaiHunter
11-13-2013, 02:15 AM
also Trion you should reduce the major arkfall spawns

TalynOne
11-13-2013, 02:48 AM

Wait, why?

Jimmy Dogg
11-13-2013, 02:55 AM
It's all been said before I'm afraid. You get 5 key codes for arkfalls, so your right you should get 5 key codes for pvp as well. I've played from the start and since Military Academy came out I've never got a chance to play it once. They need to shorten queue's plus give more incentive to play. We have to beg people just to get games started, then they can leave when it's started.

P.s PS3 EU that is

Chump Norris
11-13-2013, 03:29 AM

This is the type of thing that makes me so very happy PvP is dead. Its not enough our PvE weapons and perks get nerfed but we should have less Arkfalls in an attempt to force us to play PvP?

Arran
11-13-2013, 04:26 AM
Played my 1st military academy last night & went 28-1 with my beasty new speed boost heavy sawn off :)
Requirments 2 get it going Dec needs to be reduced.
Thanx to our awesum clan ARK LEIGON ELITE for helping every1 get their echelon contracts done in one night. U guys are the best :)

play
11-13-2013, 05:08 AM

"Trion, give players a reason to play at all!!!

"Trion, give players a reason to PVP!!!

MaxSterling
11-13-2013, 05:51 AM
Remove all remnants of PvP.

Add more co-op maps.

They tried it. It failed. The nerfs resulting from PvP have screwed up weapons for PvE.

If Echelon insists on contracts for PvP, restrict them to duels.

TheOz
11-13-2013, 07:18 AM
Trion Give Players a reason to play freight yard
Joke response - Cookies?!

Serious response - Unfortunately Defiance apparently sold the worst on the PS3. A smaller starting playerbase combined with an unstable game and a poorly designed PvP mean that Defiance PvP quickly, like 3 months after launch on the NA server, became a ghost town. At this point I don't think that ANY incentive barring hiring "companions" for players in real life that play PvP would entice people to return to PvP en masse.

The ONLY possibility would be a complete overhaul to PvP. Kind of like any or all of these possiblities - separate item stats for PvE & PvP, removal of cloak, add stamina to PvP to make "bunnies" more strategic, removal of Ego in PvP, Set loadouts, matched item stats in PvP ie you can put any gun you own in your PvP loadout but EVERYONE that uses that gun has the exact same stats so skill wins not the RNG with weapon rolls, include an "opt in" open world PvP so all of the purple dots turn red, add a true faction system to the open world PvP with factions marked as at war on a daily/hourly/weekly basis and all for reputation points, all PvE weapons to only be used in Shadow Wars while instantiated PvP use the same gun stat system, remove infector homing from PvP - I could probably go on but I won't.

I don't know if any of these things would bring people back to PvP - too bad NONE of these were thought of or implemented. Who knows, if they had this thread might not even exist.

Arsenic_Touch
11-13-2013, 08:47 AM
First step is to remove or lower player limits on maps. At least that way more pvp matches can happen.
Second step is to add a random queue and a set queue that spawns across all servers. Assuming it's possible.
Third step is to add incentives to pvp, a competitive ladder system. A point system based on wins/losses and brackets to represent them. Objectives to complete outside of "killing each other" even the capture and hold maps are more about klilling than capturing points.

Once they get these 3 down, they can work on balance issues and actually save the pvp side of this game. Though the truth of the matter is, there is no way they can really balance the guns, they need to balance the perks to counter the guns.

bigguy
11-13-2013, 09:04 AM
i believe arsenic touch hit the nail on the head , and to the OP YOU CANT MAKE A SUGGESTION LIKE REDUCE THE NUMBER OF MAJOR ARKFALL SPAWNS THATS WHAT MOST PEOPLE WANT TO DO AND WOULD THEREFORE RUIN THE GAME USE YOUR BRAIN THEY CANT CHANGE THE GAME TO SUIT YOU ALONE