PDA

View Full Version : Unsure what pistol to put a +Mag mod on :(

Whippersnapper
11-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Anyway, I got a +12 pistol Mag and I'm torn between putting it on this or that pistol because sometimes things aren't so clear cut. So I thought Id ask for your thoughts.

I can put it on my Extra Lifesteal Pistol, but not so fast.... Remember, it has that nano-mastery synergy. So perhaps an Effect Catalyst % mod instead?

There's my epic faction vendor Frontier Pistol with the toxic nano. I just got it to try it out and finish off the Reputation Pursuit. A +12Mag on a 1222dmg/shot pistol is nice. It's got a nano, but no nano-mastery stacking possibilities to consider....

A blue Particle Ultimag with Syphon. No nano-mastery, but it's got one built in already so....

A legendary VBI PA-12 Haar with 2 mag bonuses that would give it a 37 clip if I added the +mag mod...

Thoughts? Concerns? Regrets?

crasher
11-13-2013, 11:09 AM
Anyway, I got a +12 pistol Mag and I'm torn between putting it on this or that pistol because sometimes things aren't so clear cut. So I thought Id ask for your thoughts.

I can put it on my Extra Lifesteal Pistol, but not so fast.... Remember, it has that nano-mastery synergy. So perhaps an Effect Catalyst % mod instead?

There's my epic faction vendor Frontier Pistol with the toxic nano. I just got it to try it out and finish off the Reputation Pursuit. A +12Mag on a 1222dmg/shot pistol is nice. It's got a nano, but no nano-mastery stacking possibilities to consider....

A blue Particle Ultimag with Syphon. No nano-mastery, but it's got one built in already so....

A legendary VBI PA-12 Haar with 2 mag bonuses that would give it a 37 clip if I added the +mag mod...

When in doubt about such things, or just to level the weapon to check for mastery, I've put cheap generic mods on (the white or green, depending on the weapon). That way you get better stats while leveling, but don't lose good mods when you pull them off to put something else on when the first choice of crit/damage didn't pan out.

Just an option that might help from time to time.....

Shogo_Yahagi
11-13-2013, 11:15 AM

You may want to check that Lifesteal pistol. None of the stuff I bought from the EL vendor had mod slots, and they wouldn't let me add them either. Hello, salvage matrix.

A big mag bonus on flare pistols actually turns them into a viable weapon because you don't have to reload after every shot.

I also put one on Deta Aru, because it's basically an SMG that uses pistol ammo, but it doesn't have great base capacity.

I might try one of those over the weapons you mentioned.

Etaew
11-13-2013, 11:16 AM
You may want to check that Lifesteal pistol. None of the stuff I bought from the EL vendor had mod slots, and they wouldn't let me add them either.

I've added slots to my Extra Life Bolt Action Sniper Rifle and Light Machine Gun. As with all items make sure it isn't in any loadout first.

Shogo_Yahagi
11-13-2013, 11:24 AM
I've added slots to my Extra Life Bolt Action Sniper Rifle and Light Machine Gun. As with all items make sure it isn't in any loadout first.

Hrm. I think I still have a syringe gun and a detonator left. I can try them the next time I get on. I know when I tried to add slots to my LMG, it told me I couldn't add slots to that weapon, and I'm pretty sure I didn't have it in any loadouts when I tried to add them. I think it only gave me the option to add mods when I still had it in my loadout, and I had to remove it to even see the add slots option, but I could be wrong.

crasher
11-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Hrm. I think I still have a syringe gun and a detonator left. I can try them the next time I get on. I know when I tried to add slots to my LMG, it told me I couldn't add slots to that weapon, and I'm pretty sure I didn't have it in any loadouts when I tried to add them. I think it only gave me the option to add mods when I still had it in my loadout, and I had to remove it to even see the add slots option, but I could be wrong.
Yeah, I got multiple units from the EL guys on several 'toons.
First thing I did was add all the slots to all of 'em.

Whippersnapper
11-13-2013, 12:18 PM
Yes I've added slots to most of my Xtra Life weapons. No issue being unable to add slots so far.

So...about my dilemma.....

Steel Fire
11-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I added slots to both my EL Thunder and sniper rifle.

As to the OP, my personal opinion would only be that unless you intend to use the Haar as a primary weapon, I can't see having 37 rounds in it being that useful. Beyond that, my thought would be equip it to whichever one you think you'll use the most and want the capacity for.

Nefarious
11-13-2013, 01:46 PM
The Frontier Pistol (Magnum) shoots slow as hell. a 0.8 fire rate. I wouldint bother putting 12 extra rounds with that. At best take advantage of its low clip size and add a Rapid Reload to it to gain ego recharge from Pumped up. In fact I wouldint bother using the Frontier Pistol at all. It shoots way to slow. It angers me lol.

Any other one is better to put the +12 on. But between the 3 I would go with the Haar. Would be the Lifesteal but a extended mag on those models look dumb imo.

Kaiselius
11-13-2013, 04:31 PM
The Frontier Pistol (Magnum) shoots slow as hell. a 0.8 fire rate. I wouldint bother putting 12 extra rounds with that. At best take advantage of its low clip size and add a Rapid Reload to it to gain ego recharge from Pumped up. In fact I wouldint bother using the Frontier Pistol at all. It shoots way to slow. It angers me lol.

Any other one is better to put the +12 on. But between the 3 I would go with the Haar. Would be the Lifesteal but a extended mag on those models look dumb imo.

I have to disagree, I love my drum magazine!

Whippersnapper
11-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Is there a Catalytic Amplifier III? Or is II the highest? I will probably end up adding it to the Lifesteal for the extra proc. It's too tempting to ignore.

Nefarious
11-13-2013, 06:19 PM
It only goes up to II. Makes sense since there are perks that can be equipped that can add higher chance of Nano effects. Can be found at the Mod Vendor at The Crater

Bonehead
11-13-2013, 06:56 PM
Yes I've added slots to most of my Xtra Life weapons. No issue being unable to add slots so far.

So...about my dilemma.....

Save it for a northstar flare.
You won't be sorry.