PDA

View Full Version : Noob and DLC

Snoozey
11-13-2013, 06:25 PM
So I just got the 4 pack on steam and friends are currently downloading the game. Is there anything I should need out of the DLC? As in should I buy it before I really even play? The race looks meh not really interested in it unless it has some crazy racials or something (Know little to none about the game)

QipQip
11-13-2013, 06:32 PM
If you aren't interested in the new race the DLC adds very little to the game.

Bonehead
11-13-2013, 06:38 PM
nope.
You get all the best parts of the dlc with the base game. The only thing you miss out on is the new storyline(3 data recorders,Woo hoooo?) and access to some meh arenas (finish all five and you get a charge blade) and the worst vehicle in the game.

Just have some fun with the game and if after a while you fall in love with it you can always get the dlc later on.
BTW you have a chance of drawing a charge blade from tier four lock boxes in game without the dlc.

Gomly
11-13-2013, 06:46 PM
and the worst vehicle in the game.

But at least you can drive your friends around and make them suffer with you.

Bonehead
11-13-2013, 06:49 PM
But at least you can drive your friends around and make them suffer with you.

Credit where credit is due.
If you all have "hell on wheels" equipped you can hit and run murder volge troopers like a boss.

It is nice to see you again Gom.

crasher
11-13-2013, 06:54 PM
If you all have "hell on wheels" equipped you can hit and run murder volge troopers like a boss.

Damn, I only use that for explosions coop.
Never thought to run it outside of there or PvP type of stuff, and since I don't PvP.....

Bonehead
11-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Damn, I only use that for explosions coop.
Never thought to run it outside of there or PvP type of stuff, and since I don't PvP.....

To be clear, everyone in the raptor has to have it equipped or it's just a flaming shortbus of death.

Gomly
11-13-2013, 07:01 PM

Does sound like a fun way to kill volge.

And you too fella :)

Was hoping their would still be some old faces around.

And Crasher, it's hard to reply to you when your inbox is full bud.

Snoozey
11-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the quick replies guys. We should be playing within the next couple minutes looks like everyone is almost done downloading. I'll pass the info along to the others.

Market
11-13-2013, 07:14 PM
To be clear, everyone in the raptor has to have it equipped or it's just a flaming shortbus of death.

I have been having a pretty rough day today, and the "shortbus of death" comment really cheered me up... thanks for that!! :)

Atticus Batman
11-13-2013, 08:45 PM
nope.
You get all the best parts of the dlc with the base game. The only thing you miss out on is the new storyline(3 data recorders,Woo hoooo?) and access to some meh arenas (finish all five and you get a charge blade) and the worst vehicle in the game.

Just have some fun with the game and if after a while you fall in love with it you can always get the dlc later on.
BTW you have a chance of drawing a charge blade from tier four lock boxes in game without the dlc.

That's what gets me. I would rather buy the Dlc because for ten bucks you get:
1: a Vehicle
2: a new race
3: a new outfit and possibly helmet
4: a new (minor) mission
5: a weapons pack
6: one free character remake

For ten bucks in the store you get:
A new truck OR a new outfit MINUS helmet

Umfafa
11-13-2013, 09:24 PM

Why did that make me spit beer on my pants and think of "They Killed Kenny" from Southpark?