PDA

View Full Version : My Goodness!! Is anybody happy???

Donnyrides
04-02-2013, 09:00 AM
I suggest none of you people complaining ever get a job involving software. Anomalies and unforeseen oddities happen in all multiple user applications. It's nothing that can't be resolved but it takes a little bit of time. Go have a snack, maybe watch a movie or take a quick cat nap and come back to the game servers in a little while. I'm sure some of the issues will be ironed out by then.

Just try to consider the process and how programs can be corrected. It's a new game that doesn't have the luxury that other top games have of simply building a sequel using all the server setup schema info from past versions of the game.

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just saying "Patience is a virtue"

vikijune
04-02-2013, 09:02 AM
:) my thoughts exactly i have seen and heard of worse launches than this one

Tensu Makadi
04-02-2013, 09:06 AM
I have been waiting for 11 hours now patience has its limits. People should in no way just sit back and except that a game they paid good money to play is in no way useable for them for half the day on its release day.

TriDawg
04-02-2013, 09:07 AM
I'm VERY happy!! Very happy I didn't take the day off work to play this game and decided I would wait and see if there are any launch day glitches! ;)

R0KUBI
04-02-2013, 09:08 AM
How dare I buy a game and expect to play it, what the **** was I thinking!

NCDigital
04-02-2013, 09:09 AM
I was there day 1 with Age of Conan, so my tolerance for MMO launches are pretty good. I need to beat Bioshock Infinite anyways :)

cyrix
04-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Im happy, I got cake!

HAMMY
im happy I think i have all the updates at least.... until the next one

usrevenge2
it's 2013, you should not have server issues for games, the whole point of preorders is for companies to get an idea of how many people will be playing at launch

Mack
04-02-2013, 09:11 AM
How dare I buy a game and expect to play it, what the **** was I thinking!

Lol'd

Just keep trying :P

ev08u
04-02-2013, 09:12 AM
i can't play til 1030 tonight when i get off of WORK, so everyone complaining should just **** lol, everyone else enjoy!

Ape One
04-02-2013, 09:16 AM
MMOs in general are not at their best on their release date.

Donnyrides
04-02-2013, 09:25 AM
There is a very good chance that you will all live long happy lives without getting to play your game to it's fullest hours after it's launch.

Pre order has nothing to do with predicting users/servers, It's a way for the game to make some up front money to pay some bills. How long does your PC take to boot? Do you freak out when you have to wait for 2 minutes while all the background junk sets itself up or when patches have to be installed. It's kind of along the same lines. You have to expect patches. This isn't a nintendo cartridge where you get what's on the card and that's that. This game is and forever will be a constantly evolving piece of software that can be manipulated at any moment by it's creator. The only way you can stay at a consistent version level so you can play with the same exact experience as the guy down the street is to install upgrades. I think it's great that their are already patches to install. That shows the the dev team cares about our input from Beta and are making changes.

If you don't like it, don't play it. BUT you already opened the game so your $60+ belongs to Trion now.

loops73
04-02-2013, 09:32 AM
this is an xbox game...you buy it ,you play it..except I cant play it.we have a right to not be happy

theycallmelaz
04-02-2013, 09:34 AM
nope not happy at all! Going to use the disc as a tea mat grrrrrr rant babble moan etc etc :-P

Colteran
04-02-2013, 09:35 AM
I am incredibly happy. Servers may be up and down, but I did get a brief moment of game time in, and I loved the little taste that I got. The game feels and looks great, and I'm very tempted to buy a new outfit already from the store. Ah well, there ARE better ways of spending the down time than hitting start on the menu every minute like most of the mouth-breathers here seem to have a fetish with.

IIFatalshockII
04-02-2013, 09:39 AM
I was happy enough with the Hour I've been able to play. Now If I could just get my Pre-order bonuses sorted out I'd be completely happy. Server issues were inevitable.

gregorey2002
04-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Im happy, I got cake!

The cake is a lie lol :)

Colteran
04-02-2013, 09:40 AM
I was happy enough with the Hour I've been able to play. Now If I could just get my Pre-order bonuses sorted out I'd be completely happy. Server issues were inevitable.

Yeah, same here. I want to be driving my sweet ol' Dodge already ;).

Midnyght
04-02-2013, 09:41 AM
I was there day 1 with Age of Conan, so my tolerance for MMO launches are pretty good. I need to beat Bioshock Infinite anyways :)

Very OT, but since we're waiting on servers anyway... Bioshock Infinite may be my favorite game of all time. You really should finish it!

Darkane
04-02-2013, 09:43 AM
I suggest none of you people complaining ever get a job involving software. Anomalies and unforeseen oddities happen in all multiple user applications. It's nothing that can't be resolved but it takes a little bit of time. Go have a snack, maybe watch a movie or take a quick cat nap and come back to the game servers in a little while. I'm sure some of the issues will be ironed out by then.

Just try to consider the process and how programs can be corrected. It's a new game that doesn't have the luxury that other top games have of simply building a sequel using all the server setup schema info from past versions of the game.

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just saying "Patience is a virtue"

Good post. I got to pay a bit today and was blown away. It's come a long way since the beta. This is going to be a great game IMO.

CaLaMaSaBy 360
04-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Everyone needs to relax. Do you think Trion doesn't want the game to work smoothly for those who bought it? I'm pretty sure they want their game to be enjoyed and successful too. All you moaners and babies out there need to grow up and use some common sense.