PDA

View Full Version : Removing your game it's your fault

voodoojedizin
11-16-2013, 05:27 AM
If you can't get your patch downloader fixed!
Where is the help?

You had to of noticed several posts now on people complaining about the download speed.

Only I don't see a response from any one on this problem why not?

Why is it taking longer to download the patch than it did the game?

Left my computer on all night to download your patch got up its got 6 hours to go, I come back to check it in 2 hours and the damn thing restarted WHY!

You have the only patch installer that cannot be stopped without losing everything that's just stupid. WHY?

I've had enough of your patch downloader, I have owned your game for two days and still can't play it, I just get to watch your downloader for the money.

Beck
11-16-2013, 05:49 AM
Couple of things.

I agree it is silly that the patcher can't resume a Download. I can't think of another game that can't patch on the fly or at the very least save and resume if a disconnect happens.

I have been watching the numbers and the last few days there has been a very large spike in peak and average players. I see these numbers the most via the Steam Stats. I can only guess this is because Defiance is being pretty much given away on steam and there are a lot of new players all trying to patch at the same time. I doubt Defiance is useing a torrent type system to help share the load of the Patching, with so many new people, 4 times what has been the average players in the last couple months, it is easy to understand Trions servers are throttling back on their speeds so not to crash or there is a bottle neck from so many people trying to patch at the same time.

Give it a few days and try again. You are not missing anything and trust me, a couple days extra only means it will take that much longer to burn though the 8-10 hours of content (not inc all the driving you need to do between).

EastwoodXIII
11-16-2013, 07:21 AM
Couple of things.

I agree it is silly that the patcher can't resume a Download. I can't think of another game that can't patch on the fly or at the very least save and resume if a disconnect happens.

I have been watching the numbers and the last few days there has been a very large spike in peak and average players. I see these numbers the most via the Steam Stats. I can only guess this is because Defiance is being pretty much given away on steam and there are a lot of new players all trying to patch at the same time. I doubt Defiance is useing a torrent type system to help share the load of the Patching, with so many new people, 4 times what has been the average players in the last couple months, it is easy to understand Trions servers are throttling back on their speeds so not to crash or there is a bottle neck from so many people trying to patch at the same time.

Give it a few days and try again. You are not missing anything and trust me, a couple days extra only means it will take that much longer to burn though the 8-10 hours of content (not inc all the driving you need to do between).

Great. It'd be nice to hear something from Trion about the mess. They do have my email after all. After reading this I am guessing I wasted a ton of my time trying to get something I paid for to work. I should send Trion an invoice. It's one thing if they let us know it's another to waste my time. Not sure why but I guess I'll try again in a few days,.

BJWyler
11-16-2013, 08:24 AM
You also have to remember that a great number of players experience no issue whatsoever. I have the game installed on three different systems - two of them laptops. the only time I run into a patcher issue is on one of the laptops when I forget to run the launcher as an administrator.

The launcher and the patcher can be better, but let's just remember that problems like this are not one-sided. There's a lot of other stuff between your system and the Trion server it is talking to, and a lot of that stuff will affect the performance. Your own system has as much to do with that as does Trion's server. The only thing that Trion can control is their server. Your system and the stuff in between is out of their hands.

EastwoodXIII
11-16-2013, 08:53 AM
You also have to remember that a great number of players experience no issue whatsoever. I have the game installed on three different systems - two of them laptops. the only time I run into a patcher issue is on one of the laptops when I forget to run the launcher as an administrator.

The launcher and the patcher can be better, but let's just remember that problems like this are not one-sided. There's a lot of other stuff between your system and the Trion server it is talking to, and a lot of that stuff will affect the performance. Your own system has as much to do with that as does Trion's server. The only thing that Trion can control is their server. Your system and the stuff in between is out of their hands.

I'd buy that if it was not a problem I was having with just their game and can see others are experiencing it as well... My rig is by no means low end and I have fiber to the house. Not to mention I have run RIFTS in the past with no issue whatsoever. (until they compromised my credentials).

EastwoodXIII
11-16-2013, 11:41 AM
I seem to have it finished updating. I used the direct download.
http://update03.triongames.com/ch3-installer/public/live/DefianceSetup.exe