PDA

View Full Version : ARe player character files stored locally or on Defiance Servers?

Newbe
11-16-2013, 10:11 AM
Hello,

I lost my PC hard drive a while back and when defiance reloaded on the new drive, I created new characters. Is there any chance I can recover my old toons? Are they on Defiance servers as well? I know chances are small but it is just a hope.
Thanks

crasher
11-16-2013, 10:18 AM
Hello,

I lost my PC hard drive a while back and when defiance reloaded on the new drive, I created new characters. Is there any chance I can recover my old toons? Are they on Defiance servers as well? I know chances are small but it is just a hope.
Thanks
Since I can log into any of my accounts from any of my computers and play any of my 'toons, I'd say the info is on the servers.

If you didn't delete them, they should still be there on the server.

If you deleted them more than ~ 72 hours ago, you're SOL.

Muffinman
11-16-2013, 10:19 AM
They are definitely stored on the servers. If you are logging into the same account, they should still be there when you log in.

Newbe
11-16-2013, 10:30 AM
Thank You for the quick reply. I opened a new account as I did not have all my old information. So I guess I am SOL.
BTW I have enjoyed your posts, helpful with humor!

Newbe
11-16-2013, 10:30 AM
Thanks Muffinman, I f'd up and did not keep all my old account information.

crasher
11-16-2013, 11:11 AM
If I'm reading you correctly, you PAID for a 2nd account?

Which implies your 1st account is still active?

If this is correct, they should be able to find you in the database, and recreate your log-in, which would let you use both accounts at same time. [This can be a handy thing for you to exercise].

If you're using one email/pass, and just made new 'toons, please disregard. Small details can be overlooked or misunderstood in a forum, and I may easily have gotten the info bolixed in me 'ead.

Muffinman
11-16-2013, 11:50 AM

All you need is your email and password to get it back. If you can't remember it, just use the forgot password link or submit a ticket and they should help you out.

VicousBlood
11-17-2013, 01:02 AM
Stored server side (PC Version. I cannot comment on console, as I do not own a console):
Account/Character information
Keybindings
Graphics Quality (Which includes sub-properties)*
Mouse Sensitivity*
Video Gamma*
Audio Settings (Which includes sub-properties, except Mic & Voice On/Off)*.
Overscan*

Not Stored on Server:
Resolution Settings
Mic & Voice On/Off

*Rather unnecessary to be server sided but it is....