PDA

View Full Version : Where are the nano converters with Synergies? And weapons without nano are garbage.

TalynOne
11-16-2013, 11:23 AM
On the October 18th Livestream Trick said nano converters with synergies for gun types other than shotguns (SMGS/Snipers) would be coming and it would be a simple server side patch on the vendor.

Well when the heck are these coming? I'm holding off on modding certain weapons which I can't even partially mod unless I want to destroy 30k+ script worth of blue mods later since Defiance only allow destroying all mods on a weapon instead of just the one on the nano converter slot.

On a side note the patch that added the blue bonus roll also made getting weapons with nanos much rarer. You said the part of the point of the patch was that when you got epics or legendaries that it would it should feel like you got something good. Well I got a legendary Techmag pulser today with no nano and I'm probably just gonna sell it back to the vendor because with no nano it's no better than a green weapon with nano and even putting even a nano converter on it would mean I couldn't put on a extended mag mod on it which also makes pretty much any blue techmag with nano superior to it. if you're gonna make nanos more rare can you at least guarantee they appear on purple+ weapons. I've gotten about 15 oranges from the game so far and none are worth using because it's either a garbage gun or has crap rolls/no nano. In my opinion if the goal was to make it feel like oranges are worth getting then that goal has failed. That's why I have not and will never spend bits on lock boxes, you people that spend $100+ real money on those things are insane nothing good comes from them. My best weapons are still blue (at EGO 5k).

bigguy
11-16-2013, 12:02 PM
i agree with everything OP said and i have been involved with several threads with similar discussions including how i informed many people how there are certain guns like charge snipers and couriers that will never have a nano again they just dont drop with nano at all anymore they either need to change this or give us the nano converters either way they need to do something

Overtkill21
11-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Hehehehehehehehehehe...man I have Never EVER experienced the amount of dejavu that I have on this game...there are so very many things that go just like this...remember BMG fixes? Well we told them about it Day 1, they denied, denied, denied - oh wait - yeah they are messed up (in July or so) - and the fix? October.

I have to say I love the whole - we tell them something is messed up, they tell us we're full of it, months later they're like "We discovered this was messed up and we're going to fix it! Aren't we awesome?"

I got an infraction because I was mad about the initial response to the lack of Volge Rifles in any color other than green - they told me I was wrong, multiple times, I got mad - insulted their intelligence and got the infraction.

2 months later: "We discovered the Volge Rifles aren't on the Loot Table" - I just about lost it...

Deunan
11-16-2013, 04:52 PM
...My best weapons are still blue (at EGO 5k).You must have awful luck. My EGO rating is 3491 and while I haven't been getting purples with nano effects as often as before one of the two nano effect rolls was removed, I have received some decent Epics with nano effects.

TalynOne
11-16-2013, 05:48 PM
You must have awful luck. My EGO rating is 3491 and while I haven't been getting purples with nano effects as often as before one of the two nano effect rolls was removed, I have received some decent Epics with nano effects.

From the experiences I have heard from my clan mates I have average luck. Even when my luckiest clan mate who got 6 oranges in one day I asked are any worth using he replied no. I have a few decent purples, but because I'm exposed to a lot more blues I have a higher chance of having a blue with good rolls as opposed to a purple (which I do). For instance the best syphon sub carbine I have is a blue ego level 1615 pre-patch weapon. The only purple I actually use in a load out is probably a canker I have which isn't even that amazing (two fire rate, one mag roll, outlaw synergy).

I'm not counting Volge battle rifiles since if you play enough sieges and constantly hit 20+k they eventually start dropping like candy and you'll eventually get one with good rolls if you just play enough.

ironcladtrash
11-16-2013, 08:54 PM
On the October 18th Livestream Trick said nano converters with synergies for gun types other than shotguns (SMGS/Snipers) would be coming and it would be a simple server side patch on the vendor.

Well when the heck are these coming? I'm holding off on modding certain weapons which I can't even partially mod unless I want to destroy 30k+ script worth of blue mods later since Defiance only allow destroying all mods on a weapon instead of just the one on the nano converter slot.

On a side note the patch that added the blue bonus roll also made getting weapons with nanos much rarer. You said the part of the point of the patch was that when you got epics or legendaries that it would it should feel like you got something good. Well I got a legendary Techmag pulser today with no nano and I'm probably just gonna sell it back to the vendor because with no nano it's no better than a green weapon with nano and even putting even a nano converter on it would mean I couldn't put on a extended mag mod on it which also makes pretty much any blue techmag with nano superior to it. if you're gonna make nanos more rare can you at least guarantee they appear on purple+ weapons. I've gotten about 15 oranges from the game so far and none are worth using because it's either a garbage gun or has crap rolls/no nano. In my opinion if the goal was to make it feel like oranges are worth getting then that goal has failed. That's why I have not and will never spend bits on lock boxes, you people that spend $100+ real money on those things are insane nothing good comes from them. My best weapons are still blue (at EGO 5k).

100% agree. Getting a legendary without a nano is almost as bad as a revive stat. I don't want to waste the mag on a converter, I hope this is an accidental nerf they will fix.

Deunan
11-16-2013, 09:23 PM
100% agree. Getting a legendary without a nano is almost as bad as a revive stat. I don't want to waste the mag on a converter, I hope this is an accidental nerf they will fix.They deliberately removed one of the rolls for nano effects. It used to be the bonus roll for Rare (blue) weapons (a roll to get either an ammo nano effect or a melee nano effect) and was replaced by the current blue bonus stat. They kept the second nano bonus roll which was and is only for a nano ammo effect. According to what Trip told Elizabeth the base chance for the roll is 50% which increases based on your EGO rating.

There was a problem with the nano effect roll not working properly for EGO rating 1000 to 2000 but that was patched with update 1.106. That being said I can tell you from personal experience that any player or number of players can have a long downswing where they won't get any Epics with nano effects. Mine lasted for over 120 drops from tier 4 lock boxes from the lock box vendor and Volge Sieges but it's normalized now and I've been getting something more approximating 50 plus percent. If you've been getting worse than what I got during that downswing you can always file a support ticket and ask them to look into the code and double check it. Make sure you give them your EGO rating since the last update seems to indicate it may be relevant in determining whether there's an actual problem with nano bonus rolls for your EGO rating range.

ironcladtrash
11-17-2013, 08:46 AM
They deliberately removed one of the rolls for nano effects. It used to be the bonus roll for Rare (blue) weapons (a roll to get either an ammo nano effect or a melee nano effect) and was replaced by the current blue bonus stat. They kept the second nano bonus roll which was and is only for a nano ammo effect. According to what Trip told Elizabeth the base chance for the roll is 50% which increases based on your EGO rating.

There was a problem with the nano effect roll not working properly for EGO rating 1000 to 2000 but that was patched with update 1.106. That being said I can tell you from personal experience that any player or number of players can have a long downswing where they won't get any Epics with nano effects. Mine lasted for over 120 drops from tier 4 lock boxes from the lock box vendor and Volge Sieges but it's normalized now and I've been getting something more approximating 50 plus percent. If you've been getting worse than what I got during that downswing you can always file a support ticket and ask them to look into the code and double check it. Make sure you give them your EGO rating since the last update seems to indicate it may be relevant in determining whether there's an actual problem with nano bonus rolls for your EGO rating range.

I am not really sure what my percentage is. But at 5k you shouldn't be getting nano less legendary weapons. Really though I agree with OP all purple and orange weapons that can have a nano should have 100% of the time not a 50% chance. Unless they put in nano converters that also serve dual purpose like, incendiary nano converter that is also an extended mag.

Deunan
11-17-2013, 09:05 AM
I am not really sure what my percentage is. But at 5k you shouldn't be getting nano less legendary weapons. Really though I agree with OP all purple and orange weapons that can have a nano should have 100% of the time not a 50% chance. Unless they put in nano converters that also serve dual purpose like, incendiary nano converter that is also an extended mag.It's always been possible to get an OJ with no nano. I got a pre-patch VBM LM-43 Thunder LMG with no nano effect so this is nothing new. It's just more likely to happen with only one roll instead of two. While I think that synergy converters should be brought back for all weapons it's a bit much asking for a mag size increase on top of that for them. AR/LMG/SMG's already have a large clip size and the Preparedness perk can make a larger clip size somewhat trivial for them. In addition a larger clip size isn't desirable for some weapons so the only way I would agree to putting them in is if there were also synergy converters without them.

ironcladtrash
11-17-2013, 09:50 AM
It's always been possible to get an OJ with no nano. I got a pre-patch VBM LM-43 Thunder LMG with no nano effect so this is nothing new. It's just more likely to happen with only one roll instead of two. While I think that synergy converters should be brought back for all weapons it's a bit much asking for a mag size increase on top of that for them. AR/LMG/SMG's already have a large clip size and the Preparedness perk can make a larger clip size somewhat trivial for them. In addition a larger clip size isn't desirable for some weapons so the only way I would agree to putting them in is if there were also synergy converters without them.

I have a few with no nanos pre patch too but the point being it's more likely to happen now then it was before. It really never should have happened. These are supposed to be weapons you want and we don't want to waste the mag slot adding nanos when it should already have one.

kendillin
11-17-2013, 11:25 AM
From the experiences I have heard from my clan mates I have average luck. Even when my luckiest clan mate who got 6 oranges in one day I asked are any worth using he replied no. I have a few decent purples, but because I'm exposed to a lot more blues I have a higher chance of having a blue with good rolls as opposed to a purple (which I do). For instance the best syphon sub carbine I have is a blue ego level 1615 pre-patch weapon. The only purple I actually use in a load out is probably a canker I have which isn't even that amazing (two fire rate, one mag roll, outlaw synergy).

I'm not counting Volge battle rifiles since if you play enough sieges and constantly hit 20+k they eventually start dropping like candy and you'll eventually get one with good rolls if you just play enough.For once I feel lucky.
I've been getting decent rolled epics from sieges.
Variety too. Albeit shotguns and detonators lately.

More to OP(kinda) I'd say 30- 45% have nanos.
The 1 post-patch legendary has no nano. (Also not counting battle rifles)

Pre- patch I was getting clone epic volge rifles like crazy, was annoying as hell.

Tekrunner
11-17-2013, 03:30 PM
I too wish that all orange and most purple weapons came with a nano effect.

But the thing is, two of the five effects are almost useless:
- fire is seriously underpowered (syphon does about the same damage, but instantly, and it heals you!)
- the stun from electricity can help if you're overwhelmed, but it also makes it very difficult to hit crits while enemies are dancing, which makes it annoying more often than not

Bio is also not overly useful in PvE (at least not on weapons: bio grenades are great against packs of Volges), but at least it's very decent in PvP. If you only play PvE, even if a gun gets a nano, there's a 60% chance it'll be mostly useless.

My inventory is full of syphon weapons, with some radiation thrown in.

Alexri
11-18-2013, 08:54 AM
I have a VOT Pulser with triple crit, dual mag, and cannoneer. The thing is an absolute beast, and even with a radiation converter it has a mag of 72. It's pretty much the only time I've seen a nanoless weapon worth using, however. I have been wondering where the heck the radiation converters with cannoneer have been, guess this answers that: there aren't any.

bigguy
11-19-2013, 09:52 AM
Bring back the synergy nano converters now

Critical Errors
11-19-2013, 10:46 AM
First off, I put a bug report in the first day the new mod vendors went live addressing the lack of synergized converters. No response. They really need to do something about this.

Secondly, a converter should be just that: A Converter! Why are there any weapons rolling No NANOs at all? The only randomness involved should be what type of Nano. A converter should be used to convert a weapons Nano, not give it one. This has annoyed me since day one, but I always chalked it up to a lack of forethought on the designers.