PDA

View Full Version : Dark Matter Minor Arkfalls

Deunan
11-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Could someone explain how key code awards work for Dark Matter Minor Arkfalls? I got 37 kills over 780,000 and 2nd place on the score board but only got 2 key codes. Any other minor Arkfall would have awarded me 3 key codes for that. Yet if I just heal up a few players or even my decoy for less than a minute I get 3 key codes.

Maixx
11-16-2013, 11:05 PM
Need to add some heals, as far as arkfalls go, healing is more important.

crasher
11-17-2013, 02:31 AM
Personally, I think the RNG has broken free from it's restraints in the basement at TRION and is running free in the building just making shtako up as it goes.

This explains why the scoring still seems arbitrary and capricious some times.

Etaew
11-17-2013, 05:02 AM
I would love more information on how keycodes are calculated and what activities reward them, I was meant to write an article on it but I kept skipping it over.

Deunan
11-17-2013, 08:30 AM
Need to add some heals, as far as arkfalls go, healing is more important.I understand that which is why I mentioned I easily get 3 key codes from a small amount of healing but Dark Matter Minor Arkfalls are the only minor Arkfalls I've done where killing that many enemies and scoring that high won't result in a 3 key code award. This isn't the first time it's happened. I've also gotten no key codes at all when killing over a dozen enemies and scoring six digits which, again, only happens at Dark Matter Minor Arkfalls.

WhiteF8ng
11-18-2013, 02:10 AM
I understand that which is why I mentioned I easily get 3 key codes from a small amount of healing but Dark Matter Minor Arkfalls are the only minor Arkfalls I've done where killing that many enemies and scoring that high won't result in a 3 key code award. This isn't the first time it's happened. I've also gotten no key codes at all when killing over a dozen enemies and scoring six digits which, again, only happens at Dark Matter Minor Arkfalls.

By chance, do you remember what weapons you were using when this happens? Just wanna test a hypothesis of mine :)

Deunan
11-18-2013, 08:35 AM
By chance, do you remember what weapons you were using when this happens? Just wanna test a hypothesis of mine :)Epic Syphon VOT Tachmag Pulser and Epic Radiation VOT Blaster (mostly the Tachmag)

Red Mephisto
11-18-2013, 08:38 AM
You can solo an arkfall, and get NO keycodes...

You MUST heal, or do like 600k or more.

Best way is revive a friend, or heal your decoy if your alone.

crasher
11-18-2013, 09:18 AM
You can solo an arkfall, and get NO keycodes...

You MUST heal, or do like 600k or more.

Best way is revive a friend, or heal your decoy if your alone.
I haven't seen healing decoy work in a while. Tried it a few times at Hellbug Hill in the last 2-3 days, and no workee. I know it used to work at A-Falls early summer when I was lvling BMGs.

And are you talking specifically only DM small-falls with no keys in this thread?
I know it's common to do raider and 99'r smalls with no key pay-out whether you do heal/revive or not.

Red Mephisto
11-18-2013, 09:20 AM
I haven't seen healing decoy work in a while. Tried it a few times at Hellbug Hill in the last 2-3 days, and no workee. I know it used to work at A-Falls early summer when I was lvling BMGs.

And are you talking specifically only DM small-falls with no keys in this thread?
I know it's common to do raider and 99'r smalls with no key pay-out whether you do heal/revive or not.

Seems like its ANY minor one....you always run the risk of getting no reward (regardless of your DMG)

And thanks for the decoy tip! didn't know they changed that....gonna have to run them with a friend.

Deunan
11-18-2013, 09:48 AM
I haven't seen healing decoy work in a while. Tried it a few times at Hellbug Hill in the last 2-3 days, and no workee. I know it used to work at A-Falls early summer when I was lvling BMGs.It seems to work for me. It's rare for me to get to an Arkfall that's near its end where all I can do is throw out a Decoy and heal it as it gets attacked but the times I do it I usually get 2 to 3 key codes. To be honest though I'm not a hundred percent sure that I also don't heal a bit for actual players running around at the Arkfall too as my linking time is fast and distance is relatively large because of my BMG stats and BMG skill stats.

Lind
11-18-2013, 10:37 AM
Based on my observations, as near as I can tell arkfalls work as follows. (Take all the following with a grain of salt as this is all observation and anecdote)

There are at least 2, possibly more contribution charts/tables. The ones that I am fairly sure exist are damage and healing.

The game tracks all the damage and healing done, totals it up, and then doles out keycodes based on % of total that players did in each chart table with 3 tier awards: 3 key codes, 2 key codes, no key codes. You get awarded 1 tier of awards based on the highest table/chart you place on. I do not know what the % cut offs are but here is a hypothetical situation with some hypothetical %s.

Suppose the 3 key code cutoff is 40% and the 2 key code cutoff is 15%. 5 People go to an arkfall and do the following.

Player 1 500K damage 0 healing
Player 2 200K damage 0 healing
Player 3 150K damage 5K healing
Player 4 100K damage 0 healing
Player 5 50K damage 5K healing

Based off this distribution

Player 1 tops the damage chart, breaks the 40% threshold and scores 0 on the healing chart. The game sees his damage reward is better and awards him 3 keycodes.

Player 2 breaks the 15% threshold on the damage and scores 0 on the healing chart. The game sees his damage reward is better and awards him 2 keycodes

Player 3 breaks the 15% threshold on the damage and breaks the 40% threshold on the healing chart. The game notes the healing reward is better than his damage reward and the game awards him 3 keycodes

Player 4 breaks neither the 15% threshold for damage or healing. The game awards him 0 keycodes.

Player 5 does not meet any damage thresholds but breaks the 40% threshold on healing. The game notes the healing reward is better than his damage reward and the game awards him 3 keycodes.

Please remember the following the %s I give are fictitious but the results track to something I have noticed. If the person in 1st way outperforms everyone else, the %s can shift enough that everyone else can be screwed. So in Deunan's initial example 780,000 damage at an arkfall and 2nd? Well if the person in 1st did enough damage that 780,000 might get bumped down to 2 keycodes. Possibly even to 0 if number 1 did something ridiculous like do 2,000,000 damage based off green ego roided rampaging.

Etaew
11-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Do you think the amount of completed stages (where you get knocked back and loot spawns at the crystal) contribute?

Lind
11-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Possibly? My explanation is very much first round hypothesis and simplified. (I think it really is a 2 key code 0 key code cut off and then a seperate cutoff for a bonus key code... which instead of 3 or 2 or 0 really is 2 or 0 and if 2 then 1 or 0.)

I have no idea what is actually going on behind the scenes and am guessing. I could imagine it being set up so that as waves get added the %s might be changed so that people arriving late can score easier. Maybe there are %s for each stage so you only need to meet the threshold in one stage? Beats me.

On the flip side I can also imagine the thinking being, all of that is too complicated. One simple check at the end and thats it.