PDA

View Full Version : Defiance webisodes are coming!

Escyos
11-17-2013, 02:25 AM
Tweet from Grant Bowler: https://twitter.com/GrantBowler/status/400803864318062592 tells us that Defiance webisodes are coming soon.

I'm jonesing for more Defiance!

EDIT: Coming in spring: https://twitter.com/DefianceWorld/status/420276150603366400

Tigercml
11-17-2013, 02:41 AM
Nice. I'm in need of a Defiance fix. Summer is too far way and I still haven't gotten the first season on Blu-Ray yet. I started dropping hints and I'm hoping for a nice Defiance Christmas gift:D. I wonder when they're going to start releasing them. And I hope that my girl Amanda is in them.

The funny part about me and Defiance is before the game and show came out I was more excited for the game and I was a little skeptical about the show. But now I love the show so much more than the game. I hardly play the game anymore but I'm always thinking about the show and next season.

Escyos
11-18-2013, 06:29 PM
I'm not letting this thread disappear among the complaints.

What do you think will be/hope there is in the wedisodes?

crasher
11-18-2013, 06:55 PM
I'm not letting this thread disappear among the complaints.

What do you think will be/hope there is in the wedisodes?
The latest Battlestar Galactica and The Walking Dead both did webisodes thet were very popular.
It never crossed my mind, but dont they have smart - PAID- guys at the appropriate departments in SyFy and Trion that are supposed to be covering these bases?

The fact that it's only coming up now is just sad.

Tigercml
11-18-2013, 08:13 PM
The latest Battlestar Galactica and The Walking Dead both did webisodes thet were very popular.
It never crossed my mind, but dont they have smart - PAID- guys at the appropriate departments in SyFy and Trion that are supposed to be covering these bases?

Yea I really enjoyed Battlestar Galacticas webisodes. It filled in the story between seasons nicely.

As for Defiance, I'm thinking they will do the same. Maybe show Datak fleeing E-rep. Or it might just be what life is like in Defiance now that E-rep has taken over. I doubt we'll find out anything about Irisa or Kenya. Maybe it will be about Quentin looking for his mother or finding some type of information about her whereabouts. I would like some more Spirit Rider scenes too but they were in the first season quite a bit so I don't think we'll see them.

Drunk
11-18-2013, 08:25 PM
maybe there gonna fill in stories spoke of in the show and never fleshed out, side fights, reasons behind grudges.... maybe just Mia Kirshner naked, dancing around eatting cadbrays fingers while reading the script for next season... who knows:rolleyes:

Warhorse500
11-18-2013, 10:44 PM
maybe there gonna fill in stories spoke of in the show and never fleshed out, side fights, reasons behind grudges.... maybe just Mia Kirshner naked, dancing around eatting cadbrays fingers while reading the script for next season... who knows:rolleyes:

One can only hope...:rolleyes:

Gomly
11-19-2013, 05:46 AM
I'd watch webisodes of Julie Benz, Stephanie Leonidas, Jaime Murray, Mia Kirshner and Tiio Horn in a nekkid jelly wrestling tournament.

Steel Fire
11-19-2013, 07:26 AM
Season 2 is set 13 months after the end of season 1, so the webisodes are meant to fill in that time frame. I would expect to see the aftermath of Datak killing Marsh; which will be his fall from power (as miniscule as that power is) and conviction. I suspect we'll see Nolan taking on the E-rep and getting himself in trouble as well. That leading to them both headed for Vegas... if you've seen the bloopers, that will make more sense. I expect we'll see the return of Irisa and the fate of Sukar.

Shogo_Yahagi
11-19-2013, 07:48 AM

The fact that we're hearing about now doesn't mean that they're just starting to think about it. Smart, paid, guys are hopefully releasing information at the right time to build excitement for the release.

That said, the webisodes for Warehouse 13 were fairly awful barely animated car ads. I'm hoping these are different.

kendillin
11-19-2013, 07:49 AM
'Spose it'd be asking too much for webisodic(?) content.
I was really hoping Datak would hide out in the Bay Area.
Guess I've been smoking too many pinebanapple leaves.

kendillin
11-19-2013, 07:49 AM
?sorry....

crasher
11-19-2013, 07:53 AM
The fact that we're hearing about now doesn't mean that they're just starting to think about it. Smart, paid, guys are hopefully releasing information at the right time to build excitement for the release.

That said, the webisodes for Warehouse 13 were fairly awful barely animated car ads. I'm hoping these are different.

100% true.

And it would have made more sense to have something in place while more people cared in the moment, than to try and get there attention back.

As people move away, a lot of them find new stuff to move to, to invest in. A lot of them wont just divest when SyFy/Trion decide to hold a bake sale asking people to please remember them.

If they wait much longer - the webisodes might be out in time to see at the appropriate place in the storyline during the rebroadcasts of reruns after the show is cancelled and playing in the 2AM slot with no game support.

Shogo_Yahagi
11-19-2013, 08:31 AM
100% true.

And it would have made more sense to have something in place while more people cared in the moment, than to try and get there attention back.

As people move away, a lot of them find new stuff to move to, to invest in. A lot of them wont just divest when SyFy/Trion decide to hold a bake sale asking people to please remember them.

If they wait much longer - the webisodes might be out in time to see at the appropriate place in the storyline during the rebroadcasts of reruns after the show is cancelled and playing in the 2AM slot with no game support.

The game isn't supporting the show, the show is supporting the game. The show was a huge win for NBCUniversal. Defiance the show is not getting cancelled any time soon. If nothing else, they will want to get another ratings driving show in place before they retire Defiance. It seems like they're running on about a 4-year cycle, and for this cycle, Defiance is their baby.

I'm sure NBCU is looking at releasing the webisodes on a schedule that benefits the show rather than the game because they're a media company, not a game company, and the show is what they're most heavily invested in. If I had to guess, I'd bet that they're targeting the webisodes to coincide with new content on SyFy so they can advertise them to a new audience that may have been watching something else when the first season was on the air. If they can expose them to Defiance during its off season then hopefully they'll have them interested in watching the second season when it launches (and/or remind them to pick up that blu-ray for the holidays). I know Haven is running new episodes right now, for example. I'd expect them to have them in place in time to plug them with those footer ads during episodes and during commercial breaks.

My prediction: webisodes before the current season of new shows ends, followed by at least one more Defiance marathon during a holiday programming break.

Steel Fire
11-19-2013, 08:50 AM
'Spose it'd be asking too much for webisodic(?) content.
I was really hoping Datak would hide out in the Bay Area.
Guess I've been smoking too many pinebanapple leaves.
[Spoiler]Why would you think that would be a short term possibility? He was in his office, with Marsh's body and blood all over him, with E-rep soldiers banging on his door. If anything, that would be late S2 or early S3 content.

kendillin
11-19-2013, 09:59 AM
[Spoiler]Why would you think that would be a short term possibility? He was in his office, with Marsh's body and blood all over him, with E-rep soldiers banging on his door. If anything, that would be late S2 or early S3 content.

He's rather slippery. The thought of him getting nabbed never crossed my mind.
But you're right. Prisoners seem to get away in transit easy enough.

hardy83
11-19-2013, 10:16 AM
They could do a lot with more than just the TV show and game.

For the webisodes, they could

A: Take place in Defiance and help flesh out characters and or plot threads before seasons
B: Take place else where and flesh out plot threads that neither the show or game deal with, such as what's going on in other parts of the US and Canada, or even the world.
C: Take place nowhere and just be a learning/explanation on the Defiance world and its history. Such as the religions, past events, current factions, more details on the Votans and their home world etc.
D: Take place around the game and explain what's going on with that part of the world to people who watch the show but don't play the game.
E: Something else.

I'm hoping for B, but am expecting A.

I still think that if they want to push their marketing "transmedia" term they really need to do more than the show and game. Webisodes are a great start, but they should do more.
A "dedicated" app for Android and iOS, a graphic novel taking place over in Europe or Asia, a regular novel, a mobile game that's like a town building thing that takes place somewhere other than the game and show. A movie? lol I'm sure people can think of more.

Again, more than likely it'll either be something that doesn't require many actors and location shooting, or be A and be them just shooting some extra footage on sets they already have and are on.

Either way it'll be nice.

kendillin
11-19-2013, 03:59 PM
^^THIS^^
I don't get it.
[spoilers(?)] there's just so much going on.
1.E-rep schemes on the eastern seaboard.
2.Omec, in South America. Given events in paradise...
3.Gulanee in Germany? That can't be good.
4.Presumably, some presence responsible for Arkfall.
5.Volge? What's up with this "left behind" sh!t?
6.The scrapper intelligence. Skynet it ain't, but something's up.
I'm sure I'm not complete or accurate.

IDK, I think there's a novel about the Pale Wars.
Maybe nobody else has approached them for the ol' official stamp.

Nefarious
11-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Would be cool to get a look at the departure of the Arks from Votan home worlds and the arrival to earth and what earth was like before and leading up to the war. And of course content about the war itself.

The possibilities are endless. There could be one about a Bioman and his point of view on things about the war and him fighting in a battle.

Steel Fire
11-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Season 2 is supposed to dig more into biomen.

My personal theory on everything bad that has befallen the Votan and humans... blame the Indogene. The Votan are here because of them and they have an agenda that is no good for anyone else.

You can't have all your questions answered without the story ending. :P Savor it and let it unfold.

Escyos
11-25-2013, 03:34 PM
The game isn't supporting the show, the show is supporting the game. The show was a huge win for NBCUniversal. Defiance the show is not getting cancelled any time soon. If nothing else, they will want to get another ratings driving show in place before they retire Defiance. It seems like they're running on about a 4-year cycle, and for this cycle, Defiance is their baby.

How so? I wager that there are thousands of gamers who have no interest in the show (which is just ridiculous). They intended for both to be independent of the success or failure of the others.

I'm sure NBCU is looking at releasing the webisodes on a schedule that benefits the show rather than the game because they're a media company, not a game company, and the show is what they're most heavily invested in. If I had to guess, I'd bet that they're targeting the webisodes to coincide with new content on SyFy so they can advertise them to a new audience that may have been watching something else when the first season was on the air. If they can expose them to Defiance during its off season then hopefully they'll have them interested in watching the second season when it launches (and/or remind them to pick up that blu-ray for the holidays). I know Haven is running new episodes right now, for example. I'd expect them to have them in place in time to plug them with those footer ads during episodes and during commercial breaks.

I don't see how the webisodes could not benefit the game as well. Showing more people the world of Defiance is sure to entice some to try the game out. Syfy is invested in the game as well, seeing as they invested in Trion.

*Still not letting this thread disappear among the complaints.

Tigercml
11-25-2013, 08:37 PM
It would be nice if we got to see the events leading up to the Pale Wars, Pale Wars conflicts, the Battle of Defiance(everything was named after that battle!:D) and finally the Armistice signing between the EMC and Votanis Collective. That would be a lot though. I don't see it happening but I would love it.

Escyos
11-26-2013, 05:16 AM
It would be nice if we got to see the events leading up to the Pale Wars, Pale Wars conflicts, the Battle of Defiance(everything was named after that battle!:D) and finally the Armistice signing between the EMC and Votanis Collective. That would be a lot though. I don't see it happening but I would love it.

I doubt we'll get that. It will most likely either be all CGI scenes (like ships in space etc.) or just with the characters we have now.

They might not want to cast important characters that they are planning for future things. Plus I do believe it was said that the final DLC of the season pass had to do with a lot of past events.

Escyos
12-26-2013, 03:52 PM
Still no word on when these are coming out, I'd wager it would be next month. Will keep looking.

Escyos
01-06-2014, 05:06 PM
We'll be getting our webisodes in spring: https://twitter.com/DefianceWorld/status/420276150603366400

acsell77
01-06-2014, 05:40 PM
You guys might as well start getting excited for next Season......

It's going to be great.

I can't go into details, because I work on the show, but I will say that they're stepping up their game :)

Manstan
01-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Escyos did you just call me ridicules?

Seriously, I have been watching SYFY since it was scifi. In my opinion they have only ever had 2 good series. One got canceled because they wanted the budget from it to finance a couple other flop series; so let me get this right, you axed the highest rated scifi series on the air, to finance a couple of series that flopped and were canceled? oooooK
And the other one wasn't even theirs to start with, they took over production at I think season 6{?}, then did a couple of spin offs that; like most scifi series, ware rather lack luster. I watched the first season of Atlantis, but it just didn't suck me in the way stargate did ;)

So no I have never watched defiance, not really motivated to. Right now I am getting caught up on Falling skys. None the less there is no reason; with some work, this game couldn't out live the series. And considering that it is on SYFY and the production costs......

Escyos
01-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Escyos did you just call me ridicules?

Seriously, I have been watching SYFY since it was scifi. In my opinion they have only ever had 2 good series. One got canceled because they wanted the budget from it to finance a couple other flop series; so let me get this right, you axed the highest rated scifi series on the air, to finance a couple of series that flopped and were canceled? oooooK
And the other one wasn't even theirs to start with, they took over production at I think season 6{?}, then did a couple of spin offs that; like most scifi series, ware rather lack luster. I watched the first season of Atlantis, but it just didn't suck me in the way stargate did ;)

So no I have never watched defiance, not really motivated to. Right now I am getting caught up on Falling skys. None the less there is no reason; with some work, this game couldn't out live the series. And considering that it is on SYFY and the production costs......

Ummm, you've never posted on this thread before so how can I call you ridicules? Whatever that means.

You seem to have misunderstood what this thread was about. Please post in appropriate threads.

Manstan
01-06-2014, 08:23 PM
How so? I wager that there are thousands of gamers who have no interest in the show (which is just ridiculous)..

It was a joke. Sorry, people never get my sense of humor.

Then i expounded on why I had never watcher the show.
The thread was about some webasodes. But it has meandered a bit since then. ;)

Escyos
01-06-2014, 09:25 PM
It was a joke. Sorry, people never get my sense of humor.

Then i expounded on why I had never watcher the show.
The thread was about some webasodes. But it has meandered a bit since then. ;)

Meandering or not, it is against the rules to derail threads.

Manstan
01-06-2014, 09:34 PM
Ya, I see you have some sort of personal issues with me posting to your thread.

I see references to Battlestar Galactica, the walking dead, warehouse 13, nekkid jelly wrestling tournament, bake sales, whether the game supports the show or vice versa, and so on, and so on. And I'm derailing the thread? That's rich.

Sliverbaer
01-07-2014, 07:07 AM
We'll be getting our webisodes in spring: https://twitter.com/DefianceWorld/status/420276150603366400

February is spring somewhere right? haha.

I was hoping the Webisodes would tie into the DLC3. April maybe? DLC3 could lead into the Webisodes? Awe man, now I'm all hyped up.

You guys might as well start getting excited for next Season......

It's going to be great.

I can't go into details, because I work on the show, but I will say that they're stepping up their game :)

Sweet! What do you do on the show!?!

EDIT: VFX? Awesome!

DanteYoda
01-07-2014, 07:10 AM
Would be cool to get a look at the departure of the Arks from Votan home worlds and the arrival to earth and what earth was like before and leading up to the war. And of course content about the war itself.

The possibilities are endless. There could be one about a Bioman and his point of view on things about the war and him fighting in a battle.

I would also like to see at least one episode devoted to this.

I would really really like to see an episode where Nolan and a group are stranded with infected all around them or even Defiance with infection spreading, with some back story of how infected exist and why Irathi are so dangerous to other races.

Be a great episode to me.

squidgod2000
01-07-2014, 09:04 AM
I would also like to see at least one episode devoted to this.

I would really really like to see an episode where Nolan and a group are stranded with infected all around them or even Defiance with infection spreading, with some back story of how infected exist and why Irathi are so dangerous to other races.

Be a great episode to me.

I'm sure they'll throw in flashback episodes at some point--it's basically a requirement of sci fi.

Personally, I hope they stop killing off the quirky, interesting minor characters (Ulysses, Jared, etc.). They added depth to the world and challenged racial stereotypes. There's no reason to go all redshirt on them.

Oh, and I really, really hope they lined up some better writers for S2.

acsell77
01-07-2014, 05:43 PM
I'm sure they'll throw in flashback episodes at some point--it's basically a requirement of sci fi.

Personally, I hope they stop killing off the quirky, interesting minor characters (Ulysses, Jared, etc.). They added depth to the world and challenged racial stereotypes. There's no reason to go all redshirt on them.

Everything is improved.

Escyos
01-07-2014, 06:52 PM

I don't see anything wrong with any S1 episodes though. I do know that Brian Alexander, the mythology coordinator for the show and game, wrote an episode.

Sliverbaer
03-20-2014, 07:43 AM
Kevin Murphy ‏@kevinmurphyhc

@Lonely_Nerdette @defiancepodcast @Syfy @DefianceWorld VFX done, still mixing audio. End of March. While u wait, go see #heathersmusical

https://twitter.com/kevinmurphyhc/status/445585394298810368

Quebra Regra
03-20-2014, 07:53 AM
I'd like to see the webisode look more like the original commercials:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sg702Sv45Y

That said I like the cast for the most part, particularly Mr. Bowler.

Sliverbaer
03-27-2014, 02:55 PM
w00t

Kevin Murphy ‏@kevinmurphyhc
Exclusive 'Defiance' Video And Season 2 Return Date http://huff.to/1hegZb6 via @HuffPostTV
https://twitter.com/kevinmurphyhc/status/449255370884517888

Trenna keating ‏@TrennaKeating
Webisode1 #DefianceSeason2 get ready! We are back June 19th on SyFy! http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5042290?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false
https://twitter.com/TrennaKeating/status/449298696690495488

https://o.twimg.com/2/proxy.jpg?t=HBhAaHR0cDovL2kuaHVmZnBvc3QuY29tL2dlbi 8xNzAzMTg0L3RodW1icy9vLURFRklBTkNFLWZhY2Vib29rLmpw ZxTABxTgAwAWABIA&s=mgGV36t1MDPY3uhOXZmyXnYzuY02IsrWuCj7WWSoPe4

Rokea
03-28-2014, 06:43 AM
I just watched the webisode it wasn't bad... but I felt like it didn't add anything either. We already knew how Grant found Irisa

Sliverbaer
03-28-2014, 07:40 AM
This was good:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjxWYjqCYAA5I1N.png

I thought Katie Douglas (https://twitter.com/Katie_E_Douglas) as young Irisa was quite amusing. Can't wait to see the rest. I would have thought they would have released one a week instead of all at once. Such is the marketing department in Defiance.

Festival
03-28-2014, 09:15 AM
Just finished watching all five. Season Two can't come fast enough!

hardy83
03-28-2014, 09:37 AM
This was good:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjxWYjqCYAA5I1N.png

I thought Katie Douglas (https://twitter.com/Katie_E_Douglas) as young Irisa was quite amusing. Can't wait to see the rest. I would have thought they would have released one a week instead of all at once. Such is the marketing department in Defiance.

Syfys marketing and Trions marketing are two entirely different things.
You can't blast Syfy's marketing decisions because you're clumping them in with Trions.

You have to complain about them as separate entities. lol

Who knows, maybe there's more webisodes coming.

hardy83
03-28-2014, 09:40 AM
Is there anyway to watch these shows NOT on Syfy. I'm from Canada and this country really really REALLY sucks when it comes to actually getting content.
I can't watch these webisodes because....screw Canada?

Sliverbaer
03-28-2014, 10:06 AM
Syfys marketing and Trions marketing are two entirely different things.
You can't blast Syfy's marketing decisions because you're clumping them in with Trions.

You have to complain about them as separate entities. lol

I wasn't knocking Trion's marketing, here. It was a knock on SyFy's decision to publish them all at once.

Rokea
03-28-2014, 10:35 AM
Just finished watching all five. Season Two can't come fast enough!
Right... because they stated in the article that #1 is the only one out so far

skepticck
03-28-2014, 10:55 AM
Right... because they stated in the article that #1 is the only one out so far

All 5 seem to be available here:

http://www.defiance.com/en/series/video/2764291

IF you can watch them, but it looks like these webisodes are only for Americans,
so if you're from anywhere else (like me), it's a big "scr*w you" from Syfy i guess :mad:

Rokea
03-28-2014, 11:05 AM
I apologize, I misread the original article.

Quebra Regra
04-01-2014, 01:45 PM
3 things:

1. if you are not in the U.S.A, use a USA based webproxy to view the webisodes (google it kidz)
2. why does everyone in the show webisode wear their beret like a chef's hat (btw, the flash should be centered over the left eye, not on the forehead)?
3. considering the inaccuracy in how the berets were worn, how is it that they knew to use the EXACT knife issued to US Army Special Forces (trust me that I know this..)? I was actually shocked when Nolan didn't whip out some b.s. rambo knife.