PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for Sieges?

Cocoawolf
11-17-2013, 10:08 PM
I have a bit of issues getting hardly much points on the Volge Sieges, it's no biggie on the Afflicted Sieges though as there are so many of them compared to the Volge ones (I cringe at the idea of that many Volge as there are afflicted, lol) any suggestions for how to get at LEAST 20k points? I can bust my rear end and only manage to pull off 7-14k tops, when getting around 30-54k on the afflicted, something just... isn't right there, and I only get a few kills out of many many many assists.

I do notice, on the Afflicted you are guaranteed your OWN kill counts (mostly), because there's so many of them so it's either my fault that I can't get the kill count and only get assists instead, or I'm really missing something lol. I stay glued to the A,B,C,(D) stands and fight off the enemies when they take them over, trying to defend as much as possible, I use a tachmag and a ground pounder regularly, also a northstar flare because it's my personal favorite weapons of choice and the tachmags are pretty fast ;)

I just would like to know some advice from anyone or tips at least on what could help with the Volge Sieges, I tend to see a lot of people during them vulturing the kills, as in waiting JUST until someone else nearly kills the mob, and then hitting it and stealing the kill, is that honestly what you're supposed to do to get as many points as a lot of the people I see get, if so.... I have no comment then.

Deunan
11-17-2013, 11:05 PM
It might be helpful to post your loadout and perks. Most people use Overcharge, Killing Machine, and Quickening. Scavenger will lessen the time you spend running to an ammo box (sometimes to not at all). Using weapons with different ammo types also helps. I use a Syphon VOT Tachmag Pulser and a Radiation VOT Blaster. Preparedness will reduce or eliminate the number of times you need to reload. Just switch guns whenever your clip is getting low. Use explosive grenades. I'm pretty bad at keeping track of my grenade status and using them, especially since I have a grenade damage bonus on crit kill with my Tachmag but if I were better with using them I would probably get more points.

Stick by one cap point and target Troopers first, then Bombers then Viscera. Don't just aim for the head. Viscera have weak points on the upper arm and lower leg as well so take the weak point that's available to you to max out your damage. Make sure the turrets are upgraded. Waves will go slower without them and your scoring opportunities will increase exponentially with later stages so don't worry too much about getting many kills on the initial half dozen waves if no one else is updating turrets (although it's a pretty bad sign if no one else is doing it which may mean you won't make it to a tenth wave anyway).

The killing bonuses are not huge and it shouldn't prevent you from getting points as most of the points come from damage dealt on the target (over a thousand for a Volge Viscera Elite). Also if you use Preparedness you can time it so that you are always inflicting damage on the target when it's near death which will increase your chance of getting a killing bonus.

Steel Fire
11-17-2013, 11:12 PM
If you want to maximize your score against Volge it's not solely about kills. You can score plenty high with assists as well. Nor is it just about putting bullets in the target. People "vulturing" isn't the key either; the more damage you do to a target, the more points you get when it goes down; kill or assist. To that end, make your shots count, get those critical hits; that will give you more points, even for an assist. Use whatever weapons you're comfortable with too, there's no specific combo that will give you a high score.

From what you posted, the only thing I can say that may really be a problem for you is if you're almost solely killing troopers; as those are the ones that make straight for the cap points. Make sure you're taking out those bombers and viscera. This is were the crit hits can be even more important. You can drop troopers fast if you can consistently put bullets in their head, meaning you can reprioritize your targets if needed without sacrificing the cap point.

QipQip
11-17-2013, 11:24 PM
First things first is to pick your two favorite siege locations.Use them exclusively.The Volge spawn in predictable patterns.Knowing where they spawn lets you position yourself properly and maximize your damage.Memorize the patterns.Why two locations you ask?In case your favorite spot doesn't pop.

Next up is weapon choice.Lots of people complain about about kill stealing but getting the last shot doesn't guarantee 3000 points.You need to combine high damage with that final killshot. IF you and I both do 50% damage each that final shot is very important.No slow fire rate weapons.I would reccomend a VBI smg.It combines decent damage,fast fire rate and a quick reload time.Ammo would be a problem at an Arkfall but it's plentiful here.Make sure you get one with a 10% ego power extension on reload it's crucial for the next section.

Your build will be overcharge.PERIOD.Getting every skill to reduce recharge and extend duration combined with the bonus on your weapon will maximize your DPS.(this is a good thing)Killing Machine,Bloodlust,Quick Charge,Time Out,Pumped Up,Killing spree.

Stop crawling around on the ground.If you die don't wait around for someone to revive you.This isn't some Arkfall you have to drive back to.You are dropped right back into the action.Best and most important of all is dying resets your overcharge meaning more DPS for you.

Last of all is hustle.(I could go on but we're getting into TLDR territory) Far to often you see people hang out and after clearing out their defense point.You can see those last few volge at the other point.Hustle it out.You may only get a few hundred points but it can be difference between topping the chart and missing 20k.

Hope this helps you some.

Cocoawolf
11-17-2013, 11:24 PM
Thankyou SO much Deunan, it's good to know not all of it relies on those end-kills and I'm fairly new so I've been messing around with my perks and what-not, and gear in general so this info helps a tremendous amount ;) I need that Preparedness, my legendary (FRC Matchlock boomer) has a 10-mag with 40 rounds, so it's CONSTANT back and fourth getting ammo lol, that would take a lot of stress off, my boyfriend has been trying to pound it into my head about the turrets, but I try to snag em as much as possible, because they do save you when you have a load of volge taking over your base :l

Wasn't aware of the viscera having other weakpoints, it is frustrating how much defense they have, so now I'll know that as well. I was under the impression, after seeing these people 'tagging' the last shots, that you only got the maximum points from getting the last shot in, so it's a relief to know this isn't the case. I noticed you said Syphon and Radiaction, I'm a noob here, but may I ask what those are? I'm assuming they may mean the nano stuffs, but I dunno much about all that, I hardly am aware of what those even do :/

Cocoawolf
11-17-2013, 11:32 PM
If you want to maximize your score against Volge it's not solely about kills. You can score plenty high with assists as well. Nor is it just about putting bullets in the target. People "vulturing" isn't the key either; the more damage you do to a target, the more points you get when it goes down; kill or assist. To that end, make your shots count, get those critical hits; that will give you more points, even for an assist. Use whatever weapons you're comfortable with too, there's no specific combo that will give you a high score.

From what you posted, the only thing I can say that may really be a problem for you is if you're almost solely killing troopers; as those are the ones that make straight for the cap points. Make sure you're taking out those bombers and viscera. This is were the crit hits can be even more important. You can drop troopers fast if you can consistently put bullets in their head, meaning you can reprioritize your targets if needed without sacrificing the cap point.

It's a relief to know the efforts weren't a waste ;) and it's even BETTER to know that those guys who only sneak in hits at the last second don't get squat compared to the ones who dish out the damage from the start! Me and my boyfriend try our hardest to wipe out the troopers as quickly as possible and then move on to the others, he prioritizes the turrets while I'm trying to beat that one into my head lol.

I never thought of aiming for their weakpoints as a must, but now that you guys have told me I will definetely start doing that. I guess now I know what I've been missing out on, thankyou for the information ;)

Deunan
11-17-2013, 11:49 PM
TI noticed you said Syphon and Radiaction, I'm a noob here, but may I ask what those are? I'm assuming they may mean the nano stuffs, but I dunno much about all that, I hardly am aware of what those even do :/
Syphon is the nano effect marked by a purple ball icon on a weapon (if it has it) and Radiation is the green radiation icon. The Syphon effect gives you a chance to leech shields and health from your target and regenerate your shields and health. Radiation increases all damage to the target. They are probably the most preferred nano effects against the Volge for most players. You should know that Biological (blue biohazard icon) and Electrical (light blue lighning bolt icon) don't affect the Volge so you shouldn't rely on any benefit from using weapons with those nano effects.

Cocoawolf
11-18-2013, 12:10 AM
Syphon is the nano effect marked by a purple ball icon on a weapon (if it has it) and Radiation is the green radiation icon. The Syphon effect gives you a chance to leech shields and health from your target and regenerate your shields and health. Radiation increases all damage to the target. They are probably the most preferred nano effects against the Volge for most players. You should know that Biological (blue biohazard icon) and Electrical (light blue lighning bolt icon) don't affect the Volge so you shouldn't rely on any benefit from using weapons with those nano effects.

Wow. I had no idea the nano effects were that amazing, I'm definitely going to get me a radiation one for that stuff, the syphon sounds tasty too as it helps you survive, I understand that the electrical one just messes up most mobs other than volges equipment so it gives some time to get shots off, but have no idea what the biohazard one does, thanks for the info though that will reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally help in the long run ;)

Tekrunner
11-18-2013, 12:19 AM
As other people said, dealing as much damage as possible is key in getting a high score. If you deal a ton of damage, you're going to kill a ton of Volges, no matter how much people around you try to snipe kills. Weapon selection is pretty important for this: don't use your matchlock boomer on Volges, it might be orange, but it's an AoE weapon, Volges need high single target damage. The best weapon to fight Volges is without a doubt a syphon tachmag pulser. It combines high damage, high mobility and frequent healing from syphon: all of these things allow you to stay right in the heart of the action.

The only problem with tachmags is that they eat a lot of ammo, so you need a secondary that uses different bullets. Deunan's advice to use a radiation VOT blaster is an excellent one: high DPS (especially if you have one with mag bonuses), and the reduced mobility and lack of healing shouldn't hurt too much, as you're going to use it to finish off enemies and at the end of waves, when getting killed is much less likely.

Another piece of advice that hasn't been given so far: unless you have trouble surviving, always try to go to the point with the fewest players around it. Fewer players = Volges with fewer HP + less competition for kills = more points for you (and being spread out evenly makes it more likely to reach later waves). Similarly, it's easier to get more points at a siege with only a few other people. I know I can have some trouble reaching 20k at Kinship even if I'm there at the start, because there are 50+ other people (most of whom are low EGO, which means they cause the Volge to have more HP, but don't help that much reaching later waves...). Whereas at the Bathhouse or the Mutant District there often aren't even enough people to fill the entire scoreboard, and I can reach 20k in barely more than 5 minutes.

WhiteF8ng
11-18-2013, 01:29 AM
You should know that Biological (blue biohazard icon) and Electrical (light blue lighning bolt icon) don't affect the Volge so you shouldn't rely on any benefit from using weapons with those nano effects.

False. Bio works against the Volge. Electric procs and stops shield regen but the Volge won't take the status effect. Imo, the bio and pyro grenades are the most beneficial nades to use in sieges. They stop shield regen, do AOE damage, and the bio decreases the damage the Volge do and slow them down. Giving you more time to defend your point/take cover and not have to worry about their shields coming back. All the while doing damage. Strategically, they have far better uses than the explosive nades.

Cocoawolf
11-18-2013, 01:34 AM
As other people said, dealing as much damage as possible is key in getting a high score. If you deal a ton of damage, you're going to kill a ton of Volges, no matter how much people around you try to snipe kills. Weapon selection is pretty important for this: don't use your matchlock boomer on Volges, it might be orange, but it's an AoE weapon, Volges need high single target damage. The best weapon to fight Volges is without a doubt a syphon tachmag pulser. It combines high damage, high mobility and frequent healing from syphon: all of these things allow you to stay right in the heart of the action.

The only problem with tachmags is that they eat a lot of ammo, so you need a secondary that uses different bullets. Deunan's advice to use a radiation VOT blaster is an excellent one: high DPS (especially if you have one with mag bonuses), and the reduced mobility and lack of healing shouldn't hurt too much, as you're going to use it to finish off enemies and at the end of waves, when getting killed is much less likely.

Another piece of advice that hasn't been given so far: unless you have trouble surviving, always try to go to the point with the fewest players around it. Fewer players = Volges with fewer HP + less competition for skills = more points for you (and being spread out evenly makes it more likely to reach later waves). Similarly, it's easier to get more points at a siege with only a few other people. I know I can have some trouble reaching 20k at Kinship even if I'm there at the start, because there are 50+ other people (most of whom are low EGO, which means they cause the Volge to have more HP, but don't help that much reaching later waves...). Whereas at the Bathhouse or the Mutant District there often aren't even enough people to fill the entire scoreboard, and I can reach 20k in barely more than 5 minutes.

Omg yes! Me and my boyfriend hit up the bathhouse earlier today right before I asked this, and he got a legendary Mk IV, we made it to 26k thanks to the less people, ..... if only I had known my tachmag I have was that good I would've used it, bf passed down an epic one to me the other day and it JUST so happens to have Syphon on it! I get butchered at the bathhouse so thanks to all this info you guys gave I'll know what to use from now on ;) We first thought "the less people, the less competition with getting the kills" because we thought we had to vulture it, so we wound up at the bathhouse as our favorite spot BECAUSE of that, lol we were on the right road, but were swirving off the side of it and half-@rse on the ledge needless to say. I'll try and get a vot blaster, hadn't tried them yet but I'm all for haul-butt weapons just the drawback is indeed that ammo loss... the sieges are epic, and I wanna keep doing them, even if they dropped nothing I find them fun so anything to help improve that is so worth it, thankyou for the advice :)

xilfxlegion
11-18-2013, 06:19 AM
I have a bit of issues getting hardly much points on the Volge Sieges, it's no biggie on the Afflicted Sieges though as there are so many of them compared to the Volge ones (I cringe at the idea of that many Volge as there are afflicted, lol) any suggestions for how to get at LEAST 20k points? I can bust my rear end and only manage to pull off 7-14k tops, when getting around 30-54k on the afflicted, something just... isn't right there, and I only get a few kills out of many many many assists.

I do notice, on the Afflicted you are guaranteed your OWN kill counts (mostly), because there's so many of them so it's either my fault that I can't get the kill count and only get assists instead, or I'm really missing something lol. I stay glued to the A,B,C,(D) stands and fight off the enemies when they take them over, trying to defend as much as possible, I use a tachmag and a ground pounder regularly, also a northstar flare because it's my personal favorite weapons of choice and the tachmags are pretty fast ;)

I just would like to know some advice from anyone or tips at least on what could help with the Volge Sieges, I tend to see a lot of people during them vulturing the kills, as in waiting JUST until someone else nearly kills the mob, and then hitting it and stealing the kill, is that honestly what you're supposed to do to get as many points as a lot of the people I see get, if so.... I have no comment then.

i used to have problems breaking 20k also --- until a friend pointed out the errors of my ways.

this works for me -- results will vary.

my loadout is a frag grenade, my grenadier shield, and a green ( yes green ) vbi smg which has a double crit roll, syphon, and the xp roll is +3% dmg from behind --- my secondary is a vot blaster with syphon and it has a double mag roll that adds 28 bullets so i put a fast reloaded mag on it because it takes three years to reload.

i cant remember the names of most of the perks --- but preparedness is your best friend. there is also one called kinetic transfer or something like that --- this one makes every enemy explosive that hits you recharge part of your ego power, which comes in super handy with the volge bombers. there are a few other perks that add health and make your crit mult go up when your shield breaks -- i cant remember all of them, and a couple that drop extra ammo -- which saves time having to run to the ammo box.

i have tried the volge sieges at every location but now i only do the ones in the mutant district at the south end of san fran -- the reason for this is i now know all of the volge spawn points, and all of the ammo boxes are on ground level, unlike say , bathhouse, where you have to jump down to the lower level.

depending on the clip size of your main weapon, you will notice that although you do most of the damage, someone else will get the kills, which is where the blaster comes into place -- i switch to the blaster to finish them off and the preparedness perk reloads my gun while i am doing it.

also --- leave the visceras for last. yes -- they give you more points, but the bombers and volge soldiers you kill in the time it takes to take down a viscera will double, triple, or quadruple the score you get from the viscera. also -- protect the flag/base -- you get extra points for killing them while they are trying to take the base.

i average 35k per siege. i have gotten an orange immunizer and seven orange volge battle rifles.

hope it helps

Deunan
11-18-2013, 08:11 AM
False. Bio works against the Volge. Electric procs and stops shield regen but the Volge won't take the status effect.I've never seen Volge with poop shoes. Is it just not visually manifesting? They move so slow to begin with it's hard for me to gage slowed movement with it. The only time I ever stop shooting a Volge before it's dead is if a Trooper starts trying to take the cap point so I guess I wouldn't have noticed the lack of shield regeneration.

Deunan
11-18-2013, 08:27 AM
...The best weapon to fight Volges is without a doubt a syphon tachmag pulser. It combines high damage, high mobility and frequent healing from syphon: all of these things allow you to stay right in the heart of the action.Another benefit of the Tachmag is that it has a small target reticle, low bloom and low recoil which makes it ideal for hiting weak points shooting from the hip. This makes the Gunslinger perk useful with the weapon.

Another perk I'm probably going to switch in is the Nerves of Steel Perk. Since your often in the path of advancement for Volge Vicera I think it might be useful as well.

Red Mephisto
11-18-2013, 08:34 AM
Never liked tachmags...eats ammo to fast for me.

Prefer VBI or Pulers for SMG's, but Assault carbines, VBI and SAWS for DMG dealing wins out IMO.

Alexri
11-18-2013, 08:47 AM
You need to get rid of that grenade launcher, there likely isn't a more useless weapon out there against the Volge. Get a Tachmag Pulser, VBI SMG, or VOT Pulser as your primary, preferably with at least one crit bonus. Specs are more important than rarity. Syphon is probably the best nano for a beginner, since it will keep you alive, but radiation is for pure damage. Your primary weapon will rely on crits, which is the only way to go for massive damage.

Your secondary should be a VOT Blaster with as large a magazine as possible (i.e. look for magazine bonuses). Blasters are great for fast damage and doesn't rely on crits, and a Blaster with a mag of 50+ should be able to take down the lowest tiers of Volge in a single magazine each. This is your backup, however, and is for when you run out of ammo.

Go for the sieges in SF, they always score best for me at least. Using the above and only going for those, I can't remember last time I scored below 50k, normally it's in the 60-70k range (that that's with very good versions of each weapon type above).

Red Mephisto
11-18-2013, 08:55 AM
You need to get rid of that grenade launcher, there likely isn't a more useless weapon out there against the Volge. Get a Tachmag Pulser, VBI SMG, or VOT Pulser as your primary, preferably with at least one crit bonus. Specs are more important than rarity. Syphon is probably the best nano for a beginner, since it will keep you alive, but radiation is for pure damage. Your primary weapon will rely on crits, which is the only way to go for massive damage.

Your secondary should be a VOT Blaster with as large a magazine as possible (i.e. look for magazine bonuses). Blasters are great for fast damage and doesn't rely on crits, and a Blaster with a mag of 50+ should be able to take down the lowest tiers of Volge in a single magazine each. This is your backup, however, and is for when you run out of ammo.

Go for the sieges in SF, they always score best for me at least. Using the above and only going for those, I can't remember last time I scored below 50k, normally it's in the 60-70k range (that that's with very good versions of each weapon type above).

Damn, I usually AVG 50k with my SAW....impressive sir!

Cocoawolf
11-18-2013, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=Alexri;1325796]You need to get rid of that grenade launcher, there likely isn't a more useless weapon out there against the Volge. Get a Tachmag Pulser, VBI SMG, or VOT Pulser as your primary, preferably with at least one crit bonus. Specs are more important than rarity. Syphon is probably the best nano for a beginner, since it will keep you alive, but radiation is for pure damage. Your primary weapon will rely on crits, which is the only way to go for massive damage.

Already got rid of it, I was simply testing it during a siege in SF and did much better than before even, but I swapped it to my tachmag with syphon that the bf handed down, and am doing 1000x better now that I can face tank them so to speak, well of course if there isn't three on me at once ;) and the SF one we did was bathhouse, normally there are more people at it - there were only 3, we got overwhelmed and still managed to get a t4 lockbox from it scoring above 20k, I had a ground pounder for when we got overwhelmed just to straight up kill them, I've noticed the ground pounder I have does an outrageous amount of damage, it has a 6 mag and when I can hide around a corner (When Overwhelmed) it's like the backup kill move. Not saying it's a preferred choice or anything, but nice to have when you are getting cornered lol and OMG I've been looking through the vendors and events in hopes of a Vot blaster, hadn't gotten one yet but still trying. Will look into the crits more now, thanks ;)

maverick07
11-18-2013, 06:49 PM
I've never seen Volge with poop shoes. Is it just not visually manifesting? They move so slow to begin with it's hard for me to gage slowed movement with it. The only time I ever stop shooting a Volge before it's dead is if a Trooper starts trying to take the cap point so I guess I wouldn't have noticed the lack of shield regeneration.

It can be hard to see the poop shoes but they are affected. Bio grenades are my main grenade for the Volge Sieges and they work great for them if used correctly.

I use a Bionova in spawns I know are coming and to slow down troopers and keep them in range of turrets if possible. Now yes Bio grenades aren't gonna do the damage up front that clusters or frags are going to. But they can slow down the primary threat for capturing points (troopers). And they make all Volge do half damage when affected to make it easier for you as well as allies to output more damage.

MurdError23
11-18-2013, 08:45 PM
i like lm-43s with 180 to 200 round mags because you just keep dealing damage. couple it with the scope that doesn't actually change the look of scope but give accuracy, then just keep hitting the face or yellow on the torso of the bombers. grab the ammo that falls when one of em goes down, scavanger perk is good there, preparedness will ease the reload burden, but you will go through ammo pretty quick. usually gets me 25-40k per siege depending on when i get there. if i'm not low on script i like to try different things i don't see too many people doing. like if i hang where i know 3 or 4 troopers are going to spawn in northpoint i break out my cannoneer invader with bug bonus and reload bonus in one slot and canker with assassin in the other. not so effective against just one though as the bugs scatter and die before finding anything to nibble on. that's half the fun for me, experimenting with combos.

edit*i worked 15hours today/tonight and i'm kinda exhausted so sorry i'm not exactly succinct/grammar prone here ;)

bigguy
11-19-2013, 09:28 AM
more OJs that arent battle rifles and less battle rifles