PDA

View Full Version : AlienWare laptop

Warden
11-21-2013, 01:42 AM
Hey just looking for a small bit of feedback, I am going to go purchase an alienware lap top I already have what I plan on getting in mind. I was wondering if anyone is using it for defiance, im wondering how it runs. Im sure it does great but I am curious.

Yrkul
11-21-2013, 03:57 AM
Not sure this is the right section...

I'm running Defiance on a 3 year old MSI laptop, so you should be fine on most new hardware.

Gomly
11-21-2013, 04:30 AM
Have to admit, i'm not a fan of Alienware.

It's overpriced for what it is.

It will more than likely run the game well for you though.

Mike Farad
11-21-2013, 05:15 AM
here's a compatibility check, gpu and cpu

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=4455&canMyGpuRunIt=Defiance

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
11-21-2013, 08:07 AM
I had an alienware laptop that I gamed on for 6 years without problem, but it was top of the line when I bought it. even a low end alienware will play defiance just fine, but before you buy it I suggest you shop around. alienware is famous for using special plug ends and such on their hardware, so if you want to upgrade anything in the future it has to be through them. also, if you ever need repair work done, you have to go through them. look into a company that uses "off the shelf" hardware. it will be the exact same items as alienware uses. check out www.digitalstormonline.com ive purchased three towers and 2 laptops from them and they are by far one of the best companies I have ever dealt with when it comes to electronics

bigguy
11-21-2013, 09:51 AM
sup puddytat hope all is well

Warden
11-22-2013, 02:15 PM
thanks fellas I like the feedback but I wasn't planning on just running defiance on it. I am running Ghosts and ESO beta. I looked around at different laptops I wanted one for on the go. I found a few good ones had same specs and everything but the alienware just looked cooler as well lol so I ended up making that purchase.