PDA

View Full Version : What does the $5...(What you get in terms of content)

Deathshot
11-21-2013, 02:18 PM
You spent on buying this game get you?

Seeing as there is DLC and a Cash shop. What do you pay for when buying the game other than the game itself?

Seeing as Guild Wars 2 offers free DLC every other week unlike Defiance seeing it has a cash shop and you much buy it especially at a more expensive price.

Is there any other game that has DLC and cash shop that you much by? What do you get when you buy those games?

is new content free in games like Defiance? What's suppose to be in these DLC that they would want/expect people to pay for it unlike other games with free DLC?

is there a difference?

And for the record I am asking about games with both DLC and cash shop so unless DCU has one...

Etaew
11-21-2013, 03:57 PM
You get the entire storyline and the ability to play with every other player in all the activities they do in the open world, even if they have the DLC.

DLCs add extra abilities, unique outfits / vehicles, a start on some weapons some private storyline content, etc.

hardy83
11-21-2013, 04:16 PM
I thought the game is currently at $10, not $5.

crasher
11-21-2013, 04:49 PM
I thought the game is currently at $10, not $5.
Steam sale, and some Walmarts.

DanteYoda
11-21-2013, 07:41 PM
You spent on buying this game get you?

Seeing as there is DLC and a Cash shop. What do you pay for when buying the game other than the game itself?

Seeing as Guild Wars 2 offers free DLC every other week unlike Defiance seeing it has a cash shop and you much buy it especially at a more expensive price.

Is there any other game that has DLC and cash shop that you much by? What do you get when you buy those games?

is new content free in games like Defiance? What's suppose to be in these DLC that they would want/expect people to pay for it unlike other games with free DLC?

is there a difference?

And for the record I am asking about games with both DLC and cash shop so unless DCU has one...

The Secret World has the same as Defiance, DLC and Cash Store.

Sanguinesun
11-21-2013, 08:54 PM
The Secret World has the same as Defiance, DLC and Cash Store.

Not the same. Comparing TSW's content to Defiance is like comparing an oil tanker to a a gumball machine's toy canoe. Only thing Defiance does better would be its combat... and that is only due to its action base.:rolleyes:

DanteYoda
11-21-2013, 09:08 PM
Not the same. Comparing TSW's content to Defiance is like comparing an oil tanker to a a gumball machine's toy canoe. Only thing Defiance does better would be its combat... and that is only due to its action base.:rolleyes:

I've played both now i would say TSW is not as fun as Defiance but their content comes faster, and their chat works :D

But to the OP the Secret World has paid expansions like DLC here and their cash shop is customization mostly (like here). TSW and DEFI stories are as good as each other imo. Combat here kills TSW..

Arsenic_Touch
11-21-2013, 10:43 PM
It gets you arma 2 and arrowhead so you can play DayZ :p

Gomly
11-22-2013, 03:48 AM
It gets you arma 2 and arrowhead so you can play DayZ :p

Which I just bought in a steam sale.