PDA

View Full Version : Keycode Sources

Etaew
11-23-2013, 03:53 PM
One of the resources I want as a player is a list of where I can get keycodes, since they are the main end-game right now. This section has been missing from Defiance Data so I am starting to add it.

First I am in the data collection stage, which means I am semi motivated to play again, going around doing activities and seeing what rewards I get. I am putting my findings on a document on the site.

Page: http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=118

I am also appealing for community knowledge, where do you go to get keycodes?

Camelot
11-23-2013, 03:59 PM
you do co-op.5 keycode everytime or arkfall but you have to wait.or farm break stuff then buy keycodes

Tekrunner
11-23-2013, 04:04 PM
All minor arkfalls: either 0, 2 or 3.
Major arkfalls except for DM: 3 - 5.
Major DM arkfalls: 4 - 6.

I believe that San Quentin gives up to 2 (1 for completion + 1 for top contribution). As does Kenn Farm.
Miwok ranch: 2 + 1.
Volge and afflicted sieges tier 10: 4.
All coops: 5.

WhiteF8ng
11-23-2013, 05:15 PM

I believe that San Quentin gives up to 2 (1 for completion + 1 for top contribution). As does Kenn Farm.

All of this. Minors can also give out 1 key. Conflict sites give 0-2 or 0-3 depending on the conflict site. Like Kinship Plaza gives 3 max I believe. And Dark Matter Base. Possibly Downtown as well. Quite a few to sift through.

maverick07
11-23-2013, 06:03 PM

This looks pretty accurate. Yeah F8ng, I think I used to get 1 keycode for a minor, but I think now I only get 3, 2, or 0.

Also Waterfront and Observatory give 1 keycode. Shadow War and Freight yard/Military Academy give 2 keycodes.

All of this. Minors can also give out 1 key. Conflict sites give 0-2 or 0-3 depending on the conflict site. Like Kinship Plaza gives 3 max I believe. And Dark Matter Base. Possibly Downtown as well. Quite a few to sift through.

I know that Kinship, North Point Mine, Downtown, Bolinas, and Dark Matter Base can give 3 keycodes. And possibly the Alamo Park instance can give 3 but I'm not sure on that one.

Those five spots (and maybe Alamo Park) can either give 3, 2, or 0. Every other instance rewards 2, 1, or 0, with the exception of Mine 99 of course, which got nerfed to 1 key or none.

Oh also I've always gotten 2 keys max from Miwok Ranch. Maybe they changed that recently to have Miwok reward a possible 3 keys?

Edit - I forgot that Happy Pow Farm can also award 3 keycodes. So that makes 6 instances that I know for sure can give three keys.

Mike Farad
11-23-2013, 07:47 PM
I know that Kinship, North Point Mine, Downtown, Bolinas, and Dark Matter Base can give 3 keycodes. And possibly the Alamo Park instance can give 3 but I'm not sure on that one.

they really should give some keycodes to all missions/sites which would depend on difficulty/time to complete.
like Dark matter base should be 5 instead of 3.. so people would have more choices on where to farm instead of arkfalls all the time.

Oshduckman
11-23-2013, 07:56 PM
This looks pretty accurate. Yeah F8ng, I think I used to get 1 keycode for a minor, but I think now I only get 3, 2, or 0.

Also Waterfront and Observatory give 1 keycode. Shadow War and Freight yard/Military Academy give 2 keycodes.

Those five spots (and maybe Alamo Park) can either give 3, 2, or 0. Every other instance rewards 2, 1, or 0, with the exception of Mine 99 of course, which got nerfed to 1 key or none.

Oh also I've always gotten 2 keys max from Miwok Ranch. Maybe they changed that recently to have Miwok reward a possible 3 keys?

union depot, bolinas refinery, miwok and the other farm, ...parrabas farm and happy pow farm, ...pretty much guys if its a big mission (one of the multipart ones that you did originally during the storyline) you can do them again and again to get about 2-3 keycodes...i prefer parrabas especially to get the hellbug daily

maverick07
11-24-2013, 03:04 AM
Oops I forgot about Happy Pow! That one gives three keys as well so I will edit my first post with that information.

Tekrunner
11-24-2013, 03:21 AM
Just did Miwok solo, got 1+1. I thought I had done that one enough times to remember it right, but apparently not. Going to do some conflict sites, will report what I get.

Tekrunner
11-24-2013, 04:39 AM
Checking the locations on this map: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/160922872/Defiance%20Massive%20Map%2025.jpg

Accord Medical Clinic: 2
Kinship Plaza: 3
Parraba Farm: 1 (not solo)
Happy Pow Farm: 2 (not solo)
North Point Mine: 3

Will add more later.

Etaew
11-24-2013, 04:43 AM
Checking the locations on this map:

Aww I'm hurt you aren't using the Conflict Sites List (http://www.defiancedata.com/events.php) or Conflict Sites Map (http://www.defiancedata.com/eventsmap.php) :p

I've been updating my notes with the posts you have made as well as continuing to test myself.

Sanguinesun
11-24-2013, 04:46 AM
You forgot Trion's number one priority location for obtaining keycodes: their little store. :P Though Im in full support of that being left off the list :rolleyes:

Etaew
11-24-2013, 04:47 AM
You forgot Trion's number one priority location for obtaining keycodes: their little store. :P

Well you can't buy keycodes there, but you can buy the lockboxes.

Sanguinesun
11-24-2013, 04:48 AM
Well you can't buy keycodes there, but you can buy the lockboxes.

Same end result tis what was meant :P

Tekrunner
11-24-2013, 04:48 AM
Aww I'm hurt you aren't using the Conflict Sites List (http://www.defiancedata.com/events.php) or Conflict Sites Map (http://www.defiancedata.com/eventsmap.php) :p

Dude, I found that map on your site :p
The good thing about it is that it already shows whether a conflict site may grant keys or not. Since I don't think any of that has changed, I thought I'd leave conflict sites known not to give keys alone.

Etaew
11-24-2013, 04:56 AM
The good thing about it is that it already shows whether a conflict site may grant keys or not.
Wow I totally didn't realize that info was on that map :D

MaxSterling
11-24-2013, 06:10 AM

I've been getting 5 keycodes no matter how far I get... and that's without using BMG.

Holy Bahamut3
11-24-2013, 07:14 AM
Getting Max keycodes at an arkfall is not hard. Just put a BMG in the build and do some partime healing. I think as long as you healed a around a shield capacity's worth of damage you get max keycodes. That may be different with dark matter arkfalls I wouldn't know because I am healing more often. You also have to do some damage or you get no keycodes. Been late to some minors and found that out. Damage plus healing at arkfalls also get them to drop a blue from time to time on the last wave of a minor.

Tekrunner
11-24-2013, 07:39 AM
I've been getting 5 keycodes no matter how far I get... and that's without using BMG.

This surprises me. The few screeshots of siege scores that I have all show 4 keys at tier 10 (plus 13 330 xp, and 1000 scrips for volge, 330 scrips for afflicted).

Etaew
11-24-2013, 10:58 AM
Genuinely surprised that some of these Conflict Sites don't reward any keycodes as well as some of the larger emergencies, sillyness.

Holy Bahamut3
11-24-2013, 11:52 AM
This surprises me. The few screeshots of siege scores that I have all show 4 keys at tier 10 (plus 13 330 xp, and 1000 scrips for volge, 330 scrips for afflicted).

I think this person is genuinely confused and thinks he's talking about Arkfalls...

Tekrunner
11-24-2013, 02:58 PM
More tests:
Kenn Farm: 2
Ridgecrest Mine: 2 (not solo)
Towers Quarry: 2
Split Rock Mine: 2
Mill Valley Mines: 2 (not solo)
Horseshoe Bay: 2

Holy Bahamut3
11-24-2013, 03:17 PM
more tests:
Kenn farm: 2
ridgecrest mine: 2 (not solo)
towers quarry: 2
split rock mine: 2
mill valley mines: 2 (not solo)
horseshoe bay: 2

min max all the things!

Bonehead
11-24-2013, 03:18 PM
Genuinely surprised that some of these Conflict Sites don't reward any keycodes as well as some of the larger emergencies, sillyness.

I would say stupidness.

Etaew
11-24-2013, 04:05 PM
Update on the ones we need to check:

List: http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=118

REDO Assault on San Quentin: 1 (with another player) - potentially 2
REDO Bolinas Meltdown: 0 (with another player)
REDO Flotsam and Jetsam: 0 (not solo - couldn't interact with containers only other player could - mission?)
REDO Hellbug Horror: 1 (not solo)
REDO Hostile Takeover: 2 (not solo)
TODO Miner Disruption (Mine 99)
TODO Murder Island
TODO No Finer Place (Downtown)
TODO Port Stinston Sabotage
REDO Parraba's Problems: 1 (not solo)
TODO Remember the Alamo
REDO Ridgecrest Rescue 2 (not solo)
TODO Saving Echelon (Big Stone Reach)
TODO Seascape Farms
TODO Smashing the Smugglers (Point Bonita Refinery)
TODO Sniper Ridge Assault
TODO Sutro Tower
TODO System Control (Trolly Graveyard)
TODO Technicians and Turrets (Mine 98)
TODO Telecom Sabotage (Verdant Ridge)
TODO Yes, disassemble (Bathhouse)
TODO Zhena Array

Thearl
11-25-2013, 06:58 AM
Diablo Refinery - usually 2 if you stay and kill the alpha after clearing the pods.

Might also want to compile the pursuits that reward keys.

Etaew
11-25-2013, 07:11 AM
Might also want to compile the pursuits that reward keys.
Maybe, with those they aren't repeatable however so the value is lessened. When I added pursuits to the Defiance Data DB I had the rewards as a text field, at some point that needs a pass to make that a separate field.

likeike12
11-25-2013, 06:26 PM
You forgot to put union depot gives 2 keys

Etaew
11-25-2013, 06:36 PM
You forgot to put union depot gives 2 keys

Thanks for the comment, the problem is that I work in different names to most everyone else, I take the conflict site name, the thing that appears at the top of the screen not the location name. I had it under a different name, I'll make sure that both names are visible on the final list :)

Storm58
11-26-2013, 10:18 AM
More tests:
Kenn Farm: 2
Ridgecrest Mine: 2 (not solo)
Towers Quarry: 2
Split Rock Mine: 2
Mill Valley Mines: 2 (not solo)
Horseshoe Bay: 2

Did you repeat any of these? If so, did you get the same amount of keys each time? This would be great for me as I don't really care for the Arkfalls/Sieges anymore since there are a million people and Defiance and I have a disconnect issue. Plus, these sites are more fun/challenging. At least for me. *le moo*

Etaew
11-26-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm going to try repeating these at different stages to compare the keycode rewards, I have a sneaky suspicion that the reward is calculated at the end of stage 1 of the event (which locks to new players afterwards) and doesn't pay attention to how much you contribute in later stages.

For example I did a Stage 1 recently where there were 4 objects to deactivate, the other guy in the instance when I joined had cleared 3 of them and I came in and did the last one, I then equally worked on the final few stages and didn't receive any keycodes. Doing this solo rewarded 2 or 3 (I don't remember which).

Deunan
11-26-2013, 01:15 PM
...You also have to do some damage or you get no keycodes....I've gotten late to Arkfalls where all I had time to do was heal with the BMG and I've gotten keycodes and maximum number of keycodes. One time I got to minor one and literally was using my BMG for less than 10 seconds when the crystal blew up and I didn't even recall seeing any green healing numbers and still got 2 keycodes although it's quite possible I healed some player or players outside my field of vision because my BMG range and link numbers are pretty far and manifest almost instantly at my BMG skill level. I definitely didn't do a single point of damage.

Holy Bahamut3
11-26-2013, 01:19 PM
That's weird. I was in the same situation. Healed like 3 different people recently and got no keycodes. Was only minor healing though.

Tekrunner
11-26-2013, 02:31 PM
I'm going to try repeating these at different stages to compare the keycode rewards, I have a sneaky suspicion that the reward is calculated at the end of stage 1 of the event (which locks to new players afterwards) and doesn't pay attention to how much you contribute in later stages.

You know I wonder if they changed anything recently, because while trying to test these I've been able to join ongoing conflicts even as they were almost done. For example I made it into a Kenn Farm "instance" that had like 15 seconds remaining before the raiders fled. Of course I didn't get any keycodes from that, but I don't think this used to be possible.

Anyway, been doing some more. I'm not going to redo the ones I've already done solo, because I'm pretty sure that solo rewards are always the same.
Parraba's Farm: 2
Happy Pow Farm: just can't get a solo instance... someone needs to do this one early in the morning...
Ridgecrest Mine: 2
Point Bonita Refinery: 2

EDIT:
Seascape Farms: 2
Mill Valley Mines: 2
Port Stinson: 2

Deunan
11-26-2013, 02:39 PM
That's weird. I was in the same situation. Healed like 3 different people recently and got no keycodes. Was only minor healing though.The minor one I mentioned was a blue Arkfall Crystal. Maybe you need to do some damage at red ones?

Etaew
11-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Updated the list:
http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=118

So far still outstanding:

- REDO Hellbug Horror: 1 (not solo)
- REDO Hostile Takeover: 2 (not solo)
- TODO Miner Disruption (Mine 99)
- TODO Murder Island
- TODO No Finer Place (Downtown)
- TODO Port Stinston Sabotage
- TODO Remember the Alamo
- TODO Saving Echelon (Big Stone Reach)
- TODO Seascape Farms

Just did:
- Smashing the Smugglers (Point Bonita Refinery): 2

I completely forgot this conflict site existed, I must have only done it twice in my playing time. Playing through it was a joy, it was almost like new content!

Tekrunner
11-26-2013, 03:16 PM
I completely forgot this conflict site existed, I must have only done it twice in my playing time. Playing through it was a joy, it was almost like new content!

I added a few to my previous post, including that one. And same thing here, I don't even remember doing it before. Guess there's usually no reason to go to that place.

I'm pretty sure that the most time-efficient conflicts (when trying to do them as quickly as possible) are Parraba's Farm, Accord Medical Clinic and San Quentin. This will be especially true for the first two if playing with a group after DLC 2 (can spread out to destroy the hellbug thingies and gather the drugs faster).

Also, would you consider adding the location after every conflict name? I have no idea where some of these are if I don't look it up.

Etaew
11-26-2013, 03:36 PM
I added a few to my previous post, including that one. And same thing here, I don't even remember doing it before. Guess there's usually no reason to go to that place.

Also, would you consider adding the location after every conflict name? I have no idea where some of these are if I don't look it up.

Thanks for the updated information, I've added the location names to the list. That list is meant to only be temporary for inclusion into the main DB.

Left on the list now are:

REDO Flotsam and Jetsam (Fishermans Wharf): 0 (not solo - couldn't interact with containers only other player could - mission?)
REDO Hellbug Horror (Happy Pow Farms): 1 (not solo)
TODO Miner Disruption (Mine 99)
TODO Murder Island
TODO No Finer Place (Downtown)
TODO Remember the Alamo (Alamo Park):
TODO Saving Echelon (Big Stone Reach)

Tekrunner
11-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Finally managed to do Happy Pow Farms solo, and that gave me 3 keys.

Etaew
11-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Finally managed to do Happy Pow Farms solo, and that gave me 3 keys.

Awesome, thanks. Been distracted with the Alpha server. On December 10 with DLC 2 it might be worth re-running a few of these to see what we get.

Whippersnapper
11-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Thing is they got rid of sources so this list may be outdated. For example, Mine 99 no longer gives codes and many emergencies don't give codes anymore.

Tekrunner
11-28-2013, 12:14 AM
We just rechecked all conflict sites, so the list should be up-to-date, at least until DLC 2.

Tekrunner
11-28-2013, 01:47 PM
Heh, just did Mine 98 on the PTS, got 1 key. I was surprised when I didn't get any on live, I was pretty sure Mine 99 didn't give any but Mine 98 did.

Etaew
11-28-2013, 01:51 PM
Heh, just did Mine 98 on the PTS, got 1 key. I was surprised when I didn't get any on live, I was pretty sure Mine 99 didn't give any but Mine 98 did.

So potentially the conflict site rewards have been normalised which is good, although bad for us when we have to do more testing ;)