PDA

View Full Version : Possible purchase : Pros/Cons

cesmode
04-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Hi,
I've been passively following this game a bit. I played a little during the last beta. It sounds like the launch is going well, congrats Trion (an awsome game developer). In any case, I think I am still holding off a few days or weeks to see how it all shakes out. Once the honeymoon period is over for some of you, I want to see your reactions. Even though still great games and I do enjoy both, most recently Tera and Guild Wars 2 had great honeymoon periods for me, but after time that faded(as I am sure this is true for all game releases).

Anyways, if you so desire, please let me know what you think of the game so far, based on betas and the launch.

Platform:
Max Ego obtained:
Playstyle(sniper, etc):
Dynamic Events/Leveling experience:
Loot/Reward system:
Gameplay/Combat responsiveness:
Exploration/Open World immersion:
Crafting:
"End Game"(if there is any?):
Talent system:
Sustainability(Does the game have enough in it to keep you logging in each day for months, or a year+):
Gameplay Systems(Dungeons/etc):

Please feel free to chime in on any or all of the above. Really curious what everyone thinks thus far.

Tenbears
04-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Shesh... buy it, or don't buy it. You don't have to pay a sub to play it.

It's a shooter.
It's fun.

Monkerlotus
04-02-2013, 09:32 AM
Shesh... buy it, or don't buy it. You don't have to pay a sub to play it.

It's a shooter.
It's fun.

pretty much this, my fun levels have increased 900% since launch!

Skydive
04-02-2013, 09:57 AM
I'm gonna be negative first then end on the positives

Negatives
======
It's very buggy in places
The in game voice is poor quality
User Interface is not intuitive (especially when it comes to adding friend, grouping and chatting)
The mutlilayer nature of the menu system makes it difficult to find specific things easily
I can guarantee you, when you want to log out the first time, if you hadn't researched it before, you'll be "Ok how the (insert expletive here) do I exit the game?"

Positives
======
It's a shooter MMO (i.e. not another wow/eq clone)
It takes some good elements from Rifts (i.e. Rifts as arkfalls)
It has no classes (but your character active perks are highly customisible)
It has an achievement system to unlock stuff
It has episode stories (which seem limited in quantity at the moment, are quite high quality)
You get your travel vehicle very early in your characters journey

Mustaine
04-02-2013, 10:03 AM
You'll end up buying something else anyway.

Why not spend that money in a 100% sure shtako load of fun?

OwlorNothing
04-02-2013, 10:12 AM
PS - launch is not "going well." just sayin'...

Tenbears
04-02-2013, 10:20 AM
I can guarantee you, when you want to log out the first time, if you hadn't researched it before, you'll be "Ok how the (insert expletive here) do I exit the game?"
You aren't kidding either... that was the most epic fail moment I have ever had last night.

I actually just alt-tabbed and did an "end task"

LMAO.