PDA

View Full Version : How do synergy mods work?

zazonion
11-26-2013, 07:32 AM
How do they work? I've seen then in mod vedors but have no idea how they work. Also where can I find purple and orange mods?

Elastik Spastik
11-26-2013, 07:38 AM
How do they work? I've seen then in mod vedors but have no idea how they work. Also where can I find purple and orange mods?

When you have a weapon with 4 synergy mod slots then you buy the mods with that synergy and attach them. When you put a mod slot in the number one slot is activated. Get a second mod of the same synergy and number two becomes activated and so on. However if you have a weapon that has just a number 2 then you need two weapons of the same synergy in the same loadout for it to be activated, but you can put whatever mods you want in.

Hope that helps. Someone else might be able to explain it better.

Bane_Of_Legends
11-26-2013, 07:46 AM
When you have a weapon with 4 synergy mod slots then you buy the mods with that synergy and attach them. When you put a mod slot in the number one slot is activated. Get a second mod of the same synergy and number two becomes activated and so on. However if you have a weapon that has just a number 2 then you need two weapons of the same synergy in the same loadout for it to be activated, but you can put whatever mods you want in.

Couldn't have said it better mahself.

zazonion
12-01-2013, 12:45 PM

How am I able to tell if I have synergy slots?

Bane_Of_Legends
12-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Look under the synergy name. You'll either see two lines of text, or four lines. 2 means loadout synergy, 4 means mod synergy.

Maixx
12-01-2013, 02:05 PM
http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/05/07/weapon-synergy/

And an awesome guide.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?117443-Sin-s-Ultimate-Guide-to-Weapon-Mods&p=1107997#post1107997

Oshduckman
12-01-2013, 02:20 PM

also don't be discouraged if when you put a mod with the same synergy into it and the slot doesn't light up...for some reason Trion made it so the weapon loadout won't turn all white until you have all 4 mods with the same synergy installed

DanteYoda
12-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Synergies are useless and don't work at all, i got a Quartermaster Synergy VBI TACC Assasult Rifle added a Quartermaster Mod and it added nothing all 4 slots are still greyed out..

Why have mechanics in a game if they don't even work...

also don't be discouraged if when you put a mod with the same synergy into it and the slot doesn't light up...for some reason Trion made it so the weapon loadout won't turn all white until you have all 4 mods with the same synergy installed
Seriously that is insane.........do you then get all 4 mod synergies working if not that sounds partially broken.

rebtattoo
12-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Synergies are useless and don't work at all, i got a Quartermaster Synergy VBI TACC Assasult Rifle added a Quartermaster Mod and it added nothing all 4 slots are still greyed out..

Why have mechanics in a game if they don't even work...

Seriously that is insane.........do you then get all 4 mod synergies working if not that sounds partially broken.All 4 bonuses will work. The weapon just doesn't "light up" until it is completely modded properly.

maverick07
12-01-2013, 07:48 PM
All 4 bonuses will work. The weapon just doesn't "light up" until it is completely modded properly.

Yep this. They do work, but for whatever reason it doesn't light up until you fill all 4 slots, though I was thinking this was getting fixed with DLC2...

WhiteF8ng
12-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Yep this. They do work, but for whatever reason it doesn't light up until you fill all 4 slots, though I was thinking this was getting fixed with DLC2...

They did something with it. The Synergy name is now white instead of gray. Not sure if the separate lines light up as mods are placed. I'm pretty sure Arsenic would've mentioned it. Maybe that's all they did...lmao....