PDA

View Full Version : Arkbreaker DLC Public Test Server is up and running

OverloadUT
11-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Hey guys,

The Defiance Public Test Server is now live! It's running the latest Arkbreaker build, so if you want to get a hands-on preview of the DLC, you can do it right now.

Details of how to install the Public Test Client are on the Defiance blog:
http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/11/26/join-the-defiance-public-test-server-now/

Arkbreaker
11-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Too bad im a mac user. =( Lol is the server under NDA?

Elastik Spastik
11-26-2013, 05:57 PM
Can I use this through steam as my defiance is on it?

Etaew
11-26-2013, 05:58 PM

I can't seem to find a way, I want to be able to take screenshots for DD but since I run the game through Steam when I add a non Steam game version it just links back to the original and doesn't add.

Edit PS: Just let us hide the UI and take screenshots in your client, PLEASE! :)

OverloadUT
11-26-2013, 05:59 PM

The PTS client is a completely separate thing you need to install, but yes owning the game through Steam counts as owning the game, so you'll be able to play it.

Edit: if you're talking about running it through Steam so that Steam thinks you're playing Defiance, then unfortunately no this is not possible. Sorry!

Elastik Spastik
11-26-2013, 06:00 PM
The PTS client is a completely separate thing you need to install, but yes owning the game through Steam counts as owning the game, so you'll be able to play it.

So if i download it to my pc in the same place as the game it will work?

OverloadUT
11-26-2013, 06:01 PM
So if i download it to my pc in the same place as the game it will work?

There's no need to put it in the same place. The PTS client is basically treated like an entirely different game - you download the installer, patch it up, and log in using your Trion account.

Elastik Spastik
11-26-2013, 06:02 PM
There's no need to put it in the same place. The PTS client is basically treated like an entirely different game - you download the installer, patch it up, and log in using your Trion account.

Ok many thanks. Ooooo cant wait.

Elastik Spastik
11-26-2013, 06:06 PM
2hr 30 download. Damn.

Etaew
11-26-2013, 06:07 PM
2hr 30 download. Damn.

Yeah, due to the time in the UK it is looking like it's something I'm going to have to cover in the morning. (although 45m for me)

Elastik Spastik
11-26-2013, 06:11 PM
Yeah, due to the time in the UK it is looking like it's something I'm going to have to cover in the morning. (although 45m for me)

Im on a military camp and use a company called wifinity. They got it in all accommodation buildings.. Not the best internet speeds.

Guess il have a sleep and wake up extra early.

Etaew
11-26-2013, 06:34 PM
The Defiance Public Test Server is now live!

Could we have draft notes so we have something to test against? :)

Elastik Spastik
11-26-2013, 06:37 PM
I just hope the Warmaster is one hell of a boss that makes ya eyes bleed and feel that sense of achievement.

Sliverbaer
11-26-2013, 07:07 PM

Yeah, going to update the patcher notes with...stuff for DLC2?

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2894/11077106995_55e74222b1_z.jpg

dahanese
11-26-2013, 07:08 PM

Let me work on that - I think we can have something up tomorrow!

skepticck
11-26-2013, 07:14 PM
So is this really gonna be for testing or is everything already pretty much locked up and this is just PR, what i mean is, is it worth reporting any issues or will it be like DLC 1 where a lot of issues were reported but pretty much everything was ignored and was still there at release.

BJWyler
11-26-2013, 07:30 PM
Hey O or D - if we have the previous installation of the Alpha Test installed do we need to uninstall that first, or can we just patch and play?

Etaew
11-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Hey O or D - if we have the previous installation of the Alpha Test installed do we need to uninstall that first, or can we just patch and play?You can patch and play, am on it right now using my old install.

Not sure if DLC 2 is actually activated for my char though, looks like just the patch content is there.

BJWyler
11-26-2013, 07:37 PM
You can patch and play, am on it right now using my old install.

Not sure if DLC 2 is actually activated for my char though, looks like just the patch content is there.

Thanks a bunch!

Arsenic_Touch
11-26-2013, 07:38 PM
So is this really gonna be for testing or is everything already pretty much locked up and this is just PR, what i mean is, is it worth reporting any issues or will it be like DLC 1 where a lot of issues were reported but pretty much everything was ignored and was still there at release.

If it's anything like the first round, it's mainly PR and problems that get reported will go live with it. However, despite not playing defiance in nearly a month, I'm updating right now and will play the hell out of it and keep the community informed. Someone's gotta do it. :p

I'll work on it tonight.

And you guys, you need to update this - http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?119788-Welcome-to-the-Defiance-Alpha-Test-Server-Status-OFFLINE

And you also need to archive the section or add a new section for this DLC so it doesn't confuse people when I make threads reporting bugs and offering criticism and showcasing the changes.

Sliverbaer
11-26-2013, 07:58 PM
And you guys, you need to update this - http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?119788-Welcome-to-the-Defiance-Alpha-Test-Server-Status-OFFLINE

And you also need to archive the section or add a new section for this DLC so it doesn't confuse people when I make threads reporting bugs and offering criticism and showcasing the changes.

Yes this! Please archive the DLC1 test forum and make a new DLC2 test forum or separate it somehow.

Bonehead
11-26-2013, 09:18 PM
I can't find how to start the new quest line.
I like the favorite buttons in the inventory.
The killer robot* is missing at the golden gate bridge.
The proxy memory slider is in the video section of settings. I can't tell how it works because It's like a ghost town on the server right now.
The little ui tweeks are fine.
Just a bit frustrated I can't find the new story line.

* I'm tired and I can't remember what the heck it's called.

Oshduckman
11-26-2013, 09:38 PM
I can't find how to start the new quest line.
I like the favorite buttons in the inventory.
The killer robot* is missing at the golden gate bridge.
The proxy memory slider is in the video section of settings. I can't tell how it works because It's like a ghost town on the server right now.
The little ui tweeks are fine.
Just a bit frustrated I can't find the new story line.

* I'm tired and I can't remember what the heck it's called.

*= monolith.....now wake yourself up!

Bonehead
11-26-2013, 09:42 PM
*= monolith.....now wake yourself up!

Oh man I can't believe I forgot monolith.
Ugh.

Elastik Spastik
11-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Are you supposed to be able to use normal character or do you have to us new one? Mine hasnt shown up on char screen?
And is it supposed to take this long to load?

First time alpha tester.

Arsenic_Touch
11-26-2013, 11:36 PM
New character. Though if you participated in the last test, you can use your character from that.

And... where is the quest line to start the DLC? I noticed the sites to call down the arkfalls, but there's no quest line? (abandoned current quest just to check)

Elastik Spastik
11-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Does it take long to load after pressing new game. Mines taking forever? Dunno if its supposed to be like that.

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 12:09 AM
Wish we could use normal char. Start from beginning? How am I supposed to defeat a warmaster?

Tekrunner
11-27-2013, 12:15 AM
And... where is the quest line to start the DLC? I noticed the sites to call down the arkfalls, but there's no quest line? (abandoned current quest just to check)

Could it be that you need to be done with the main quest line (or at least past a certain point) for it to appear?

dahanese
11-27-2013, 12:26 AM

Please give feedback and report any problems. We want to hear them (although we'll need to look into any issues to figure out if they can be fixed before the 10th!)

Arsenic_Touch
11-27-2013, 12:29 AM
Please give feedback and report any problems. We want to hear them (although we'll need to look into any issues to figure out if they can be fixed before the 10th!)

So where's the questline to call down the arkfalls? I'm not seeing anything anywhere.

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 12:31 AM
Chat still not working properly. And my game closed itself for no reason.
So I have to do the whole story again? We should be able to use normal char.

Hate the red arrows above enemy.

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 12:58 AM
Anybody found the mission yet?

Arsenic_Touch
11-27-2013, 01:02 AM
Anybody found the mission yet?

No. Can't find it anywhere. This is kind of annoying. I hope they actually put it in and didn't leave it out and forgot to even mention it to us.

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 01:10 AM
For some reason I can only compare weapons once is been favourited. And only compares favourites.

Wish trion would tell us how to find the mission.

Umfafa
11-27-2013, 01:20 AM
No. Can't find it anywhere. This is kind of annoying. I hope they actually put it in and didn't leave it out and forgot to even mention it to us.

LOL

On the other hand, the failures have ended up being more entertaining than the new content.....so maybe that's DLC 2? Watch us fail for 10 bucks live.

twitch reflex
11-27-2013, 01:34 AM
Trion is just going to say it is in game. A month later now its in game for reals this time.

Etaew
11-27-2013, 01:35 AM
As I said earlier the DLC doesn't seem to be activated for our accounts, we are just able to test the patch content.

Arsenic_Touch
11-27-2013, 01:38 AM
As I said earlier the DLC doesn't seem to be activated for our accounts, we are just able to test the patch content.

But they have the conflict sites to call down the arkfalls all over the place, so that makes no sense.

Tekrunner
11-27-2013, 01:47 AM
But they have the conflict sites to call down the arkfalls all over the place, so that makes no sense.

What he means is that it's as if characters on the test server can only access the free part of the DLC, and not the paid part.

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 01:57 AM
Bit silly really. Should be testing the arks.

Arsenic_Touch
11-27-2013, 02:26 AM
Okay, just tested. Completing the arena quest line does not unlock the Arkbreaker quest line. So it has to be disabled or has an ego/quest requirement.

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 02:28 AM
Well now that iv experimented wit the UI seems pointless doing anything else unless a dev comes on and confirms if they will activate arkspikes or not.

Arsenic_Touch
11-27-2013, 04:47 AM
Going to bed. There's nothing else I can test with the DLC, we didn't receive our outfits, the daily/weekly rewards were lackluster. We can't get ark spike batteries to call down arkfalls. Stims and spikes are decent enough. The grenade system is just terrible.

All these scrip sinks yet I noticed guns still sell for the same amount and scrip rewards are still just as crappy.

From appearances, the paid portion of the DLC wasn't even activated yet. Kind of disappointing.

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 04:56 AM
Going to bed. There's nothing else I can test with the DLC, we didn't receive our outfits, the daily/weekly rewards were lackluster. We can't get ark spike batteries to call down arkfalls. Stims and spikes are decent enough. The grenade system is just terrible.

All these scrip sinks yet I noticed guns still sell for the same amount and scrip rewards are still just as crappy.

From appearances, the paid portion of the DLC wasn't even activated yet. Kind of disappointing.

Thanks for your work on the alpha forum arsenic.

Etaew
11-27-2013, 05:13 AM
Screenshots up on: http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=125

Will fill it out with text when I am more awake.

Red Mephisto
11-27-2013, 06:52 AM
The grenade system is just terrible.

Was worried about that.....

sigh...like, really bad or terrible??

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 07:02 AM

Its complete trash.

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 07:03 AM
Screenshots up on: http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=125

Will fill it out with text when I am more awake.
Thanks for the pics.

Bonehead
11-27-2013, 07:10 AM

It looks like if you had really cool oj nades they will be replaced with generic 5 pacs that have to be refilled @ 250 a pop.

Etaew
11-27-2013, 07:12 AM
grenade system is just terrible
Yeah I didn't really enjoy it, will anyone use the swap looting system as they designed it? I certainly never do. Next they will be telling us our shields will have a limited charge and don't regenerate, and we have to swap loot full shields from the floor or go to a recharging station. (Really please don't do this)

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 07:14 AM
Yeah I didn't really enjoy it, will anyone use the swap looting system as they designed it? I certainly never do. Next they will be telling us our shields will have a limited charge and don't regenerate, and we have to swap loot full shields from the floor or go to a recharging station. (Really please don't do this)

Hope the devs will revert them back to normal before the dlc. Cant imagine many people liking the new system.

Etaew
11-27-2013, 09:03 AM
The minor and major arkfall window icons on the map need to be different sizes imo.

hardy83
11-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Kind of dumb you can't copy your characters to the PTR. I don't really want to level a new character just to access the changes, such as the new daily system.

Etaew
11-27-2013, 09:25 AM
What is this dot above this guys head? No-one else we saw had it.

http://www.defiancedata.com/images/uploads/915.png

Bonehead
11-27-2013, 09:42 AM
What is this dot above this guys head? No-one else we saw had it.

http://www.defiancedata.com/images/uploads/915.png

So that's what you guys were talking about.
I didn't see that on any other player.

Dar Katan
11-27-2013, 09:45 AM
A question for the PTR People.

Are there different rarities on stims? And do they drop like Grenades now?

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 09:49 AM

Only ones iv ever found are green. And yes they drop like grenades and weapons.

Etaew
11-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Also seen blue and red dots on people.

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 10:12 AM

Boneheads is blue. But thats the only one iv ever seen.

Dar Katan
11-27-2013, 10:13 AM

Ya I noticed that, watching a live stream of the PTR right now - http://www.twitch.tv/sallyna79 (shhhhhhhhh)

Etaew
11-27-2013, 10:14 AM
Boneheads is blue. But thats the only one iv ever seen.
True, then I meant purple.

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Dlc 2 alpha patch notes are up;

Defiance ALPHA (PLC) blah blah

Nov 26 2013

Have fun playing Arkbreaker!

Is that it? Nothing about what we can and can't do?

Etaew
11-27-2013, 10:40 AM
http://www.defiancedata.com/images/uploads/916.png
http://www.defiancedata.com/images/uploads/917.png

Shame I missed the red and the green one.

dahanese
11-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Dlc 2 alpha patch notes are up;

Defiance ALPHA (PLC) blah blah

Nov 26 2013

Have fun playing Arkbreaker!

Is that it? Nothing about what we can and can't do?

I'm getting patch notes for you guys!

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm getting patch notes for you guys!

Thanks. Are we able to get arkspikes?

Umfafa
11-27-2013, 10:51 AM
Initial thoughts:

Chat still isn't working!

Grenades don't show anywhere in the UI so you can't tell what you're using or how many of them you have. (Nevermind, found the icon but it's tiny and hard to see).

Grenades, overall.....? Don't do it. This plan sucks.

Stims? Ok I guess...but I haven't seen them all yet.

Etaew
11-27-2013, 10:51 AM
Also, did a Volge siege with maybe 10-20 guys. Everyone rendered properly was nice.

Umfafa
11-27-2013, 11:00 AM
Oh, and the memory leak if that's what is causing it....Still there!

After a while, the pointer in the map turns to a hand with a black background. Still.

Gotta log out and back in for it to go to the arrow.

Arsenic_Touch
11-27-2013, 11:14 AM
Also, did a Volge siege with maybe 10-20 guys. Everyone rendered properly was nice.

So they finally activated the quest line?

I'm looking but still not seeing anything. How were you able to participate without an ark spike?
Oh, you said volge siege not arkfall. Guess they're still not activated yet?
Okay! disregard this post, I just woke up. Still kind of groggy.

Nefarious
11-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Ya I noticed that, watching a live stream of the PTR right now - http://www.twitch.tv/sallyna79 (shhhhhhhhh)

Im watching this and the Mutants sound like German Nazis.

Arsenic_Touch
11-27-2013, 11:21 AM

You can buy green from the vendor, I've found blue ones as vendor specials. I do not know if they're more effective.

LITTLE B1RD
11-27-2013, 11:26 AM
About the overhead dots:

Maybe they are indicating that the player has a mic on and dot color corresponds to chat channel.

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 11:30 AM
Now wearing volge engineer outfit.

Bonehead
11-27-2013, 11:32 AM
The servers SUCK right now
Three or four disconnects in a row.

Arsenic_Touch
11-27-2013, 11:35 AM
Okay, looks like they activated it. Got the volge engineer outfit now. Found the quests as well.

Dar Katan
11-27-2013, 11:46 AM
If I have a few critiques from seeing the DL2 posts it has to be this:

- The new Grenade, Spike, Stim, Weapon icons on the bottom left are not well designed. Angled boxes are not nice to look at, and why was the grenade icon placed within the weapon box?
- The numbers over the spikes and stim icons make it difficult to see the icon. Look at the spike icon, its useless and cluttered. The bind key icons are not that useful. They are useful for the first hour of gameplay and then they become useless clutter. It would be better to have an option to turn these icons on/off.

http://i.imgur.com/kgbZ25J.png

Here is a rough of what would even be better:

http://i.imgur.com/dzO67Tv.png

- The vehicle text "Spawn Vehicle" is language that they have said they should not use. This is developer language, not game language.

Here are a few things I like:

- Clans look great now. Progression and something to shoot for.
- Calling down Arkfall's will add a new dynamic to chasing around key codes & loot.
- Updated inventory, going in the right direction, still has a long way to go.
- Contracts, much improved and useful.
- Contracts have daily and weekly prizes, I like this incentive.

Look forward to playing on Xbox on the 10th.

Arsenic_Touch
11-27-2013, 12:16 PM
So it looks like those of us that claimed our daily/weekly reward when the client went live, when they advertised the DLC was live, get screwed out of an ark spike battery. Because some people in zone chat said they received their's from the reward. That's great and all but what about us that actually started before you bumbled this launch?

Umfafa
11-27-2013, 12:33 PM
....and there's more recycled content. Conflict zones? The one I went to was the same as it's always been, except now there's a blue dot over it sometimes. Take over the mine. Meh.

I also see no arkspikes.

Arsenic_Touch
11-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Keep getting kicked/dc'd, then thrown into a queue.

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Keep getting kicked/dc'd, then thrown into a queue.

I really hope it doesn't happen in a ark

Arsenic_Touch
11-27-2013, 12:38 PM
And kicked again. Come on Trion, get your act together. There's maybe 5 of us on there, there shouldn't be a queue or an issue with this.

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 12:38 PM
This is getting worse and unplayable.

Bonehead
11-27-2013, 12:39 PM
I have never seen it so bad as far as disconnects go. Pretty near unplayable right now AND...
The DLC content seems to be broken just like last time.
The acct I got the season pass content last time has it this time,and the accts I didn't get it last time don't have it this time.
Well done trion, well done

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 12:42 PM
The stim mission is also bugged. And as I was writing this I just got kicked

AGAIN!!!!!

Etaew
11-27-2013, 12:44 PM
This is why it is Alpha, finding stuff they can fix that they didn't (hopefully) spot in internal tests. Hoping for a fix, back to other work for now :)

twitch reflex
11-27-2013, 12:45 PM
Initial thoughts:

Chat still isn't working!

Grenades don't show anywhere in the UI so you can't tell what you're using or how many of them you have. (Nevermind, found the icon but it's tiny and hard to see).

Grenades, overall.....? Don't do it. This plan sucks.

Stims? Ok I guess...but I haven't seen them all yet.

I agree with the grenades. Nobody asked for the grenade changes and nobody wants the grenade changes. Trion dont do it.

dahanese
11-27-2013, 12:45 PM
So it looks like those of us that claimed our daily/weekly reward when the client went live, when they advertised the DLC was live, get screwed out of an ark spike battery. Because some people in zone chat said they received their's from the reward. That's great and all but what about us that actually started before you bumbled this launch?

Arsenic, with all due respect: It's a test server. We're testing. This isn't a launch.

Arsenic_Touch
11-27-2013, 12:46 PM
The stim mission is also bugged. And as I was writing this I just got kicked

AGAIN!!!!!

Sell your healing stim to the vendor and abandon the quest. Then do the quest again, pick up the healing stim from the box and equip it. Then use it when you're low on health and shields. Should work that time around.

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 12:49 PM
[QUOTE=dahanese;1333343]Arsenic, with all due respect: It's a test server. We're testing.

if it doesn't work we cant test it.

dahanese
11-27-2013, 12:50 PM
New daily rewards will be coming at you guys in just about 10 minutes. As for crashes: we're working on 'em.

Arsenic_Touch
Arsenic, with all due respect: It's a test server. We're testing. This isn't a launch.

Nice attitude.

Infinity Eagle
Just got kicked out again, guess it is server problems. Can`t be too many people have not seen many people.

dahanese
11-27-2013, 12:51 PM
With all due respect if it doesn't work we cant test it.

Finding what doesn't work is the most base part of testing!

The team's on it - and keep it coming.

Bonehead
11-27-2013, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE=dahanese;1333343]Arsenic, with all due respect: It's a test server. We're testing.

if it doesn't work we cant test it.

No dude,Were testing it and it's not working.
Game fail, test success!

Etaew
11-27-2013, 12:52 PM
New daily rewards will be coming at you guys in just about 10 minutes.
Could you make my life easier and list the daily and weekly rewards for normal / dlc owners? pwease :)

Last daily claim I received 2x stuff and got confused.

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 01:00 PM
Sell your healing stim to the vendor and abandon the quest. Then do the quest again, pick up the healing stim from the box and equip it. Then use it when you're low on health and shields. Should work that time around.

Thanks its now working.

twitch reflex
11-27-2013, 01:01 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/twitchreflex8

Im streaming if anyone is interested i dont have multiple monitors so i cant see the twitch chat.

Etaew
11-27-2013, 01:04 PM
So I've noticed there are posts in the alpha server forum, honestly I only read General lately. Must post there later.

http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?83-Defiance-Alpha-Test-Server link for the rest of you

Arsenic_Touch
11-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Whoever is playing, stop doing the quest Completing Combat Tech part 2, you're crashing the server.

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Every time I complete 2nd spike mission I get kicked and when I log back in mission isn't completed.

That must be me. Arsenic.

Sorry guys.

dahanese
11-27-2013, 01:14 PM
We're aiming to push a fix for this by tonight (guys are working on it now) - in the meantime, please steer clear of "Combat Tech" and everyone on the server should be okay. That's what is causing the problem!

dahanese
11-27-2013, 01:15 PM
Whoever is playing, stop doing the quest Completing Combat Tech part 2, you're crashing the server.

^^ What he said!

Umfafa
11-27-2013, 01:20 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/twitchreflex8

Im streaming if anyone is interested i dont have multiple monitors so i cant see the twitch chat.

LOL Twitch...what are you wearing? Looks like you have a Volge codpiece on your head.

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 01:21 PM
Wasn't me that time. We just getting kicked anyway I think.

CRIXDA
11-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Geez,
Call me overly-diplomatic, but if I signed up to be an Alpha server TESTER and was helping to TEST the new DLC, I would be expecting things to be jacked up and try to point them out in the most constructive way possible. Maybe that's just me though.
Sarcasm and a catty attutide seems extremely underwhelming, especially when folks are coming into this thread to find out how things are going and only finding caustic comments and complaints.
I hate that I am not on PC during the TEST because I might be able to give the Development Team something that they could use to fix the issues rather than a steady stream of gripes presented in an extra-negative and unhelpful manner.
I give all due respect to You guys, totally - each of You deserve it. I don't mean to stomp on anyone's toes because You are helping to shape the product that WE WILL GET ON DECEMBER TENTH.
I will apologise beforehand, but like I have read so many times before on these forums: "if Your feelings are hurt by what I said, then You are probably are in the wrong."
Thanks for testing Arkbreaker for all of Us, guys.

twitch reflex
11-27-2013, 01:40 PM
LOL Twitch...what are you wearing? Looks like you have a Volge codpiece on your head.

The new engineer volge outfit

Morgana
11-27-2013, 02:14 PM
Hey guys,

We're targeting 2:30 PM PST for the update that will stop "Combat Tech" from causing crashes. The Alpha Test server will come down then!

Bonehead
11-27-2013, 02:20 PM
Hey guys,

We're targeting 2:30 PM PST for the update that will stop "Combat Tech" from causing crashes. The Alpha Test server will come down then!

Cool, thanks.

Beck
11-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Public Test Realm - PTR NOT Alpha. Let's not call this alpha with 10 days to go.

Also, and this has been stated by Trion in the past. It takes about 2 weeks for PSN/XBOX to test the Patch. DLC 1 was delayed an entire month because of Xbox - Stated by Sledgehammer70 at the time. With this information I am going to be honest and say that the DLC will be suffering from many of these issues and/or will be patched in addition to the DLC.

I am in with Arsenic_Touch, this seems like a lot of issues so close to launch. When we talk with Trick on the 4th, live on K-TAM, We will see where they are at fixing these issues. Hope you all tune in and join in the conversation with Trick on our Mumble and via Twitter.

Umfafa
11-27-2013, 02:34 PM
Not one to be shy about offering criticisms....but I'm not one to ignore something neat either.

I do like the warmaster. Think there were 12 of us in there and we didn't get him down much past half health. Challenge, good. Still....no grenade changes without a gift of a dozen inventory slots to carry all the varieties.

Some bad with the good, there were no chat options available while inside the major arkfall.

Arsenic_Touch
11-27-2013, 02:34 PM
All right, whoever is doing it, please stop trying to complete the broken quest combat tech part 2. You're crashing the server over and over.

edit: All right, one of you little sods is doing this on purpose. Knock it off.

Tekrunner
11-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I was half-expecting to kill the warmaster with 12 low EGO people using mostly random guns, but we only got him down to 50%, and people were dying left and right. That guy won't be too much of a problem for a full party of well-equipped ark hunters, but still, he seems like a decent challenge.

Elastik Spastik
11-27-2013, 03:14 PM
Yeah, I was half-expecting to kill the warmaster with 12 low EGO people using mostly random guns, but we only got him down to 50%, and people were dying left and right. That guy won't be too much of a problem for a full party of well-equipped ark hunters, but still, he seems like a decent challenge.

Im hoping his difficulty will be adjusted to number of players. But was fun.

Umfafa
11-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Still not entirely fond of the new grenade system. From what I see you get one of each type (bio, fire, etc etc). Those are saved by their rarity I guess?

So I had a blue bio grenade that was empty. I picked up a purple bio, and it replaced my blue. Later on, picking up white/green/blue bio grenades refilled my purple one. I'd imagine your and my oranges are safe and can be refilled by any rarity of that same type.

So not so bad, but I do see a huge oversight in this system. (Edit: 2)

It's going to promote grenade spam. Can't pick up more than 5 of one type. So if you're already full up, no reason not to spam the 5 in the box and pick up the drop. Bio carpet bomb spam.

Also, if you're used to having those grenade drops you don't need as a source of scrip or salvage...that's gone.

dahanese
11-27-2013, 04:23 PM
Public Test Realm - PTR NOT Alpha. Let's not call this alpha with 10 days to go.

Also, and this has been stated by Trion in the past. It takes about 2 weeks for PSN/XBOX to test the Patch. DLC 1 was delayed an entire month because of Xbox - Stated by Sledgehammer70 at the time. With this information I am going to be honest and say that the DLC will be suffering from many of these issues and/or will be patched in addition to the DLC.

I am in with Arsenic_Touch, this seems like a lot of issues so close to launch. When we talk with Trick on the 4th, live on K-TAM, We will see where they are at fixing these issues. Hope you all tune in and join in the conversation with Trick on our Mumble and via Twitter.

Alpha's definitely a misnomer (internal name - we called it PTS/PTR just because that gets confusing!) That being said, we do a lot server-side, so we can change quite a bit without sending to MS/Sony.

I'm also looking forward to the conversation on the 4th - Trick and I are excited to be back on with you guys. :D

Final note: PTS is back online!

williamarmistace
11-27-2013, 05:26 PM
Alpha's definitely a misnomer (internal name - we called it PTS/PTR just because that gets confusing!) That being said, we do a lot server-side, so we can change quite a bit without sending to MS/Sony.

I'm also looking forward to the conversation on the 4th - Trick and I are excited to be back on with you guys. :D

Final note: PTS is back online!

I understand that the PTS is not the final DLC2 product, so hopefully a lot of the game crashing bugs can be addressed by then. Seems as though you fixed one of the big ones already. But do you and the dev team feel confident you'll be able to launch the new DLC without the major server problems that occurred during the DLC1 launch?

I like when new things come to the game, but from past experience I developed the attitude that, if its new, its probably broke.

JxSiN
11-27-2013, 05:58 PM
So I am playing a little again after a much needed long hiatus and was wondering how grenadier shields work with the new grenade system? If anyone can help, much obliged.

DanteYoda
11-27-2013, 06:06 PM
Still not entirely fond of the new grenade system. From what I see you get one of each type (bio, fire, etc etc). Those are saved by their rarity I guess?

So I had a blue bio grenade that was empty. I picked up a purple bio, and it replaced my blue. Later on, picking up white/green/blue bio grenades refilled my purple one. I'd imagine your and my oranges are safe and can be refilled by any rarity of that same type.

So not so bad, but I do see a huge oversight in this system. (Edit: 2)

It's going to promote grenade spam. Can't pick up more than 5 of one type. So if you're already full up, no reason not to spam the 5 in the box and pick up the drop. Bio carpet bomb spam.

Also, if you're used to having those grenade drops you don't need as a source of scrip or salvage...that's gone.

No offense but the grenades now sound horrible, why were they changed they were great as they are? now we cannot even make a little script off them anymore, at low levels money is painful as..

Still no chat fixes but they fix something uneeded, seem insane.. grenades spam now awesome....

hardy83
11-27-2013, 07:03 PM
Whoever did the VO for the Dark Matter in the quest chain to get an arc spike, they sure know how to ham it up.
It kind of sounded like captaincursor but whoever it was, it sure was ham to the max.

Umfafa
11-27-2013, 08:16 PM
I LOVE ham

It's like bacon, but not quite.

Umfafa
11-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Ok. Trion. We don't like each other.

But this was fun. You got my 10 bucks.

Just fix the ****ing chat!

hardy83
11-28-2013, 06:37 AM
Ok. Trion. We don't like each other.

But this was fun. You got my 10 bucks.

Just fix the ****ing chat!

In terms of the UI, I'm find with the changes, and yes chat definitely needs to be fixed.
I don't know why it just can't be a chat window like other MMOs where it's permanently up. At least for the PC version.

However, there's one thing that bothers me.
There is no longer a viewable icon for your vehicle. So if it gets destroyed, you have no idea when it'll be up again. it's kind of annoying.

OH! And there doesn't seem to be a way to view the gun models now. Maybe it's hidden, but there's no longer an easily clickable "view" options in your inventory.
You can see the models being sold at vendors, but in terms of what you own, you seem out of luck.

twitch reflex
11-28-2013, 06:53 AM
The most requested thing in this game had not been fixed (chat). Trion why are u wasting time on grenades and ignoring everyone one. Nobody wants grenades changed everyones wants chat changed.

Elastik Spastik
11-28-2013, 07:13 AM
The most requested thing in this game had not been fixed (chat). Trion why are u wasting time on grenades and ignoring everyone one. Nobody wants grenades changed everyones wants chat changed.

Chat is getting fixed as we speak. It just might not be done by dlc 2. But at least its getting done. I love the new dark UI but I wish the quick menu was still a quick menu and not a fullscreen menu like chat. And yeah the new grenade system sucks. But we may have to get used to it.

Bonehead
11-28-2013, 08:30 AM
Whoever did the VO for the Dark Matter in the quest chain to get an arc spike, they sure know how to ham it up.
It kind of sounded like captaincursor but whoever it was, it sure was ham to the max.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, haaaaaaam.

DanteYoda
11-29-2013, 12:31 AM
I agree with what you guys have said, even the ham.

Arsenic_Touch
11-29-2013, 12:35 AM
Chat is getting fixed as we speak. It just might not be done by dlc 2. But at least its getting done. I love the new dark UI but I wish the quick menu was still a quick menu and not a fullscreen menu like chat. And yeah the new grenade system sucks. But we may have to get used to it.

Getting fixed as we speak? do you know how many times they've said that? x.x

Elastik Spastik
11-29-2013, 03:41 AM
Getting fixed as we speak? do you know how many times they've said that? x.x
Yeah that is true.

Umfafa
12-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Got a possible bug report.

Weapon with one mod attached, in my case an infector with a stock.

Went to add mod slots. Waited until it was finished.

Weapon popped up with 2 slots open and no mods.

Tried again. Added another stock. Added slot.

3 slots open, with one stock installed.

It seems that adding slots to a weapon will sometimes destroy any mods already installed. Another person reported they saw this tonite too.....so it ain't just me.

Vega
12-03-2013, 03:14 PM