PDA

View Full Version : What to do once finished tutorial? (newbie)

Coldini
04-02-2013, 09:28 AM
So i blew up the reactor thing in the tutorial and got put into the public instances, I wandered around a bit, shot lots of enemies, figured out the shotgun was way better than the sniper rifle so far. Took a while to get the store to work so I could claim my free items (had to relog several times). I cant get any of my vehicles to move yet, but seems to be just me since plenty of people driving around (it spawns and i get in but cant move)

The question is well, what is there to do? There was some time trial POI on map so I kinda just wandered around shooting stuff for a bit fallout style but starting to get bored already (also what is with nameplate visability being so hidden?)

I feel like I have missed a key bit of info for accessing the meat of the game? Also what is with the key binding for menus? F6=esc menu etc it isnt a menu so much as a window where the logout option is fairly hidden.

Oxycotin
04-02-2013, 09:29 AM
Press M and do the missions. ( Main, Chapter or Branch ).

Halcyon
04-02-2013, 09:30 AM
You are probably getting into the passenger side of vehicles. Also, open your map and look for the big exclamation point. That is where your quest line is. When you got out of the tutorial and jumped the wall there was a mission pickup right there. Doing that would take you to your first main hub and get you started.

Monkerlotus
04-02-2013, 09:34 AM
The passenger side of vehicles is going to be my official nemesis in this game lol... and like Halcyon said, just follow the minimap/full map, or just explore the world, many people have been doing that.

Coldini
04-02-2013, 09:50 AM
ah thanks guys, will try again later tonight.

WRT vehicles - there was zero indication I was in a passenger seat (just says enter vehicle - press E) or that the vehicle even had passenger seats lol. I was scouring the UI controls (once i found the options menu was f6 and not esc) to figure out if the handbrake was on or something.

Some context there would be nice like Enter Passenger Seat or something

Thanks for tip on missions, missed that stuff, I walked over to the supply area, looked at the supply thing after you spawn in trying to look for my free items, but my mission objectives never seemed to popup whilst I was trying to figure out how to claim my free items and googling that I had to open the store which didnt seem to work for me.

Then I tried to spawn a vehicle, practiced with the weapons and figured out how fast travel works. (maps needs some hints that you should double click)

General UI annoyance

Chat UI

It is very hard to browse chat, why doesnt it autofade etc instead of always being hidden unless you have it active like current? Hard to just listen in on chat.

Nameplates UI

Nameplates are too small and fade too fast (only on mouseover) - would like them bigger and stay on longer (perhaps nameplates always visible option?), perhaps extend range to cone around camera direction, will help see that there are other people in the world.