PDA

View Full Version : Major Arkbreak

Nilxain
11-27-2013, 06:21 PM
Has anyone tried one of these yet? Are they active? If so... LEZ DU EET!!!!
(I'm at one now - Malice - toss me an invite and port to me if you're down - I have 1 battery)

Nilxain
11-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Have 6 peeps and 3 batteries - need more.

Nilxain
11-27-2013, 06:49 PM
last call, going

Nilxain
11-27-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm at another one now if peeps wanna go again.

Nilxain
11-27-2013, 07:04 PM
need 2 more batteries

Nilxain
11-27-2013, 07:10 PM
need 1 more battery

Nilxain
11-27-2013, 07:39 PM
Fight basics that I've seen so far:

He has a few spots (3 maybe: back and arms) where he has a crystal armor. As it breaks off it's armor it exposes a crit spot below.
Shooting the arm that he hangs by, when he goes up on the re-charge station, gets him down faster.
When he tosses out his bombs it targets people. To avoid them and avoid getting hit by other peoples bombs, wait until the bomb is about 50 - 75% of the way to you, then dodge out in a safe direction.
There are several ammo spots in the room so refilling ammo only has to be timed with the roll and the bombs (unless he has fixated on you).
He seems to fixate on a target for a few seconds, you just need to run away until he switches targets.
Try to stay on his sides at all times (or behind), because he does a roll that goes for about 1/2 of the room and hurts. It can be avoided by watching where he's facing and trying to be in a good place to dodge away from a potential roll. (I think he has a tell, but I just reacted instinctively and not consciously, so I can't say what it is atm.)
It's a timed fight, but there's no enrage - he just curls up in a ball and blinks away.

Additional notes:
While I can see the damage being easily avoided after one or two attempts, to learn the fight, I could see "turn the Tides," "self Medicated," and all of the Mitigation perks being valuable in the fight. However, it may be at great cost to DPS, and this fight is no doubt a DPS race.

I brought a BMG both times, but TBH I think it did more harm than good. Currently it is my opinion that this fight will be best done in a Max DPS setup and good player awareness instead of mitigation perks and weapons.