PDA

View Full Version : What is Trion Thankful For this Thanksgiving?!

Rock Lobsta
11-28-2013, 08:19 AM
In Light of this Holiday, lets think up of some things that Trion Worlds has to be Thankful for!

MaxSterling
11-28-2013, 09:04 AM
*Obvious Answer... People still play the game.

ironcladtrash
11-28-2013, 09:05 AM
Employment.

Whippersnapper
11-28-2013, 09:09 AM
*Obvious Answer... People still play the game.
ditto :)
Also, I'm sure they're happy they're happy to contribute to society in a meaningful way and employ the number of employees that they do. When you employ a fairly large number of folks you are somewhat responsible for them. You have to do your best to create good products so your employees can care for their families.

Rock Lobsta
11-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Im sorry...was that sarcasm???

Z0mb1E
11-28-2013, 11:51 AM
They sure don't seem to be thanking anyone with any holiday -- weekend buffs...........

Overtkill21
11-28-2013, 12:03 PM
I honestly figured they'd do something for this holiday weekend. I figured wrong.

skepticck
11-28-2013, 12:14 PM
I honestly figured they'd do something for this holiday weekend. I figured wrong.

When will people finally understand that they don't have any attachment to Defiance, RIFT is their baby, that's what they play, that's what they are invested in. Defiance is just a job where they are required to do the strict minimum and that is exactly what they do.

dahanese
11-28-2013, 01:42 PM
When will people finally understand that they don't have any attachment to Defiance, RIFT is their baby, that's what they play, that's what they are invested in. Defiance is just a job where they are required to do the strict minimum and that is exactly what they do.

Your name is quite fitting for your post style. ;-) Strict minimum is definitely not true (although I don't post here on nights, weekends, and holidays because I need to do more - it's because I want to.)

I'm thankful for the thoughtful feedback we get from you guys, the kind words I get from fans when we do stuff you like, for Death Marches, Defiance Data's amazing analyses and transcripts, and people who will help me take down the Volge without getting my butt handed to me.

hey u
11-28-2013, 02:15 PM
When I logged on Defiance and ran around I was hoping I would see some turkeys running around but so far I have not:(

Well in Bug 'n' chug I found a turkey in a cage on the ground. Now that I found one I can go play the game.:)

skepticck
11-28-2013, 02:46 PM
Your name is quite fitting for your post style. ;-) Strict minimum is definitely not true (although I don't post here on nights, weekends, and holidays because I need to do more - it's because I want to.)

I'm thankful for the thoughtful feedback we get from you guys, the kind words I get from fans when we do stuff you like, for Death Marches, Defiance Data's amazing analyses and transcripts, and people who will help me take down the Volge without getting my butt handed to me.

Just to clarify, the "strict minimum" bit was not directed at your work or at the communication between Trion and the players; while that might have been true at the beginning, it did improve a lot; it was directed at pretty much everything else, minimum content, minimum updates, minimum bug fixes, minimum DLC content, no events, minimum features, pretty much every standard MMO feature is missing, UI was barely working at release and is just now (8 months later) getting a few minimal updates, chat for crying out loud, after 5 years and 8 months it's still not ready and you (Trion) have one person working on it AND UI updates, ONE person, doesn't that scream strict minimum to anyone else.

About comparing the level of involvement in Defiance vs Rift, i was not criticizing i was just stating the obvious, you just have to watch the livestreams to see that Rift is where the heart lies and again i'm not criticizing, i understand it, Rift was developed and is maintained with "heart" and for that reason is superior in every aspect from content, features, updates, bug fixes not to mention lots of events, remind me again what events we have in defiance? oh yea the occasional boosts weekend, right.

So i should probably have been more clear about what aspects i was talking about but yes "strict minimum" is exactly what i meant.

EDIT: Written words can be interpreted in different ways and English is not my main language so to be extra clear i want to say that i am not attacking anyone's work, i don't know why things are how they are, maybe everyone involved is doing their best, maybe they are just not provided with the necessary resources by Trion, maybe... maybe... maybe... i don't know.
What i say is just what i observe, what it seems to me.

Narq
12-08-2013, 04:06 PM
In Light of this Holiday, lets think up of some things that Trion Worlds has to be Thankful for!
Compulsive gamblers who repeatedly buy their empty lockboxes.

Seth Winternight
12-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Well in Bug 'n' chug I found a turkey in a cage on the ground. Now that I found one I can go play the game.:)

Made my day xD