PDA

View Full Version : Bug - Arkfall spawning on top of emergencies. Fun times. - Arkbreaker DLC 2

Arsenic_Touch
11-28-2013, 11:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cFAy61P.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1F7X4SP.jpg

While enjoyable. The hud can't handle it, the timer kept bugging out and as you can see it combined the arkfall with the emergency. Also, I recall that they made it so this couldn't happen anymore, so I guess this is classified as a bug.

TrickDempsey
12-02-2013, 01:51 PM
That's a fun one. Have you seen it in other locations than the one pictured? Have you seen it with other emergencies/arkfalls?

I can check the data for instances of events and locations that are marked to not be suppressed, but some more information would help track down how widespread this is.

Red Mephisto
12-02-2013, 01:55 PM
I use to LOOOVE when that happened...so crazy and fun

Arsenic_Touch
12-02-2013, 01:59 PM
That's a fun one. Have you seen it in other locations than the one pictured? Have you seen it with other emergencies/arkfalls?

I can check the data for instances of events and locations that are marked to not be suppressed, but some more information would help track down how widespread this is.

Only one I noticed, but I'll hop back on and start doing some emergencies to see if they double up again.

Just to note, I don't mind doubling up emergencies and arkfalls, but the emergency couldn't be completed because the chrysalis spawned inside of the stump.

TrickDempsey
12-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Yeah. That's why we had to do the suppression system. Too many odd edge cases made either the emergency or the arkfall impossible to complete.

There is also an issue with loading the assets for both. It's a pain. I love when two layers of dynamic content fight with each other, but there were just too many permutations to keep it stable while they could. We've been kicking around a systemic way to make arkfalls and emergencies play nice so we can get that dynamism back.

I'll look into this issue, and hopefully we'll be able to talk about dynamic content later. Presently we're on a bigger story focus.

Arsenic_Touch
12-02-2013, 02:40 PM
I'll look into this issue, and hopefully we'll be able to talk about dynamic content later. Presently we're on a bigger story focus.

Good. I was impressed that you guys managed to press out more story content with this DLC then you did with the previous one. Especially after you went on record saying that this storyline for DLC 2 was short (was a lot longer than the previous one, haha)

Also, sending you a pm so you can address some comments you made about grenades.

Tekrunner
12-02-2013, 11:53 PM
Is this linked to the increased spawn rate for minor arkfalls? There is always a lot of them on the test server, like 7 or 8 at all times, when there's only less than half that on live. Sometimes two minor arkfalls spawn so close to each other that you can actually see both at the same time.

I don't mind the increased rate. However, I really wish we had a way to easily tell arkfalls and arkbreaks (once they have been called down) apart. Right if I want to see if anyone has started an arkbreak, I have to hover over all the arkfall icons on the map. Making the icon for arkbreaks a different color would be an easy fix, though I'm sure color-blind people would be disappointed.