PDA

View Full Version : Nano Fraggers officially the most OP weapon?

tD Showdown
11-30-2013, 12:59 AM
I know ive at least noticed it, and the guys I play with. But it seems I could be at mid range and be one shot by a nano fragger, regardless if someone is cloak. Its a bit frustrating to me, as well as others, especially when paired with permacloak. No naming and shaming please, this is not to down anyone, its literally a thread on opinions on this specific weapon. The way I see it now, Nano Fragger > every weapon

TAG
11-30-2013, 02:33 AM
Agreed sawed off shotty has me not playing pvp as much anymore.

twitch reflex
11-30-2013, 04:23 AM
All OHK weapons and frag grenades received a buff indirectly because of the damage reduction change. I was PvP'ing earlier and I was able to OHK several people using a surge bolter with charged body shots and non charged headshots. The damage stacking change messed up a lot of the balancing. Weapons that require you to aim down sights like the FRC Saw also became less usefull since you can't stack crouch with other defensive perks. Cloak also became more OP than it already was. I think the new OP weapon is surge bolter because of fall off damage. I didn't think they were OP before but now that you can get one hit kills without charging it, I think it is. You can't get OHK body shots with a bolt action but you can with the surge bolter. I don't think they should nerf the weapons just change the damage reduction nerf back to how it was.

TAG
11-30-2013, 05:35 AM
All OHK weapons and frag grenades received a buff indirectly because of the damage reduction change. I was PvP'ing earlier and I was able to OHK several people using a surge bolter with charged body shots and non charged headshots. The damage stacking change messed up a lot of the balancing. Weapons that require you to aim down sights like the FRC Saw also became less usefull since you can't stack crouch with other defensive perks. Cloak also became more OP than it already was. I think the new OP weapon is surge bolter because of fall off damage. I didn't think they were OP before but now that you can get one hit kills without charging it, I think it is. You can't get OHK body shots with a bolt action but you can with the surge bolter. I don't think they should nerf the weapons just change the damage reduction nerf back to how it was.

Surge Bolter is 2 shot kill

twitch reflex
11-30-2013, 05:40 AM
Since the update I've been getting killed and I have killed with a single non charged head shot and a single charged body shot. I defended the surge bolter even though I dont regurlaly use one. http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?136896-dlc-makes-defiance-the-worst-pvp-game But now it is OP. The things that made it balanced are no longer present. You no longer need to charge it to get a OHK and can get a single charged bodyshot kill.

Milkandcookies
11-30-2013, 06:30 AM
From the fourth day I started playing pvp, I already noticed that the nano fragger was going to be op. People back in the day like Cynitix kept using the nano fragger to dominate pvp. Although the strongest nano fragger user in Xbox NA, Cynitix, did leave, there are still some very powerful nano fragger users out there.

Basically the ratio of surviving a nano fragger at the moment would be 1:8 chance unless your enemy just sucks at aiming with it.

ironcladtrash
11-30-2013, 09:33 AM
If the nano fragger didn't one shot it would be useless. It has one shot and reloads to slow. Normally you have to get in super close to kill some one which is how shotguns should work. Normal sniper rifles should also be able to on shot because they require a lot of skill to headshot.

Having said that the nano fragger should not be useful at mid range. I thought the surge bolter to be completely overpowered before the change. It takes no skill to aim and I could constantly one shot people before the change, occasionally 2 shot, but so what it's easy to aim and I don't have to leave scope view. Combined with cloak amplifies their effectiveness.

Jellobiafra
11-30-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm getting one shot killed a lot more since the last patch. I don't really give a crap what my ratio is anyway. PvP for me is fun just by jumping in the middle of one of the teams that play, have 4 or 5 people shooting at me, and getting in at least 1, sometimes 2 kills before I'm down. Even one kill with 5 against 1 is a victory. I also don't cap point camp like so many others who do have a good k/d ratio. I'm always running to attack an enemy held cap point.

The only thing annoyingly overpowered is the t-bagging...some are really, really good at that...if nothing else ;-)

TAG
11-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Sawed off with ego on reload, pumped up, cloak and speed boost ruined pvp for assault rifle users.

tD Showdown
11-30-2013, 12:33 PM
The only thing annoyingly overpowered is the t-bagging...some are really, really good at that...if nothing else ;-)

hahaha I know who this is. Anyways guys, I do understand that sawed offs are definitely meant for one shot UP CLOSE. This obviously makes sense. But when theyre about lets say 10-15 meters away from me and im moving and shooting my tachmag, it seems a bit odd that every nano fragger user can one shot me lol. Generally my deaths go like this: "Boomer, canker, gang bang cluster ***, 1 shot shotty." Now a days, its mainly like this: "Cloak nano fragger." I mean I honestly would rather right a boomer user that's uncloaked lol I guess its the fact of combining the infinite cloak and nano fragger is what annoys me the most. But the whole mid range thing is a big issue that needs to be addressed

Nefarious
11-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Its good to see ppl are finally coming to their senses when it comes to this crap. All this stuff doesn't seem so balanced when you are not using them yourself huh? Get to finally see how truly overpowered these things are compared to everything else and the stunts that can be pulled with them.

You guys are finally preaching about stuff Ive been saying for months. And since then all this time everyone would gang up and try and tell me I was in the wrong. Refuting all logic of balance issues of such concepts described in this thread. Despising me for pointing it all out. And defending these unbalanced things.

Don't worry, I forgive you all for you did not know or fully understand the sins you committed.

Milkandcookies
11-30-2013, 06:14 PM
Its good to see ppl are finally coming to their senses when it comes to this crap. All this stuff doesn't seem so balanced when you are not using them yourself huh? Get to finally see how truly overpowered these things are compared to everything else and the stunts that can be pulled with them.

You guys are finally preaching about stuff Ive been saying for months. And since then all this time everyone would gang up and try and tell me I was in the wrong. Refuting all logic of balance issues of such concepts described in this thread. Despising me for pointing it all out. And defending these unbalanced things.

Don't worry, I forgive you all for you did not know or fully understand the sins you commented.
You always give everyone a lol in their minds when you reply to some thread that talks about op weapons.

First of all, it's this patch (update) that I've heard of recently that changed these weapons like the surge bolter and nano fragger into true op weapons. These two weapons were never op in the past until this patch.

Secondly, of course most of us, here in the forums, still disapprove about what you said in the forums in the past about op weapons other than the infector and detonator. However, your still wrong about every other thing up to the point before this patch. What's the point of your comment anyway, a victory comment about how you finally won a battle in the pvp thread, your ratio of winning so far is like 1:25 buddy...

P.S. don't have to be a total [insert desired insult word here] on your last sentence and go on saying something religious, that's going a little too far with a pvp forum victory...

duction
11-30-2013, 06:47 PM
im loving this new patch, it rewards the more skilled players, the better shot you are the better it pans out for you, nano fraggers are not OP, they are slow reloading.

tD Showdown
11-30-2013, 07:04 PM
im loving this new patch, it rewards the more skilled players, the better shot you are the better it pans out for you, nano fraggers are not OP, they are slow reloading.

what about the .4 reload nano fraggers? xP

Nefarious
11-30-2013, 07:47 PM
You always give everyone a lol in their minds when you reply to some thread that talks about op weapons.

First of all, it's this patch (update) that I've heard of recently that changed these weapons like the surge bolter and nano fragger into true op weapons. These two weapons were never op in the past until this patch.

Secondly, of course most of us, here in the forums, still disapprove about what you said in the forums in the past about op weapons other than the infector and detonator. However, your still wrong about every other thing up to the point before this patch. What's the point of your comment anyway, a victory comment about how you finally won a battle in the pvp thread, your ratio of winning so far is like 1:25 buddy...

P.S. don't have to be a total [insert desired insult word here] on your last sentence and go on saying something religious, that's going a little too far with a pvp forum victory...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbej03cdA41rzbvsto1_250.gif

Surge Bolter was OPed before the patch. It still killed in 1 to 2 hits and the mechanics of what made it better then all the other snipers is what made it OPed, nothings changed with that. How about Cloak? Im wrong along with so many others about that being unbalanced? Ego recharging on single shot weapons? That's not a problem? These things are just as obvious as infectors and detonators. Ive been right about all these things. And it doesn't take a genius to recognize unbalanced or over powered things in the game but it takes a real kind of special person to defend them, and in many cases there are a lot of special ppl defending the over powered things. If these ppl weren't dillweeds then you wouldn't see my posts/threads.

And my whole comment wasn't about winning some thread battle, Im just happy ppl are coming to their senses. Finally recognizing things Ive been saying.

But if ppl are bothered by how things play out now then you better hope cloak really gets fixed. Or else on December 10th we are going to have invisible ppl running around with 0.5/0.0 det Frag Grenades that have 4000 DMG with a 2000 minimum. lol yeah an invisible person winging a rock at you that explodes on impact killing you in one hit. Pile that on top of your already invisible player using a Nano Fragger and Surge Bolter. Fun, fun, fun.

Supra Supremum
11-30-2013, 08:19 PM
I am fine with everything people use honestly. Come at me with the most "OP" weapon you want, with the most ridiculous rolls possible. I am ok with it, and I will not complain. Change with the times or get left in the dust.

GT - Darth Revan 76

tD Showdown
11-30-2013, 10:49 PM
[QUOTE=Nefarious;1335463]All this stuff doesn't seem so balanced when you are not using them yourself huh? Get to finally see how truly overpowered these things are compared to everything else and the stunts that can be pulled with them.QUOTE]

unlike you, I still do good regardless of what I use. I still adapted to other playing styles. You've used the same thing and still suck vs anything against you.

twitch reflex
11-30-2013, 11:24 PM

Don't worry, I forgive you all for you did not know or fully understand the sins you committed.

FYI I dont regularly use surge bolter and did not think they were OP before. Easy to use does not mean OP. A bolt action sniper even though it was harder to use was better before the damage reduction patch. There were things that made it balanced like having to charge to get a OHK and not being able to kill with a charged body shot. If there is a better weapon in this case it was bolt action snipers (even if its harder to use) than the surge bolter than its not OP. You were wrong about it then. However the bolt action no longer has its advantages which was not needing to charge it.

This is the way I saw weapon balance before the damage reduction change, detonators and infectors are easy to use but had less DPS than surge bolters or techmags wich takes more skill to use. Surge bolter easier to use than a bolt action but the bolt action had the advantage of no needing to be charged. That was balanced. However the damage reduction change combined with the weapon buffs created a lot of unbalance. It should be that if a weapon is harder to use or requires you to aim down sights it should do more damage.

As for cloak it has always been OP and that really is OP because there is no good counter or better ego power better than it. The only viable counters are to use cheap weapon ( meaning it does not require much skill, and a lot people don't want to use them because it defeats the purpose of not using cheap stuff) but they are not even good counters.

cutlogarithm725
12-01-2013, 04:09 AM
Agree with Duction's Post and as for Nano Fragger i use one
FULL. T4 MOD'S
ASSASIN TRIPPLE CRIT DOUBLE DMG
As for the mid range OHK i use the +11 falloff barrel u shud try it it works a charm i dnt even run cloak now

I dnt agree with cloak making u fully invisible and yes cloak need to be a shimmer like the Dark Matter Sniper
but the Shotguns are a OHK weapon.

Nerf cloak by all means it will help people see cloakers

And fix thickskinned then Shotguns will be harder to OHK

tD Showdown
12-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Agree with Duction's Post and as for Nano Fragger i use one
FULL. T4 MOD'S
ASSASIN TRIPPLE CRIT DOUBLE DMG
As for the mid range OHK i use the +11 falloff barrel u shud try it it works a charm i dnt even run cloak now

I dnt agree with cloak making u fully invisible and yes cloak need to be a shimmer like the Dark Matter Sniper
but the Shotguns are a OHK weapon.

Nerf cloak by all means it will help people see cloakers

And fix thickskinned then Shotguns will be harder to OHK

Exactly, this one shot shotty crap would have been as big as a problem if the perks stacked up. And yesterday I played a guy who still shield glitches. unfortunately it was only one match, the only way to kill him was head shot sniping him. so this perk patch literally didn't do anything..

Nefarious
12-03-2013, 06:32 PM
unlike you, I still do good regardless of what I use. I still adapted to other playing styles. You've used the same thing and still suck vs anything against you.

unlike you I never abused cloak or the dummy weapons for the sake of gaining easy kills to fool myself into thinking Im a 1337 MLG player. I always change it up and try new things. And considering I was never a try hard with cloak or stacking all the DMG resistance perks when they could and still come in 1st place every now and then made it all more the sweeter.

And funny enough your sig states PvP rewards cowards when you are one of the biggest cloak abusers ever. You are pretty much talking about yourself and all the guys you group up with. Im willing to bet that if you had a Oj nano fragger that was a quarter master stacked with all reload rolls then this thread would of never been made.

tD Showdown
12-03-2013, 08:02 PM
unlike you I never abused cloak or the dummy weapons for the sake of gaining easy kills to fool myself into thinking Im a 1337 MLG player. I always change it up and try new things. And considering I was never a try hard with cloak or stacking all the DMG resistance perks when they could and still come in 1st place every now and then made it all more the sweeter.

And funny enough your sig states PvP rewards cowards when you are one of the biggest cloak abusers ever. You are pretty much talking about yourself and all the guys you group up with. Im willing to bet that if you had a Oj nano fragger that was a quarter master stacked with all reload rolls then this thread would of never been made.

Nothing you said really means anything to me

Okta
12-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Surge Bolter is 2 shot kill

U kill with 1shot in head vbi sniper and surgbolter as well ^^
Also I havnt read everything u wrote but its foult of damage Resistance changes not nano fragger. nano fragger was op before damage and nano prox was nerfed.
Weapons that should be nerfed are cankers
And heavy sawed off is muuuuch more op because of lowest spread u can 1 hit ppl with extra life 4500 e shields im not sure if nano fragger can

cutlogarithm725
12-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Yes Okta my Assassin double crit Nano frager with 1.05 dmg can 1 shot a 4500 extralife ironclad with +11 falloff

twitch reflex
12-13-2013, 12:44 AM
The protection spike is the new OP thing in PvP.

Noobshank
12-13-2013, 07:57 AM
The protection spike is the new OP thing in PvP.

Agreed. But then again, making SW's disappear entirely is more OP.... *COUGH, Trion*