PDA

View Full Version : Perfect game that could get better. With age.

Neopunk76
12-01-2013, 11:14 AM
The game is Perfect in my honest opinion. Much like The Secret World.

Nothing else to be said but I do have a question to the developers. Why does gun fire and such except maybe particle beam projectors and missile launchers, sound so lame? I know you might not change it since It's actually quite decent as it is but it does sound abit weird. Why?

Mythos Autarkis
12-01-2013, 11:23 AM

Nothing else to be said but I do have a question to the developers. Why does gun fire and such except maybe particle beam projectors and missile launchers, sound so lame? I know you might not change it since It's actually quite decent as it is but it does sound abit weird. Why?

first let me say, welcome to the forums :) and that Im glad that we have added another player to the shrinking player base.
I definately agree that some of the weapon sounds are off (especialy with bio nano effect, very anoying), but calling this game perfect is a huge leap lol

Arsenic_Touch
12-01-2013, 11:37 AM
"game is perfect, like secret world"

10/10

Might jimmy some rustles.

Now if you're actually serious... I got a bridge to sell you.

Bane_Of_Legends
12-01-2013, 11:46 AM
There is no such thing as perfection.
The game is good, but it can be made better, as all things can.
As for the sound, well.. Work with what you got, I guess?
You've got shooting games that record gunfire sounds on ranges.
And you've got shooting games that get gunfire sounds from other sources.
The ones from other sources are distorted.
Any recording software slightly distorts an image or sound.
When it's recorded again, it distorts it even more.
I don't think the gunfire sounds came straight from the gun range.
Though as you said, they're decent so I'm not complaining.

Neopunk76
12-01-2013, 01:11 PM
@Arsenic_Touch

This holds some truth.

Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, and they never get to try again.
The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but they refuse.
They cling to the realm, or Gods, or love. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Monkerlotus
12-01-2013, 01:18 PM

You best get to sharing whatever drugs you on!

3rdpig
12-01-2013, 01:18 PM
IMO the game is a great concept with a very flawed execution. And while they're fixing some of the flaws, they're also making changes that only a tiny fraction of the player base wants (if even that) like the grenade changes. And they still fail to fix problems like 1.05 mag bonus on guns that don't get a single extra round in the magazine from it, or the chat system, which is an even more glaring flaw than the stupid bonus rolls and weapon synergies.

A mentor of mine gave me a great piece of advice many years ago, he said "Don't start vast projects with half vast ideas". Trion needed to, and still needs to, adhere to that advice. Wasting time with half vast ideas like the grenade changes while the game is still fundamentally flawed is either incompetence, poor management or, most likely IMO, letting the bean counters run the development process. Either way it's making for a very frustrating experience for even the most dedicated players, which I count my self among.

Deunan
12-01-2013, 01:37 PM
The game is Perfect in my honest opinion.Does a perfect game have instanced map areas that are completely broken?

Does a perfect game have a weapon bonus stat system where there are weapon bonus stats that literally give no real bonus at all for an entire class of weapons for which it rolls?

Does a perfect game have major events where the end boss frequently glitches into the sky where it's almost impossible to shoot?

Does a perfect game have a completely dysfunctional chat system which doesn't even work as designed most of the time?

Does a perfect game have stability issues that are so great that it renders gameplay for an entire gaming platform almost unplayable with multiple crashes, freezes and hardlocks per hour?

Do you think that's air your breathing? Hmm.

http://www.helsinki.fi/~papinnie/pictures/The%20Matrix%20_DivX_%20280_0001.jpg

The game is good and enjoyable but if you think it's perfect then perfection must pervade every single second of every single aspect of your life because you're using a different lexicon than the one that's commonly used by most people.

Neopunk76
12-01-2013, 02:02 PM
You're so sexy Deunan if that is you. Watched Appleseed and it's predecessors. So yeah. What game are YOU playing? Stats on weapons? I don't SEE any stats on MY weapons. Bugged bosses flying over your head. I mean WTF?

So when is Appleseed 3014 coming?

No it's not air.

williamarmistace
12-01-2013, 02:27 PM
You're so sexy Deunan if that is you. Watched Appleseed and it's predecessors. So yeah. What game are YOU playing? Stats on weapons? I don't SEE any stats on MY weapons. Bugged bosses flying over your head. I mean WTF?

So when is Appleseed 3014 coming?

No it's not air.

If you don't see any stats on your weapons then you are having a really serious problem and should probably contact customer support. Otherwise, I understand your new to the game so you probably have yet to witness the problems that Deunan mentioned. You will though, I promise.

Yrkul
12-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Yep. That's a troll.

Move along.

Elastik Spastik
12-01-2013, 02:52 PM
if trion had the time, staff and money to commit to this game, it would be like eating hot rhubarb crumble and custard off a naked megan fox. Who would be the aftermint ;)

DanteYoda
12-01-2013, 06:40 PM
The game is pretty good, its fun and it keeps me interested..

Yea the game has a plethora of issues that Trion needs to fix and might not, so my issue i guess is with the heads of Trion not Defiance as a game, honestly the core game is amazing and kills generic game play of Rift in my opinion.

But its up too Trion to either make the game better or kick it to the roadside (which i think would be a mistake) much rather see Rift kicked to the roadside now that got boring outside of Dimensions..

kendillin
12-01-2013, 07:07 PM
if trion had the time, staff and money to commit to this game, it would be like eating hot rhubarb crumble and custard off a naked megan fox. Who would be the aftermint ;)

You know... With all the flak the Brits take in the culinary world, they never get credit for the desserts.
Just sayin. I totally agree too.

Bentu
12-01-2013, 07:14 PM
You know... With all the flak the Brits take in the culinary world, they never get credit for the desserts.
Just sayin. I totally agree too.

I'd eat Roast Beef and Yorkshire pud off Cass any day :)

Deunan
12-01-2013, 07:45 PM
I don't SEE any stats on MY weapons.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2886/11163803555_bdbc9b4241_z.jpg

Here we have that holy grail of weapon tiers. The orange Legendary gun. For your edification there are five weapon tiers, Common (white), Uncommon (green), Rare (blue), Epic (purple) and Legendary (orange) with each weapon being more rare then the preceding one and each one giving bonus stats ranging from 1 bonus stat for Common to up to 5 bonus stats for Legendary. You can see these on the weapon card above, color coded, towards the bottom of the card. Now look at the orange Legendary weapon bonus stat of x1.10 Mag and then look at the Mag capacity of this weapon. In case it escapes you, there is no actual bonus from the Legendary bonus stat because 10% of a mag with a 3 shotgun shell capacity is 0.3 shotgun shells which gets rounded down to zero. There are other bonus stats like this for weapons in the game. There were actually more of these useless bonus stats before one of the more recent updates that revamped the weapon system. Needless to say that it's extremely deflating to get an orange Legendary gun when it's so rare only to realize that the extra bonus stat it gives is worthless and that the Epic purple gun you already have is a much better weapon.

Bugged bosses flying over your head. I mean WTF?

http://i58.fastpic.ru/big/2013/0902/78/da356ec603209ee835c8f4b042c7a678.jpg

kendillin
12-01-2013, 08:07 PM
I'd eat Roast Beef and Yorkshire pud off Cass any day :)

I just can't...

Jet1337
12-01-2013, 09:08 PM
If you can afford to eat food off a **** like megan fox, then you can probably afford paper plates.

Atticus Batman
12-01-2013, 09:48 PM

Get with the times there Spastik man! That would be a VERY pregnant Megan Fox! Still may be fun but the food would slide a bit.

http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/hollywoods-baby-boom-27326.gallery#!wallState=0__%2Fmovies%2Fhollywoods-baby-boom-27326.gallery%3FphotoId%3D126494

Megan Fox

The "Transformers" star and husband Brian Austin Green welcomed their first child, son Noah, in September 2012. They'll soon be adding to their brood, which also includes Brian's son Kassius Lijah from his previous relationship with actress-model Vanessa Marcil. Megan's rep confirmed the happy news in August 2013. According

to some early reports, the proud parents are expecting a boy.

Elastik Spastik
12-02-2013, 01:05 AM
Get with the times there Spastik man! That would be a VERY pregnant Megan Fox! Still may be fun but the food would slide a bit.

http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/hollywoods-baby-boom-27326.gallery#!wallState=0__%2Fmovies%2Fhollywoods-baby-boom-27326.gallery%3FphotoId%3D126494

Megan Fox

The "Transformers" star and husband Brian Austin Green welcomed their first child, son Noah, in September 2012. They'll soon be adding to their brood, which also includes Brian's son Kassius Lijah from his previous relationship with actress-model Vanessa Marcil. Megan's rep confirmed the happy news in August 2013. According

to some early reports, the proud parents are expecting a boy.

Im not a celebrity chaser and I never know what goes on in celebrity world and I never will. Got better things do like eloping with hellbugs. Which =hellspastiks. Beware paradise......

Elastik Spastik
12-02-2013, 01:08 AM
It doesn't bother me that much. Im happy to get a better purple than the one I already got. What does annoy my is the amount of sawn offs I get.

EDIT; WRONG THREAD

Carnak
12-02-2013, 03:12 AM
Perfection cannot be improved upon. So your thread title is both delusional (Defiance is so not perfect) and illogical.

That said, I think the developers did an absolutely brilliant job with combat and the open world content. Best fun I've had in an MMO for a long time. But I also think they made some big mistakes which seriously reduce the game's appeal, and there are bugs etc. So perfect it aint.

Elastik Spastik
12-02-2013, 03:15 AM
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2886/11163803555_bdbc9b4241_z.jpg

Here we have that holy grail of weapon tiers. The orange Legendary gun. For your edification there are five weapon tiers, Common (white), Uncommon (green), Rare (blue), Epic (purple) and Legendary (orange) with each weapon being more rare then the preceding one and each one giving bonus stats ranging from 1 bonus stat for Common to up to 5 bonus stats for Legendary. You can see these on the weapon card above, color coded, towards the bottom of the card. Now look at the orange Legendary weapon bonus stat of x1.10 Mag and then look at the Mag capacity of this weapon. In case it escapes you, there is no actual bonus from the Legendary bonus stat because 10% of a mag with a 3 shotgun shell capacity is 0.3 shotgun shells which gets rounded down to zero. There are other bonus stats like this for weapons in the game. There were actually more of these useless bonus stats before one of the more recent updates that revamped the weapon system. Needless to say that it's extremely deflating to get an orange Legendary gun when it's so rare only to realize that the extra bonus stat it gives is worthless and that the Epic purple gun you already have is a much better weapon.

http://i58.fastpic.ru/big/2013/0902/78/da356ec603209ee835c8f4b042c7a678.jpg

thats an old bug i thought was fixed, i got pics on steam of crazy bugs like that and the proginator

N3gativeCr33p
12-02-2013, 07:53 AM
You best get to sharing whatever drugs you on!

Yeah... what he said.

Deunan
12-02-2013, 11:34 AM
thats an old bug i thought was fixed, i got pics on steam of crazy bugs like that and the proginatorNope. It's still around