PDA

View Full Version : Questions for 12/6 Live Stream

Shadow Andreas
12-03-2013, 11:42 AM
******NOTE THE TIME CHANGE 11:45 PST FOR DEFIANCE******

It's that time of the week again fellow ArkHunters....lets get questions together for the team at Trion. Since last week we didn't have one due to the holiday and the PTS is up and running...I'm sure we can get some good questions.

Here's my question

1- Will we be getting Co-Op Arenas?

1a-If so, is there a time frame for them? If not....why not?

1b- Also...how will scoring work with regards to the pursuits and achievements (Bronze, Silver and Gold)? Will the scores be cumulative or individual....or will we still have to do them solo for them to count towards the pursuits and achievements.

Shogo_Yahagi
12-03-2013, 12:19 PM
What is the timeline for a fix to the PS3 stability problem?

I hesitate to ask any others, because as long as that goes unanswered, I'm not terribly interested in anything else they might discuss.

N3gativeCr33p
12-03-2013, 01:57 PM
What is the timeline for a fix to the PS3 stability problem?

I don't even play this game on my PS3, yet I still want to hear an answer on this one.

Magickats242
12-03-2013, 02:02 PM
I don't even play this game on my PS3, yet I still want to hear an answer on this one.

Hah, I was thinking that as well.

Also, will the gaining "Trusted with Echelon" part of the Ego evolution pursuit be removed from the requirements?

I honesty don't have the stomach to PVP within Defiance, let alone have to grind rep with Echelon just to complete what seems to be an otherwise entirely pve pursuit.

Etaew
12-03-2013, 02:05 PM
With the areas north and south of the Golden Gate Bridge being counted as seperate zones, how will this act in regards to zone chat and being able to spot sieges / arkfalls?

klash
12-03-2013, 02:28 PM
1.When will the connection timeouts stop for the PS3?
2. PS3 timeouts, when can we expect a fix?
3. And finally, PS3 connection or disconnect issues, resolved soon?

Lightningman
12-03-2013, 02:34 PM
This is a question for trick:

In the last livestream u said that arenas were going to be changed to give the player weapon exp but I don't see that change listed in the draft notes. I'm just wondering if it got left out or if it still needs tweeking so that it can come later

Etaew
12-03-2013, 02:42 PM
This is a question for trick:

In the last livestream u said that arenas were going to be changed to give the player weapon exp but I don't see that change listed in the draft notes. I'm just wondering if it got left out or if it still needs tweeking so that it can come later
This change is live on Alpha, there are a lot of things they haven't added to the notes.

Shadow Andreas
12-03-2013, 03:05 PM
This change is live on Alpha, there are a lot of things they haven't added to the notes.

Etaew....are the arenas CoOp on Alpha?

CRIXDA
12-03-2013, 03:12 PM
A lot of these are good questions, and in my opinion- fairly asked (with the exception of the sarcasm-laden ad nauseum repeats although I can't truly blame anyone for being upset for not being able to play the game, period) and they are questions that I personally look forward to hearing the answers too.
So, I will make a submission to the ever-growing pile of queries:
Trick,
A lot of ideas that we in the community have submitted to The Development Team and Yourself by PM, E-mail or via Elizabeth have been what We have considered good ideas and things that We would love to see in-game. Feasibility for Dirtbikes, Fortresses, or Enemy-held Territory has never truly been pulled out and discussed for us.
We realize that things that We may think are simple or easy may not be, but could you at least discuss them?
Thanks.

GET INVOLVED, so Defiance can EVOLVE

the doctor
12-03-2013, 03:27 PM
I saw that you expand the pistol ammo pool but why do you expand the sniper rifle ammo pool and since its only 50 rounds for both boltaction and semi auto sniper rifles

Holy Bahamut3
12-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Oops missed this ninja thread.

So as I am sure you aware, the grenade changes are not going over well to the community, so my question is have you considered either removing them until the new system is more refined, or tweaking the system a little bit to make it more user friendly before launch?

DanteYoda
12-03-2013, 08:06 PM
When will the chat work like chat systems in other MMO games.

Will we get right click player name whisper/team add/go to/ignore etc

WhiteF8ng
12-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Same bat time, same bat channel...

Answered

1. When will the shotgun mag bonus be addressed? 1.05 does nothing, and 1.10 does some strange things to the burst fire fraggers.This will be addressed. Answered 9/27 The static number mag bonus has been rick rolled & returned with Patch 1.2

9. Von Bach rep vendor items did not receive the same buff as the other rep vendors. Was this intended?

Answered 10/4/2013. Von Bach rep vendor items have received the same bonus (10%) as the others. Case in point the EMC Assault rifle at the VBI rep vendor has a DMG of 242. The same rifle at the Hermit's Hideaway (with the sick snow camo) has a DMG of 220. The Epic rarity items in this vendor still don't have the bonus. This info will be pm'd to avoid a wasted question. This has been fixed with patch 1.105

4. The 200% melee on self revive bonus didn't always exist. Mind REminding me (see wut I did there?) what that bonus roll was before? Removed on weapons generated after patch 1.105. Yay!

3. somebody.. Tell me what exactly does the Private chat invite option do? At least on PS3 because it ain't doing shtako right now... This supposed to be a tell/whisper invite but it doesn't work all the time if any. AKA it's broke... 10/18/2013 With Patch 1.2, this invite opens a private voice and text channel between 2 users.

5. Any plans to bring the other elements as converter mods? Short answer: Yes. Don't get your hopes up for syphon converters though. 10/18/2013

6. After you unlock all perks, you stop getting XP. Along with the XP, you no longer receive the kill confirmations like critical, multi, or power kills. Tbh I miss seeing that. It was addressed months ago (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?113467-Ego-5000-Questions&p=1090935&viewfull=1#post1090935) as being in the bug database. When will it return? It will be looked into. To make sure it's still on track to being remedied. As of 10/18/13. Returned with Patch 1.2 *Insert Ric Flair "Wooo"*

7. Rewards given for instanced events i.e. North Point Mine, Kinship Plaza, Dark Matter Base and Minor Arkfalls are sporadic at best when doing them alone or with a group. Will keycode rewards be adjusted so that everyone participating gets their just rewards? [/b]A definitive Yes was given. 10/18/2013

8. Apparently, Weapons gotten out of the Claims section will no longer receive a mastery bonus upon being mastered. Fix in place for this yet? [B]Dev testing did not find any evidence that weapons received from the claims section would remove the weapon's mastery or make it come up blank. i believe they have found another reason for this happening. Claims section and blank mastery weapons could be just a coincidence. 10/18/2013 Fixed with patch 1.108

11. What the hell is wrong with that area around the Crater? The lag surrounding that area is ridiculous. Even walking from Iron Demon to The Crater about 30 secs after initially logging in and the road was completely gone. I felt like I was Criss Angel for a while there... Fast traveling to The Crater usually results in an instant timeout. There was an issue before of preloaded cutscenes being loaded and triggered (without actually triggering) unnecessarily. This was thought to be turned off and could possibly be the reason for latency issues in this area. 10/18/2013

12. I laugh whenever I read or hear people say "You have to do this to get this roll!" I say random is random. How much do actions that are performed while mastering a weapon contribute to its mastery bonus? None what-so-ever. Mastery bonus is already determined upon looting a weapon and it's up to you to find out what it is. 10/18/2013

13. I've always wondered why a dev never came in and clarified some of the player discussions since some weapon info and such is so vague on the weapon cards. Throw some mechanics numbers at me/us. Shield nano resistance does what? The Spanner Protector reduces damage by what? How much more damage to vehicles does a Breaker Cannon do? Things of that nature... I was asked to PM for these type of questions. As some may require getting some data and double checking for the correct answers. I will send a PM today 10/21/2013. the answers I get I'll share...

14. How is it possible that the "stock" melee animation on the Charge Blade does MORE damage than the "slash" melee? Some bad number coding. Charge blade slash vs charge slash will also be looked at. Currently, the same amount of damage can be done using quick slashes in the same time it takes to charge a slash. A re-balance is necessary. 10/18/2013 Charge blades received a MEGA buff with Patch 2.04

15. 0.0 Det grenades have issues to say the least. i.e. Exploding in the users face no matter how far it's thrown. Is there a fix for these issues? Why does this happen? Unsure as to why this happens at all. Will be looked into. 10/18/2013. Devs were unaware of said problem. Here are 2 threads discussing nade problems that may be linked to the same source. This one (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?133633-Grenades-are-bugged&highlight=grenade+problem) and that one (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?133632-Its-just-me-or-grenades-are-broken&highlight=grenade+problem).

16. The Particle Ultimag charge pistol never comes with mod slots unlocked. Ever. Why is that? It does come with mod slots except any after EGO 1625 (such a weird number). Will be fixed. 10/18/2013 Patch 1.106 lists the mod slots as being fixed but did not fix them. Patch 1.107 has fixed both the issue with the white rarity bonus roll and the mod slots.

2. Co-op grouping channels. What is up with the chat channels? How is it that 90% of the time ONE person gets locked out of the group and stuck in clan chat unable to communicate with the others in the co-op? Why not just have one single channel for co-op? Another rehash of the chat UI is coming. Making it so you can mute and unmute different chat categories in the same chat channel. Hopefully this fixes this issue. 11/8/2013

10. Charge Blade range is either unbalanced or broken in PvP. Why is it that on my screen I'm in front of players cutting them down but on their screen I'm about 10-15 ft. away still doing damage? Is this a peer-to-peer latency issue? Devs Have been unable to reproduce this bug. Just may be a peer to peer latency issue. Upcoming charge blade changes may or may not fix this issue.

17. The VBI CS-X Cluster Shot is a combat shotgun that shoots grenades. Why doesn't the grenades register as explosives? i.e. It doesn't benefit from any explosive perks, bonuses, etc... The Courier a sawed off shotgun that does the same thing counts as an explosive. A data update is required to adjust weapons that shoot explosive projectiles accordingly.11/8/2013

18. The Volge LMG has the bonus roll of accuracy. While it's classified as a LMG, the fact that it shoots an explosive and has no bloom makes accuracy basically a useless roll. How is this useful?
Fired at long range, accuracy which is not bloom, bloom is how much bigger something gets over time after each shot, accuracy is how narrow that cone is in the first place. Accuracy at long range with that gun is effective. 11/8/2013 Of the 10-12 V-LMGs I've had, not one (with accuracy rolls) has had a tighter reticule than the others. 1 of 3 things must be happening: The V-LMG does not benefit from accuracy, Accuracy doesn't work correctly on the V-LMG, or I'm not seeing something...

19. The old Tactical AR scope (AKA the red A-frame one see here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?24405-Guide-Scopes-Sights&highlight=guide)) was not only removed from the game but the mod was swapped with the Assault scope (and see here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?98927-Upcoming-Sight-Mods-Changes)that this wasn't intended...hopefully). Leaving us with a "no scope" and my favorite scope gone from the game. This scope was also on the Pistols as the advanced scope at the time. We also campaigned for this not to happen (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?123175-Dear-Trion-Please-Don-t-Remove-the-Red-Scopes) and it still did. If it's not coming back at least can we have an explanation of why it was removed? (more or less)The tactical scope was replaced by the stability scope, essentially those scopes had near to zero or no zoom on them and they were intended to not actually put you into the scope. Giving you the advantages of the scope without putting you into the scope loading screen. They are not coming back. 11/8/2013 :EPICSADFACE:

20. The RNG is reeking havok on the synergy mods. Specifically the Rep vendor mod synergies. The EGO Precision, Prepared, and Scavenger synergies are showing up on weapon mods of weapons that don't come with that synergy. (i.e. a rocket launcher with Prepared synergy) Can the RNG parameters be changed to remedy this? Not so much a RNG issue but a discrepancy between the list of synergy mods generated vs the list of synergy weapons currently being generated. The mods still work on weapons though. 11/8/2013 :rolleyes:

21. When the Castithan Charge Pack came out, the Human female character's melee now has some weird slide forward after effect. This goes for the Castithan Female as well since it's the same character model. Makes it hard to melee to get out of trouble if your character slides towards the enemy instead. What is up with that? Tell Greg to make a female char (human or casti) and melee with it and you'll see... All character model do this. 11/8/2013 This is incorrect. The Casti and Human female (And Irath females to a lesser extent) characters have some kind of mag-lock animation after they melee and the enemy flinches. It's similar to how you "jump to" an enemy when using a charge blade except this happens after the melee has occurred. No male chars (well, Human and Irath, I don't have a Casti male) have this issue. Further testing has resulted in the discovery that the LMG and AR weapon categories do not cause this animation. So far Shotguns, Infectors, Pistols, BMGs, and Snipers all produce this animation. Launchers as well.

22. After the new rolls patch, a select few weapons have been dropping with no nano effects. To name them, the VOT Pulsers, FRC Berserker, Couriers, Clustershots, and every charge sniper in-game. Over the course of the ExtraLife event, a few clanmates and I farmed relentlessly and you'd think out of the hundreds (possibly thousands) of weapons we saw, at least ONE would come with a nano at any rarity. Could you take a look at these weapons to see if it's still possible for these weapons to drop with nanos? and Yes, we know about the nano converters... Kinda got stuck on the Clustershot during this answer. So fyi, explosive weapons don't really work with nanos very well but I'm pretty sure most of you know this already. The proc rate on them is quite low/sporadic. 11/22/2013 In other news, on the PTS for DLC2 Arsenic_Touch (http://forums.defiance.com/search.php?searchid=2478459) and others have been doing a great job of keeping everyone in the know on what's coming for DLC2's patch. (http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?83-Defiance-Alpha-Test-Server) One of his screenshots showed a Particle Repeater with a natural nano of fire. Take from that what you will... :)

23. (From the Dawn and Dark Knight Patrol) A question was asked a few weeks ago about the improvements being made to clans and giving them more substance. Could these changes include Clan Alliances (as in making clans able to have the ability to work together and see each other as allies in-game)? If this is possible, could the allied clans have a shared chat channel? Clan Alliances are currently not in any future plans. We are getting a clan based progression system that gives more concrete benefits. 11/22/2013

24. It seems that when I fill out a bug report, it falls on deaf ears. What's the process after a bug report is filled out in-game? They are sent to Customer Service which addresses them or escalates them to the dev team based on severity of problem and frequency of report. 11/15/2013

25. (From Arsenic) Will we be getting everything planned for DLC 2, or will things be left out again? you've been playing this DLC really close to the chest to probably avoid the same mistakes you made last time, but it's not really going to instlll much confidence that we're in the middle of november and all we know is the call down arkfalls and that you mentioned the cold fire assault rifle missing from DLC 1 will be present in DLC 2. (which by the way is still going to happen, correct?) Everything is on track for DLC2 including the cold fire AR. 11/15/2013

27. (from Maverick) The mastery for orange weapons, 8% Damage on next shot after a kill (expires after 10 sec), doesn't work with weapons that shoot bullets. However the bonus does work after a melee kill or with weapons that shoot projectiles. And yes I am sure that I am killing enemies with my sniper before the ten seconds are up. The bonus isn't working properly for hitscan weapons. We've just started looking at that, we also had a similar problem with the last shot in clip outlaw synergy which is now fixed in DLC 2.

28. The legendary rarity Volge LMG has a different weapon skin than the rarities below legendary. Are there plans to do this with the other weapons? There are actually several other weapons that do this. 11/15/2013 I'm gonna say this was a discrepancy between the build the devs are on and the one the masses are on because besides the V-LMG I know of no legendary weapons that look differently from other rarities of the same weapon. I you do, PM me. I'd like to know for knowledge's sake.

29. The hidden vendors really have some cool looking gear in them, but (there's always a 'but'), there's no higher rarities of weapons with these unique skins. Any chance we'll see that happening? Not in the hidden vendors. Since they don't require rep, there won't be any epics regularly in there. They are looking into increasing the rarity on the sale items and having legendary version of the static weapons obtainable. 11/15/2013

30. Every so often, during a Siege I see a Viscera point in my general direction. What is it doing when that happens? Is it calling me out to its cronies or something? That is exactly what happens. You shall become the most hated thing. Enemies in the Viscera's general area will aggro in your direction. Standard aggro rules still apply and supersede this effect. i.e. The closest thing will still hate you the most. 11/22/2013

31. (from Crasher) Upon being Rezzed: Can we get 'You were Rezzed by: XXXX' as a personal system msg? You can already alert everyone on my friends list that I got a legendary weapon, why can't you alert ME regarding who restored my life, often in combat? Devs didn't want to clog up the chat/notification feed with more info. Although this may be useful info to provide players with. 11/22/2013 Fingers crossed...

31. Not too long ago, I asked (in chat) on the Live Stream if we would start getting more detailed patch notes. We've kinda regressed a bit here. What's the reasoning behind some things just getting left on the cutting room floor so-to-speak? I was asked to PM descrepancies, so I did...

33.It's been answered before but very vaguely. What happens to our old grenades once patch 1.200 goes live? Will the stats change? Will we lose grenades if we have two or more of the same type? Please give an example of what will happen. We’re running a query to replace all old grenades with the same type and rarity of grenades in the new system. Any resulting duplicates will go to your claim items, which will allow you to hoard them for quick refills (by visiting your claim items while out and about) or to sell by selling/scrapping the ones in your inventory and then claiming the ones in your claim items.

36. I have a medic build. (Surprised?) The perk "One for All" which revives my group members when I revive myself doesn't work in the Open World. It does however, work in a co-op instance. What gives? Fat chance getting my group members to go down in co-op but it may come in handy against the Warmaster. Actually, Mace Rockgroin, a character I regularly play with, also runs a medic build in groups. He uses “One for all” constantly, but we have also noticed some inconsistency in its application. It’s on the list of bug investigations we need to look into.

Unanswered

26. (From Tekrunner) It feels as if PvP has become the "red-headed stepchild". We have a map that doesn't work, exploited mechanics, slight imbalances in weaponry, EGO power imbalance, and queue times that are dreadful. When will we see some fixes to revitalize PvP?(i.e. implementing the often suggested unified queues, cloak shimmer, etc...)? Quick Match is being improved drastically. 11/22/2013 (See Draft notes (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?141976-Patch-1.200-Draft-Notes!&p=1337061#post1337061)for patch 1.200) I'd like a little more reiteration on what else is being improved though. This question got side stepped a bit.

32. Spikes and Stims will have different rarities when they go live. What does rarity dictate on spikes and stims (we know it isn't capacity)?

34. Can you explain this exerpt from patch 1.200 draft notes?

"DLC 1: Charge Weapon pack weapons were bunk. Some were legendary, 1 was common and none of them had stat bonuses. This is no longer the case."

Son...I am confuse...:confused:

35. With the added tier 10 score (40k) for Volge Sieges, will the loot table be adjusted any further? Or will the rewards be the same as if you'd hit the previous 20k mark?

37. Justify the Surge Bolter's lack of any penalty besides its ammo cap. Not a big deal for me but that angry mob inside your forum says otherwise...

38. Bringing it up again... Can we have the ability to trade the non-rep charge blades?

39. Brawler Shields (X% melee damage when shield is down) are broken. The perk that does the same thing is not. How come? Do Brawler shields have some other function/mechanic?

Arsenic_Touch
12-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Gave these questions to Beck for the interview, but most of em won't get answered so I'll post them here as well. Hopefully if they do answer them, they'll divy them up between the two events.

1. Skill progression revamp. Is this in the works, or was the idea scrapped (in a previous live stream there were comments about changing the way the skill system works)

(The last time I asked this question about the skill progression, they ignored the question and said "We're adding a melee skill for charge blades, we already knew this, I want to know about the revamp that was brought up)

2. Release date for DLC 3 (had to)
3. How much story will we be getting with DLC3? will the story be a continuation of season 1, a stand alone story within season 1 or tie in content to season 2?
4. Will there be any map expansion with DLC 3, if not, when will we be seeing the map expand?
5. In regards to question 3, if the DLC 3 has no tv tie in content, when will we see the bridge between season 1 and season 2.
6. Any new vehicles planned?
7. Any word on when vehicle combat (the raptor comes to mind) will be implemented? if ever.
8. Give us a date on when the chat will actually function like a mmo chat. (just port over rift, that way we can right click on players and whisper/inspect/et cetera, and make it so we can link items)
9. When will the shield changes be implemented?
10. Any quality of life improvements for the PC graphics side of things? more memory allocation, better graphics, et cetera. ) there's a slider in the DLC 2, but what it does and if it works is hard to tell at this point.
11. When will ego based progression on loot drops be implemented?
12. Are there any plans for hard mode co-ops/missions, and if so, when will they be implemented?
13. And just because I keep getting the run around (I'm god damned tired of it at this point) where is the bloody scavenger sniper rifle?
14. Rocket launcher updates. When will we get them?
15. When will you update the charge blade so it's damage does more than a base melee attack?
16. When will you add a skill progression line for charge blades?

Umfafa
12-03-2013, 11:18 PM
8. Give us a date on when the chat will actually function like a mmo chat. (just port over rift, that way we can right click on players and whisper/inspect/et cetera, and make it so we can link items)
13. And just because I keep getting the run around (I'm god damned tired of it at this point) where is the bloody scavenger sniper rifle?

LOL!

Goosefabah....bruddah, Goosefabah.

Arsenic_Touch
12-03-2013, 11:29 PM
LOL!

Goosefabah....bruddah, Goosefabah.

Goose blah blah.

Dacarian
12-04-2013, 01:41 AM
Sorry if this has been answered but is this dlc going to force me to lose inventory space? With the spikes that is.

Elastik Spastik
12-04-2013, 03:41 AM
Can the quick menu actually be a quick menu. Will group sizes get bigger because 4 is pathetic when i want to play with more people. The health bars are not needed. I find it a distraction. There was really no need to change it. And can we have a chat window when trading. Pretty much all i can think of as other people have asked what im thinking.

Bentu
12-04-2013, 05:12 AM
When will the chat work like chat systems in other MMO games.

Will we get right click player name whisper/team add/go to/ignore etc

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean but we do have these options on xbox.

kendillin
12-04-2013, 07:48 AM
Melee skill? (Arsenic mentioned) What's this?
We talking an actual skill bar here?

N3gativeCr33p
12-04-2013, 08:02 AM
What are Trion's plans for player retention? The only thing that really keeps me "tied" to this game is the fact that I bought the overinflated season pass back in early summer... a decision that I am starting to regret more and more with each passing day.

LITTLE B1RD
12-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Is there any chance that the excessively bright bloom of bmg's can be toned down?
Please!?

dreamcast87
12-04-2013, 08:53 AM
1. Will we ever get an update for high Rez graphics/textures for the PC version of the game?
2. Can we have more camera options to move it a bit further back when in 3rd person and while driving?
3. Any type of info on a revamp to shields?
4. Will season pass owners get another free character customization ticket?
5. Any info on making the in game voice chat better than it is now?
6. When will LvL 4 mods return?

bigguy
12-04-2013, 08:56 AM
i mastered my post patch grind fragger and recieved a 2% ammo on melee bonus which will not even give me a single shot , why is this useless bonus still in game?

hey u
12-04-2013, 09:41 AM
Any plans on adding selected difficulty on co-op maps and of Ark falls we call down. Have a newb mode, a noob mode, a normal mode and an Ark hunter mode for the maps and to top it off a legendary mode.

Arsenic_Touch
12-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Melee skill? (Arsenic mentioned) What's this?
We talking an actual skill bar here?

They said they're going to add skill progression for melee (charge blades) like they have for the rest of the weapon types.

bigguy
12-04-2013, 01:51 PM
can you make charge blades cost more rep (not scrip) at the vendor and make them tradeable?

maverick07
12-04-2013, 02:15 PM
When nano converters were being brought up a few weeks ago you guys mentioned that Shock and Bio converters might be making their way into the game as well. This still happening?

Arsenic_Touch
12-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Another thing to add.

When are you going to update rocket launchers so they're actually worth using? that means much better stats and more ammo.

Dar Katan
12-04-2013, 02:27 PM
When is the VBI PA-12 Haar pistol going to get a boost in performance? It is by far the worst pistol in the game, but it has an awesome charge mechanic.

TriGlav 2000
12-04-2013, 03:11 PM
* With Arkbearker DLC we are getting new Votan sets of weapons, when will we get new weapon sets for VBI and FRC?

* After Lottery Lockboxes were removed from vendors, Lockboxes stopped droping legendary gear for me, were legendary drops reduced or is RNG loot table infested with a hellbug.

hardy83
12-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Yes I keep complaining about the graphics, but we got new RAM options, we're getting HD textures...At some point, for PC. Which will be nice.

Could we get something to improve the draw distance and/or reduce the "fog of war" that's so prevalent in the game?

I'm not asking for changes to the weapon mechanics like snipers, just visually being able to see more of the world.

BJWyler
12-04-2013, 06:22 PM
To go along with one of Arsenic's questions:

Are there any plans to add in a Cerebus vehicle that can be used in the open world (aside from the mission ones and with or without a turret) to make leveling that skill a bit more easier?

And one more I just thought of:
Any "Holiday" event planned in the game. I recall you guys saying that you tried to get something for Halloween, but it fell through. Anything in the works for Christmas?

N3gativeCr33p
12-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Anything in the works for Christmas?

Since it's already December 5th, my initial thought is no... not going to happen.

Shadow Andreas
12-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Is there any chance that the excessively bright bloom of bmg's can be toned down?
Please!?

This for sure......when there are many people all trying to heal people and explosions going off from Detonators and RLs....you can't see what you're shooting at. Please tone down the DMGs and explosions if you can at Sieges and ArkFalls.

crasher
12-05-2013, 12:23 PM
This for sure......when there are many people all trying to heal people and explosions going off from Detonators and RLs....you can't see what you're shooting at. Please tone down the DMGs and explosions if you can at Sieges and ArkFalls.
Doesn't it frequently feel like there are more people healing than there are people in need of healing?

Are all of those healers getting full credit for all healing the same one guy who needed 04.5% health regen?

How much credit can they be getting for healspamming healthy people?

inox2980
12-05-2013, 12:25 PM
How much credit can they be getting for healspamming healthy people?

Zero credit I would hope.

crasher
12-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Zero credit I would hope.
You'd think that would be 'negative reinforcement' dissuading the healspam, wouldn't you?

Doesn't explain all the healspamming before the Volge even show up, or in areas where they aren't even AT yet, or so far in between stages that it just makes me want to stop shooting volge and instead turn it into PvP against the healspammers....

[it just makes me want to stop shooting volge and instead turn it into PvP against the healspammers....]
Here's an idea that might be more popular than the 'Nerfy'Nades'.

Nilxain
12-05-2013, 01:09 PM
[Question] You've removed revive and most melee bonuses from weapon rolls, which was great, when do you plan on doing a more comprehensive roll overhaul and remove the other rolls that have too little value to be useful?

Exampes: Recoil on a sawed-off shotgun, accuracy on a sniper rifle, % mag bonuses on infectors, damage on next shot for guns that rely on multiple rounds at high fire rates, all of the synergies that only make half sense on weapons, etc.

Edit: and as pointed out, when will you complete the changes you have already made (ex: 200% melee is still on a SAW at the faction vendor in top-notch (on alpha))?

crasher
12-05-2013, 01:28 PM
[Question] You've removed revive and most melee bonuses from weapon rolls, which was great, when do you plan on doing a more comprehensive roll overhaul and remove the other rolls that have too little value to be useful?

Exampes: Recoil on a sawed-off shotgun, accuracy on a sniper rifle, % mag bonuses on infectors, damage on next shot for guns that rely on multiple rounds at high fire rates, all of the synergies that only make half sense on weapons, etc.

200% Melee bonus still available in the TNTW faction vendor, (for example), as well as many faction vendor items still missing some of the rolls, either by oversight or unexplained and random whimsical design that makes no reasonable sense.

Nilxain
12-05-2013, 01:36 PM
200% Melee bonus still available in the TNTW faction vendor, (for example), as well as many faction vendor items still missing some of the rolls, either by oversight or unexplained and random whimsical design that makes no reasonable sense.

TY I updated my question to reflect this. Also, I've seen the correct blue bonus rolls on vendor weapons on alpha - so at least, best I can tell, that part will be fixed with DLC 2.

rebtattoo
12-05-2013, 01:46 PM
With GrenadeGate an inevitability. Will grenades still be a tradeable commodity?

Example:

I currently have 3 Legendary grenades. A bio, a cluster, and a pyro. Let's say, through the course of playing, that I realize that I NEVER use my bio. I come across someone that has a frag that they never use, but wants to try a bio. Will we be able to trade or sell these to other players or will we be stuck with them occupying an inventory slot?

maverick07
12-06-2013, 12:15 AM
When nano converters were being brought up a few weeks ago you guys mentioned that Shock and Bio converters might be making their way into the game as well. This still happening?

Adding on to this post of mine...

- Fire and Radition synergy converters are making their way in with the update next week. But Catalyst Mods (nano effect trigger %) mods still do not have any synergies available for them?

- Volge Siege scores being bumped up to 40k for Tier 10 rewards. Just curious to know what the reason for this change was? I understand that we are going to have the stims and spikes now, but there is a limited amount of points to be had in a Siege, and stims and spikes alone aren't going to double everyones' scores. Now getting a score this high isn't too difficult now for some of us. Others may disagree. I also worry this might cause more people to start Sieges solo just to get their 40k and discourage teamwork and working together to reach a higher stage if it is harder to reach max rewards.

- On the topic of Sieges will we be seeing additional enemies getting their own Sieges for more variety as well? Such as Mutants, Hellbugs, or Dark Matter?

- What exactly is going to happen to stats on our grenades we have already? Will stats such as DMG, Duration, or Det time remain unchanged? Or will they match the levels of new grenades in the new system next week? This may have been asked already so my bad if is has :).

- Are certain weapons stats capped to only reach a certain amount? For example, I've heard a few rumblings of the AR/SMG/LMG max Crit Multi being capped at 2.5, but I haven't seen solid proof of it.

Shogo_Yahagi
12-06-2013, 07:38 AM
Also, PS3 stability. When is that going to happen?

DanteYoda
12-06-2013, 07:54 AM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean but we do have these options on xbox.

You do?

How does it work? i mean when i right click someones name in the chat on PC NA it does absolutely nothing for me, cant even click other players?

bigguy
12-06-2013, 10:47 AM
will you be removing useless mastery bonuses like 2% ammo on melee kill which wont even add i extra shot on any shotgun which is what they are still on

Overtkill21
12-06-2013, 11:14 AM
The following was added to the patch notes:

“DLC 1: Charge Weapon pack weapons were bunk. Some were legendary, 1 was common and none of them had stat bonuses. This is no longer the case.”

So does this mean that those of us that have already purchased DLC 1 are going to receive a new Charge Weapons Pack? Or is this only applicable to players that buy DLC 1 in the future?

Shadow Andreas
12-06-2013, 11:16 AM
****note the time change of the live stream, 11:45 pst for defiance.

maverick07
12-06-2013, 11:20 AM

Thanks for the heads up!

Etaew
12-06-2013, 11:25 AM

It's almost like they think we are constantly watching that blog. We aren't..... and we won't... (Thanks for the tip)

Constructive edit: A sticky post that was edited and posted in on the general forum would help / mailshots!

Shadow Andreas
12-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the heads up!

Any time.....glad I checked the Blog page....even though they have the time as 12:45 (don't think they are giving Trove and hour and a half).

Yrkul
12-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Defiance section is starting now.
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

Bentu
12-06-2013, 02:25 PM
You do?

How does it work? i mean when i right click someones name in the chat on PC NA it does absolutely nothing for me, cant even click other players?

On xbox, you push left on the Dpad and then thrice on the right bumper.
This brings up who is active in channel. You can then Mute/Inspect or put them on whisper (whatever that is? ).

Is this what you ment?