PDA

View Full Version : So has there been any insight to paid vs free dlc content?

kev2841
12-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Being a season pass holder I'd like to know if DLC 2's paid content and free content have been discussed yet. Thanks! Finally decided to get back on this game again after playing so much of GTA Online/Five.

Atticus Batman
12-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Being a season pass holder I'd like to know if DLC 2's paid content and free content have been discussed yet. Thanks! Finally decided to get back on this game again after playing so much of GTA Online/Five.

Here you go. Enjoy the read. http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/11/21/arkbreaker-dlc-lands-dec-10/

Arsenic_Touch
12-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Paid players get a 6 main mission 2 side mission quest line to call down arkfalls and introduce stims and spikes.
Paid players get the volge engineer outfit + a random volge weapon.
Paid players can use the new volge cold fire weapons (these weapons only drop in the arkbreak arkfalls)
Non paid players can loot the weapons but cannot use them.
Non paid players can join in the arkbreak arkfalls only when a paid player calls them down.

Available to everyone.
UI updates, salvage matrix updates (favorites, break down all, sell all, co-op changes for story missions, replacing mods without removing all of them) a new way for the matchmaking system to queue up.
Grenade changes.

That about covers all of it.

Overtkill21
12-03-2013, 04:57 PM
I'm still on the fence about this "feature update" -- paying $10 would be fine if even one of the weapons was a standout - but they're all kind of - meh.

DanteYoda
12-03-2013, 07:33 PM
Paid players get a 6 main mission 2 side mission quest line to call down arkfalls and introduce stims and spikes.
Paid players get the volge engineer outfit + a random volge weapon.
Paid players can use the new volge cold fire weapons (these weapons only drop in the arkbreak arkfalls)
Non paid players can loot the weapons but cannot use them.
Non paid players can join in the arkbreak arkfalls only when a paid player calls them down.

Available to everyone.
UI updates, salvage matrix updates (favorites, break down all, sell all, co-op changes for story missions, replacing mods without removing all of them) a new way for the matchmaking system to queue up.
Grenade changes.

That about covers all of it.

I don't really see how UI updates could be considered a free part of the DLC, these things are necessary for the game overall, to say you get them free in the DLC seems like a huge load of Bloat, these things shouldn't even be in a DLC they should be added as a patch to the game.

Calling Arkfalls and entering Arkfalls Should have been DLC etc, honestly UI as a tease for the DLC screams poor to me.

dahanese
12-03-2013, 08:47 PM
I don't really see how UI updates could be considered a free part of the DLC, these things are necessary for the game overall, to say you get them free in the DLC seems like a huge load of Bloat, these things shouldn't even be in a DLC they should be added as a patch to the game.

Calling Arkfalls and entering Arkfalls Should have been DLC etc, honestly UI as a tease for the DLC screams poor to me.

They're really more quality of life updates, but they are hitting with a patch that goes along with the DLC, so all the improvements will be wrapped into one update note.