PDA

View Full Version : Defiance on PSN $2.50

Beck
12-04-2013, 11:48 PM
Looks like a heck of a sale. Full game $2.50, Deluxe $7.50. Share with your PS3 friends. Any cheaper than Trion would be paying you to play.

Argetlam
12-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Wish they give notice of these sales ahead of time, just bought the game last week for 10 bucks

Shogo_Yahagi
12-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Ah! That must be what Dahanese meant when she said that if Defiance wasn't giving players their money's worth at launch, they are getting their money's worth now.

N3gativeCr33p
12-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Share with your PS3 friends.

... Only at the expense of losing those PS3 friends that you recommend the game to.

Storm58
12-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Wish they give notice of these sales ahead of time, just bought the game last week for 10 bucks

Ha! How do you think us $60 spenders feel? ;)

Misfit501
12-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Deluxe Edition is $8.

Atticus Batman
12-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Ha! How do you think us $60 spenders feel? ;)

Or 100$ or 150$ spenders. I got the Deluxe for 100, now it's 8. Then again I am on 360 so I do NOT crash every 3 minutes like some Ps3 players.

vizibledog
12-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Or 100$ or 150$ spenders. I got the Deluxe for 100, now it's 8. Then again I am on 360 so I do NOT crash every 3 minutes like some Ps3 players.

Only every 6 minutes for you. Ha ha ha ;)

Atticus Batman
12-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Only every 6 minutes for you. Ha ha ha ;)

Every 4 hours, thank you. But that is NOT a Defiance issue. That is an Xbox issue. The older ones get too hot and freeze up after 3 to 4 hours of being played straight normally.

vizibledog
12-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Every 4 hours, thank you. But that is NOT a Defiance issue. That is an Xbox issue. The older ones get too hot and freeze up after 3 to 4 hours of being played straight normally.

Is this only with Defiance because my launch day 360 doesn't do this with any of my other games?

Atticus Batman
12-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Is this only with Defiance because my launch day 360 doesn't do this with any of my other games?

All, and btw if you were to feel the back of your machine you would realize just HOW hot it gets after 3 or 4 hours. I do however manage to make it around 5 on Defiance alot whereas Halo 3 freezes after about 3 1/2 hours.

vizibledog
12-05-2013, 03:35 PM
All, and btw if you were to feel the back of your machine you would realize just HOW hot it gets after 3 or 4 hours. I do however manage to make it around 5 on Defiance alot whereas Halo 3 freezes after about 3 1/2 hours.

So are you saying this is an xbox exclusive fault? Yeah my xbox gets hot but I'm able to play mine for 3-4 hours without it freezing up.

Atticus Batman
12-05-2013, 03:42 PM
So are you saying this is an xbox exclusive fault? Yeah my xbox gets hot but I'm able to play mine for 3-4 hours without it freezing up.

Says the same person, who ALWAYS says they ONLY play PS3. Look older Xboxes can and DO freeze up or crash more often after being on for over 4 - 6 hours straight. It even states it in the original manual that you should never play it for more that 3-4 hours. NOT everything is Trion's fault. OLDER hardware overheats and freezes (xbox), Crappy memory leak (PS3) crashes every game. PC REQUIRES new hardware and software updates every 3-6 months to keep gaming. THere is ALWAYS a catch, get over it.

vizibledog
12-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Says the same person, who ALWAYS says they ONLY play PS3. Look older Xboxes can and DO freeze up or crash more often after being on for over 4 - 6 hours straight. It even states it in the original manual that you should never play it for more that 3-4 hours. NOT everything is Trion's fault. OLDER hardware overheats and freezes (xbox), Crappy memory leak (PS3) crashes every game. PC REQUIRES new hardware and software updates every 3-6 months to keep gaming. THere is ALWAYS a catch, get over it.

Please quote me were I said I only play PS3. I only have Defiance for PS3 but own many consoles. ;)

I can play my 360 for 4-6 hours (or 3-4 hours as you originally stated) without it freezing and I've had that since launch day.

BTW the PS3 problem yo alluded to (crashing every 3 minutes) is actually a disconnection from the server, not a crash. Happy to clear that up for you :D

Storm58
12-05-2013, 04:27 PM

Ack! What is UP with all of the RANDOM words in CAPS! Whenever I read it, I stress those words, so it is making my head hurt! :)

Not all old 360s crash after that amount of time playing. Mine doesn't. A well vented space helps too.

samuelsinn
12-05-2013, 04:28 PM
batman your also forgeting that the older model 360s had the beautiful lovely red ring of death that was a falt of the mother bord in the system over heating and parting away from another conducter inside of it coseing the mother bords to warp and move about inside the consol,

as for pc play of defiance :) as long as i dont go into any PVP maps or insdences or SWs i can go from 2:30 am at server reset to 2:30 am the next day. with out a crash. o.o its all in the hardwere. what your useing and what your system is. the consols are buggy

and your right its not all trions falt that the game is buggy its sometimes the consol and system your on. others can get more play time out of there systems were as people on older ones can not.

Shogo_Yahagi
12-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Sorry, no. It is Trion's fault that the code is buggy. I've owned my PS3 since they first came out. I've played tons of games on it, developed by many different game companies, logging thousands of hours of play time in the process. None of those games, not one, has even come close to having the stability problems that Defiance has. The problem with the console versions is that Defiance is a very bad port of a PC TPS done by a one-hit-wonder PC developer that had never done a console game or a TPS before.

N3gativeCr33p
12-06-2013, 08:09 AM
None of those games, not one, has even come close to having the stability problems that Defiance has.

Not trying to start an argument, so I will just respectfully disagree with this comment.

Shogo_Yahagi
12-06-2013, 08:13 AM
You can disagree all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Defiance is considerably less stable than any other game I have ever played on my Playstation. Your mileage may vary.

Bane_Of_Legends
12-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Dust514 was the most unstable game I've ever played. Defiance stability issues don't even come close to the ones I had from that game.

So yes my mileage does vary.

N3gativeCr33p
12-06-2013, 08:20 AM
Dust514 was the most unstable game I've ever played. Defiance stability issues don't even come close to the ones I had from that game.

Replace Dust 514 with DCUO, and that's my mileage. ;)

Bane_Of_Legends
12-06-2013, 08:28 AM
DCUO wasn't really bad for me. Really only had issues during peak playing times. I played mostly at nights to remedy that. What got me off of that game was that electricity was underpowered, and I really wanted my character to be a kick*** Cole McGrath kinda guy. Instead, I felt like a walking magikarp with a light bulb sticking out of my arse.

hardy83
12-06-2013, 08:33 AM
Looks like a heck of a sale. Full game $2.50, Deluxe $7.50. Share with your PS3 friends. Any cheaper than Trion would be paying you to play.

Any cheaper and it would be free to play really. lol
Don't know why they just don't go F2P already. Maybe waiting for season 2 to start. Make it a mini-reboot or something. :P

Shogo_Yahagi
12-06-2013, 08:55 AM

Dust is also a free to play beta, but I have heard a lot of complaints here about its stability. I think you mentioned on another thread that you were getting disconnected about every other game which would indeed be worse. I played some and it wasn't too bad for me when I tried it. I was a pretty casual player, maybe a couple of hours a day once or twice a week, but when I did play it was no worse than playing COD matches online. I wonder if I'm closer to one of their data centers or if I was playing at a different time of day or a different stage of development or something. I didn't play it right when it came out and I haven't played it recently, so that could be a source of difference. I shelved it with an intent to come back once they'd added some more features, but I've never gotten around to seeing what state it's in now.

I haven't played DCUO (another free to play PS3 game now), but I have heard from a lot of people that it was pretty bad and that a lot of people had hard-reset issues with it. That's one of the reasons I never played it. :D

I'm not saying that there aren't bad games out there, I'm saying that there are a lot of good ones that don't have these problems, which would tend to suggest coding problems, not hardware problems.

Red Mephisto
12-06-2013, 08:59 AM

Did you just blame Xbox For Defiance lag outs???? (Or do you mean just FREEZES, not lag outs??)

Lag outs happen every 20min-3 hours at random, hard freezes (for me anyway) maybe once a day at most....

Crap Servers = Defiance own fault...sorry but its true......

hey u
12-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Ah! That must be what Dahanese meant when she said that if Defiance wasn't giving players their money's worth at launch, they are getting their money's worth now.

It just sucks for us who paid $59.99 new and got people to buy it new for $59.99 and we still waiting for our money's worth.

Shogo_Yahagi
12-06-2013, 10:23 AM
It just sucks for us who paid $59.99 new and got people to buy it new for $59.99 and we still waiting for our money's worth.

Yup, that's the joke I was going for. I'm in the same boat.

Atticus Batman
12-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Yup, that's the joke I was going for. I'm in the same boat.

This is the real issue here. Btw when are we getting cool weapons not just altered versions of the current guns? I and several others have suggested plenty of melee/ranged weapons that would fit into the world and all we get is re-skinned guns with new effects.

vizibledog
12-06-2013, 03:30 PM

Did you just blame Xbox For Defiance lag outs???? (Or do you mean just FREEZES, not lag outs??)

Lag outs happen every 20min-3 hours at random, hard freezes (for me anyway) maybe once a day at most....

Crap Servers = Defiance own fault...sorry but its true......

I think he was pointing out that as well as the disconnection issues the xbox also has hardware problems due to overheating.

Atticus Batman
12-06-2013, 03:35 PM
I think he was pointing out that as well as the disconnection issues the xbox also has hardware problems due to overheating.

Exactly and some lag does come from overheating. It can also come from one's modem going out for a second. Yes there are plenty of issues with Defiance's coding and plenty of lag due to it according to some (mostly the Ps3 users from what I have seen) but all the systems add their own issues to a game that is made for all 3 as well.

vizibledog
12-06-2013, 03:47 PM
Exactly and some lag does come from overheating. It can also come from one's modem going out for a second. Yes there are plenty of issues with Defiance's coding and plenty of lag due to it according to some (mostly the Ps3 users from what I have seen) but all the systems add their own issues to a game that is made for all 3 as well.

Yep the PS3 definitely seems to have more disconnection issues than xbox or PC. If Trion could sort the disco issues I'd be a happy bunny. I can put up with most of the other issues but it can be so frustrating getting kicked so often. I used to put up with it and keep logging back in but now after the first disconnect I turn it off and switch the xbox one on.

hardy83
12-06-2013, 04:33 PM
I just looked. It's $2.50 for PS+ users only. It's $5 regular.

N3gativeCr33p
12-07-2013, 10:06 AM
I just looked. It's $2.50 for PS+ users only. It's $5 regular.

$2.50 sounds like a great price... it's just too bad I already spent $40 on a copy of Defiance for my 360 back in April.

hey u
12-07-2013, 11:22 AM
I stated this months back and sad I was right on it that Defiance dropped in price faster than Brink did.

3rdpig
12-07-2013, 01:01 PM
PC REQUIRES new hardware and software updates every 3-6 months to keep gaming.

Not true. I've been a PC gamer for more years than many people here have been alive. Right now the PC I'm playing on is going on 4 years old and runs Defiance at 50 fps. Yes, I update drivers and the OS regularly, but the hardware is 4 years old, including the nVidia GT 260 board.

Blueknight345
12-07-2013, 03:08 PM
I actually just bought it for 5 bucks on the psn, I originally bought this game pre ordered and all that. I took a long break but really glad I repurchased this game and there was more people on today then there was a couple months ago.

Narq
12-08-2013, 03:11 PM
Full game $2.50... Any cheaper... Trion would be paying you to play.
Now you're on to something!