PDA

View Full Version : sheesh

Mr Insufficient
12-05-2013, 04:27 AM
Well heroes... decided to take look at this game. The videos peaked my interest so i decided to check out the forums and see what players are saying about it. After viewing them though, I don't think i'll be playing this one anytime soon. The entire list of threads in the general forums is all negative. Everything sounds like it's busted or needs major tweaks. Although the game looks fun I'll keep it on the burner for rift... at least until trion puts more time into it, but have fun doing all the foot work for them for free. Maybe they'll give you a digital dime for your help lol

Elastik Spastik
12-05-2013, 05:29 AM
The game is alot of fun as it is now, yeah its got its problems but what game doesn't. Don't listen to everything you read because not everybody has the same problems. I played since launch and apart from a few in game bugs i rarely get the problems people do on here. I have been very fortunate on that side of things. Maybe thats why i hardly ever get oranges. If you have a friend who plays it ask him if you can make a temporary char on his and just have a go. It's each to thier own.

Chump Norris
12-05-2013, 06:10 AM
I think the game is well worth the current price. Trion cares more about the new players than us old players or "daredevils" if you prefer to call us by that fancy title they gave us. You should be fine to jump in and get your moneys worth.

Atticus Batman
12-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Well heroes... decided to take look at this game. The videos peaked my interest so i decided to check out the forums and see what players are saying about it. After viewing them though, I don't think i'll be playing this one anytime soon. The entire list of threads in the general forums is all negative. Everything sounds like it's busted or needs major tweaks. Although the game looks fun I'll keep it on the burner for rift... at least until trion puts more time into it, but have fun doing all the foot work for them for free. Maybe they'll give you a digital dime for your help lol

The Game is cheap. Last I knew, Psn has it on sale for 2.50$, Steam usually has it for 5$ with several free trial weekends offered on Pc alot, With Xbox 360 being the most expensive at between 10$ -20$. So give it a try, you don't lose much and it can be fun, not to mention it is constantly geared towards the new people.

samuelsinn
12-05-2013, 04:32 PM
jump right in have some fun. die a few times and re spawn . kill a hulker and blow up a mutent. pass some time. and ark hunt with friends. this game is ok and has lots of room to exspand. and i did not mean for any of that to ryme at all. o.o creepy...

DanteYoda
12-05-2013, 09:17 PM

Honestly going by forum responses only you must not play many mmo's, try Guildwars 2 or Final Fantasy 14 and tell me how many over joyed happy players are in those as well...

Play the game and see for yourself or just read about it like a drone, your choice in my opinion..

I made a similar mistake by looking at the reviews early on for this game, big mistake honestly on my behalf as i love the game bugs and all, but hey up to you..

Bonehead
12-05-2013, 09:38 PM

You smell like a troll

samuelsinn
12-06-2013, 12:20 PM
You smell like a troll

o.o how do you know what a troll smells like :: sniffs around smells nothing :: wait :: plugs nose :: my cat just farted

3rdpig
12-06-2013, 01:13 PM
I bought the game for full price and I've got around 800 hours in it. That's more than I've got in Oblivion and Skyrim combined. I'd say it was worth a measly $5.

That being said, it's not half the game it should be. Kind of reminds me of Far Cry 2. Such potential unrealized. Still fun, but still a lot of regrets over what it should have and could have been. And might still be....hopefully. But then again, I'm still hoping Frank Sinatra will be reborn too.

Bonehead
12-06-2013, 01:32 PM
I bought the game for full price and I've got around 800 hours in it. That's more than I've got in Oblivion and Skyrim combined. I'd say it was worth a measly $5.

That being said, it's not half the game it should be. Kind of reminds me of Far Cry 2. Such potential unrealized. Still fun, but still a lot of regrets over what it should have and could have been. And might still be....hopefully. But then again, I'm still hoping Frank Sinatra will be reborn too.

Frank Sinatra was a pretty good actor too.

Seth Winternight
12-06-2013, 03:11 PM
I'm all in agreement with the fact that it's down to everyone's personal tastes when it comes to video games and Defiance is no exception. You either like it, hate it, or just play it to kill time and that's entirely fine. Just don't prejudge a game based on people's opinions: while it does give you SOME insight (of sorts), there's a lot of salt being tossed around.

Attain
12-06-2013, 03:12 PM

I would just play the game if I were you and come to your own conclusions. I personally find it a lot of fun even with the bugs. For some reason this community has a ton of bitter players that like to troll the forums and rip on the game and Trion. No I am NOT talking about people criticizing it, or bringing up points so things can be improved and/or fixed. I am talking about the whiney crybabies that post in tears they are leaving Defiance forever! and promoting a negative stance, and basically telling anyone and everyone not to play because they are not playing anymore.

That said, try the game. Judge for yourself. Honestly it is cheap, I have spent more on a Mcdonalds meal for just myself. In some places its cheaper than a Starbucks coffee. In my opinion even if you play through the story line and then stop you have gotten your moneys worth. Again put the actual price of the game into perspective. For its current price vs. performance... its worth it, and worth checking out.

Narq
12-08-2013, 03:06 PM
I've got around 800 hours in it.
God Bless You.